This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    The point is that they launch hundreds of (admittedly ineffective) missiles at Israel, hide their activity in densely populated civilian areas and refuse to accept outside mediation.

Israel accepted the Egyptian ceasefire. Those kids would be alive now if Hamas had done likewise.
    lol. And Pgodkin is detached from reality.
    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
      lol. And Pgodkin is detached from reality.
      Explain yourself young man. I will go easy on you due to your Pho tip.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Fearbocht View Post
        No sanctions when the Brits and Americans bombed Iraq back to the middle ages looking for non existent wmds.
        That is true. Although you could argue the $1tn cost was a self-imposed sanction.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          Ukraine steps up their campaign, then Russia officially steps in to protect their citizens, then decides to saunter up to Kiev given they've fck all left to lose with the amount of sanctions that will be thrown at them.
          Wonder what the Chinese are up to bar loaning everyone the money for the build up. As the third serious player in world military they seem to busy building ghost cities and power plants to bother with the rest of us.

I have no doubt I am about to hear they are invading all sorts of places and I have just missed it.

Comment

the only upside is that Putin should see some serious repercussions from this
            Are you completely divorced from reality?
            Physician heal thyself imo

I don't doubt Obama will talk a big game, like he did with chemical weapons in Syria (for sale, one red line, never used) and with the initial invasion in Ukraine, but he will take no meaningful action of any description.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
              Wonder what the Chinese are up to bar loaning everyone the money for the build up. As the third serious player in world military they seem to busy building ghost cities and power plants to bother with the rest of us.

I have no doubt I am about to hear they are invading all sorts of places and I have just missed it.
              They have bought most of Africa. Much more civilised method of invasion.

Comment

That is true. Although you could argue the $1tn cost was a self-imposed sanction.
                Got a bit back from a cash for gold place for Sadams shitter tho

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                  Strange route to take; At the least I thought passenger planes were avoiding the area due to confusion over air traffic control after the Russian takeover
                  I remember flying right over Iraq a couple of times when there was full on war going on there. Seemed a bit odd maybe I should have been a bit more concerned than i was.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

They have bought most of Africa. Much more civilised method of invasion.
                    For guys just new to capitalism they caught on really fast alright

Comment

Russian related forces (as good a description as any) shoot down a passenger aircraft with 22 Americans and Israel go into Gaza. Fuck me.
                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                        Russian related forces (as good a description as any) shoot down a passenger aircraft with 22 Americans and Israel go into Gaza. Fuck me.
                        The Israeli incursion will be very quick. Netanyahu gets political credit at home and Hamas\Islamic Jihad get to redig their tunnels, rebuild their stocks of toy missiles and get on with imposing their Stone Age culture. The most interesting dynamic in that conflict is not Israel-Hamas. It's PLO-Hamas.

Comment

This is like being back in school when 2 of the biggest lads in the year square off down by the handball alley. Everyone wants to go down for a look but not get involved unless of course it breaks out into an all out melee where you hope you can pick someone off around the fringes just so you feel like you were involved

Comment

What is the best option for a walk in and pay late evening swim in South East Dublin tomorrow night if the weather is not suitable for the 40 ft?
                            Any way to wangle in the 50M in UCD for an hour or two ?

Also picking up people from Marley park after the gig tomorrow night whats the best way to deal with it?
                            Is it possible to drive by and pick up or would I be better off getting them to go in a taxi into town or somewhere they can meet me?

Comment

...still no Irish confirmed on the flight, but about 80 unaccounted for as of yet...154 Dutch people, terrible tragedy for the country as a whole...
                              ...Liam...
                              Last edited by luckforsome; 17-07-14, 20:56.

Comment

Is there anyone else worth seeing on the bill in Marley park tomorrow night, I quite like Bombay Bicycle club but I don't think I've even heard of anyone else playing

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                  What is the best option for a walk in and pay late evening swim in South East Dublin tomorrow night if the weather is not suitable for the 40 ft?

Also picking up people from Marley park after the gig tomorrow night whats the best way to deal with it?
                                  Is it possible to drive by and pick up or would I be better off getting them to go in a taxi into town or somewhere they can meet me?
                                  I dont think you can pay into UCD of you arent a member but im not sure.

I picked someone up from there last week - fecking nightmare traffic wise. If possible a taxi to dundrum or somewhere out of the cluster fuck would be a good move

edit - getting a taxi would actually be pretty hard. I met them at ballinteer St. Johns GAA pitch which at least has somewhere for you to park and a bar while you wait

Comment

The point is that they launch hundreds of (admittedly ineffective) missiles at Israel, hide their activity in densely populated civilian areas and refuse to accept outside mediation.

Israel accepted the Egyptian ceasefire. Those kids would be alive now if Hamas had done likewise.
                                    It's probably reasonable to note that those kids would also be alive had the IDF not bombed the beach they were playing on as well.

You're entirely correct that the point is that Hamas have launched hundreds of ineffective missiles at Israel, but ineffective is the key word. One Israeli has been killed by these attacks, and Israel's response has been jaw droppingly disproportionate and indiscriminate ... the last count I saw was something like 1400 serious injuries and 200 deaths in Gaza. What's more, the Israeli response hasn't been targeted at Hamas, but at Gaza as a whole.

Comment

Terrible website, but I think this pool in Ballinteer is ok http://www.dlrleisureservices.ie/mea...immingpool.php
                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                        ...still no Irish confirmed on the flight, but about 80 unaccounted for as of yet...154 Dutch people, terrible tragedy for the country as a whole...
                                        ...Liam...
                                        6 from UK they believe.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Try the new pool in Rathmines. Think it's called Swan Leisure. If you're swimming (as opposed to just jumping in and getting out again) in the sea and it's a nice evening, Seapoint is much nicer than the 40ft imo. Tide needs to be in though.

Comment

Originally posted by dazzler View Post
                                              It's probably reasonable to note that those kids would also be alive had the IDF not bombed the beach they were playing on as well.

You're entirely correct that the point is that Hamas have launched hundreds of ineffective missiles at Israel, but ineffective is the key word. One Israeli has been killed by these attacks, and Israel's response has been jaw droppingly disproportionate and indiscriminate ... the last count I saw was something like 1400 serious injuries and 200 deaths in Gaza. What's more, the Israeli response hasn't been targeted at Hamas, but at Gaza as a whole.
                                              I tell you what's extremely instructive to observe:

(1) the reaction in the West Bank (what are they saying to their Palestinian brothers? Essentially 'GTFO'.)
                                              (2) the reaction in the Arab world (Egypt for example have said they hold Hamas responsible for the Israeli incursion).

Hamas are beyond the pale of everybody.

Comment

In all the years and all their various governments I've yet to see or hear a single Israeli spokesperson that did not drain whatever little bit sympathy I can muster for their cause.
                                                Smarmy pricks every one of them.

Comment

Okay, really fuck me. Why oh why did I go onto twitter and reddit there? In the pre Internet world I would have been able to watch the news tonight and get the essential idea of what happened and get more detail in the papers over the coming days and sanitized photos of the crash site.

In the Internet world I have videos of dead bodies at the scene and intercepted chat from Russian militants about the shoot down.

Too much.
                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

In all the years and all their various governments I've yet to see or hear a single Israeli spokesperson that did not drain whatever little bit sympathy I can muster for their cause.
                                                    Smarmy pricks every one of them.
                                                    Veering towards 'wacist!' there

Could say the same about the various 'Friends of Palestine' spokesmen. There was some blonde dimbo on Prime Time just now. Chuckled imagining what her life would be like under her buddies in Hamas.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                      Then maybe he can drop a few bombs in Israel to stop them bombing kids
                                                      I prefer just to think they're bombing Gazza, and Paul McGrath might be next. Like it makes any difference.

Comment

Also looting of wreckage has occurred it seems, including taking of suitcases and passenger wallets, etc.

Comment

Also looting of wreckage has occurred it seems, including taking of suitcases and passenger wallets, etc.
                                                          My mate married a Ukranian chick and spent some time there said it was dirt poor.

Any crash scene in a normal place would have been sealed off and policed heavily.

That part is a cluster fuck at moment and im guessing peoples logic is the dead need nothing.

Comment

My mate married a Ukranian chick and spent some time there said it was dirt poor.

Any crash scene in a normal place would have been sealed off and policed heavily.

That part is a cluster fuck at moment and im guessing peoples logic is the dead need nothing.
                                                            Fairly obvious from the graphic nature of photos and videos floating around that the scene was not cordoned off. Will be in the interests of 'security' in the area to sabotage any proper investigation into the incident too, and let the details be a matter of dispute.

Comment

Next longhaul flight im going on cash is going up my arse some looter wants to rob my dead body can earn his pilfered booty.

Comment

Funny enough I did that very thing today but you have to put in a bit of ground work.

Procedure as follows:
                                                                Ring and say you're interested in joining and wouldn't mind having a look around, you could ring in the morning and book it for the evening no problem.
                                                                Turn up with your gear, listen to a 5 min sales pitch, tell them you'll have a think about it and meanwhile ask could you give the facilities a try. Works like a charm.

Obv a lot of effort to go to for a swim but there's nothing like a 50m pool and NAC and Westwood out of action this week. Also the facility really is worth seeing, the non-chlorinated water is the dog's bollix.

Comment

Selling my Asus Transformer Infinity 64gb for anyone that might be interested http://www.adverts.ie/tablet/asus-tr...mpagne/2945685

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                                                    Balderdash. It never did me any harm.
                                                                    See my earlier diagnosis.

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                                                                    Selling my Asus Transformer Infinity 64gb for anyone that might be interested http://www.adverts.ie/tablet/asus-tr...mpagne/2945685
                                                                    Is it because of the Brain Rays that those things give out?
                                                                    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                      See my earlier diagnosis.

Is it because of the Brain Rays that those things give out?
                                                                      No, not really

Comment

The Israeli incursion will be very quick. Netanyahu gets political credit at home and Hamas\Islamic Jihad get to redig their tunnels, rebuild their stocks of toy missiles and get on with imposing their Stone Age culture. The most interesting dynamic in that conflict is not Israel-Hamas. It's PLO-Hamas.
                                                                        PLO-Hamas sounds like the potential nut game.
                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

When my cousin was killed in an accident in Thailand the ambulance crew stole his watch and jewellery.

The nut cunt thing to do. No matter what your poverty level.
                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                            PLO-Hamas sounds like the potential nut game.
                                                                            have a read of this. From a reasonable Israeli source.

This is the time for Israel to collaborate with Egypt and provide the Palestinian Authority (PA) with the possibility of returning to Gaza.

Comment

Sanctions.
                                                                              I realise there are a lot of variables before this would come to pass but could this be a first step back to a cold war type scenario or would the threat or sanctions themselves be enough for Putin to think, "fuk it, I'll let this Ukraine stuff go, not worth the hassle".

Thanks for any thoughts, I'm relatively educated in the situation between Ukraine and the Russian dogs of war but know little of the repurcussions outside of that immediate area. I do realise there will always be repercussions.

Comment

This aggression will not stand, man.
                                                                                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                  .....the ambulance crew stole his watch and jewellery.

......
                                                                                  Alleged or established fact?

Comment

When my cousin was killed in an accident in Thailand the ambulance crew stole his watch and jewellery.

The nut cunt thing to do. No matter what your poverty level.
                                                                                    Ah jesus thats terrible.
                                                                                    I was in Vietnam for xmas and on a busy beach mate was snoring hungover.
                                                                                    Went for a swim and buried wallet under my towel.

Was windy and when came back bloody towel had blown away and couldnt find wallet.
                                                                                    Was two hot russians about 20 feet away and took me over an hour of furious digging
                                                                                    like a giant sweaty turtle to find it.
                                                                                    Must have thought was a terrible freak.
                                                                                    Only got it as a present off mother id have left it felt quite sheepish filled in giant hole and legged it to the pub.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                      I realise there are a lot of variables before this would come to pass but could this be a first step back to a cold war type scenario or would the threat or sanctions themselves be enough for Putin to think, "fuk it, I'll let this Ukraine stuff go, not worth the hassle".

Thanks for any thoughts, I'm relatively educated in the situation between Ukraine and the Russian dogs of war but know little of the repurcussions outside of that immediate area. I do realise there will always be repercussions.
                                                                                      I may be retarded, but the only possible new cold war I see is between China and Everyoneelse.

Comment

Okay, really fuck me. Why oh why did I go onto twitter and reddit there? In the pre Internet world I would have been able to watch the news tonight and get the essential idea of what happened and get more detail in the papers over the coming days and sanitized photos of the crash site.

In the Internet world I have videos of dead bodies at the scene and intercepted chat from Russian militants about the shoot down.

Too much.
                                                                                        I'd rather see this stuff, heartbreaking as it is, I find people care far less when it is sanitized and washed down and people are too apathetic as it is. Horrible photos

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                          The man lost his cousin in an accident.
                                                                                          I'm sure your question is important to him and will be answered when an operator is available.

Comment

Alleged I suppose. His girlfriend who was a pillion passenger (he was killed in a motorbike accident) said the stuff was missing when they got to the hospital.

Could've happened at the crash scene I suppose, she would've been hysterical, but she claims it was the Ambulance crew.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                              The man lost his cousin in an accident.
                                                                                              I'm sure your question is important to him and will be answered when an operator is available.
                                                                                              Cheers man, honestly took no offence and didn't read it that way. But I do appreciate your post.

Comment

have a read of this. From a reasonable Israeli source.
                                                                                                LOL
                                                                                                Veering towards 'wacist!' there

Could say the same about the various 'Friends of Palestine' spokesmen. There was some blonde dimbo on Prime Time just now. Chuckled imagining what her life would be like under her buddies in Hamas.
                                                                                                Don't disagree with the second part but the first part is really infuriating. Its another spin along the same lines as the absurd correlation they have now somehow established as fact (its not) that Anti Zionist is the same as anti Semitic.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                    I'd rather see this stuff, heartbreaking as it is, I find people care far less when it is sanitized and washed down and people are too apathetic as it is. Horrible photos
                                                                                                    I've never once felt the need to view this sort of stuff - from 9/11 to beheadings in Chechnya and Iraq, just no interest and know it would adversely impact me to watch 'em. Always remember the ashen face of a coworker from my first 'real' job in San Francisco back in 2000, he had watched some vid online of a Chechen cutting some poor young Russian conscript's throat, my friend wasn't the same for daygs afterwards. Not for me!

Comment

...

Comment

Glyn, would you feel the comparisons (of Gaza) to the Warsaw ghetto made in this blog post are close?

Before you read it, if you're not familiar with the blog in question, the author has written quite extensively about the horrors of the holocaust, and particularly his visits to Auscwitz, so imo, he can't, unlike arguably some others on the opposite side of your argument be labelled as anti-semitic.

Comment

Alleged I suppose. His girlfriend who was a pillion passenger (he was killed in a motorbike accident) said the stuff was missing when they got to the hospital.

Could've happened at the crash scene I suppose, she would've been hysterical, but she claims it was the Ambulance crew.
                                                                                                          I'm glad you didn't take any offence at my question, as it was not in any way intended to cause any. It's just I've been reading a load of shit on the internet regarding the Gaza thing and the aeroplane thing and it occurred to me that the majority we read is merely propaganda - bolstered by hearsay and rumour.
                                                                                                          Your story was triggered by hearing that people were robbing wallets from the dead at the crash site. This - at this time - is purely rumour. It stokes the fire of mistrust and 'hate'. It reminded me of the hilsbrough disaster and the Sun's treatment of some liverpool fans. Until fact can be established, we should refrain from accusing/publishing things. It puts the accused in a very difficult position.
                                                                                                          Your story is tragic and I truely feel for your loss. It may well be true and his girlfriend could well be correct but - until fact can be established - we cant accuse anybody. For all we know, the ambulance crew in Vietnam could be doing a top notch job, but a lack of trust could affect that, which in the long term could have dire consequences to other stricken individuals.

tldr;
                                                                                                          no offence bro

Comment

...

Comment

Cheers man, honestly took no offence and didn't read it that way. But I do appreciate your post.
                                                                                                              I haven't figured out how to thank a post on my phone yet, it just seemed a little insensitive to me but that'd not important as long as you fine gentlemen understand each other.

My sincere condolences, I''ve lost far too many people close to me under 'sudden' circumstances, It simply shakes you to the core, can't think of any other way to describe it.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post

WP Sun

Comment

I'm glad you didn't take any offence at my question, as it was not in any way intended to cause any. It's just I've been reading a load of shit on the internet regarding the Gaza thing and the aeroplane thing and it occurred to me that the majority we read is merely propaganda - bolstered by hearsay and rumour.
                                                                                                                    Your story was triggered by hearing that people were robbing wallets from the dead at the crash site. This - at this time - is purely rumour. It stokes the fire of mistrust and 'hate'. It reminded me of the hilsbrough disaster and the Sun's treatment of some liverpool fans. Until fact can be established, we should refrain from accusing/publishing things. It puts the accused in a very difficult position.
                                                                                                                    Your story is tragic and I truely feel for your loss. It may well be true and his girlfriend could well be correct but - until fact can be established - we cant accuse anybody. For all we know, the ambulance crew in Vietnam could be doing a top notch job, but a lack of trust could affect that, which in the long term could have dire consequences to other stricken individuals.

tldr;
                                                                                                                    no offence bro
                                                                                                                    It's pretty amazing what you accept as fact isn't it?

The more I think about my cousin's accident now the more plausible it seems that his girlfriend was mistaken.

Ambulance crews by their very nature are altruistic individuals, they're not usually in the job for personal gain, it's so much more likely that in the confusion and chaos of the event, and in the time spent waiting for said crew to arrive, someone at the scene stole his belongings.

I never really questioned it before until now.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                                      Morten Gamst Pederson lining out for Rosenborg. Decent scalp and 2 away goals. Hopefully Dundalk can peg Split back.
                                                                                                                      Should have been 3-0; missed a couple of serious chances and their goal was soft as fuck!

Still considering you could fit Sligo town into their stadium it wasn't a bad result

Comment

It seems totally incredible to me now that everyone spent that evening as though it were just like any other. From the railway station came the sound of shunting trains, ringing and rumbling, softened almost into melody by the distance. It all seemed so safe and tranquil.
                                                                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

This is the same Russians who used to plant bombs in Moscow and claim it was the Chechen's

Cunts gonna cunt

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X