Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuck I hate politics up here... Nationalists in uproar over Gregory Campbell "Curry my Yoghurt" mocking of Irish language and then Gerry calling 'them?' bastards tonight (MONDAY) in a meeting in Enniskillen getting 'other side' on their high horse. This from parties supposed to be in talks, moving forward etc etc

Report here: http://www.impartialreporter.com/news/roundup/articles/2014/11/24/407212-gerry-adams-on-bigotry-in-unionism-the-point-is-to-break-these-brds/

If I could I would get the fuck outta here ...............

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
      Fuck I hate politics up here... Nationalists in uproar over Gregory Campbell "Curry my Yoghurt" mocking of Irish language and then Gerry calling 'them?' bastards tonight (MONDAY) in a meeting in Enniskillen getting 'other side' on their high horse. This from parties supposed to be in talks, moving forward etc etc

Report here: http://www.impartialreporter.com/news/roundup/articles/2014/11/24/407212-gerry-adams-on-bigotry-in-unionism-the-point-is-to-break-these-brds/

If I could I would get the fuck outta here ...............
      To be fair, the comment was completely out of line. An MLA mocking something like the irish language when addressing the assembly is disgraceful. And with a quick look around to make sure he buddies are laughing, it just highlights the childishness here. I know shit happens when people are stressed and wound up. But he then decided to revist the quip a month or so later, pulling out a tub of yogurt as he did so. Calling it ignorance is selling it short, as he's fully aware of the relevance to current issues.
      The threat he received was a bad thing politically, as it allows him to come back with such nonsense as “"I will not be apologising for, or deviating from doing the right thing". Seriously? Mocking the Irish language is the right thing?
      As one Twitter commentator said, there'd be outcry and calls for resignation if an English MP brazenly mocked Welsh speakers.
      Last edited by Mellor; 25-11-14, 06:02.

Comment

I do believe it was an agenda as I cant believe anyone is that stupid. What the agenda is I have no idea. Was it to make sure talks collapse or that it was a pre election stunt to show the 'unionists' to not worry that they ( The DUP) have their case!?

I just find it sad and sickening that after so much loss of life ppl can still make comments ( from both sides ) which lack common sense and will encourage the extremists to react.

tooo drunk to formulate a sensible post here which sorta shows them 'politicians' up insomuch a bollocks like myself knows when to shut the fuck up................

HIC

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
          I do believe it was an agenda as I cant believe anyone is that stupid. What the agenda is I have no idea.
          The DUP are opposing SF Irish Language Act. That's it really. Nothing more than a extremely poor appeal to ridicule.

Comment

Re: the nest thermostat...

Amazon have something very similar looking in today's lightning deals starting at 9:19 this morning (limited availability on lightning deals)

May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
              Which bin company did you go with? Probably not the cheapest, but Panda allowing you put glass in the recycling bin is a huge plus imo.
              City Bin. €170 for all 3 bins for the year with no weight restrictions. Probably save 100+ given the capacity of our household to generate refuse.

No glass though which is a pain as you say.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Fuck this cold weather, I want back to Indonesia.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                  How was it, tell us more.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                    Is it worth getting a Philips wake-up lamp?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EO4MDV...rd_p=560112967
                    I have the old version and I like it a lot. It's redundant with children though obv. The colour of light off it is very nice though and you can adjust the brightness when using it as a lamp.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                      How was it, tell us more.
                      Class. Went way out of season so there wasn't an awful lot of people there. Which was great, because on holidays, I hate other people.

Did a lot of sitting by the pool/beach drinking Bintangs/Mojitos and reading.

30degrees minimum most days. Sat in a beach hut during a thunderstorm which was pretty great. Always thought snorkelling was bound to be gash, but that's just cause the concept of thousands of fish 20 inches below the surface is so foreign to us. Did that and got burnt to fuck though.
                      Swam alongside a turtle for a bit which was amazing enough.

Hung out at the active Volcano, went to a load of Hindu temples (my ignorance was astounding).

Only one semi-incident, which was a guy trying to pull my phone from my pocket while offering me amphetamines. He was rubbish at it though, so just told him to fuck off and he pottered off.

It was my birthday when I was there, my girlfriend told the hotel, and 3 random guys came into my room while I was half naked, sang happy birthday to me, gave me a cake and wished me happy birthday and shook my hands. Was truly bizarre but hilarious.

Ate some great stuff.

The pace of life over there was spectacularly perfect for a holiday. If you had to work there, after years of living in Dublin/London/Any City, you'd probably go mental because there is no concept of hurrying or rushing.

Highly recommending the winter holidays now. Why do we leave our home when the weather is decent for a change? Why not do it when the weather is shite and there's 30+ available elsewhere.

Also, for anyone who's spent any time in "The East", why on earth have we not adopted the Bum Gun? It's a far, far, far better system surely? From a hygiene & eco perspective in any case. If you got dog shit on your arm, would wiping it with a piece of kitchen roll suffice in cleaning it off? Fuck no.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Last edited by Emmet; 25-11-14, 09:46.

Comment

Highly recommending the winter holidays now. Why do we leave our home when the weather is decent for a change?
                        Being tied to school holidays for all time is cruel

Also, for anyone who's spent any time in "The East", why on earth have we not adopted the Bum Gun? It's a far, far, far better system surely?

BumGun as a loose hose is a disaster (always results in walls resembling the Hblocks) but built into a normal jacks is the greatest invention ever.
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

deals on amazon pretty lame today

Comment

Definitely worth it, I wake up so well with them, it makes an unreal difference. I just naturally wake up and my eyes feel like I've been awake ages, instead of sore. I image they are burning ginseng inside of it.

I have this one http://www.boots.ie/en/Lumie-Bodyclo...e-250_1133457/
                            Bought 3 of them on sale, and all users are loving them.

Go for it.

Comment

Anyone with kids into minecraft. I just booked this for Mia for a xmas pressie. She will be thrilled!

Galway 7th is sold out but there is still over 200 tickets left for the 25th. Other locations around Ireland too but think they are sold out.
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

Class. Went way out of season so there wasn't an awful lot of people there. Which was great, because on holidays, I hate other people.

Did a lot of sitting by the pool/beach drinking Bintangs/Mojitos and reading.

30degrees minimum most days. Sat in a beach hut during a thunderstorm which was pretty great. Always thought snorkelling was bound to be gash, but that's just cause the concept of thousands of fish 20 inches below the surface is so foreign to us. Did that and got burnt to fuck though.
                                Swam alongside a turtle for a bit which was amazing enough.

Hung out at the active Volcano, went to a load of Hindu temples (my ignorance was astounding).

Only one semi-incident, which was a guy trying to pull my phone from my pocket while offering me amphetamines. He was rubbish at it though, so just told him to fuck off and he pottered off.

It was my birthday when I was there, my girlfriend told the hotel, and 3 random guys came into my room while I was half naked, sang happy birthday to me, gave me a cake and wished me happy birthday and shook my hands. Was truly bizarre but hilarious.

Ate some great stuff.

The pace of life over there was spectacularly perfect for a holiday. If you had to work there, after years of living in Dublin/London/Any City, you'd probably go mental because there is no concept of hurrying or rushing.

Highly recommending the winter holidays now. Why do we leave our home when the weather is decent for a change? Why not do it when the weather is shite and there's 30+ available elsewhere.

Also, for anyone who's spent any time in "The East", why on earth have we not adopted the Bum Gun? It's a far, far, far better system surely? From a hygiene & eco perspective in any case. If you got dog shit on your arm, would wiping it with a piece of kitchen roll suffice in cleaning it off? Fuck no.

http://imgur.com/lqyzxu8
                                Excellent.

Bintang is a very nice beer, either that or you just adapt to it very easy. Surely you bought a singlet or two?
                                Bum Gun couldnt agree more have been glorifying that for years. I plan on having one at some stage.
                                Where abouts did you stay? Assume you avoided Kuta?

Comment

One plus invite if anyone wants one.

Comment

Sigh, IT guy in work just snapped my ~€350 no longer in production headphones. He offered to replace them but I'd feel like a bit of a dick looking for that. Sigh.

Comment

Sigh, IT guy in work just snapped my ~€350 no longer in production headphones. He offered to replace them but I'd feel like a bit of a dick looking for that. Sigh.
                                      You break em you buy em IMO. Even more true for pricey items.

Edit: they might be repairable. Worth contacting the manufacturer's support line.
                                      Last edited by bp_me; 25-11-14, 11:24.
                                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Amazon had a special offer on books yesterday 3 for £10 with free delivery so I got some for Mia. I ordered them at 12 noon yesterday and got a text from parcel motel at midnight last night that had arrived. Now that is a fast service!
                                        Her sky-ness
                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                          Amazon had a special offer on books yesterday 3 for £10 with free delivery so I got some for Mia. I ordered them at 12 noon yesterday and got a text from parcel motel at midnight last night that had arrived. Now that is a fast service!
                                          Bizness lesson of the day:
                                          What you save in tax you can spend on stamps

Comment

Straight up tell the boy

Comment

the wife has one only used it a few times, its never used now!!! and it cost me €125 at the time

Comment

I've one of those Philips wake up alarms. It helps, now I only need that and about four alarms on my phone to wake me up in the morning, which is a huge improvement!

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                  I've one of those Philips wake up alarms. It helps, now I only need that and about four alarms on my phone to wake me up in the morning, which is a huge improvement!
                                                  Three year olds are also highly efficient alarm systems. I can sell you one, cheap.
                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

missed this

The missus has recently put up "the winter curtains" which means the room is pitch black every morning.
                                                    Was hoping to get one of these to help get up in the morning
                                                    Last edited by DeadParrot; 25-11-14, 13:45.
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                      5star, tdurden,

Planning on hitting Vegas for 2 nights this weekend coming... Any recommendations 're shows/attactions and touristy stuff? Haven't been there before so would appreciate advise on the must do...
                                                      Pretty much what AJ said just ramble around and see a few bits, as for shows if you're going to see any I'd highly recommend Michael Jacksons One at Mandalay Bay it was incredible. Not afraid of heights or in any way claustrophobic maybe you could also hit up the High Roller just off the strip across the Caesars Palace, always thought that was pretty cool looking.
                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

wifi kettles and wake up lamps.....

Man the fuck up IPB.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post

Man the fuck up IPB.
                                                          Not getting off your arse to boil the kettle is pretty manly imo
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                            Unless the kettle delivers the tea with the biscuits then waste imo

Get married, that'll solve that problem

SPOILER
                                                            Hopefull the wife doesn't read this

Comment

I know you wifi kettle enthusiasts are feeling pretty excited, but I have terrible news for you regarding their effectiveness:

SPOILER
                                                              You still have to fill the kettle
                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Just asked the manager of a Witherspoon's for a hot port, didn't know how to make it!

Couldn't be arsed telling him

Off to buy a bottle of port!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                  I know you wifi kettle enthusiasts are feeling pretty excited, but I have terrible news for you regarding their effectiveness:

SPOILER
                                                                  You still have to fill the kettle
                                                                  So after you fill it, stick the switch on before you sit down and that's the job done. No need to fancy £129 kettles!

I only ever boil a kettle once. Fresh water each time, because my parents always boiled the kettle 3/4 times and tea just tasted stale half the time.

Comment

Anyone with kids into minecraft. I just booked this for Mia for a xmas pressie. She will be thrilled!

Galway 7th is sold out but there is still over 200 tickets left for the 25th. Other locations around Ireland too but think they are sold out.
                                                                    Page not found

Lewis is not impressed with Minecraft since MS took over. He has almost stopped playing it. Aimee on the other hand is really getting into it!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                      I only ever boil a kettle once. Fresh water each time, because my parents always boiled the kettle 3/4 times and tea just tasted stale half the time.
                                                                      Have heard fierce debate about this.
                                                                      Would be interested in what the Science nerds here say about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                        The Water Charges will soon put an end to that non-eco friendly habit!

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                          I think this is something to do with hard water areas and the amount of solids that dissolve in the water the more you boil it.

There's a thing about deoxygenating the water as well but I think that's spoof.

Comment

Is legit. To do with oxygenation.
                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

That fool Delaney from the FAI was denying that it was him 'singing' that awful Wolfe Tones dirge and now he's apologised for it

What a fucking moron

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                Page not found

Lewis is not impressed with Minecraft since MS took over. He has almost stopped playing it. Aimee on the other hand is really getting into it!

upcoming events
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                  That fool Delaney from the FAI was denying that it was him 'singing' that awful Wolfe Tones dirge and now he's apologised for it
                                                                                  Aye, at least 'Come out ye Black and Tans' or 'Men behind the Wire' have a bit of a funky beat to them. Bad choice.

Comment

Kids going to the Galway one on the 7th. Very sceptical about it. Be prepared to queue for hours.

Bit I really don't like:
                                                                                    You will get to meet and greet your favourite YouTubers and have your photo taken in our MineVention Photobooth!
                                                                                    Will you have to pay for photos?

Not too keen on wording here either:
                                                                                    If you are under 14, you must have a paying parent or guardian with you. No exceptions.

No real details on what is happening on the day. Guy could sell out all shows before Galway event and do a bunk.

I paid for borther and his young lad to go...... so he would bring my two. Happy days. Will let you know how they get on.
                                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

hmm knew it was too good to be true

A black coat from tk maxx addressed to a Mrs R Gavigan lol

Not mine!

I called them to explain and they gave me credit of 3.50 and a courier is calling for it tomorrow
                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                        Kids going to the Galway one on the 7th. Very sceptical about it. Be prepared to queue for hours.

Bit I really don't like:
                                                                                        You will get to meet and greet your favourite YouTubers and have your photo taken in our MineVention Photobooth!
                                                                                        Will you have to pay for photos?

Not too keen on wording here either:
                                                                                        If you are under 14, you must have a paying parent or guardian with you. No exceptions.

No real details on what is happening on the day. Guy could sell out all shows before Galway event and do a bunk.

I paid for borther and his young lad to go...... so he would bring my two. Happy days. Will let you know how they get on.
                                                                                        Yeah I agree with you on some points , merchandise could be costly in there too but as far as I know it wont be packed as there was only a few hundred tickets sold for each event. have a listen to Ryan Tubberidy here, ff to around 50 mins

really hope Mia doesnt get too excited and get mixed up with this!

Her sky-ness
                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Yeah I agree with you on some points , merchandise could be costly in there too but as far as I know it wont be packed as there was only a few hundred tickets sold for each event. have a listen to Ryan Tubberidy here, ff to around 50 mins

http://www.mineconiw.com/what-is-minecon
                                                                                          1500 people queuing to meet DanTDM. Hummmmm........

Went to Insomnia52 with the young lad during the summer in Coventry. That was very good.

Join the UK's biggest gaming festival, Insomnia! Experience esports, LAN, stage shows, cosplay, and more in a vibrant gaming community. Book tickets now!
                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

http://www.mineconiw.com/what-is-minecon
                                                                                            Have a look around this page and you might pick up something extra for her.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Just used Uber for the 1st time. Very impressive app.
                                                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

How do all the various hailo and uber rates compare to standard taxi fares?
                                                                                                Last edited by Denny Crane; 25-11-14, 17:53.

Comment

How do all the various halio and uber rates compare to standard taxi fares?
                                                                                                  There's no hailo rate. They just take a cut of the standard taxi fare. Uber is different not sure how rates compare
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post

Man the fuck up IPB.
                                                                                                    Dog up soon
                                                                                                    cannot get more manly than that
                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Hailo is the same as standard. Think uber is a bit cheaper.
                                                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                        Dog up soon
                                                                                                        cannot get more manly than that
                                                                                                        http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...rd_p=560262147
                                                                                                        Looks a little bit like one of my Dogs. I shouldn't buy it should I?

Comment

Aye, at least 'Come out ye Black and Tans' or 'Men behind the Wire' have a bit of a funky beat to them. Bad choice.
                                                                                                          After years of being a poison to Irish football wouldn't it be grand if this cost him his job!?

As an added bonus, all the Celtic shirt wearing fucks, who go to Ireland games and drink free booze with him in forgieeenn pub while an Irish club were going out of business, will be pissed off as well

Comment

There's no hailo rate. They just take a cut of the standard taxi fare. Uber is different not sure how rates compare
                                                                                                            There's different levels of halio though, and possibly no pick-up charge no? Never checked. Haven't used Uber in Ireland yet, but just presume it's slightly more expensive.

Comment

When you boil water a certain amount of the H2O molecules escape the liquid as steam, meaning that what's left behind is a little bit more mineral rich (sodium, potassium, calcium based compounds) than what came out of the tap. When you boil it again then it's going to be more mineral rich again.
                                                                                                              The more times you boil the same water the lower the actual H2O content of what's left behind. This won't happen if you start with de-ionised water as its pure H2O.

Edit: The H2O bonds aren't broken during boiling so not sure what the 'oxygenation' stuff is referring to. Any dissolved oxygen that evaporates when you heat the water will condense again when it cools.
                                                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 25-11-14, 17:21.

Comment

Delaneys a good lad, as long as he sticks to his guns on Dalymount..

Comment

Different pricing methods, but I guess Uber is cheap if you're moving?

SPOILER

uberX
                                                                                                                  BASE FARE €3.00 €0.33 PER MINUTE €0.52 PER KILOMETER
                                                                                                                  MIN FARE€5.00
                                                                                                                  CANCELLATION FEE €5.00
                                                                                                                  uberBlack

BASE FARE €6.00 €0.65 PER MINUTE €1.25 PER KILOMETER
                                                                                                                  MIN FARE€15.00
                                                                                                                  CANCELLATION FEE €10.00

Last edited by Denny Crane; 25-11-14, 17:29.

Comment

Jurassic world trailer, chris platt better say "clever girl"

Jurassic World - Official Trailer (HD)The Park is Open - June 12http://www.jurassicworldmovie.com/Steven Spielberg returns to executive produce the long-awai...

Comment

Missing the awesomeness of the first one no doubt

To contact me, send an email to mrtabarnaco2@hotmail.comSong made by FLIPSH0T, Video made by MrTabarnaco2. Follow him on SoundCloud : https://soundcloud.com/...

Comment

Just got a promo mail from Uber detailing how their UberX service (the base level within the app, standard taxi) is 10% cheaper than hailing a taxi on the street. Gave examples of different fares in Dublin compared. Uber is fantastic service, and the option to select different levels of car is nice, especially when abroad. I don't think Hailo is competing at all and is struggling.

Being able to use it in pretty much any big city now and just have your account charged at home is so handy. They've introduced some innovative things like syncing your account with your Spotify account so you can control the music in the car.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X