Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch what happens when a beekeeper "accidentally" drops his very angry bees in an elevator with a stranger...Writer & Director: Stefan Glidden Executive Pro...

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
      Onto Apple support for the first time ever...

#prayforme
      LoL.... so the IPhone 5 i had i gave to herself as i got a new work phone... the last couple of months the battery had been acting up so I told her i would get her the oneplus one phone (ordered that Monday afternoon, thanks to Ionapaul for the invite) was thinking of replacing the battery myself to keep it as a second phone so today when i was googling changing batteries i found an article on on the Irish times website saying that a number of Iphone 5's batteries are being replaced by Apple due to faulty batteries... cue serial number search and turns out my phone is one of them... FML!! I could have the new phone myself!!

O well... also didn't know if you ring Apple with a tech problem when your phone is out of warranty they will charge you 29euro per call!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
        My tablet and phone are still not working right since I upgraded to Lollypop. Simple things like the timer reverting to zero while timing things and apps doing crazy shit!

My problem here tonight is with my Nexus 7 2012 model. I can only use it now as an ebook reader as apps don't work at all on it. Well I did use it as an e-reader...

Tony had got me a file of books I had been looking for. I extracted it and have all the epubs sitting on my laptop and I emailed myself 3 books before the update. When I clicked on them it asked me if I wanted to open with overdrive media which I use for books from Waterstones. I had no problems at all, until now

I see the book sitting in my email and it is in epub format. I click on it and it then brings me to selecting andro zip or easy unrar lite which doesn't make sense as they are not zipped and even when you click on either program nothing happens as apps are not working.

Anyone any idea what I can do? I am gutted, I spend a lot of my free time reading and now I can't read all my ebooks
        Can you try and put a different version of software on it again? Factory reset no help?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
          Can you try and put a different version of software on it again? Factory reset no help?
          So reluctant to do that, have so much on the tablet and can't back it up as nothing is working. Doing my head in

Comment

So reluctant to do that, have so much on the tablet and can't back it up as nothing is working. Doing my head in
            Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling any of the apps? Solved some problems for me on a previous update.
            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Fuck it, just started factory reset. At least I can use some other things on it as it is unusable right now. I would use my tablet every day so it is really frustrating. I would browse IPB from it, FB and read. But it was so slow it wasn't worth the bother and then the apps just stopped working or crashed once they opened.

On my phone I can't always type messages, you touch the letters and nothing happens. So annoying. I could kill a baby penguin right now!

Comment

Jesus MrsFD, you are always upgrading this and that and having issues. Surely if your pc/laptop is doing what you want and isn't sick slow then just leave it alone?

I know this is exactly the help you are requiring right now, but no need to thank me

Ok so it was slow , lol

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                  Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling any of the apps? Solved some problems for me on a previous update.
                  I had on my phone but not on tablet. The corrupted apps still didn't work after doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                    Jesus MrsFD, you are always upgrading this and that and having issues. Surely if your pc/laptop is doing what you want and isn't sick slow then just leave it alone?

I know this is exactly the help you are requiring right now, but no need to thank me
                    Eh???? that's nonsense! I only do regular updates. It is MRFD who has a problem every time windows updates, not me.

I just allowed my phone and tablet do the latest android updates as it was alerting me to do so. Nought wrong with that imo

Comment

Eh???? that's nonsense! I only do regular updates. It is MRFD who has a problem every time windows updates, not me.

I just allowed my phone and tablet do the latest android updates as it was alerting me to do so. Nought wrong with that imo
                      Ya prob was Tony alright, apologies

Comment

Lambert has now scored in:

Conference
                        League 2
                        League 1
                        Championship
                        Premier League
                        International level
                        Champions League

Pretty impressive that
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                          3 numbers up in lotto in PP, handy 300 quid.
                          Yeah but how much did you lose

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                            Lambert has now scored in:

Conference
                            League 2
                            League 1
                            Championship
                            Premier League
                            International level
                            Champions League

Pretty impressive that
                            I see ye joined me and have the tree up and ALL the other stuff

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                            Yeah but how much did you lose
                            12 euro thats the most i would ever do and it has been a good few weeks since I did them, I dont do it every week only when I think of i,t weird thing was I put a reminder in my phone last night to do them as i was feeling lucky. 4 lots of numbers in all draws @1 euro
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

I had on my phone but not on tablet. The corrupted apps still didn't work after doing that.
                              It's a weird one. I've had no such problems since my upgrade.

If the factory reset doesn't work (which it should surely) then just root and flash a different kitkat rom on it.

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

My tablet and phone are still not working right since I upgraded to Lollypop. Simple things like the timer reverting to zero while timing things and apps doing crazy shit!

My problem here tonight is with my Nexus 7 2012 model. I can only use it now as an ebook reader as apps don't work at all on it. Well I did use it as an e-reader...

Tony had got me a file of books I had been looking for. I extracted it and have all the epubs sitting on my laptop and I emailed myself 3 books before the update. When I clicked on them it asked me if I wanted to open with overdrive media which I use for books from Waterstones. I had no problems at all, until now

I see the book sitting in my email and it is in epub format. I click on it and it then brings me to selecting andro zip or easy unrar lite which doesn't make sense as they are not zipped and even when you click on either program nothing happens as apps are not working.

Anyone any idea what I can do? I am gutted, I spend a lot of my free time reading and now I can't read all my ebooks

or download the epub and open from the app?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                    It's a weird one. I've had no such problems since my upgrade.

If the factory reset doesn't work (which it should surely) then just root and flash a different kitkat rom on it.
                                    Done reset and it is lollypop and although things are running a little faster I can't get my book stuff to work

Will need to look at flashing it with a different rom before I throw it out the window

Comment

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...betteropenwith
                                      I have the epub downloaded on my laptop. I just sent it over via email to get on my tablet. It wont do anything other than the open with "" what I said before. Not downloading as you would expect.

Now my newly reset tablet wont allow me to add my other google account

Comment

RTE is amazing at the moment
                                        Darragh is no Bill, and the lads are struggling

Comment

After all my hassle restoring to factory and hoping I could get my ebooks back I now have all my collection gone and the same thing is happening with the epubs. Wanting to open with androzip or easy unrar. Not giving me any other choice.

Emailed Waterstones about all the digital books I have paid for as they wont download either and they are wanting me to pay again. Hopefully they will help sort that for me.

Depressed.com totally tonight

Comment

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...betteropenwith
                                            Ok I downloaded this app and I removed the other two apps just in case. Went into the ebook part of that app and set the ebooks to open with overdrive.

Now when I click on a book it says

Info
                                            No app can open this attachment for viewing

Comment

How did I never know that Swiss people eat cats and dogs? Poor Koreans have been getting the brunt of the dog eating jokes for years when we had these inhuman scum on our doorstep.

Animal rights activists have drawn up a petition to ban the ‘barbaric’ practice of eating pets in Switzerland, where cat meat often appears on traditional Christmas menus in rural areas.

Comment

Ok I downloaded this app and I removed the other two apps just in case. Went into the ebook part of that app and set the ebooks to open with overdrive.

Now when I click on a book it says

Info
                                                No app can open this attachment for viewing
                                                Kindle app not work?
                                                Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Kindle app not work?
                                                  The books I purchased are opened with overdrive. I have 2 ebook readers and none of them are working.

Comment

The books I purchased are opened with overdrive. I have 2 ebook readers and none of them are working.
                                                    but would kindle open them maybe?
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                      How did I never know that Swiss people eat cats and dogs? Poor Koreans have been getting the brunt of the dog eating jokes for years when we had these inhuman scum on our doorstep.

http://rt.com/news/209099-swiss-eating-pets-petition/
                                                      The Swiss are truly the oddest race I have ever encountered. Would not be at all surprised to hear they are robots in human form.
                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Homeland

Brilliant.

Comment

Yo DP been trying to mess around with XBMC on my desktop (Windows 7) & my Macbook and I can't seem to connect to anything, keep getting script errors when trying to install the addon installer (read there might be a problem) so went with a manual install of Navi X and absolutely no go with the download, any ideas?
                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

but would kindle open them maybe?
                                                            No, you have to use overdrive. They wont download at all. They are going to the payment screen even although it shows I have paid.

Managed to get 2 books that Tony got me downloaded. I had to keep hitting save and download until the stupid thing recognised it and finally ES File explorer picked them up and gave me the option to open with FB Reader or Overdrive!

Back in business lol. That was a few hours of my life I wont get back!

Lost so much, but if some apps work better than before I reset it then it was worth it.

Comment

After all my hassle restoring to factory and hoping I could get my ebooks back I now have all my collection gone and the same thing is happening with the epubs. Wanting to open with androzip or easy unrar. Not giving me any other choice.

Emailed Waterstones about all the digital books I have paid for as they wont download either and they are wanting me to pay again. Hopefully they will help sort that for me.

Depressed.com totally tonight
                                                              Put a list of the ones they are asking you to pay for in the cousins forum and we'll get them for you (hopefully) if you can't find them yourself.

As for the tablet, sounds like a really odd one. Hopefully flashing a rom will work for you. If not buy zod or DP a bus ticket to Donegal and I'm sure they'll help out

Comment

What format are your ebooks MrsFD?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                  What format are your ebooks MrsFD?
                                                                  They are epub Dom

I shouldn't have to pay again for them. What I discovered there is that it is not recognising my overdrive account. I have put in all email addresses I have and it doesn't recognise any of them. The problem with the waterstones page was that you have to scroll to the bottom of the screen and click use full site to get them to download. I did that and it went straight to overdrive but then it stops because it recognises a different overdrive account.

I am hoping they will sort it out for me. I am sure most of the books are on the file Tony got me, so I can get them again. Just frustrating.

I have got there in the end, I don't give up easily lol. It is now only the ones that are from Waterstones causing me grief.
                                                                  The ones I had on FB reader are included in the file Tony got me. I will just have them all on Overdrive.

As for the Nexus, if you google it, There has been a huge problem with the lollypop update for the 2012 model.

Comment

Flushdraws, you should get an IT person on a jobbridge to handle all the devices imo
                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Uber has been sideswiped by a ridiculous number of controversies lately, but things are about to get even worse for the ride-sharing service. A security

Get Uber off your phone you fools.
                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                        Flushdraws, you should get an IT person on a jobbridge to handle all the devices imo
                                                                        I know you wont believe it, but I am trained in IT! This is not normal stuff. FD usually asks on here as I am not always around these days to fix his problem.

Comment

Yeah Flushys, your gaff seems to be some kinda IT Chernobyl with all the shit that goes wrong.
                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                            Yeah Flushys, your gaff seems to be some kinda IT Chernobyl with all the shit that goes wrong.
                                                                            If you could see the devices we have..

5 Laptops
                                                                            5 Tablets
                                                                            4 Android Phones
                                                                            1 Ipod Touch
                                                                            1 Smart TV
                                                                            2 Wireless printers
                                                                            1 Xbox
                                                                            1 Wii

And that is all I can think of right now. That is a lot of stuff that can go wrong

Comment

Where are they gonna get an IT jobbridger in Donegal? They are more likely to get burnt out of their home by flame torch and pitchfork wielding yokels for practising witchcraft and Internetology.

Comment

surely another tablet works Id get an ereader if I was you haha

Flash a new rom on, only thing you can do as was suggested

Comment

Where are they gonna get an IT jobbridger in Donegal? They are more likely to get burnt out of their home by flame torch and pitchfork wielding yokels for practising witchcraft and Internetology.
                                                                                  I think I need you to follow me around like the guy in this series, I pay top jobbridge rates

Comment

5 Laptops
                                                                                    5 Tablets
                                                                                    4 Android Phones
                                                                                    1 Ipod Touch
                                                                                    1 Smart TV
                                                                                    2 Wireless printers
                                                                                    1 Xbox
                                                                                    1 Wii

And that is all I can think of right now. That is a lot of stuff that can go wrong
                                                                                    No WiFi kettle tho...

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                      Yo DP been trying to mess around with XBMC on my desktop (Windows 7) & my Macbook and I can't seem to connect to anything, keep getting script errors when trying to install the addon installer (read there might be a problem) so went with a manual install of Navi X and absolutely no go with the download, any ideas?
                                                                                      Managed to get the new version Kodi up & running through the walkthrough http://www.tvaddons.ag/install-addons-kodi/ but still can't seem to install any scripts.

Comment

surely another tablet works Id get an ereader if I was you haha

Flash a new rom on, only thing you can do as was suggested
                                                                                        I have some of my books back on it, just took a while to work out what was wrong and how to get round it.

Still running like a bag of shite though

Comment

5 Laptops
                                                                                          5 Tablets
                                                                                          4 Android Phones
                                                                                          1 Ipod Touch
                                                                                          1 Smart TV
                                                                                          2 Wireless printers
                                                                                          1 Xbox
                                                                                          1 Wii

Need to go apple imo

Comment

Managed to get the new version Kodi up & running through the walkthrough http://www.tvaddons.ag/install-addons-kodi/ but still can't seem to install any scripts.
                                                                                            Have you used Xfinity installer?

Comment

newsroom, another good episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                Need to go apple imo
                                                                                                Had 4 apple products, three broke, so nah

Comment

http://www.xunitytalk.com/forum.php
                                                                                                  I can add it but can't access it to install.

Comment

Had 4 apple products, three broke, so nah
                                                                                                    Apple support is the nuts.

I've had android phones for years but strongly considering an iPhone next.

Comment

Danny, I had a similar dot on the screen of my MacBook to the one you had a while ago, brought it into compu b when my charger broke and they replaced it, 15 months after i bought it, no questions asked. Part was otherwise €600!

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                        Apple support is the nuts.

I've had android phones for years but strongly considering an iPhone next.
                                                                                                        I'm anti apple. Had some bad experiences with apple support.

Comment

http://www.xunitytalk.com/forum.php
                                                                                                          Got it done manually, still haven't a clue what I'm at really just kinda messing around wouldn't mind using it if it has links to football matches on it?

Danny, I had a similar dot on the screen of my MacBook to the one you had a while ago, brought it into compu b when my charger broke and they replaced it, 15 months after i bought it, no questions asked. Part was otherwise €600!
                                                                                                          Happy days man, mine has been going grand since and not a dot insight.

Comment

Happy days man, mine has been going grand since and not a dot insight.
                                                                                                            It was minor enough and wasn't even bothering me that much, but I was bringing a broken charger into them so said I'd bring this also. I didn't realise at the time that the screen was a unibody unit meaning the case and all had to be replaced!

Comment

I'll answer this tomorrow when I am less drunk

Comment

Got it done manually, still haven't a clue what I'm at really just kinda messing around wouldn't mind using it if it has links to football matches on it?
                                                                                                                Xfinity simplifies things, I use iStream for any streaming I do with XBMC.

Now I don't use XBMC for any of my football streaming. I have a subscription to what used to be freeonlinefooty or whatever it was called, now called hd-streaming. They have an XBMC app but lately I have found it stuttering, but that might be due to my Android box.

I no longer find XBMC to be good for streaming the football. I will stream either through my online subscription site above, firstrowsports, or occasionally through a Wiziwig link, all through a laptop hooked up to tv.

Comment

It was minor enough and wasn't even bothering me that much, but I was bringing a broken charger into them so said I'd bring this also. I didn't realise at the time that the screen was a unibody unit meaning the case and all had to be replaced!
                                                                                                                  Was in Barcelona when my charger went tits up, handy enough now that I also have a European adaptor now for when travelling without having to bring adaptors.

Now I don't use XBMC for any of my football streaming. I have a subscription to what used to be freeonlinefooty or whatever it was called, now called hd-streaming. They have an XBMC app but lately I have found it stuttering, but that might be due to my Android box.

I no longer find XBMC to be good for streaming the football. I will stream either through my online subscription site above, firstrowsports, or occasionally through a Wiziwig link, all through a laptop hooked up to tv.
                                                                                                                  Got some Sky Sports/BT Sports streams up and running through Navi X, they're saying HD but none of them are. Like the idea of XBMC but not sure if it's for me, would tend to download movies more than stream even though some of the 720/1080 movie streams seem decent. Have been thinking about getting a new online footy subscription, couldn't get a decent link for the Utd match the other day, be handy to have one I suppose.

Comment

I no longer find XBMC to be good for streaming the football. I will stream either through my online subscription site above, firstrowsports, or occasionally through a Wiziwig link, all through a laptop hooked up to tv......with >3MB bogband....
                                                                                                                    FYP for everyone outside the pale.
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Sly bitching classic, I've had you on ignore for ages and have never really interacted with you but yet every now & again I see a post that is quoted and your having popshots at me constantly for some reason, we all aren't going to get a long and that's fine but man just get over it already whatever it is.
                                                                                                                      You talk some shite. Constantly... How precious of you. Quote all these every now and again constantly posts and I will donate €10 per post to charity. It does not happen you bullshitting muppet. If it is constant then charity will do well. Provide proof. I have rarely had popshots at you. Its laughable how much of a precious little pussy you are.

I will apologise for being a prick in my most recent post. I should know better.

I am sorry.

Good luck with your camera work, you are decent at that.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                        FYP for everyone outside the pale.
                                                                                                                        It is implicit that my posts are intended purely for people within the Pale. I would no more translate any of my posts into "Oink Oink Oink!" for a common pig than I would consider the thoughts, feelings, and circumstances of you reaver type people living beyond the forbidden zone.

Frankly I think there should be some form of Internet segregation so I don't have to read the slobbering inanities of the fat two finger typed postings of you fearfully plain country folks. "Oh look, another cow, let's drink 10 pints and drive home and force ourselves on our children." Enough's enough!

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                                          You talk some shite. Constantly... How precious of you. Quote all these every now and again constantly posts and I will donate €10 per post to charity. It does not happen you bullshitting muppet. If it is constant then charity will do well. Provide proof. I have rarely had popshots at you. Its laughable how much of a precious little pussy you are.

I will apologise for being a prick in my most recent post. I should know better.

I am sorry.

Good luck with your camera work, you are decent at that.
                                                                                                                          Fairly sure this post just cost you €10.

Also, got suckered into thinking you were Luckylloyd just there due to sleep deprivation.

edit: balls, rustled

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X