X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Hmmm 13 countries in three continents (esp considering GB) seems depressingly low, must do more city breaks and branch out from going to the US for holidays. Another reason to regret not getting a job with optiver in Holland, would have had no excuses not to get on the train to somewhere new every weekend.
      Last edited by Denny Crane; 16-11-14, 23:06.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
        I think I'm going to emigrate for 2016, the bullshit is just going to be too much.
        Normally I'm all for preservation of historical sites but I can't get behind the movement for protecting Moore Street at all.

Comment

Can anyone explain the politics behind Obama trying to push through his immigration bill? Does he actually want to try and do something good or am I missing the political motives. Even in the more liberal parts of American like Oregon where weed was recently legalised they had a recent vote whether to allow illegals to hold driving licences which was defeated with 66%. Public support isn't behind him, the house isn't obviously and it looks like another shutdown could be a real possibility. Why is pushing forward with this so forcefully?

Opr

Comment

Comment

8/8 is the best anyone can do m8

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
              Would people count a brief stop off at an airport as having visited a country?
              Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
              Nah, you'd need a couple hours trip to nearest city to qualify imo
              Depends how long you spend in the airport. Airport hours are like dog years. I spent 12 hours in T2 in Berlin, which means I really spent 3.5 days, without being able to sleep.

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              They should buy our software!

Puts me on tilt that BoI ATM's by default ask you if you want to use a fucking language that there is not a single person on the planet would need to use but they will still present you with fast cash options that cannot be dispensed because there are no twenties in the machine. This is basic stuff that could be solved with five lines of code and a time cost of <100 milliseconds. Grrrrrrrrrr!

Some of the old AIB ATM's appear to be still running OS/2 though tat this stage that is probably an OS/2 emulator running on WinXP

Its shockingly bad but they see no margin in improving the experience for us punters
              I'm gunna pop in and let them know, give me a few of your cards to hand out.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              The kid ended up doing the 100 piece 6+ (HH bolds with gushing oxfordian pride) jigsaw, but it ended up taking her an hour. Actually a proper level of frustration on her part at times while she was doing it, so it might be the limit of her current abilities. She did it again a bit later in way less time, but I'd say the first test was more accurate as there was less memory at play.

Reasonably day's rewards for the €50 spent on jigsaws though at the expense of actually being able to buy food for the rest of the month.

Couldn't remember though whether to congratulate her or not due to Hotspurs post which I didn't quite understand but which seemed to be making a point one way or the other. So we just gave each other a limp high-five.
              Set her up on Grafton street, it's time she started to earn her keep. Watching her complete a 100 piece jigsaw would be oodles more entertaining than that guy who just sets up the same dog made of sand every morning, I have no doubt he has some sort of dog shaped sand bucket. He does that before dawn and then just sits there retouching it slightly. That said, I don't know what his hourly is.
              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Can any of the brains of used car selling throw their eyes over this and tell me if I'm asking too much? Did a little bit of research on donedeal and carzone and priced it about average but haven't had any biters yet. Only posted it a few hours ago so maybe I'm being a bit presumptious.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I personally think he is driven by personal conviction.
                  Latinos vote Democrat overwhelmingly. There's a demographics war between the two US parties and Latinos are the big prize.

It's a Democratic priority. Republicans tried to steal the issue when Bush was President but it didn't work
                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post

Set her up on Grafton street, it's time she started to earn her keep. Watching her complete a 100 piece jigsaw would be oodles more entertaining than that guy who just sets up the same dog made of sand every morning, I have no doubt he has some sort of dog shaped sand bucket. He does that before dawn and then just sits there retouching it slightly. That said, I don't know what his hourly is.
                    lol yeah, wtf is that sand dog all about?

I was on Grafton st yesterday, sand dog was there but what I found fascinating was a huge crowd was gathered around those five black painted lads with the masks and the fake dog. They normally only get one or two punters but this time a huge crowd was around them. I couldn't get my head around it, they were just doing their usual thing of just sitting there.

I'd understand it if they brokedance or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                      Can any of the brains of used car selling throw their eyes over this and tell me if I'm asking too much? Did a little bit of research on donedeal and carzone and priced it about average but haven't had any biters yet. Only posted it a few hours ago so maybe I'm being a bit presumptious.

http://www.adverts.ie/car/bmw/3-seri...ed-nct/6870527
                      Estates are incredibly unpopular in Ireland for some reason, but the new NCT is a big plus. Asking price may be a couple of hundred too high but I wouldn't have thought any more than that. Pop over to the boards.ie motor forum, they're pretty knowledgeable and accomodating to these types of queries.

Comment

Comment

Comment

How much do you actually want? Don't have to answer that. Maybe the car market on adverts is different but expect ridiculous lowballing.

It's only up seven hours on a Sunday. The tyre kickers will go looking for new cars when they get to work tomorrow.

Want me to ask any questions on it?
                            Would you consider photoshopping a scantily dressed lady laying over the bonnet into the pics

Don't 80% of latinos vote dem anyway, and none of these new people will be allowed to vote - they'll only be allowed to not be deported

Comment

How much do you actually want? Don't have to answer that. Maybe the car market on adverts is different but expect ridiculous lowballing.

It's only up seven hours on a Sunday. The tyre kickers will go looking for new cars when they get to work tomorrow.

Want me to ask any questions on it?
                              Would you consider photoshopping a scantily dressed lady laying over the bonnet into the pics
                              Maybe a scantily clad oul wan. That would get their attention.

Comment

Does this show? It doesn't for me. It's an attempt to show Lily (daughter) at jigsaws (despite her early in the video denial).

My god it does, and that's such an awful voiceover on my part. Its surely not that bad irl?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKNXXNTjgrM
                                Sorta threw you under the bus there m8, sez ye made the jigsaws.
                                Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 17-11-14, 21:48.

Comment

Don't 80% of latinos vote dem anyway, and none of these new people will be allowed to vote - they'll only be allowed to not be deported
                                  It's a staged process. Besides: their kids can vote as US citizens.

Immigration reform is to Democrats in terms of long term voting patterns as Voter ID laws are to Republicans.
                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 17-11-14, 00:28.

Comment

Does this show? It doesn't for me. It's an attempt to show Lily (daughter) at jigsaws (despite her early in the video denial).

My god it does, and that's such an awful voiceover on my part. Its surely not that bad irl?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKNXXNTjgrM
                                      Your voiceover is a high pitched version of your TV voice. Have not met you in person so cannot base it on anything else. Maybe it is the difference between being excited at your little one doing the Jigsaws and shitting yourself on Vincent Brown.
                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

lol yeah, wtf is that sand dog all about?

I was on Grafton st yesterday, sand dog was there but what I found fascinating was a huge crowd was gathered around those five black painted lads with the masks and the fake dog. They normally only get one or two punters but this time a huge crowd was around them. I couldn't get my head around it, they were just doing their usual thing of just sitting there.

I'd understand it if they brokedance or something.
                                        The spiderman on Henry Street must be the nut worst street entertainer.

Comment

Comment

she really did make them! I tried to clarify this in my voiceover. We didn't even help her, but she's a kid too young to know better. She just insisted we watch her while she made the jigsaw. Apparently that counts as (emotional) help.

Think wot she is saying is, yes I am ahead of the curve, yes I may be the future of jigsaw puzzle making mommy and daddy but, don't let the cat out of the bag mates, don't want the spotlight just yet innit.

Comment

so what you're saying is that either way its a shite voice? I kinda accept that to be honest! ffs.
                                              Very few people like the sound of their own voice.

Comment

Comment

Am I being complimented or missing the point? Sure it tis relevant if the former.
                                                  Sadly I am away to bed now for a 6:00am start.

See some of ye bright and early for The Breakfast Club

#tgim

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                    The spiderman on Henry Street must be the nut worst street entertainer.
                                                    His stock is up 500% since the youtube recorded row he got into? Gives me a laugh in itself every time I pass him.

On that, who is up for a good mascot brawl in town some day? We both get a cool large mascot costume, keep it secret as to what it is and set a location - vague enough (like a street). Whoever manages to first gets to tackle the other, then beat the crap out of one another. Need one or more people video tapping it via smart phones.

Comment

Am I being complimented or missing the point? Sure it tis relevant if the former.
                                                      Sadly I am away to bed now for a 6:00am start.

See some of ye bright and early for The Breakfast Club

#tgim
                                                      I'm off to bed too. Hopefully not a 6am start but not always my choice.
                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

His stock is up 500% since the youtube recorded row he got into? Gives me a laugh in itself every time I pass him.

On that, who is up for a good mascot brawl in town some day? We both get a cool large mascot costume, keep it secret as to what it is and set a location - vague enough (like a street). Whoever manages to first gets to tackle the other, then beat the crap out of one another. Need one or more people video tapping it via smart phones.
                                                        I could not be more in.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                          Ugh...stupid wife no longer drinking wine...whole dinner bottle to myself...it's just that little bit too much for a Sunday.
                                                          Go pro and get yourself one of these

Works a treat and the wine last for ages(/ever) once you get the air out

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                            Go pro and get yourself one of these

Works a treat and the wine last for ages(/ever) once you get the air out
                                                            Or, you know, man up and finish the bottle.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                  Or, you know, man up and finish the bottle.
                                                                  Na; impress the missus with your restraint by having 5-6 opened bottles on the go

Comment

Stephens Green!

Pile in through every gate and meet in the middle

Comment

Do stuff like this

Dom Joly pranks the nation in Trigger Happy TV. The giant dalmation is assaulted with a flower pot by the huge hound...Watch full Trigger Happy TV episodes o...

Comment

since it has 115 k on it and a timing belt needs to be done every 60k you should mention if it was done,of course that engine might have a timing chain either price doesnt seem mental give it at least a week or two

Comment

Really says something about the decline of poker when the most hotly discussed figures on IPB aren't bb per 100h but rather our kids age/jigsaw-completion ratios.

Comment

Morning winners.

#tgim

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful" Speech by Eric Thomas (AKA ET The Hip Hop Preacher).Inspirational video f...

Comment

JFK is primarily the civil rights act
                                                                              Wrong Prez m8
                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

If I have learned anything from the last month, it's that you can have the coolest umbrella in the world but it's no help when the rain is coming in sideways.

(May or may not be a metaphor)
                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Rain being the new term for lady parts.

Comment

It being a BMW estate means you are looking for a practical customer. It would be much easier to sell if it was a saloon or even better, a coupe.
                                                                                    The problem is it's not a practical car from the running costs point of view. It is a nice car though so it will sell but it will probably take a bit of time.
                                                                                    I would put it on done deal and carzone and be willing to take calls. I wouldn't rate adverts.ie as a means of selling cars, not quickly anyway.
                                                                                    Usually when someone is in the market for a car they want to set up viewing's as early as possible and the best way of doing that is to call the owner.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

College is really boring, nothing is happening.
                                                                                          Apart from the stuff I am meant to be doing.

Probably don't want to lose them though.

Comment

...

Comment

...pissing myself Laughing watching sky news, Bob Geldof was doing a live interview...
                                                                                              ...Reporter: what's your opinion on singers not paying taxes correctly that could go towards Ebola...
                                                                                              ...Geldof: Bollox!!...
                                                                                              ...Reporter: asks another question and says please use less colourful language...
                                                                                              ..Geldof: That's a load of Bollox...

Comment

Dolores either needs a serious dollop of help or better friends who won't write articles like this about her
                                                                                                She needs both.
                                                                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Done the Hitchesque thing and shopped around for better utility prices, was just messing around on the UPC website the other day night and see they've a bunch of new features and upgrades, upload speed has now increased to 20meg down which is slowly getting there compared to their 200meg down, also didn't know I could watch stuff through my phone/tablet from the tv service doesn't seem as good as SkyGo but it's good plus you can now make calls through your phone from the home line which I think is pretty cool.

When signing up to the new broadband service a couple years back it was cheaper if you also took on the phone line but I've never used, looking at the Eircom bill that came in the other week works out roughly €80ish (every two months) for a service that isn't used too much in our house, phone calls were roughly a fiver with the rest of the bill in line rental/vat/phone package etc just switched to UPC and got free local/national/mobile calls & 400 international minutes for €5 extra a month, Eircom you are now dumped.
                                                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

"Justin Bieber paid an unexpected visit to the Pittsburgh Steelers’ bible study on Saturday night"

An actual news story. Wow, hard to work out what is most baffling about that story.
                                                                                                    The follow up story was better that his visit 'cursed' the steelers and that's why they lost to a terrible team following great performances the previous 2 weeks.

Comment

Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

...

Comment

19,999

Comment

So when Dom brought up that I was approaching 20,000 posts wasn't really sure what to do with it/for it, do I hit up the old gifs of girl with big boobs bopping around in car or classics like blue dress girl???

20,000 posts is a fucking lot but they aren't all full on words of wisdom or insights into the psyche of what's going on in our world I'd always leave that to people a lot wiser & more informed than myself while trying to pick them up as I went along, but thinking about always posting here & there with stuff about this & that all over the site, bar maybe the first BBV don't think I've been in the top 10 posters of them. Subsequently went from being a lowly poster > to mod > to bigwig admin & keys to the castle.

With all that in mind thought it would be good to go back to when I first started popping up around poker in Ireland and what better way to do that than hit up the first post ever made in the old place, coincidently it's 8 years to the day since first making that post so HERE it is in all it's glorious text speak was fun reading back over it with some input from a few regular posters and some names that are recognisable but don't remember who they are now, to my first post made HERE on IPB, next up is being made a mod HERE & then being handed the keys to the castle HERE

It's been a good time for me with regards poker and it's lead me to a job that I really enjoy and giving me crazy opportunity's to do stuff that never thought would happen & see places that might never have seen otherwise, long may it continue.....

Comment

Is it true you can read other peoples PMs once you hit 20k posts?

Comment

...

Comment

20k Posts, can't stop now Danny

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                                                                    Technically any of us admins are able to do it, but I'd be amazed if any other than me know how to. I think your inner ravings are generally safe though.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                                                                      You can read other peoples pm's at zero posts. Just gotta know how.

Comment

...

Comment

Wtf Danny, no titties.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X