This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
    The price of airfares in Canada is absolutely ridiculous. I cant get over it.

Ryanair needs to set up here. There is nothing even remotely close to it.
    Remember a lot of irish people (and some posters here) believe that Ryanair deserve little or no credit, apparently if it wasn't Ryanair it would have been someone else stepping into the ultra obvious low fares model.

Interesting that no-one has tried it in Canada despite their close proximity to internal USA airlines who thrive on low fares; maybe its just not possible in Canada for some specific local reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
      Remember a lot of irish people (and some posters here) believe that Ryanair deserve little or no credit, apparently if it wasn't Ryanair it would have been someone else stepping into the ultra obvious low fares market.

Interesting that no-one has tried it in Canada despite their close proximity to internal USA airlines who thrive on low fares; maybe its just not possible in Canada for some specific local reasons.
      There is definitely a unique air industry here for sure. The lack of actual destinations outside the big cities and the oil wealth make Calgary a virtual cul de sac of world travel.

For example, a 2 hr, 800 mile flight, costs prob 600 dollars return. That in Europe, with ryanair is a tenth of that. Obviously, given there is only really 3 destinations here makes a difference but still...surely, at some stage, something has to give.

I'm really only annoyed because a) Etihad dont fly to calgary so I cant use my sisters work flight perks, and b) Etihad DO fly to Toronto but getting to Toronto is so expensive it negates any savings I make on her benefits.
      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

...that's why I love the night crew, always there even though I don't know anyone...
        ...dont know how to multi quote...thanks for the bro hug whoever gave it...this is Actually a build up of about a months fears all in one....its not a tinder girl...its the one I mentioned that I slept with twice and agreed to only have fun Sith right after I broke up with my ex...sadly I didn't know often to text or keep in touch if it was just fun...so I went and over thought it...and before I knew it I had text her way too often and pissed her off without her saying I did...sent tonight what I hope will be the last text, and ten minutes ago the last Facebook message apologising Bout tonight text, ...I really hope when I sobar up I cop the fuck on and delete her number...it's not fair to her and not healthy to me...the fact that I've drank for 8 hours on my own is not a good sign too (I'm not suppose to drink says people))....but thanks thanreassurancr ..it helps..

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
          ...that's why I love the night crew, always there even though I don't know anyone...
          ...dont know how to multi quote...thanks for the bro hug whoever gave it...this is Actually a build up of about a months fears all in one....its not a tinder girl...its the one I mentioned that I slept with twice and agreed to only have fun Sith right after I broke up with my ex...sadly I didn't know often to text or keep in touch if it was just fun...so I went and over thought it...and before I knew it I had text her way too often and pissed her off without her saying I did...sent tonight what I hope will be the last text, and ten minutes ago the last Facebook message apologising Bout tonight text, ...I really hope when I sobar up I cop the fuck on and delete her number...it's not fair to her and not healthy to me...the fact that I've drank for 8 hours on my own is not a good sign too (I'm not suppose to drink says people))....but thanks thanreassurancr ..it helps..
          Yeah remember you talking about her, thought twas a tinderer my bad. Seriously though, I think most here have been in a similar spot and it's grand!! Girls never tell you that you piss them off and to this day I don't really know how to get back in the good books of one you barely know . Ya needed the fling and at least she's a randomer and not a good friend so you'll be grand!!!

Slightly worried about ya though, .... followed by .. and .. is not a good sign. Chin up mate! Bbv is here for all venting needs!
          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Good thinking, following up that last ever text to her with a last ever Facebook message.

Comment

Perhaps a last phone call for the hat-trick of lasts?

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                Good thinking, following up that last ever text to her with a last ever Facebook message.
                ...is there ever a better time :-)... might as well do all my last times tonight...start fresh tomorrow ha...

Comment

...is there ever a better time :-)... might as well do all my last times tonight...start fresh tomorrow ha...
                  Don't forget one last wank over her pics before she blocks ya
                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                    Don't forget one last wank over her pics before she blocks ya
                    ...labtop hooked up to my tv as we speak...nothing beats a 48 inch wank...:-)...

Comment

Love\Hate:

SPOILER
                      Aido is going to bump Nidge off, I am convinced of it. Strong, silent type but he's been pushed too far.
                      Well either him or Terence Big Balls.
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                        also, anything to do today other than go watch some ppl run?
                        Not a lot tbh

Going to get in the car now and see where we end up. Yesterday's odyssey involved hunting hedgehogs, city kids terrified lest they might actually find one.

Comment

SPOILER
                          Not until mid/late next season at the very earliest - they need to get more value out of Nidge and also develop Aido as a character. You could see Nidge stepping into JohnBoys role before he got done in so I suspect we will see the same here.

I also don't rule out Fran being the ring leader post Nidge.
                          ah OK, I thought this was the last season

want to see Terence Big Balls return from exile and kill 'em all in that case

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                            SPOILER
                            Born again Christian rave scene was strange aswell
                            Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                            Best scene in the whole 5 series IMO

I was wondering for a minute if the junkie on the bus was a viral for L/H
                            Please let that be his only appearance..

Comment

People in the comments gleefully talking about how once you have your own well you can use as much water without worrying about the costs

Comment

From the 1978 film 'The Last Waltz'Virgil Caine is the name, and I served on the Danville train,Til Stoneman's cavalry came and tore up the tracks again.In t...
                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

My neighbours are cunts, who the fuck does construction work to their bedroom at 9am on a bank holiday Monday!! Going to be playing music blaring at 5am from now on anyways
                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Saying Love/Hate is the best drama RTE has done isn't really a compliment.

It's definitely one of their best comedies though.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

From Harry Hanrahan... A selection of the top 100 quotes from The Wire, the greatest TV show ever made. Contains spoilers from all 5 seasons! First featured ...
                                      Thanks Denny, now I wanna watch the whole thing again.
                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

also, anything to do today other than go watch some ppl run?
                                        You could have come training with me. Spend the day recovering. Sorted.
                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                          I've only watched the first two episodes, enjoying it so far but the casting really prevents it being a great show. The whole traveller group with their delivery of tension filled lines like "have you got a knife or nything like that" are comically bad.
                                          Not saying you are missing out, but how can you start watching a series at season 5?
                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Anyone else trying to get on to the one plus site?

Obv it is timing out

FFS, they don't really seem to be capable of running the business - either take my money or fuck off and I'll buy from someone else
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Obv it is timing out

FFS, they don't really seem to be capable of running the business - either take my money or fuck off and I'll buy from someone else
                                              HTC one (m8) m8.
                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

I urge everyone to Rally against this Anti Racism protest in Waterford which is scheduled for weds at 17.30 in manor Street in a peaceful manner as this is the Problem in the Country . We are not racist we are fighting for our Irish rights to stop crime from this foreign element who we welcomed with open arms . A one Strike your out rule should apply to all immigrants who we bring to this country who commit a crime and are charged . Take the policy Australia upholds

An antii-racist solidarity protest has been called for Wednesday at 17:30 on Manor St in Waterford
                                                This is special kind of special. There's a protest about the protesters, who in turn are arranging a protest against these protesters

Comment

TWD.

SPOILER
                                                  Rick finally gets the rules have changed, good episode.
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Obv it is timing out

'Not a valid OpenID'?

Does the yankee one work/ship here?

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                    HTC one (m8) m8.
                                                    better? how much?
                                                    Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 27-10-14, 15:52.
                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                      'Not a valid OpenID'?

Does the yankee one work/ship here?

better? how much?
                                                      Similar specced to the o+o but I'm not regretting getting it. Miles ahead of the S5.

Comment

Finally got in and they quote 6 - 8 weeks for delivery

GTFO

Comment

Finally got in and they quote 6 - 8 weeks for delivery

GTFO
                                                          nowhere near that, it was less than a week
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

'Waterford against peados'

'Waterford against foreign pick pockets and crime gangs'

'Waterford against mandatory water flouridation'

'Waterford against pylons'

I hope the yanks aren't using Facebook to pick an Irish city to visit.
                                                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                              Think it could be, if they opened them up they'll get flooded with orders not like with invites where they could control the flow.
                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Yea it kept going up. First time I got in it was 1 week, by the time I ordered it was 2-3 weeks, and by the end it was 2 months.

Comment

Waterford is turning into Wexford.

Comment

Watch your fucking mouth

Comment

Edit:
                                                                      Last edited by nicnicnic; 27-10-14, 18:54.

Comment

Love/Hate is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                                                                          Tough to think of good dramas, think the British/Irish are better at comedys. I'd have the latest Sherlock ahead of it for sure though.
                                                                          This is England '86 and This is England '88? Now they were great dramas, with proper 3-D characters, which explored a range of human experiences very well. Love / Hate is bubblegum, tremendous fun altogether, but populated by caricatures rather than characters.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                            This is England '86 and This is England '88? Now they were great dramas, with proper 3-D characters, which explored a range of human experiences very well. Love / Hate is bubblegum, tremendous fun altogether, but populated by caricatures rather than characters.
                                                                            both series of top boy were very good. slick, concise and to the point.

Comment

Have many on here attempted to use Frequent flyers programme. BA allows you to add up to 6 people and use their points.

This will allow me to take advantage of some decent benefits after my next trip as I will register them under me.

I think anyone flying even once or twice a year to America would find some small benefit in it.
                                                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Just got caught up on the latest episode of Love/Hate been enjoyable so far but thought season 4 was outstanding, will see how the rest of this one plays out.
                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Brought Mia to Galway for the weekend and went to the Halloween Parade. It was brilliant well worth the wait in the cold. The costumes and stuff were out of this world. She was squealing with delight as each one passed by. One of them stooped right down into her face, scary stuff lol

more great pics here

Last edited by SatNav; 27-10-14, 19:39.
                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                    Have many on here attempted to use Frequent flyers programme. BA allows you to add up to 6 people and use their points.

This will allow me to take advantage of some decent benefits after my next trip as I will register them under me.

I think anyone flying even once or twice a year to America would find some small benefit in it.
                                                                                    if you're flying economy on cheap tickets then they are more than pointless. these programs are for business travel and above.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                      if you're flying economy on cheap tickets then they are more than pointless. these programs are for business travel and above.
                                                                                      Not from what I can see on BA. I do not have the time for specifics as I am off to work but it does not seem as hard as you may think.
                                                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                        I'm a bit annoyed with the whole thing. It would be trivial for them to have run an orderly waiting list for invites and then use that for the pre order.
                                                                                        But instead they manage to turn the pre order into a complete clusterfuck.

My S3 is dying on its feet so I'm going to need a phone fairly soon. I was willing to put up with all the bullshit and wait a reasonable while to get one from them but two hours of trying to get on the site only to tell me its going to take 6-8 weeks to deliver. Fuck off.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post

I'm in the BA programme fly fairly regularly to the UK with them as they are pretty much the same price as Aer Lingus and Ryanair if you factor in luggage especially because they give you 23kg. Points on Dublin - UK are pretty poor but I did fly once to US last year with them and got lots of points just for me so having 7 people on it will add up fast! I cashed in a few there for a flight coming up and got €18 of a flight to the UK... better than nothing!

Comment

I'm a bit annoyed with the whole thing. It would be trivial for them to have run an orderly waiting list for invites and then use that for the pre order.

My S3 is dying on its feet so I'm going to need a phone fairly soon. I was willing to put up with all the bullshit and wait a reasonable while to get one from them but two hours of trying to get on the site only to tell me its going to take 6-8 weeks to deliver. Fuck off.
                                                                                            I'll sell you my moto g when the oneplusone arrives

Comment

You're being a bit of a moaning Michael this evening.
                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

HTC one (m8) m8.
                                                                                                I own both the Oneplus One and the Htc M8 and I prefer the Oneplus.

I bought my One plus from adverts delivered by DHL in three days and full communication throughout the process through both paypal and adverts pm's.

Works out an extra €10 to what the price is through parcel motel but no hassles.

The Oneplus is the best I've owned.

Ordered Tuesday am, in my hand in Cobh at 1pm Friday. Would cost me nearly a tenner in fuel to get to my nearest parcel motel anyway.
                                                                                                Last edited by Sirtoyou; 27-10-14, 20:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                                                                                                  I bought my One plus from adverts delivered by DHL in three days and full communication throughout the process through both paypal and adverts pm's.

Works out an extra €10 to what the price is through parcel motel but no hassles.

.
                                                                                                  So what is the difference between that and the ones sold through the oneplusone site

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                    You're being a bit of a moaning Michael this evening.
                                                                                                    As opposed to being what on every other evening?

Comment

Wife is out on her third night out in a row.

Saison, San Lorenzo and La Maison. Some life tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                        Wife is out on her third night out in a row.

Saison, San Lorenzo and La Maison. Some life tbf.
                                                                                                        You didn't know what an old fashioned was and then had one at a public bar tut tut

Sorry about the Quality was uploaded cos I Couldn't find this anywhere to show a friend but its the final moments from the creme fraiche Esp of Southpark ser...

Comment

So what is the difference between that and the ones sold through the oneplusone site
                                                                                                          None whatsoever from what I can see. Got the most recent ota update as soon as I turned it on. Instruction booklet is in Chinese.

Comment

As opposed to being what on every other evening?
                                                                                                            Ah, right you are. Carry on.
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

What's happening with your s3? Mine is fucked battery wise.
                                                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

ah God be with the days 1996

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

It's like the Sun is shining out of your hole.
                                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

@ Honda, my Brother left his wife's iPad in the café at gate 211 today... what's the chances of getting it back ?

I'll be in the airport tomorrow as we are flying to Berlin at 2.30, is the lost property office near T1 ?
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Fiery Wasabi; 27-10-14, 21:32.

Comment

OneplusOne is such a shite name though.

I don't know if I could fully trust a phone with such a cheap shite name.

Sounds like the name of a geriatric dating site or something.
                                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                        It's like the Sun is shining out of your hole.
                                                                                                                        prob was tbf
                                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                          ah God be with the days 1996

Look great for a thirty five year old there.
                                                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X