X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Don't know about ribs but 777 is casual, liquored up friendly and beside the long haul which is a great pub for a few scoops.

Comment

Ely is fantastic
        airport, lol

Comment

Out of interest rdIII were a you the best man at the wedding. Just interested to see if the best man organises the stag, pays the band on the day and the job ends when he books the table for the divorce party.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
            Luigi Malones and get the ribs. Bison is a disappointment.
            Was wondering if I was the only one to think that.

Comment

Luigi Malones and get the ribs. Bison is a disappointment.
              ...1000% this...the ribs in this place are fucking sexy...

Comment

Does the ilac centre still exist?
                Is the "La Croissanterie" place opposite the lifts near Dunnes still there? If not, was there one elsewhere.
                What's the current must have foodie spot in dublin? Recommend a day-trip/tour/something to do for a couple who've already done the Storehouse and the Jameson tour.

Thanks for assisting the geographically disabled

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                  The Newsroom smashed it in the first episode of the new season
                  Giving season 1 a run through again before diving into season 3.
                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Gonna miss it when its gone

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      They don't take reservations, reveals some committed googling. Neither do Pitt Bros. I need to book somewhere casual along those lines for about 12, divorce party and they will be well boozed-up in advance. Serjestions please.
                      I was in Dakota with a group recently, nothing outstanding, but casual handy location, they take bookings, and they could easily accommodate that number of inebriated guests.
                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 12-11-14, 00:30.

Comment

Comment

Nice one, loved some episodes of the previous series

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                            Newsroom is worth a go? Thought it started shite so never watched it after that - is the idea to skip the first season?

I dont think its one of them kinda of series, generally if you thought the first one was shite, you will more than likely feel the same about the rest.

Sorkin writing is a bit cheesy at times but apparently I kinda like that kind of stuff

Comment

Newsroom is worth a go? Thought it started shite so never watched it after that - is the idea to skip the first season?

Loving these graphic novels btw. Its a way better idea than last weeks plan to build a PC, the previous weeks plan to network more effectively, and the previous weeks plan to go paleo.
                              Sounds about right for my months planning as well.
                              The one floating around my brain at the moment is to buy an old car and restore it as I'm on a watching Wheeler Dealer buzz again at the moment.
                              Problem one is my garage is full to the brim with garden furniture etc at the moment as it's winter.
                              Problem two is that all of my knowledge of cars come from Aforementioned show along with Top gear.
                              Problem three is I don't own any tools.

Will have to get a new hare-brained plan in the next couple of days before I end up with a pile of scrap at the side of the house.
                              Did see an interesting looking Lego(Batman Arkham Asylum)set in Smyths the other day which could easily be thrown in the bin when it doesn't work out so might have to go with that.

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                I dont think its one of them kinda of series, generally if you thought the first one was shite, you will more than likely feel the same about the rest.

Sorkin writing is a bit cheesy at times but apparently I kinda like that kind of stuff
                                I'm a sucker for sorkin
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I found the first two episodes nauseating and stopped watching it, and from the later snippets I've seen I think it carries on along the same lines.
                                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 12-11-14, 00:29.

Comment

Comment

This shake cage poker show on channel 4 atm is ludicrous.

Opr

Comment

Emailing someone about the death of their father. Is this far too limited? Really can't think of what else to say. Is there maybe something else standard to include? (phone call wouldn't be appropriate at the moment)

SPOILER
                                        I hope yourself and your family are coping well with the very sad news. I'll catch up with you when you next get in, and wish you the very best in the meantime.

Edit: didn't know his father, so have nothing i can say about that
                                        Perhaps just me but tone seems off. Wouldn't wish them the very best, that sounds like he's going off for a new job in a foreign country, the word "well" seems inappropriate in the context too imo, I'd swap coping well with bearing up.

Kayroo's your man though.
                                        "Hi [Insert name here],

I was really sorry when I heard about your father. It can't be easy and while nothing I can say can offer any comfort to you please know that anything I can do or any way I can help with anything, be it in work or otherwise, please feel free to say the word.

If I don't have the chance to speak to you beforehand please know that my thoughts and the thoughts of my family are with you and yours. "
                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

mdoug
                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Can't make it official til you sign it m8

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                              Can't make it official til you sign it m8
                                              Originally posted by mdoug View Post

mdoug
                                              I'm done mate.
                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                I'm done mate.
                                                What's up doc?
                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Pourquoi Mr. Douglas?

Comment

Fleetwood mac off the cards, 280 quid for 2 Block M tickets in the presale, thats the top tier ffs.
                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Gonna have to pay it I think, not likely to see them doing many more tours. Same with ennio morricone, mental £££ but in a few years won't be a thought about a few quid.
                                                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Esports a few years ago:

Esports now:

Hopefully be attending some sweet sweet events in 2015, looks like one might be in Amsterdam.
                                                        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 12-11-14, 10:06.

Comment

Comment

You're not wrong.

^^^ nice read on experiential happiness and money
                                                            New branch of therapy right there:

"I'm not happy"
                                                            "Hmm, have you tried making over 100k?"

Comment

How does one get into the Pre sale if one doesn't have phone with 3?

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                How does one get into the Pre sale if one doesn't have phone with 3?
                                                                The presale is all gone for Fleetwood Mac. Never thought about signing up to that before, thanks. Could you just get a free 3 PAYG sim?
                                                                Last edited by Denny Crane; 12-11-14, 10:27.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                  Fleetwood mac off the cards, 280 quid for 2 Block M tickets in the presale, thats the top tier ffs.
                                                                  Went to see them in the O2 last year and wasn't blown away.
                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

You've got to go with the car!

(I'll get the Lego next week and tell you how it turns out)
                                                                    This is the one I want:

Was my first car back in 1996.
                                                                    Must be some nostalgia thing.
                                                                    Last edited by Cuchulainn1; 12-11-14, 10:29. Reason: pic won't show

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                      Went to see them in the O2 last year and wasn't blown away.
                                                                      I went to see them in Vegas and was blown away, I wasn't a particularly big fan before.

They played a 30 song set and were amazing.

Comment

I went to see them in Vegas and was blown away, I wasn't a particularly big fan before.

They played a 30 song set and were amazing.
                                                                        I love their music. Christine McVie was not there. (was she in vegas by any chance)

Highlight was Lyndsey's guitar solo for Big Love.

Thought the atmosphere was a bit flat.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xs8...ove-live_music
                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Comment

150 quid

Maybe if they time travelled you back to when Peter Green was at his peak and they were good.

This is top of my playlist at the moment
                                                                            SLABO DAY = So LABOured DAYPeter Green (born Peter Allen Greenbaum, 29 October 1946, in Bethnal Green, London) is a British blues-rock guitarist and founder ...
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                              Out of interest rdIII were a you the best man at the wedding. Just interested to see if the best man organises the stag, pays the band on the day and the job ends when he books the table for the divorce party.
                                                                              No. But then there was nobody at the wedding, bar the happy couple and a duly appointed official of the local government. Safe to say the groom was not aware he was getting hitched 24 hours prior.

Not a Vegas story btw^^.
                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

...

Comment

Targeted ads are getting a bit much; I googled the Canada Ireland game and now Facebook is offering me a Canadian visa.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                    I love their music. Christine McVie was not there. (was she in vegas by any chance)

Highlight was Lyndsey's guitar solo for Big Love.

Thought the atmosphere was a bit flat.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xs8...ove-live_music
                                                                                    She wasnt at the Vegas show, the atmosphere was electric. Also had managed to snag really good seats, I always think that makes a big difference to a gig.

The highlight was getting to within 3 yards of Katie Perry

Comment

She wasnt at the Vegas show, the atmosphere was electric. Also had managed to snag really good seats, I always think that makes a big difference to a gig.

Really enjoyed their show at the O2 last year but not enough to see them again so soon at those prices

Comment

I believe she doesn't like flying and doesn't do any gigs outside the UK.

Also disappointed at Fleetwood Mac as I chose it over Blur as a present. (had seen Blur 20 years ago in the RDS and loved them)

My sisters boss is a member of the Audi club and can get tickets for any gig in the point (pricey tickets though) so the tickets were great. Also went closer to the stage to see if it would be any better. Maybe it was time of the month.

Went to Cirque de Soleil Beatles love show in vegas which was off the charts. Also went to Lino Richie (trade off for playing poker) who was actually pretty entertaining.

Comment

On the gig chatter - think there's a few fans on here - Godspeed You Black Emperor are playing vicar street in april, tickets on sale on Friday

Comment

...

Comment

Think I'll have to watch all this spartacus show after playing the boardgame, which was pretty epic.
                                                                                              You get to give the thumb up/down and all. Had people cheering around the table to decide.

My first gladiator got decapitated and somebody had bet on that at 2/1, that bitch!

Comment

I think i got a book recommendation from here 4/5 years ago that was all about happiness. TLR of it was "More new experiences"
                                                                                                Got driving test soon after, visited random place i had never been before every Sunday. Stopped frittering money on crap and paid holiday deposits early in the year to have something to look forward too and motivate myself to get work done.
                                                                                                Made a point too of saying yes to stuff that i wouldnt normally go to, its the easiest path to do nothing, not bother going anywhere, not go for a walk up mountains and whine the whole time about life being shit. Its shit if you repeat the same day over and over.
                                                                                                Might be why time seemed longer when we were kids, every day brought new stuff and experiences, and we were totally immersed in them for every second. Nowadays there are tons of random thoughts flittering around in brain, "Always On" mentality, people recording concerts on phones instead of experiencing them first hand. I know a girl that was in Maldives on honeymoon and spent whole time on whatsapp to her mates, what she was drinking, eating. No need for a catch up when she got home, all the information had already been shared. she might as well have sat at home watching a DVD of the island and texted her mates from there.
                                                                                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                  i used to go to Luigi Malones for ribs all the time about 8 years ago - maybe I should give them another go?
                                                                                                  Meh it's not great but the ribs are still tasty (lots of paleo options actually) and a long table and a bunch of lads eating and drinking would enjoy it. The plus side is that it's in the middle of town for later on. Chai yo could potentially be a good shout as well but it's away from everything.
                                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Meh it's not great but the ribs are still tasty (lots of paleo options actually) and a long table and a bunch of lads eating and drinking would enjoy it. The plus side is that it's in the middle of town for later on. Chai yo could potentially be a good shout as well but it's away from everything.
                                                                                                    I let a little bit of bread sneak back into my diet and now I'm really struggling not to eat it all the time, fucking stuff is actually worse than heroin, and nicer than it too
                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Was there a few weeks ago and had the ribs, wasn't that impressed. Only reason we went was because my daughter has a 50% off card. Won't be going back anytime soon. Service was shite, left us sitting for ages before coming to even take a drinks order. This was after telling us that they wanted the table back in 2 hours.

Wish the bloody rain would stop so I can change my poxy flat tyre and get out of here.

Comment

I imagine Fleetwood will add another date or two either side of the existing one.

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                        Does the ilac centre still exist?
                                                                                                        Is the "La Croissanterie" place opposite the lifts near Dunnes still there? If not, was there one elsewhere.
                                                                                                        What's the current must have foodie spot in dublin? Recommend a day-trip/tour/something to do for a couple who've already done the Storehouse and the Jameson tour.

Thanks for assisting the geographically disabled

ILAC is there (or LILAC Center as teacher I had many moons ago used to constantly refer to it, he wasn't joking) is still there, not sure about La Croissanterie, even though I've been in the Ilac a pile of times.

Thought you were still in Aus? All the cool kids are chowing down at Pitt Bros. Visit the Christmas markets for lols.
                                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Man, I've never read so much on waste management. Think I'm about 2,000 pages deep in readings on the subject. 50,000 words (split 50:50 with another guy) to be written by November 28th. Zero words written so far.
                                                                                                              Give this a read Hitch

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                              Think I'll have to watch all this spartacus show after playing the boardgame, which was pretty epic.
                                                                                                              You get to give the thumb up/down and all. Had people cheering around the table to decide.

My first gladiator got decapitated and somebody had bet on that at 2/1, that bitch!
                                                                                                              Big fan of the show
                                                                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Man, I've never read so much on waste management. Think I'm about 2,000 pages deep in readings on the subject. 50,000 words (split 50:50 with another guy) to be written by November 28th. Zero words written so far.
                                                                                                                That leaves plenty of room to sneak in a reference

Comment

Party Poker confirms that it's in early talks about a possible sale. Some talk already that Amaya is the front runner.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                                    People who go through every fucking ring tone when looking for a new one, whilst on a bus, must die.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                      Party Poker confirms that it's in early talks about a possible sale. Some talk already that Amaya is the front runner.

Opr
                                                                                                                      I'd have thought that would struggle to get past the EU Monopolies Commission.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 12-11-14, 13:53.

Comment

It's weird how ungreen the greens are, it's essentially hippies not environmentalism.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X