• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stick a lid on it til Monday nerds.

Today is about sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      Wut? The government received 56% first preference votes, and enough subsequent preferences to take 78% of the total seats in a voting system that favours small parties. They were overwhelming voted into government.
      70% percent seems like a decent turnout also

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
        Stick a lid on it til Monday nerds.

Today is about sport.
        What a day of sport tbf. Soccer, rugby and darts.

Thoughts on the Chelsea match CHD?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
          Wut? The government received 56% first preference votes, and enough subsequent preferences to take 78% of the total seats in a voting system that favours small parties. They were overwhelming voted into government.
          Sorry, I looked at their popular vote percentages from 2007, got mixed up. In fairness, I was phone posting between sips of some delicious Scraggy Bay Pale Ale.
          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
            Sorry, I looked at their popular vote percentages from 2007, got mixed up. In fairness, I was phone posting between sips of some delicious Scraggy Bay Pale Ale.
            Thoughts on the Liverpool, Ireland and England matches today please Lloyd

Comment

12:40 at Doncaster today, has to be a winner

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post

No idea. The annual November slump is showing it's head again. Unsettled back line. Fabregas tired. Costa only back and the rest aren't on hazards level. If that trio are up for it we'll crush that Liverpool defence but the form isn't there.

Hopefully there is an early goal and all out end to end war happens. If not then Jose will turn it into chess and grind 3 points with Jon Obi Fucking Mikel.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                  What's going on here is weeks of lessons of how to be a politician, a masterclass by Lloyd Lloyderson - biography co-written by Roddy Doyle. What this has taught me is that I would vote for Lloyd if I ever established what his views were and they aligned with mine.

And also that I need to learn how to answer questions aloofly when asked about veganism (or any bullyish topic), my posts could be shorter then, it would be great.
                  Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                  As an observer in this I can say you most definitely did not answer his questions clearly and directly.
                  Most of your answers were basically: 'This is what is happening, deal with it'.
                  This is some of the most ridiculous debating I've ever witnessed. Nothing is being answered.
                  I've done some bolding and underlining to help you gentlemen along:

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                  Let me ask you three very simple questions - and I would really appreciate an answer to each - as follows:

1. Do you believe that Gerry Adams has done nothing wrong with regards to Maria Cahill?

First off, if anyone receives an allegation of abuse of a minor they should go to recognized authorities immediately. The complicating factor in this case was that the RUC were not recognized authorities - not to the victim and not to anyone she would have reported the issues to. As Gerry Adams said in his statement on the issue, the IRA should never have tried to take on cases like this. Offering a policing outlet for anything was obviously problematic in of itself, but issues of abuse require the support and resources of a fully functioning state.

But they did try to deal with such matters and inevitably did a shit job trying to deal with same. As such, anyone in the IRA and SF who were aware of such complaints being handled (or attempted to be handled rather) by the IRA were wrong in not immediately suggesting that policy be changed so that such issues were directed to State Services. That was a bad error in judgement.

What I will say is that anyone who wants to pretend that recognition of authority was not complicated during the time period concerned are kidding themselves. Conflict creates additional unintended hurt, this case (and any cases like it that will involve victims of abuse not receiving the proper treatment and support) is an example of that.

2. Do you believe that Sinn Fein members have been complicit in the protection of child sex offenders and, if not, what is the basis of your belief?

Again, you're not protecting child sex offenders (or any other criminals) from authority if you are considered the rightful authority and you are dealing with it yourself. Thereafter you're making mistakes because you don't have the appropriate resources or training.

With regards to this case, I am not aware of any attempt from SF to obfuscate the investigation by the PSNI or prosecution by the northern court system once it was reported to them. There has been no suggestion that Adams didn't comply with any requests for police interviews on the matter or similar matters.

3. If it was unimpeachably proven that everything Maria Cahill said about Gerry Adams or Sinn Fein was true, would that change your opinion of them?

Maria Cahill is an unreliable narrator. It seems deeply unfortunate that she was unwilling to provide testimony in court to the level of detail she has presented to the media. Her decision not to pursue same has denied her access to any justice and closure on the issue that she may have been entitled to.

It seems unfortunate that she allowed herself to be led and advised by media scumbags and for her story to be used as a political football by Enda Kenny et al.
                  I don't see how that third question is so slam dunk, my answer was more relevant than me saying the obvious - any new facts or information proven on anything I have an interest in that I would not previously have known or believed would cause me to change my opinion on the subject at hand.
                  I DID answer the questions. Again, they're just answers you don't like. The specific issue of what authority was recognised is a key point.

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                  Gonna aim for a Lazaresque metaphor.

A dog is getting kicked around by everyone, shouted at, abused, tied up. One day a postman comes into the garden to deliver a letter. Dog gives a little growl to him. Postman shouts at him and swings a kick in his direction. Dog snaps and bites him.

It is declared to be a completely unreasonable response to the postman, who was only trying to deliver a letter. Nutjob, scumbag dog should be put down as his response to the postman was disproportionate.

Except it's not really just about the postman is it?

If that doesn't work I'll come back and try another with meerkats and a census taker. Also Firefox dictionary is fairly sure that meerkats isn't a thing and is suggesting beermats!

Cheers, but I can take it. It's on me not to snap. The deck is stacked against, but that never stopped me before. People aren't going to agree with me and, as you pointed out yesterday, one side will invariably be the ones using 'deluded / murderers / scrotes / scumbags / etc'. That's the nature of it unfortunately.
                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Thoughts on the Liverpool, Ireland and England matches today please Lloyd
                    Liverpool lose
                    Ireland win
                    England lose

Running to training so that's all I got for now I'm afraid...

Comment

Bookmark this for your daily sporting needs. It's all you need!

Comment

great start as well with NZ-Eng earlier this morning in the 4 nations.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                          Bookmark this for your daily sporting needs. It's all you need!

http://www.oddschecker.com/tv-sports...dar/2014-11-08
                          Looks grim for the 19th and 20th

Comment

Forget all that, massive 6 pointer at the top of the H2H league is where it's at.

Comment

Looks grim for the 19th and 20th
                              You like your cricket - Australia play South African at 420am on the 19th
                              NI v Wales, and England v Scotland on the 20th in soccerball too.

They probably don't really update that far in advance.

Comment

England the exact same price on betfair to win the World Cup as they are to beat a Carterless New Zealand today, hmmm. Surely you'd be happier to take the 4.7 for a one off Autumn International than to take down an entire tournament?
                                Profit before people.

Comment

Where's best place to watch interstellar? Am thinking blanch for handiness, was impressed by the point village when gravity came out tho.
                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                    Where's best place to watch interstellar? Am thinking blanch for handiness, was impressed by the point village when gravity came out tho.
                                    Don't sell yourself short, Cineworld IMAX for this one imo.

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd
                                    Bullet point review:

Take 2001, Gravity and Contact; stir / shake them all together; bake on a low temperature and this movie will be the result, arguably better than the sum of its parts.

Details:

First off, saw it in Cineworld IMAX and it was an immense viewing experience. This film (as you'd expect from a Nolan joint) looks and sounds amazing. Don't sell yourself short on that point.

There is lots to criticize here: the pacing drags a little at times; some of the devices to insert action or provide motive are clunky; the science of the movie (and my head is like a rock with this stuff) requires suspension of disbelief throughout; some of the faces don't have much dialogue / characterization to work with; and the film reaches for but doesn't quite hit a sweeping emotional punch.

However, despite all of that this is bold ambitious mesmerizing cinema. I was never bored or frustrated. I was frequently wowed and amazed. Lots of people are really going to hate it because it is sombre, serious and grand and takes huge chances in the final third. Fair enough, as it would be reasonable to accuse the movie of getting the balance wrong and being overly sentimental at times. Other people are going to hate it because they are going to want to dig into the nitty gritty of the science. And then some are going to champion it unnecessarily due to the fact it's a Christopher Nolan film.

I just wish big budgets were put to work like this more often in cinema. If we're going to spend a couple of hundred million dollars on a film why not try to be ambitious and try to tell a story about the edges of humanity and our place in the universe? I'd ultimately say to anyone that they should see it.

Almost as an aside because this film really isn't about individual performances; McConaughey suits the lead role really well.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                      IMAX in Cineworld followed by 35mm screening in the Lighthouse.
                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

C'mon Chelsea!

Comment

lol at the Liverpool team, please fuck off Rodgers.

Comment

You might want to spoiler that Lloyd.
                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Hazard is scared to shoot this season.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                You might want to spoiler that Lloyd.
                                                Spoiler what? No plot spoilers there mate.

Comment

Will have to start an online movement to have Owen removed from commentary at some stage this season.

Comment

Spoiler what? No plot spoilers there mate.
                                                    Didn't read it.

But seeing as i dont really want to know anything about it before i see it, i dont want to be reading your reviews of it either.
                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

We have a game.

Lets gogogo.

Comment

We have a game.

Lets gogogo.
                                                        You're shit m8. You ain't got no fans. You ain't got no ground.

Comment

Will have to start an online movement to have Owen removed from commentary at some stage this season.
                                                          Robbie Savage did last weeks. As bad as tbh

Comment

goal goal goal goal goal goal goooooooooooooooooooooal

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                              You're shit m8. You ain't got no fans. You ain't got no ground.
                                                              U want sum I'll givitya

Comment

Didn't read it.

But seeing as i dont really want to know anything about it before i see it, i dont want to be reading your reviews of it either.
                                                                People are going to review the movie mate, plot spoilers are a no - no of course.
                                                                SPOILER
                                                                It involves space travel!!

Comment

I love Balotellis no fucks given attitude.

Would hate to have him playing for Chelsea though.

Comment

I wont be reading any reviews mate.
                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                      Nah was playing in the Majestic Casino. Lovely place. Think it only opens 4 nights a week and games are 30fo 1k, 30double chance 1k, 35fo 1.4k and something else. They chop and change though based on numbers and they love a deal and paying the bubble, which i'm not a fan of, but it's hard to say no in some circumstances.

Tonight was a €120fo €12.5k game and i only really head down for these type of games now. Lots of guys from the north play there now since Blackthorn closed and it can still be a little uncomfortable at the tables for a Dubliner because you know yourself, they don't really like outsiders, especially Dubs!

They like to make themselves heard, and they don't like being bluffed, called light or get sucked out on either!
                                                                      i know it's great isn't it.... live poker is the nuts!! looks like a nice place... always like the 120 game on a friday night in the Goldclub!! it always brought out the madness in the boys of dgl, some of those games use to get pretty big numbers, it did die down a bit when the blackthorn opened up fewer of the lads would travel from Derry for the games!! I still think the wednesday 10euro rebuy was craziest game ever, was there the night a guy spent 900 odd euro on Rebuys and bubbled the money, think i came third that game!

Comment

Poxy Ref.

Comment

I love Balotellis no fucks given attitude.

Would hate to have him playing for Chelsea though.
                                                                          He's class when he's playing for another team.

Always loved him when he was at City, can't stand the sight of him now.

Comment

Moreno really needs to work on his concentration. Very naive defencively.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                              He's class when he's playing for another team.

Always loved him when he was at City, can't stand the sight of him now.
                                                                              He'll come good imo, he will just never be an elite striker.

Comment

Sloppy half from both sides. Enjoyable though.

Comment

we are shite
                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Sloppy half from both sides. Enjoyable though.
                                                                                    Very enjoyable stuff alright. Wouldnt be surprised to see a red in the second half mind

Comment

Very enjoyable stuff alright. Wouldnt be surprised to see a red in the second half mind
                                                                                      Costa or Skrtel will prob go. Costa seems to be winning the wumming atm.

Comment

Late notice, but if anyone is near Rathgar looking for something different to do, the County Dublin Beekeepers Association, Honey Show is on until 4pm.

It's kind of like a county fair type of a thing for Beekeepers.

I'll probably be here until 4pm.

Lots of honey and general craft stuff for sale.

Edit: at the back of the big Presbyterian church in Rathgar.
                                                                                        Last edited by brianmc; 08-11-14, 13:53.

Comment

Originally posted by brianmc View Post
                                                                                          Late notice, but if anyone is near Rathgar looking for something different to do, the County Dublin Beekeepers Association, Honey Show is on until 4pm.

It's kind of like a county fair type of a thing for Beekeepers.

I'll probably be here until 4pm.

Lots of honey and general craft stuff for sale.
                                                                                          A friend of my brothers won some honey award the other night, didnt realise the organisation was so large here.

edit, it seems it was an HSE award, he runs the hives in the hospital up in Dublin.

the award was for best patient education project.
                                                                                          Last edited by oleras; 08-11-14, 13:54.
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

A friend of my brothers won some honey award the other night.
                                                                                            Must have been some buzz
                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Think it's time to drop Diego Costa from fantasy for the winter. Sporting a pair of gloves on a mild November day lol. Also short sleeves with gloves a peculier choice.
                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Hazard is scared to shoot this season.
                                                                                                Barely shoots all season. I post this. He becomes a greedy fucker.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                  Think it's time to drop Diego Costa from fantasy for the winter. Sporting a pair of gloves on a mild November day lol. Also short sleeves with gloves a peculier choice.
                                                                                                  Keeps blades in them.

Comment

A friend of my brothers won some honey award the other night, didnt realise the organisation was so large here.

edit, it seems it was an HSE award, he runs the hives in the hospital up in Dublin.

the award was for best patient education project.
                                                                                                    What part of the country?

Comment

DIEGO DIEGO DIEGO

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                        As soon as the long sleeve goes on...

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                          As soon as the long sleeve goes on...
                                                                                                          Suppose we'll keep him in for a week or two more
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

What part of the country?
                                                                                                            Central Mental Hospital in Dubland afaik.
                                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Balotelli 0 shots, 0 aerial battles won, half the amount of possession % as the next lowest player on the pitch, 15 passes all game. Some man.
                                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Central Mental Hospital in Dubland afaik.
                                                                                                                I know a few people with hives on hospital grounds but I can't think of any I would picture giving patient education!

Comment

I know a few people with hives on hospital grounds but I can't think of any I would picture giving patient education!
                                                                                                                  He is a nurse in the hospital and started the hives last year i think.
                                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

An aul verse of YNWA to wrap this up will do nicely.

Comment

Some start for the Chariot

Comment

Some start for the Chariot
                                                                                                                        any decent links for the rugby to save me looking

Comment

Rugby links

Wiziwig, the new MyP2P. Wiziwig.tv brings to you live sports on your PC for free. Live football , Live MLB and NBA. Just for free tv on your pc. Wiziwig.tv brings you also the best P2P programs guides.

Stoke have taken an early lead over NZ.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X