Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...this place may possibly have been mentioned once here :-)...

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
      Yeah I saw it. Still doesn't make sense to me. If you can't afford a car or a holiday you don't get them. I don't see why people have kids if they can't afford them. I don't have kids and my oh and I won't be having any in the near future cos we couldn't afford to have one. I am expecting this to be a very unpopular opinion but it's an honest opinion nevertheless.

I don't want to argue with people about it so I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree.
      Condom breakages don't lead to booked holidays or cars. We have all also played the game of chance that is just the tip and just for a little bit when a few drinks and hornyness takes over.

My parents happily admit that they didn't plan or try for any kids it just happened anyway. I imagine that there are plenty on here who didn't have a plan to conceive but wouldn't change the result.

Basically I don't think it's a black and white call of two people sitting down with bank statements and 20 years of earnings forecasts deciding that the 3rd of November would be an excellent night to start a family.

Not to say plenty don't have to try or plan to get pregnant but I just think that a huge chunk of the population of Ireland were not exactly in their parents 5 year plan

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
        http://mobile.grabone.ie/dublin/7d-cinema-7
        ...this place may possibly have been mentioned once here :-)...
        Some craic. I'd happily pay the fiver per person. Can't imagine it gets many people in.

€15 is unreal value for 6

Comment

First off, I am fully aware that those opposed to SF on this thread are never going to vote for SF and are never going to have their opinions changed. That's okay - but I don't particularly care about conversing with people spitting out nonsense like:

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          Did I hear today that the alleged rapists and participants in the kangaroo court are threatening to sue Enda for saying that they were in the IRA

Getting kind of bizarre now that in an organisation that has scores if not hundreds of cold blooded murderers amongst it membership there is nobody man enough to put a knife in Gerrys back.
          Originally posted by NiceandcoolTrig View Post
          Leaving aside all that, how anyone could countenance voting for a party with a leader covering up child abusers and a TD who picked up garda killers on their prison release is fucking beyond me.
          I'll allow myself to be goaded into providing short answers to the below:

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
          Let me ask you three very simple questions - and I would really appreciate an answer to each - as follows:

1. Do you believe that Gerry Adams has done nothing wrong with regards to Maria Cahill?

First off, if anyone receives an allegation of abuse of a minor they should go to recognized authorities immediately. The complicating factor in this case was that the RUC were not recognized authorities - not to the victim and not to anyone she would have reported the issues to. As Gerry Adams said in his statement on the issue, the IRA should never have tried to take on cases like this. Offering a policing outlet for anything was obviously problematic in of itself, but issues of abuse require the support and resources of a fully functioning state.

But they did try to deal with such matters and inevitably did a shit job trying to deal with same. As such, anyone in the IRA and SF who were aware of such complaints being handled (or attempted to be handled rather) by the IRA were wrong in not immediately suggesting that policy be changed so that such issues were directed to State Services. That was a bad error in judgement.

What I will say is that anyone who wants to pretend that recognition of authority was not complicated during the time period concerned are kidding themselves. Conflict creates additional unintended hurt, this case (and any cases like it that will involve victims of abuse not receiving the proper treatment and support) is an example of that.

2. Do you believe that Sinn Fein members have been complicit in the protection of child sex offenders and, if not, what is the basis of your belief?

Again, you're not protecting child sex offenders (or any other criminals) from authority if you are considered the rightful authority and you are dealing with it yourself. Thereafter you're making mistakes because you don't have the appropriate resources or training.

With regards to this case, I am not aware of any attempt from SF to obfuscate the investigation by the PSNI or prosecution by the northern court system once it was reported to them. There has been no suggestion that Adams didn't comply with any requests for police interviews on the matter or similar matters.

3. If it was unimpeachably proven that everything Maria Cahill said about Gerry Adams or Sinn Fein was true, would that change your opinion of them?

Maria Cahill is an unreliable narrator. It seems deeply unfortunate that she was unwilling to provide testimony in court to the level of detail she has presented to the media. Her decision not to pursue same has denied her access to any justice and closure on the issue that she may have been entitled to.

It seems unfortunate that she allowed herself to be led and advised by media scumbags and for her story to be used as a political football by Enda Kenny et al.
          Ultimately, this story is not that surprising. 'What!!?' you will all surely scream. Anyone paying attention will have been aware that the IRA provided a policing outlet in Republican areas in the north during the troubles. They were bound to make mistakes doing same due to a lack of appropriate skills and resource.
          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Love/Hate

SPOILER
            Fran.
            The.
            Man.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
              Condom breakages don't lead to booked holidays or cars. We have all also played the game of chance that is just the tip and just for a little bit when a few drinks and hornyness takes over.

My parents happily admit that they didn't plan or try for any kids it just happened anyway. I imagine that there are plenty on here who didn't have a plan to conceive but wouldn't change the result.

Basically I don't think it's a black and white call of two people sitting down with bank statements and 20 years of earnings forecasts deciding that the 3rd of November would be an excellent night to start a family.

Not to say plenty don't have to try or plan to get pregnant but I just think that a huge chunk of the population of Ireland were not exactly in their parents 5 year plan
              I think a huge number are unplanned. I know I couldn't have been planned.
              But I think (haven't read the thread) Dobby was talking specifically about an planned pregnancy and subsequent freak-out re:funding the bub.

I think MrsFlushie hit the nail on the head tbh. People an live without a new cars, they can forgo a holiday, or other similar extras. But for some people, a child is an essential part of life, not having one is not an option, even if that means having a child when they probably can't afford it.
              I do appreciate that not everyone sees kids as essential, I certainly don't, but ive also not going to criticise people who do feel like that.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                Love/Hate

SPOILER
                Fran.
                The.
                Man.
                Ferocious!
                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Ah yeah, media scumbags and Enda are to blame.

That's some mighty fine Kool Aid you're drinking there.
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    Ah yeah, media scumbags and Enda are to blame.
                    I write a post in which I clearly state the IRA were incorrect to deal with issues like this and dealt with them poorly when they did and you that's your response?

You think you're worth conversing with. You aren't.

Comment

Love Hate. That was outstanding.

SPOILER
                      little gripe, if Nidge suspected Siobhan had something to do with Paulie's death, surely he has to wonder why?
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Jebus, it's like handbags at 40 paces, get personal and give us some popcorn or STFU you lot.
                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                          Ultimately, this story is not that surprising. 'What!!?' you will all surely scream. Anyone paying attention will have been aware that the IRA provided a policing outlet in Republican areas in the north during the troubles. They were bound to make mistakes doing same due to a lack of appropriate skills and resource.
                          This logical position makes complete sense to me in 1973. Given the political landscape at the time I accept that my hindsight offers me a perspective somewhat out of context with the people on the ground at the time.

However, surely we can all agree that by the mid to late 90's the situation was somewhat different? At that point the legitimacy of the police force and the court system were in a much better position and the role of the IRA had shifted significantly. In any event, I don't imagine we will find agreement on that point but given the complexity I can accept more than one point of view in this matter.

I would like to just re-visit one question though:

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd and Kayroo
                          3. If it was unimpeachably proven that everything Maria Cahill said about Gerry Adams or Sinn Fein was true, would that change your opinion of them?

Maria Cahill is an unreliable narrator. It seems deeply unfortunate that she was unwilling to provide testimony in court to the level of detail she has presented to the media. Her decision not to pursue same has denied her access to any justice and closure on the issue that she may have been entitled to.

It seems unfortunate that she allowed herself to be led and advised by media scumbags and for her story to be used as a political football by Enda Kenny et al
                          You haven't actually answered my question. I accept your points re: the unreliable narrator. It's why I specifically phrased the question in the hypothetical scenario where all her claims were unequivocally proven to be true. I am not interested in political obfuscation or undermining the accusations of Maria Cahill (whether or not that was your intention) - I am interested in your mindset regarding Sinn Fein and why someone I generally take to be an intelligent and reasoned person would opt to so closely support them. I'm not asking you to answer for Sinn Fein actually.

Actually Important Question

So, with that in mind, if everything Maria Cahill said about Gerry Adams or Sinn Fein was true, would that change your opinion of them?
                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Leaving their bad policies aside surely it is a mistake to vote for any party that allowed Mary Lou McDonald to obtain such a prominent position

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                              Love Hate. That was outstanding.

SPOILER
                              little gripe, if Nidge suspected Siobhan had something to do with Paulie's death, surely he has to wonder why?
                              Really? Think its peaked tbh.
                              SPOILER
                              who'll die bingo every week is getting tiresome, and the prison break stuff is a bit of a shark jump

Comment

Nice bit of blaming the victim there Lloyd, unreliable narrator, yea thats what the whole problem here is about! Oh and btw you don't get a pass to completely ignore the actual question by lobbing in bit of LOL bad rhetoric.

So much doublethink in that post its hard to know where to start.
                                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 02-11-14, 23:01.
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

By the way Lloyd; fair fucks for answering my questions at all. Anyone willing to debate politics, ideas or anything of that ilk on a forum where they know it is likely to be less than well received deserves at least my respect for engaging.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed with how you didn't actually answer any of my questions directly (or even indirectly really) but you still stuck your toe in the water and fair play for that.

If any of this is coming off as disingenuous or sarcastic it is most certainly not intended to. I really mean all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                    I think a huge number are unplanned. I know I couldn't have been planned.
                                    But I think (haven't read the thread) Dobby was talking specifically about an planned pregnancy and subsequent freak-out re:funding the bub.

I think MrsFlushie hit the nail on the head tbh. People an live without a new cars, they can forgo a holiday, or other similar extras. But for some people, a child is an essential part of life, not having one is not an option, even if that means having a child when they probably can't afford it.
                                    I do appreciate that not everyone sees kids as essential, I certainly don't, but ive also not going to criticise people who do feel like that.
                                    Yeah should have said I meant planned pregnancies and wasn't criticising anyone for having kids. It's just my, unpopular, opinion.

Comment

Kayroo nails it again obv...

I'll do the histrionics, and say that everything about this makes me feel that the Fascists are in the ascendency.
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I don't see how that third question is so slam dunk, my answer was more relevant than me saying the obvious - any new facts or information proven on anything I have an interest in that I would not previously have known or believed would cause me to change my opinion on the subject at hand.

Comment

So, with that in mind, if everything Maria Cahill said about Gerry Adams or Sinn Fein was true, would that change your opinion of them?
                                          Mostly thanked LLoyds post for his bothering to engage. Thanking Kayroo's, for asking a really good almost rhetorical question.
                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I don't see how that third question is so slam dunk, my answer was more relevant than me saying the obvious - any new facts or information proven on anything I have an interest in that I would not previously have known or believed would cause me to change my opinion on the subject at hand.
                                            You could enter politics yourself with this level of answering Lloyd.

Comment

used as a political football by Enda Kenny et al.
                                              This is such a bullshit line. Senior SF figures including Adams have repeatedly casted doubt on Cahill's story. What were Kenny and Co supposed to say? Grand sure we'll leave it to you lads, is it?

Also earlier when you quoted my post, you just responded with a throwaway remark and then further quoted a part of it which you called 'nonsense'. I would call it factual but whatever, it's irrelevant really, if you're going to quote could you at least respond to the main thrust of my post and the specific example I provided of why SF economic polices are populist, illogical and unworkable ? Do you agree/disagree? Surely you're not naive enough to think that such a plan will work in practice?

Comment

Tbh I've deliberately stayed away from this convo, as I don't think events in the north have been in any way portrayed in any sort of unbiased light by the likes of RTE. I know from Rob's family's views/assumptions of how they believe the IRA served no purpose other than to murder innocent people, that there's a level of ignorance (for want of a better word) amongst the average southern news watcher/reader, through no fault of their own I might add. The IRA were clearly not justified killing innocent people etc, however anyone who thinks they were by far the worst up here are gravely mistaken. There was/is a lot of badness on both sides & I'm old enough to remember how people were picked off the streets in a certain area where it as assumed they were from one side or another. I also remember how my granda's car was often pulled apart when during a routine road block they discovered the name on his licence said 'Patrick'. His car would have contained us, his grand kids, fwiw. Additionally I've had family members interned (before) because they came from a certain area & so they were locked up without charge because they could be. Obviously they were released in time, as they'd done nothing wrong, but that's what life was like.

I agree with what Lloyd had said here, Republican/nationalists didn't go to the RUC simply because they were not a credible police service. Anyone who takes the slightest bit of time to read up on proven corruption from independent reports will see this. It is unfortunate, but yet completely understandable, how with a police service so untrustworthy, people used other avenues to seek justice/comeuppance for crimes committed against them. It's clear for anyone to see that the IRA or any such bodies were not in any way equipped to deal with such cases.

I've not been following any of the Maria Cahill story tbh, so don't really know anything about it.
                                                . .

Comment

However, surely we can all agree that by the mid to late 90's the situation was somewhat different? At that point the legitimacy of the police force and the court system were in a much better position and the role of the IRA had shifted significantly. In any event, I don't imagine we will find agreement on that point but given the complexity I can accept more than one point of view in this matter.
                                                  I don't agree with this tbh. I was born in 1982 & whilst I know it was worse in the 70s, there was still no credible police force by the mid to late 90s.

Back when the PSNI did the major 'Catholic recruitment drive' in 2000-2005 ish the force was still ridic bigoted. A friend of mine, Alan, signed up in his early 20s, tbf was the easiest interview he ever did as they were so in need of adjusting their numbers balance. It was about 2002-2004 from memory when he got the job. He lasted less than 6 months, even though the job paid decent & he found the field interesting, he couldn't continually forget/block out the daily bigotry shown by his supposed colleagues.
                                                  . .

Comment

One of my best mates is a catholic from Belfast. Anytime you talk about these issues with him or his family members you realise how uninformed and incorrect so many people are down here.

Comment

BBV BREAKING NEWS

Just in from LSBN:

Today it was revealed that having children is an emotional decision (if a decision at all!!) for most people, not a fiscal decision.

We will return to you with any future breaking news revelations in due course.

doo-doo-doo-dooo-do-doo-odooo newwwwwwwwwS

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

How hard will it be to get tickets to UFC Boston in Jan once they go on general sale?

Comment

Have to sleep now, up at 6:00am. Looking forward to having a productive time with all of you who joins us during The Hour of Power
                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Incredibly interesting stuff these last couple of pages, riveting bbv.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 03-11-14, 00:03.
                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                Mostly thanked LLoyds post for his bothering to engage. Thanking Kayroo's, for asking a really good almost rhetorical question.
                                                                It's not a slam dunk question. I'm not trying to slam dunk you or SF or anything. I am just trying to understand where you're coming from and what, if anything, would dissuade you from voting SF. In the alternative I am seeking a non-party political broadcast reason why one would vote for them.

Comment

Comment

One of my best mates is a catholic from Belfast. Anytime you talk about these issues with him or his family members you realise how uninformed and incorrect so many people are down here.
                                                                    OK, I am genuinely willing to entertain huge swathes of opinion on this topic but can we please avoid this kind of argument? I'm sure your northern Catholic mate has a visceral attachment to Sinn Fein. What that has to do with a discussion about a party vying for control of the Republic during a highly sensitive economic period in our history is beyond me.

Comment

This week in politics was fairly interesting.

Cliffs:
                                                                      Coalition in crisis.
                                                                      Water charges proposed as a flat rate (in direct contrast to RDIII's post earlier).
                                                                      400odd quid if you dont register 240ish if you do.
                                                                      Mary Lou refusing now to pay
                                                                      Some weird deflecting regarding the Maria Cahill issue. SF call for anyone who has info to talk to the police, but do a bit of mudslinging on Maria herself.
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Fair play Lloyd always interested in hearing your responses.

I take it from your posts that you are more a supporter of Sinn Fein than Adams himself even if the two are so closely linked. My question if you would indulge is would you prefer Adams to stay or do you think the party would be better without him in order to distance themselves from the actual men who were involved in the troubles while maintaining the historical link? Would it automatically be Mary-Lou who follows?

He sits in an incredibly safe sf seat so whoever comes in will walk an election after anyway and he could move back from the public eye and into a policy/advisory role.

The other question I always wonder is are you a sf supporter due to the history and the united Ireland stance or is it for the socialist policies or the fact that the politicians are good speakers and put the man hours in door to door?

Sorry if this feels like answering the same old questions and understand if you don't fancy answering them

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                          How hard will it be to get tickets to UFC Boston in Jan once they go on general sale?
                                                                          There is an MMA forum on boards that should be of help.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                            Always thought I knew what GHz chip speed and ram means in a computer (higher equals better, but ram sometimes doesn't mean much if the chip isn't powerful enough to use it?), but starting to doubt it as it seems to have changed in recent years.

A simple test question:

Is a laptop with 2.10 GHz + 8gb ram, always faster than a laptop with 1.90 GHz and 6gb ram?

The first is an A10 chip and the second is an Intel i3 chip. Does that make a difference?

Is there any other factors that are important in terms of speed?

Edit: This is the monstrous cut-price beauty that is being considered, and where there are these choices.
                                                                            Most ram is fine these days so you can say bigger = better to the average end user

Not so with processors at all. Different architecture, more or less cores, cache, and so on. i7 also doesnt mean better than i5 and i5 better than i3 by default and so on. Different generations and specifications.
                                                                            For example, a 4 core 3.5 ghz intel i5 cpu gets better performance scores than an 8 core 4.7ghz amd cpu and so on.

CPU does not limit RAM.
                                                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 03-11-14, 00:19.

Comment

Catholicism, I would hazard a guess is much stronger in NI than in ROI, given in NI it's embedded in identity. Would I be correct to assume the percentage of young people (born catholic) who identify as catholic is greater up north than here?

One thing I do admire about Sinn Fein in Dáil Éireann is their progressive position on social issues concerning the catholic church, X, the Savita case, SS marriage etc.. Positions that enrage a shrinking minority in the south.

What's their position on such issues up north?
                                                                              Last edited by Lazare; 03-11-14, 00:30.

Comment

Do agree with Zuutroy a bit about Love/Hate peaking, season 4 was absolutely outstanding and this current season has just been ok imo, writing/production/directing have all come on leaps & bounds epically with regards to the storytelling and mostly in regards to last season so kind disappointed that this hasn't gripped as much.

SPOILER
                                                                                Was thinking to myself during the episode that I don't really like the character of Siobhan and the way her part has been unfolding but that scene with Terrence was excellent, she nailed it.
                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

If you want tickets they'll be easy enough to pick up if you are on the ball.
                                                                                  I can imagine there would be a huge rush for them.

If you really want to get a head start then joining fight club will give you access 2 days early.
                                                                                  Prob worth it considering its a small cost combined with flights and accom.

Comment

...

Comment

If you really want to get a head start then joining fight club will give you access 2 days early.
                                                                                      Yeah I'm gonna book flights and accom this week and don't want to be without the tickets.
                                                                                      I noticed the pre sale tickets for $75 extra. We could split that two and possibly 3 ways also. Would the pre sale guarantee you tickets?
                                                                                      Any idea on price range of tickets?

Comment

Is McGregor 100% confirmed for it? When do they go on sale?

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                          Is McGregor 100% confirmed for it? When do they go on sale?
                                                                                          Nov 20th. Pre sale for members 18th.

Comment

Anyone watching this live tight rope shite? I give up tell me if he falls.

Comment

Nov 20th. Pre sale for members 18th.
                                                                                              No need for that pre-sale shite. It won't sell out THAT quickly if it does at all . . .

Comment

That highwire walker guy is walking between two skyscrapers now in a few minutes on Discovery Channel... In case anyone is bored.

Doing two walks actually. One blindfolded.
                                                                                                Last edited by KK82; 03-11-14, 01:25.

Comment

Looking to go to a Real Madrid match over Xmas/January. Looking at celtichorizontours.com, anyone have any other recommendations of where to look or the best way to go about things?

EDIT: Facebook is nuts. Literally just went onto it there and the ad was for midlandtravel.ie advertising the Real vs Liverpool game.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Jam-Fly; 03-11-14, 01:24.
                                                                                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                                                    That highwire walker guy is walking between two skyscrapers now in a few minutes on Discovery Channel... In case anyone is bored.

Doing two walks actually. One blindfolded.
                                                                                                    When this happens to your grand father would it not turn you off?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                      Thanks! Thats a fairly stupid marketing approach then on the part of the chip makers. Any chance you'd look at this laptop and tell me off the top of your head whether the A10 or i3 would be most likely to be faster?
                                                                                                      People want big numbers!

That doesn't say what model i3 it is so I'd guess it's a terrible one and go for the other processor.

This site is usually best if you want a laptop

Comment

Same gobshite who did the grand canyon and kept praising god?

Hope he falls.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                          Same gobshite who did the grand canyon and kept praising god?

Hope he falls.
                                                                                                          Yup. He's thanked god a helluva lot already 5 mins in.

Comment

Yup. He's thanked god a helluva lot already 5 mins in.
                                                                                                            Ugh.

One time BBV.

Comment

Any sites doing odds?
                                                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

This guy was nuts
                                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Vamonos Putas!
                                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I was thinking about setting up a new political party that would immediately garner almost 100% support

Big ticket items (In huge bold)

AUSTERITY ENDS NOW! Huge Tax cuts for people on all income levels.

NO WATER CHARGES. Its a basic human right innit.

AN END TO CORRUPTION AND JOBS FOR THE BOYS. On the spot fines of €100 for corruption.

A TOUGH STANCE ON PAEDOS. All suspected paedos to be interned immediately without trial.

U2 to be forced to pay 100% income tax retroactively. Bono to be hung.

Conor McGregor to be given a ministers portfolio without a brief.

Small details (in very small font and slightly smudged)

Slash government spending across the board.
                                                                                                                    The Dole is cut in half and available only for 6 months. Former criminals (especially debt collectors) to be given front line positions and told to cut down on applications and given a commision per euro saved.
                                                                                                                    An end to the injustice of free college education.
                                                                                                                    Healthcare is privatised. No policy no treatment.
                                                                                                                    All arts funding is immediately stopped.
                                                                                                                    Prisons to be self sufficient communes within 24 months or privatised and sold to highest bidder.
                                                                                                                    Sinn Fein to be packed into a bundle and sent to Africa with a mandate to create their own version of a socialist paradise (or whatever they want to do), they are provided with up to date weaponry and training. All convicted criminals will be given a choice of heading with them and given €10k on the condition they never return.

****

All I need is a name, and possibly someone to design posters. I think I've covered all bases, every section of society will be happy with the changes and understand that uncertain economic times need bold and progressive changes with out of the box thinking.

Comment

where do you stand on parking tickets?

actually a few of my friends tried to stand in the local elections with a similar modus operandi. Policies included no bra Tuesdays, adding two extra bank holidays annually to give the tourist industry a much needed boost and extending off-licence opening hours so that the new closing time was 10:05pm (just in case you got a bit delayed).

Last edited by Jam-Fly; 03-11-14, 04:09.
                                                                                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Will design posters for ministerial position.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                                          where do you stand on parking tickets?

actually a few of my friends tried to stand in the local elections with a similar modus operandi. Policies included no bra Tuesdays, adding two extra bank holidays annually to give the tourist industry a much needed boost and extending off-licence opening hours so that the new closing time was 10:05pm (just in case you got a bit delayed).
                                                                                                                          Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm not sure about parking tickets. I don't own a car and cycle so I'm personally inclined to triple parking tickets fines and put people who park their cars in cycle lanes in prison. However I am a man of the people and realise that most people love cars and so by extension free parking, so I would create a commision comprised of several top economists (No Irish ones), Representatives of the Driving Community and some world class PR execs to thrash out a solution that would best serve our wonderful country.

The economics of parking is actually fascinating, there is a podcast on it by the Freakonomics people here (Called Parking Is Hell)

Great idea on the off license closing times - I'm stealing that wholesale.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Hectorjelly; 03-11-14, 04:31.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X