This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
    I foresaw this so I do actually. Any easy way to post from phone? Will post from laptop later
    It's gone through you already?

White writing will get you!
    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
      Sharkcage is the biggest heap of shit i've ever had the misfortune to lay my eyes on. Absolute drivel. I've nothing good to say about it at all!
      I was laughing at how bad it was. It's a really awkward cross of a game show and poker. It would be like splicing together chess and supermarket sweep and chess.

Seems like it'll last months though.

Comment

Sharkcage is the biggest heap of shit i've ever had the misfortune to lay my eyes on. Absolute drivel. I've nothing good to say about it at all!
        Recorded it & watched it earlier, stupid box stopped recording when they got HU. Couldnt give a fuck who won really anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
          I was laughing at how bad it was. It's a really awkward cross of a game show and poker. It would be like splicing together chess and supermarket sweep and chess.

Seems like it'll last months though.
          6 more weeks surely? 5 more SnG qualifiers and the 6 handed final table.

Really wanted that online qualifier to bust. Seemed like a very unlikeable cunt.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Really wanted that online qualifier to bust. Seemed like a very unlikeable cunt.
              And that was at a table of unlikeable cunts.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                @ Hotspur: What did you think of Our Few and Evil Days?

Went to the matinee today, found it immensely powerful, still can't get the final scene out of my head. Really top notch performances.

Only irritant was a group of fuckwits behind me who laughed and giggled through the whole performance.
                Well, funny you should ask. Spoilered on the off chance...

SPOILER
                I am a dissenter to popular opinion on this play. I think it's a fucking joke, and I actually think that O'Rowe might actually have been joking with it. Suicide, filicide, rape, incest, lol. Layered on with shovel after shovel, it is a ridiculous play with some awful dialogue imo.

Now I'm 90% sure that O'Rowe that taking the piss out of theatre dialogue with his departure from his preferred monologues to the utterly unrealistic features of the responding in the dialogue, the "Mary went to the shops. Then she bought a cake." "Mary?" "Yeah, Mary."

And the final scene, lol. Ridiculous nonsense, and the shock of the audience, more like a cheap horror film. How he thought that cheap stunt was a good idea is beyond me. Unless he was taking the piss.

I don't actually know if O'Rowe is a good playwright or not. I've only seen Howie / The Rookie of his other stuff and didn't think that was all that great. But this was taking the very well worn structure of revelation throughout a play and making a farce out of the secrets. It was only short of some cannibalism and paedophilia. And the early plot with "Nidge" really being after the ma, lol, ridiculous crap.

Loved the set though. I would happily live there. And Ciaran Hinds was allowed one or two good scenes to show his brilliant acting, unfortunately Vaughan-Lawlor wasn't.

I seem to be alone in thinking that this is trash, but I am resolute in this. I think it's a badly written and ludicrous play which just set out to shock.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                  Recorded it & watched it earlier, stupid box stopped recording when they got HU. Couldnt give a fuck who won really anyway.
                  Mine missed the last few mins too because the program before overran by about 5 minutes, but just caught the end of the game. They only showed 1 hand headsup.

SPOILER
                  Jason shoves J2s and Qualifier calls with A7 and holds

Comment

Cheers keV for the free monies

Comment

Nothing wrong with an Irish (ginger) beard. Though mine's days are numbered by Movember.

Comment

Why not just another season of The Big Game. That was decent.

Comment

The Ft was 8 handed. That qualifier IS a cunt.

Comment

Just took him 20 odd years to realise I guess......

Comment

Moral question, youve just been handed some very sensitive information regarding an enemy of yours

Do you use it to destroy said person or do you use it to destroy said person

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Finkel View Post
                                Moral question, youve just been handed some very sensitive information regarding an enemy of yours

Usually the done thing is sign up a new account and post it.

Comment

You don't seem the sort of person who would have enemies.

Comment

It was just resting in Sickpuppy's account

Comment

Sit on it until the day you might require

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                        yeah that's the weird thing. The beard is ginger. Now that's been clear for the last few weeks, but seems more ginger now after the formal beard trim.
                                        Due to the jobs i had and have, either face masks or beard masks have had to be worn, so no real chance to stick with a beard, i stuck it out a few years ago and according to friends and wife it didn't suit me, the male curse is truly shaving.
                                        Last edited by oleras; 22-10-14, 21:59.
                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

SPOILER
                                          I am a dissenter to popular opinion on this play. I think it's a fucking joke, and I actually think that O'Rowe might actually have been joking with it. Suicide, filicide, rape, incest, lol. Layered on with shovel after shovel, it is a ridiculous play with some awful dialogue imo.

Now I'm 90% sure that O'Rowe that taking the piss out of theatre dialogue with his departure from his preferred monologues to the utterly unrealistic features of the responding in the dialogue, the "Mary went to the shops. Then she bought a cake." "Mary?" "Yeah, Mary."

And the final scene, lol. Ridiculous nonsense, and the shock of the audience, more like a cheap horror film. How he thought that cheap stunt was a good idea is beyond me. Unless he was taking the piss.

I don't actually know if O'Rowe is a good playwright or not. I've only seen Howie / The Rookie of his other stuff and didn't think that was all that great. But this was taking the very well worn structure of revelation throughout a play and making a farce out of the secrets. It was only short of some cannibalism and paedophilia. And the early plot with "Nidge" really being after the ma, lol, ridiculous crap.

Loved the set though. I would happily live there. And Ciaran Hinds was allowed one or two good scenes to show his brilliant acting, unfortunately Vaughan-Lawlor wasn't.

I seem to be alone in thinking that this is trash, but I am resolute in this. I think it's a badly written and ludicrous play which just set out to shock.
                                          Didn't see that coming! My thoughts fwiw:

SPOILER
                                          I found the dialogue quite appropriate tbh, the whole repetition/clarification thing added to the authentic awkwardness of the opening scene and was mainly used by Sinead Cusack afterwards, tying in to her distrait air.

Actually had a debate with the missus afterwards about the final scene, she found it a little OTT. I found the revelation itself far more shocking and the final scene a fitting portrayal of the horror of the nights endured by Cusack.

The argument scene between Hinds and Cusack was as well acted a scene as I've seen, Hinds in particular was truly outstanding. Thought Vaughan Lawlor played the gormless suitor quite well. Would agree his infatuation with the girlfriend's mother added nothing.

I take your point that several of the themes were deliberately shocking and outrageous but what I took from the play and what stays with me strongly even as I write is the power of the enduring love between Hinds and Cusack.

Comment

I actually found an old email i sent my pic beard to.

This is why we should have a secret members only corner akin to know your beards.
                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Finally went to the hairdressers today and asked Mario to do what he could to the homeless-chic beard due to the dismayed and often scared looks I'd been receiving around the uni and from my own kid. Gave him no advice though as hadn't thought that bit through. Mario rambled on for a bit, slightly intelligibly, as I nodded encouragingly. As he started getting excited he made a few shapes with his hands on my face presumably to show angles he would cut at or whatever. He even made some snipping motions with his fingers too which was a nice touch. And then off he went about his business. The fcker! The absolute fcker. He made me into a Denny Crane! A cooler version obv, but still a Denny Crane. The fcker. Only realised it there when asked the wife to take a photo to show the future grandkids. Clearly this is sue-able, but how much money is Mario likely to have?
                                              I've been moving into homeless beard territory the last couple of weeks, good to see balance restored.
                                              Originally posted by hotspur View Post

SPOILER

Snagged a ticket for this tomorrow, will read then. Sold out with rave reviews but that just leaves me slightly apprehensive considering the cast.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                I've been moving into homeless beard territory the last couple of weeks, good to see balance restored.

Show us a pic !!

I was out for dinner and drinkies tonight, its the second anniversary of my ingrown toenail op, how fast 2 years go !

Collie, you have an anniversary around now too ?
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Only 1 more day at work until 10 days off which includes a week in Vegas. I've lost about 7kg in the last 5 1/2 weeks and I expect I'll put about 5 of that back on before I come back

Comment

Anyone watch From Dusk Till Dawn the tv series?

Binge watched the ten eps, don't think I'll be enduring the second season.
                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Going to a production of Stuart Carolan's (Love Hate creator) play Defender of the Faith tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Monaco are cunts
                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Anyone awake?
                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Comment

I see someone opened a Support Irish Water page on Facebook & is starting to troll all the anti water campaigns. I particularly liked the post about the office Christmas Party budget breakdown.

Comment

I love this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5gTOcoD0c0
                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Heyho!

What are things like entertainment wise over there?
                                                                  Pretty awesome... It is Hollywood after all!!
                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Comment

Comment

RTE radio news fireworks between Cathal and Shinner

I know SF are not the same as other parties but surely even Adams can't last this one out? Any odds being offered?
                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Have to give a talk to a professional body this morning on future trends in their industry. Don't really know anything about the industry though (compliance). Wish I'd realised this before now. Might have to drop a whole lot of bullshit bingo terms like 'top level view', 'let's take a step back for a minute'
                                                                          'extrapolating your synergies going forward' was one of my favourites. utter bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                            'extrapolating your synergies going forward' was one of my favourites. utter bullshit.
                                                                            rebaseline your expectations

Comment

The audit of Positive Action really has come up with some beauts. There should be annual awards for those that spend expenses on the best items.

Dog Kennels was good but they really took the biscuit spending close to €800 on alcohol at a Liver Disease Convention

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                rebaseline your expectations
                                                                                I have an interview in a few weeks and I'm going to throw that in with a straight face

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                    I have an interview in a few weeks and I'm going to throw that in with a straight face
                                                                                    I have no bandwidth to deal with this

For some reason, anyone who uses the phrase 'reach out to' is just dead to me forever

Comment

Give us some examples!
                                                                                      Heh not that easy to describe, but so far some of my favorite things are,
                                                                                      Malibu beach
                                                                                      Basketball games (clippers)
                                                                                      Rooftop bars
                                                                                      Women

Comment

Some good quality suggestions there. Also thinking of something along the lines of 'what you don't normally hear in a talk like this is...' Think that allows a fair bit of leeway as to what can follow.

'Unicorns, people. Why is no-one talking about the damn unicorns?!'
                                                                                        Still find it odd that the unicorn is the national animal of Scotland.
                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

...

Comment

Marvel have released age of ultron trailer
                                                                                            Get your first look at Ultron trying to tear apart Captain America, Iron Man, Thor and the rest of the world in the first official teaser trailer for Marvel'...
                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                              Still find it odd that the unicorn is the national animal of Scotland.
                                                                                              Scotland is not a nation

Comment

Hitch,

Just bamboozle them with a combination of freakonmics and the utlisation of smart big data techniques and highlight it's potential for improved methods of assessing compliance from a 360 helicopter perspective. Be very excited and breathless and imply those who don't get it will be left behind in the dark ages of ticking boxes. Simples.
                                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

...

Comment

What would I get a 'oh that guy looks swishy suit, lets hire him over the guy who is clearly brighter but lacks the same perfect sense of fashion' for, and where? Is around €500 / Louis Copeland the answer? (€500 = over/underspending?)
                                                                                                    600-800 imo would get you a very decent suit. Obviously this needs to be backed up with decent shoes, belt, shirt, tie

Paging V as I don't really know anything

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                      Hitch,

Just bamboozle them with a combination of freakonmics and the utlisation of smart big data techniques and highlight it's potential for improved methods of assessing compliance from a 360 helicopter perspective. Be very excited and breathless and imply those who don't get it will be left behind in the dark ages of ticking boxes. Simples.
                                                                                                      I see you've met my boss

Comment

"We need to schedule an ideas symposium to reflect the future values of your personal brand".

Subtitles - we need to talk about your performance.

Comment

What would I get a 'oh that guy looks swishy suit, lets hire him over the guy who is clearly brighter but lacks the same perfect sense of fashion' for, and where? Is around €500 / Louis Copeland the answer? (€500 = over/underspending?)
                                                                                                          €700 got me a great suit / two shirts / nice tie / belt / cufflinks in Louis Copelands. Very happy customer. If you need nice shoes to match, think another ~€200. Barter - the more you buy the more the sticker price becomes irrelevant.
                                                                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                            600-800 imo would get you a very decent suit. Obviously this needs to be backed up with decent shoes, belt, shirt, tie

Paging V as I don't really know anything
                                                                                                            I think if you know what you're looking for then €300 is reasonable, to be sure prob €500. I've one of each and the cheaper of the two is the most complemented.
                                                                                                            Word of advice, only have stripes in one of suit/shirt/tie not all. Learned that the hard way.

Comment

Di Maria is better than Fabregas, anyone disagree with that

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                                                I think if you know what you're looking for then €300 is reasonable, to be sure prob €500. I've one of each and the cheaper of the two is the most complemented.
                                                                                                                Word of advice, only have stripes in one of suit/shirt/tie not all. Learned that the hard way.
                                                                                                                Frank Slaugherty the stock trader at work. If you haven't seen this movie yet see it.

Comment

400 spent on a suit in somewhere like James Herren, a great shirt and tie plus shoes, cufflinks and collar stiffeners plus an all business haircut will do fine.

All in ~ 900 if you don't have some of this stuff already.

Other details like a good quality over suit business coat, an umberella and quality document holder are also very important. People let themselves down badly on details and undo all the good work by looking shit in the lobby or arriving into a business lunch with a cheap ass rainjacket over a suit because it's raining on the day.
                                                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Are you talking just the suit or the trappings too? Did I get ripped off?
                                                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

"We need to schedule an ideas symposium to reflect the future values of your personal brand".

Subtitles - we need to talk about your performance.
                                                                                                                      "we need to manage our client's perception of this"

We're fucked

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                        400 spent on a suit in somewhere like James Herren, a great shirt and tie plus shoes, cufflinks and collar stiffeners plus an all business haircut will do fine.

All in ~ 900 if you don't have some of this stuff already.

Other details like a good quality over suit business coat, an umberella and quality document holder are also very important. People let themselves down badly on details and undo all the good work by looking shit in the lobby or arriving into a business lunch with a cheap ass rainjacket over a suit because it's raining on the day.
                                                                                                                        clearly the most important detail of all

Comment

suggestion on coats?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X