Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think it's a short turn slump, it's been a one way train for the last six months and sometimes it feels like you can't give away the stuff. The world is massively oversupplied at the moment and that's with Iran under sanction, Libya crippled, and Iraq far from full production. Saudis aren't gonna cut and Russia can't afford to. The outlook for global growth and demand looks very weak for the next few years.

It's going to be interesting to see how producers handle it. I haven't really looked deeply into the production costs of various producers or how well hedged into the future they are but they've got to be feeling pain right now. We're not going to be seeing $100 oil again any time soon imo.
    Last edited by Denny Crane; 28-11-14, 23:18.

Comment

That was really really cool on the Toy show in all fairness.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

:- Best job I ever had.
        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
          ...Thought I'd share...
          ...Was planning to apply for the Canadian Visa next year, although they don't start the application process until at least January 2015...I thought I'd take a stab and put myself on the waiting list for the 2014 application... I submitted my application at about 2:00pm today...At 3:30pm, I received an email saying I was on the waiting list... And 7:30pm, I got an email to say I received the quota, and have 12 days to get my shite together...Obviously buzzing...So anyone that was planning to go next year, it looks like there is no problem getting one right away...
          ...Tldr, applied for Canadain visa this morning, got my quota in 7 hours...
          ...Boom!!...

...Oh and sick brag, I am about to head out on my first proper date since July, Tinder rules!!!!....

If you're looking to work in construction/engineering/architecture/geomatics etc Calgary is a good place to come to.
          If you're just looking to enjoy Canada go to Vancouver/Toronto/Montreal, obviously hit up Banff/Kelowna etc aswell.

Calgary is pretty expensive and if you're earning less than $15 an hour it'll stop you from going snowboarding/drinking/eating out etc. Plus this place is packed with Irish already, the accent is no longer the asset it was when I first got here.

Theresa is nuts if he's going snowboarding in -30 tomorrow, face will he ripped off even with a balaclava!

Also don't even consider Saskatchewan, Manitoba or even Edmonton, all pretty depressing and quiet places (haven't been to them all but trust me) even compared to Calgary which is pretty quiet as well.
          Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 28-11-14, 23:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
            yeah was a great atmosphere last night. Great range of characters around the place, one of my favourite things about live poker is the variety of people you meet.
            That chap Rory was great craic. Very funny guy and the boys all seemed to buzz off him. The chat at the table made it really enjoyable
            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              No posts by Hitch since last Sunday. Odds that Mrs Hitch has murdered him?
              Think maybe we weren't giving enough attention to his escapades. Pity cos I enjoy reading his posting style

Comment

A quick read of the accom and property threads in the other place are part of the reason this country went to shit, lets all become landlords....ffs, some of the people posting over there need strung up, thank fuck im not a tenant in dublin, jeez...landlords are nearly as bad as taxi drivers nowadays.
                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                  I don't think it's a short turn slump ...
                  It's going to be interesting to see how producers handle it. I haven't really looked deeply into the production costs of various producers or how well hedged into the future they are but they've got to be feeling pain right now. We're not going to be seeing $100 oil again any time soon imo.
                  Take pity on one M O'Leary, for years he was pilloried for failing to hedge against rising oil prices, he eventually learned his lesson and has hedged for the last four years or so .... Unfortunately for him he's locked in at ninety three dollars a barrel for the next six months or so.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                    A quick read of the accom and property threads in the other place are part of the reason this country went to shit, lets all become landlords....ffs, some of the people posting over there need strung up, thank fuck im not a tenant in dublin, jeez...landlords are nearly as bad as taxi drivers nowadays.
                    We were waiting on the dreaded rent hike this year, sound Landlord only hit Us for an extra 50 quid a month. Pretty happy with that. I have had great luck with landlords yet to have a bad one and I've had quite a few houses.
                    airport, lol

Comment

AC/DC's new album.

Half shite and half brilliant?

More the latter for me...

Comment

Just sitting down in mgm to catch a David Copperfield show in las vegas. Genuinely excited! Hope he pulls a rabbit out of a hat

Vegas... wow!!!
                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

How do you fuck up chocolate cake?!
                          ffs.
                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                            Just sitting down in mgm to catch a David Copperfield show in las vegas. Genuinely excited! Hope he pulls a rabbit out of a hat

Vegas... wow!!!
                            You'll find him a lot funnier than you expected. And, he's probably just going to be wearing a pair of jeans and a shirt. None of this tux nonsense anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                              AC/DC's new album.

Half shite and half brilliant?

More the latter for me...
                              Any chance of a tour next year, do you think? I'd love to see them live before they pack it all in. Second Slane date maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                You'll find him a lot funnier than you expected. And, he's probably just going to be wearing a pair of jeans and a shirt. None of this tux nonsense anymore
                                He was quite funny actually.

Excellent show... No rabbit out of a hat... But there was a duck out of a cask. Murcia huh!
                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

He was quite funny actually.

Excellent show... No rabbit out of a hat... But there was a duck out of a cask. Murcia huh!
                                  Hows the weather in Spain these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                    Shit did I get the slang wrong?

Weather is fab... Moving here is definitely +ev life choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                      Sharp cunt for this hour!
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                        Any chance of a tour next year, do you think? I'd love to see them live before they pack it all in. Second Slane date maybe?
                                        They're definitely touring and pretty sure they'll play here though unlikely to be slane

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                          If you're looking to work in construction/engineering/architecture/geomatics etc Calgary is a good place to come to.
                                          If you're just looking to enjoy Canada go to Vancouver/Toronto/Montreal, obviously hit up Banff/Kelowna etc aswell.

Calgary is pretty expensive and if you're earning less than $15 an hour it'll stop you from going snowboarding/drinking/eating out etc. Plus this place is packed with Irish already, the accent is no longer the asset it was when I first got here.

Theresa is nuts if he's going snowboarding in -30 tomorrow, face will he ripped off even with a balaclava!

Also don't even consider Saskatchewan, Manitoba or even Edmonton, all pretty depressing and quiet places (haven't been to them all but trust me) even compared to Calgary which is pretty quiet as well.
                                          First post in ages, welcome back Charlie!

Comment

So my gf had her staff night out last night and managed to get her 5th phone of the year stolen. Must be the record winner. don't think shelling out for another iPhone is the best course of action since she can't get them insured and be careful doesn't seem to cut it.

I know this has been asked several times before so sorry for the repetition but budget smartphones - is it the moto g that you guys thought was the winner or is there another option I should be looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                              So my gf had her staff night out last night and managed to get her 5th phone of the year stolen. Must be the record winner. don't think shelling out for another iPhone is the best course of action since she can't get them insured and be careful doesn't seem to cut it.

I know this has been asked several times before so sorry for the repetition but budget smartphones - is it the moto g that you guys thought was the winner or is there another option I should be looking at.
                                              Get her one of these. ...http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...rd_p=560262147no cunt would want to steal that.

Comment

5 stolen in a year?
                                                Are you sure she has not a serious drug - gambling problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                  5 stolen in a year?
                                                  Not sure if your serious but yes I'm sure

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                    5 stolen in a year?
                                                    Stolen Lost

Comment

I'd be really surprised if we don't get one last chance to see them. Would prefer the 02 though.

The album is solid if not spectacular. Decent effort under trying circumstances.

Comment

Cheaper get a new GF Richie.
                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                          Cheaper get a new GF Richie.
                                                          No doubt but this one already has full access to all my money and will run the phone through the business either way.

The hassle of finding another hot woman who has a passable knowledge of rugby and is not completely mental and prepared to go out with me is worth any amount of money.

Either way she works so will come out of her side of shared money

Comment

Chromecast is down to ÂŁ18 on amazon.
                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                              Nice one man!

Where you thinking of heading? I genuinely wouldn't advise Calgary even though I am here atm. I wouldn't have chosen to stay here had a Lemony Snicketts not occurred.
                                                              ...Loving the BBV love :-)...I'm going to be heading to Toronto, I went their a couple of months ago just for 6 days and the minute I got their it just felt right...Plus the fact I've a good friend their to help me settle if necessary... I've no idea what kind of work ill do because I have Zero interest in 100% of jobs, but I'm sure i'll figure something out...
                                                              ...As long as it gets me away from my current life I'm easy...
                                                              Last edited by luckforsome; 29-11-14, 12:04.

Comment

...Loving the BBV love :-)...I'm going to be heading to Toronto, I went their a couple of months ago just for 6 days and the minute I got their it just felt right...Plus the fact I've a good friend their to help me settle if necessary... I've no idea what kind of work ill do because I have Zero interest in 100% of jobs, but I'm sure i'll figure something out...
                                                                Can't believe this is true. What are your general interests? Surely there's a job/career down one of those paths that you'd be interested in?
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Why did you stop signing off aat the end of your posts? Any particular reason or just decided to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                    Can't believe this is true. What are your general interests? Surely there's a job/career down one of those paths that you'd be interested in?
                                                                    ...Well can playing poker badly be a career path :-)...I've worked in a pub for 10 years and would not do another shift, (obviously painting all pubs with 1 brush which is possible -ev longterm)...I have actually got a Bachelors in Accountancy, and had 11/14 Acca exams completed before realising I have no interest in it...Kind of at that stage where I'm starting from scratch (27 is a nice age to do so)...

Why did you stop signing off aat the end of your posts? Any particular reason or just decided to stop.
                                                                    ...Em, no particular reason, I think it's kinda mood based...Sometimes I'd make a point of doing it, other times I couldn't give a shite about it...I also felt I was copying OPR in a strange sense, and he has 100% signature posts (Cheating lol)...
                                                                    ...But just for you...
                                                                    ...Liam Joseph Patrick O' Reilly...:-)...

Comment

England v Australia and Wales v South Africa both on at the same time. Frustrating!

Comment

2qq's

Where is the best place to park for the cinema in Dundrum shopping centre?

Whats is the best place to look for death notices from the North (probably RC but i wouldn't be certain) ?
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Did my very first 5km run this morning, at the advanced age of 38 (I'm probably officially a veteran in all sports!) - one of the many 5km parkrun options that seem to have sprung up all over the place, did it in Knocknacarra in G-town. Happy enough with a time of 23:42, am guessing I will improve a good bit on that in the future, if my knees allow me to do the parkruns in St. Anne's Park, Marley Park or Malahide.

Heading to see Connacht-Scarlets later, then will find some live music down around the Dominick St part of town.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                            2qq's

Whats is the best place to look for death notices from the North (probably RC but i wouldn't be certain) ?
                                                                            Park in the shopping centre

Comment

2qq's

It looks like rip.ie covers the north too.
                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

2qq's

There's a small car park that's pretty much opposite the cinema. It's beside a school, should be easy to find on google maps

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                                                  Park in the shopping centre
                                                                                  cool.

Is it all the one car park? I thought there was a special one for cinema / restaurants

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                    First post in ages, welcome back Charlie!
                                                                                    Haha thanks. I still browse every week or so (this is where I get my Irish news and random stuff going on in the world), just too lazy to log in and post. Know a little about Canada so thought I'd throw up my 2 cents for luckforsome.

Luckforsome, any questions about Canada fire away, although Calgary would be what I know more about.

Comment

How long does one have to pick up item from parcel motel. One plus one arrived at 7.30am but I'm in galway and not back home till tomorrow. Will they charge for another stay or what's the crack
                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Think you've two days - you'll be OK collecting tomorrow I'm fairly sure.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                          How long does one have to pick up item from parcel motel. One plus one arrived at 7.30am but I'm in galway and not back home till tomorrow. Will they charge for another stay or what's the crack
                                                                                          ...That's a simple answer... one plus one =Two :-0...of course I have no idea if it is two days but I'm in my giddy mood...

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                            Got me a chromecast for 20 quid today in PCworld. Happy out. Will have a look at setting it up tomorrow as I am heading out for a well needed night out!
                                                                                            Sitting watching Netflix right now, handy piece of kit for sure!

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                            Mrs Duke III: "yes kids, of course you can stay up and watch the Late Late Toy Show. Goodbye dear, I'm off out for the evening."

Prawned IMO.
                                                                                            Nice one Mrs RDIII!

Vegas... wow!!!
                                                                                            I didn't think this was going to be any good but went along with the plans anyway. He really is a good showman, the comedy stuff was off the cuff and brilliant and would highly recommend seeing him. Glad you enjoyed it too

Comment

Watching Liverpool games is such a chore at the moment. First half of this match has been as poor a football game as you will see. Not a shot on target between the teams. I think the contrast to last season makes it all the worse.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                Watching Liverpool games is such a chore at the moment. First half of this match has been as poor a football game as you will see. Not a shot on target between the teams.
                                                                                                ...FYP...

Comment

Watching Liverpool games is such a chore at the moment. First half of this match has been as poor a football game as you will see. Not a shot on target between the teams. I think the contrast to last season makes it all the worse.

Opr
                                                                                                  I just want it to be over, such horrible football. Playing well and losing is one thing but having to put up with this shite is soul destroying.

Comment

Life hit a new Low

It is not often I go for a night out and it is not often I drink. Last night was the leaving night for the Head Pastry Chef (My job now!) and went out about 9.00pm for a few drinks. I don't drink a lot on a night anyway so was making sure I stuck to that.

Ordered myself a glass of cider, my usual tipple when I do drink and that was grand, went down well. On the second glass I had taken a couple of mouthfuls when my lips felt rubbery. I went to the bathroom and I looked like this!

SPOILER

After a bit I decided to walk to the A&E as I was a few minutes away and ended up with a line in, hydrocortizone and all the other shit that goes with anaphalaxa. Had to discharge myself about 2.00am as I wanted a few hours kip before I started work this morning.

So Fuck My Life anyway

No longer look like the above picture thank god, took a good hour before the lips went back to normal. Scary shit. What's next?

There is an 18 month to 2 year wait for immunology clinic.

Comment

Just saw the Ed Sheeran clip from the Toy Show. Big respect for the guy after that! Finishes a gig in Newcastle, hops on a plane to Dublin to surprise a fan, he has heard she couldn't get tickets for his show in the O2 so is gonna fly her and her family over for his 3 Wembley dates next year and gave her a Teddy bear, signed CD and an xmas jumper. Not the first time he has done something for a fan apparently but great to see a celeb that's down to earth for a change.

Comment

Opr
                                                                                                        Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                                        I just want it to be over, such horrible football. Playing well and losing is one thing but having to put up with this shite is soul destroying.
                                                                                                        Maybe this is the reason I'm enjoying the PL a bit more this season than I did last season. But on a serious note, do Liverpool fans not think last season was just an over achieving season? Suarez factor an all that.

Comment

Just saw the Ed Sheeran clip from the Toy Show. Big respect for the guy after that! Finishes a gig in Newcastle, hops on a plane to Dublin to surprise a fan, he has heard she couldn't get tickets for his show in the O2 so is gonna fly her and her family over for his 3 Wembley dates next year and gave her a Teddy bear, signed CD and an xmas jumper. Not the first time he has done something for a fan apparently but great to see a celeb that's down to earth for a change.
                                                                                                          seeing how much Brian McFadden got for the Tv3 xmas Gig, you'd wonder how much Ed Sheeran got for turning up last night.

folk saying he's gentleman/down to earth and all that - but he could be getting 25k for turning up, if he did it for free then i would agree, but realistically he's not flying in just for the show and not getting paid now is he?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                            I don't think it's a short turn slump, it's been a one way train for the last six months and sometimes it feels like you can't give away the stuff. The world is massively oversupplied at the moment and that's with Iran under sanction, Libya crippled, and Iraq far from full production. Saudis aren't gonna cut and Russia can't afford to. The outlook for global growth and demand looks very weak for the next few years.

Never mind climate change the crucial thing we need to cop on to is that the Zuutroy's of the world see nothing on the horizon in the line of a power source that will lift a 747 full of people into the air other than hydrocarbons. If we want to continue to fly big planes in the future (only 50 - 100 years from now) we should already have stopped spewing all our reserves on stupid things like cars when we can do much better.

Comment

Wife off doing a bit of shopping when an old friend of her's calls. I invite her in and start chatting and say I suppose you have your Xmas shopping all done and decorations up already chortle chortle. No she replies, We dont do Christmas, theres nothing in bible about celebrating Christmas. Its a pagan festival which has been commercialised causing ppl to go into debt and creating suffering in world. I asked if she would like a cup of tea and went into kitchen and started praying.....for wife to come home. There is a GOD, he listened. Thank Fcuk!

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                                                Wife off doing a bit of shopping when an old friend of her's calls. I invite her in and start chatting and say I suppose you have your Xmas shopping all done and decorations up already chortle chortle. No she replies, We dont do Christmas, theres nothing in bible about celebrating Christmas. Its a pagan festival which has been commercialised causing ppl to go into debt and creating suffering in world. I asked if she would like a cup of tea and went into kitchen and started praying.....for wife to come home. There is a GOD, he listened. Thank Fcuk!
                                                                                                                ...Pics of said friend?...

Comment

Allergic to apples now? What kind of cider was it?
                                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post

I'd be interested to hear more about this .

Comment

2qq's

Ah the auld establish an alibi while having a Love/Hate style hit done on someone in the north routine! My 3 guesses are:

1. Gerry Adams

2. Head of Catholic Church N.I.

Above two unlikely due to SP being unsure about their religion.

3 . Has found out Ruth Coppinger is on a weekend break up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Finkel View Post
                                                                                                                        Jumped up little tin cop

Who was it said that again, Damo was it?
                                                                                                                        Good memory Richie .
                                                                                                                        My opinion has not changed .

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                                                          seeing how much Brian McFadden got for the Tv3 xmas Gig, you'd wonder how much Ed Sheeran got for turning up last night.

folk saying he's gentleman/down to earth and all that - but he could be getting 25k for turning up, if he did it for free then i would agree, but realistically he's not flying in just for the show and not getting paid now is he?
                                                                                                                          Know a couple of people who've worked/dealt with him over the past few years. Apparently he's genuinely a very nice guy. (That's not to say he didn't get some manner of fee, though it could well have been paid for by his record label)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X