X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

If you want a cow to come over just lie down and they will come over to you, nosey bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        I'll take 2%, ye both get 49% so then no-one has over 50%, and I'll play you both off against each other.

btw was in meeting an interesting startup yesterday where the main guy was saying he's just hiring IADT people at the moment as they have best design tech skills in the country. He himself was Trinity background so wasn't some favouritism thing.
        Nothing could come between us. We'll happily take your money.
        You are the CEO. Chief Entertainment Officer.
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Comment

I'll take 2%, ye both get 49% so then no-one has over 50%, and I'll play you both off against each other.

btw was in meeting an interesting startup yesterday where the main guy was saying he's just hiring IADT people at the moment as they have best design tech skills in the country. He himself was Trinity background so wasn't some favouritism thing.
            You can be Chairman.

Guy in charge of chairs.
            CEO and Junior Vice Presidents.
            Let's create a role for young Mick.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Finkel View Post
              Chicago Bulls obv
              This deserves way more love

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
              If you want a cow to come over just lie down and they will come over to you, nosey bastards.
              Yep, used to be a huge problem for British security forces in the north. THey would be lying in ambush in some farm, checking out a suspect house, and cows would just stroll up and start staring down at them.

Comment

...quick Betting question...mate of mine placed a bet with Boyle sports last night in the j league football...the bet won, but they said there was match fixing so can't pay out...is it allowed, I'm sure it Is but thought I'd confirm...and will they pay ou if it's shown to be not corrupt...

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                  You need to change to a ltd and pay yourself as a company director. You'll pay regular paye/prsi/usc and get the benefits that come with it.
                  I am and have done.
                  Ha, nice one, was under the impression I wasnt eligible.
                  Every day is a school day
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Boom! 90k research grant landed, safe until the end of 2015 and that brings me into contract of indefinite duration country. Delighted.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                        Boom! 90k research grant landed, safe until the end of 2015 and that brings me into contract of indefinite duration country. Delighted.
                        Great news!

What's the topic?
                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                          Great news!

What's the topic?
                          Protective layers to stop silicon oxidising when it's used to split water under sunlight.

Comment

Comment

Nice of them to save your budget gift until the day after in fairness
                              I thought I was doing well picking up a tenner a month for the kids

Comment

Protective layers to stop silicon oxidising when it's used to split water under sunlight.
                                Probably should have just gone with "science"
                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Great. I hate when my silicon oxidises like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                    Highly ambitious shout, but anyone who can sort me out with 2-3 tickets to Scotland Vs Ireland game next month it would be much appreciated.
                                    On sale on the Scottish FA website for the Scottish ends, probably safe enough.
                                    90 minute queue to get into the ticket site (link on this page)

Got onto it eventually. £35 a ticket, limited availability. Could only get 3 for some reason.
                                    Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 15-10-14, 16:20.

Comment

Comment

Any chance you could just try nickel and then pocket the 90k?

Comment

Just used a calculator to see if 8 divides evenly into 52. Slightly impressed that modern tech has even taken away ability to do the multiplication tables.
                                          Don't leave us hanging..

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                            Any chance you could just try nickel and then pocket the 90k?
                                            Regular reader of 'Science' mag are you?! They only managed 80 hours or something rubbish. They need to last 15 years. Manganese is where its at.

Comment

Just used a calculator to see if 8 divides evenly into 52. Slightly impressed that modern tech has even taken away ability to do the multiplication tables.
                                              I see this every day, bonus marks if you start using fingers or moving your lips.

Comment

Interesting.

If you need any characterisation, etc along the way we have most of the gear that would conceivably be needed.
                                                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                  Interesting.

If you need any characterisation, etc along the way we have most of the gear that would conceivably be needed.
                                                  Cool. Do you have a webpage with a list of techniques somewhere?

Comment

Comment

Somebody please take 180

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                        Somebody please take 180
                                                        Someone should just go after him and post 181 for all of his posts

Comment

My UPC/wifi has been bolloxed for some time now, constant disconnects so I am tethering off the phone mostly - which I don't mind if not for:

A: My phone battery being a sap
                                                          B: Paying for a Useless/unused service @53e a month (Tv+internet).

tl,dr: What are TV options available to someone in Dublin, in an apartment (Can't get a sat dish), is it still possible to get that free to air tv shit?

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                            The taoiseach and plenty of FG td's heckle ML constantly and the CC never stops them. whatever about SF's recent proposals (and even I think it's getting bizarre) The CC is ridiculously terrible when it comes to applying Standing Order's against opposition TD's vs. FG ones.
                                                            Do you watch Dail tv or something?

You are genuinely one of the few people who cares. It's not like anything worthwhile is ever said in the Dail anyway.
                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

What is graphene and how can I make $$$$ out of it? Science grad working with me was hyperventilating with excitement over it.

Comment

it's two fingers hitch!

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                My UPC/wifi has been bolloxed for some time now, constant disconnects so I am tethering off the phone mostly - which I don't mind if not for:

tl,dr: What are TV options available to someone in Dublin, in an apartment (Can't get a sat dish), is it still possible to get that free to air tv shit?
                                                                Have you asked them? i asked them about my net, they said the cable at the wall may be minutely lose, I turned it fractionally and no issues since. If not they will just send you an engineer.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                  Do you watch Dail tv or something?

You are genuinely one of the few people who cares. It's not like anything worthwhile is ever said in the Dail anyway.
                                                                  I know it means little in the grand scheme of things, but someone who is obviously biased who then gets uppity when called on it is annoying.
                                                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

What is graphene and how can I make $$$$ out of it? Science grad working with me was hyperventilating with excitement over it.
                                                                    Selotape on a lump of pencil lead.

Take off selotape.

Dissolve the plastic.

Wahey graphene.

Sell it to the Japanese or something.
                                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

dads know everything

Comment

Nexus 6 available for pre-order starting in late October. Been waiting for this since my nexus 5 was stolen... YESHHH!
                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                          I know it means little in the grand scheme of things, but someone who is obviously biased who then gets uppity when called on it is annoying.
                                                                          Who was the best Ceann Comhairle in your opinion?

Comment

3220 mAh battery, nice

Multiple users for phones. If you forget your phone, you still can call any of your friends (or access any of your messages, photos etc.) by simply logging into another Android phone running Lollipop
                                                                            ooh

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                            Last edited by Denny Crane; 15-10-14, 19:26.

Comment

Any price rumours?
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                Any price rumours?
                                                                                Not much cheaper than the new iphone going by the looks of things. ~$650 in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post

It could be one of a few problems with your router. Their could be loads of competing wifi networks nearby causing interference (most likely as your in an apartment) or a faulty router. Out of curiosity, does every device drop off completely or is it just your laptop?

Download the wifi analyzer app to your phone. Once you run a scan, pick a new wifi channel for your router. Pick one that is not occupied if possible. If most are occupied pick the one that has the weakest signal to compete with. Loads of tutorials online for this. If you need help with the router settings/login, feel free to shoot me a PM.

If that doesn't improve things, best bet is to call UPC and demand/ask nicely for a new router.

Comment

Any price rumours?
                                                                                    New approach it seems.

Google’s new Nexus 6 smartphone, Nexus 9 tablet and Nexus Player set-top box are priced slightly below, or in line with, competing devices from Apple.

At 5.9 inches diagonally, the Nexus 6 is larger than Apple’s new iPhone 6 Plus, which measures 5.5 inches. It will sell for $649, compared with $749 for the iPhone 6 Plus. Last year, Google introduced the Nexus 5 at $349.

Mr. Pichai said the goal of Nexus products is not to sell lots of devices, but to provide a “roadmap” to help other Android device makers, such as Samsung Electronics Co. , develop similar products.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                      Nexus 6 available for pre-order starting in late October. Been waiting for this since my nexus 5 was stolen... YESHHH!
                                                                                      No pricing yet and it's expected that it'll be quite a bit dearer than a normal Nexus phone, especially as they are not discontinuing the 5.

Edit: seems there are prices, but not good ones sadly, although I wasn't going to buy it anyhow. IT does look like fantastic phone in terms of spec though.
                                                                                      Last edited by 6starpool; 15-10-14, 19:21.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                        No pricing yet and it's expected that it'll be quite a bit dearer than a normal Nexus phone, especially as they are not discontinuing the 5.

Edit: seems there are prices, but not good ones sadly, although I wasn't going to buy it anyhow. IT does look like fantastic phone in terms of spec though.
                                                                                        Should have a 16 man heads up for $40 a pop and winner gets a brand new phone :P
                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                          Should have a 16 man heads up for $40 a pop and winner gets a brand new phone :P
                                                                                          You could just win Us all a ton of cash and we will buy them
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

You could just win Us all a ton of cash and we will buy them
                                                                                            Judging by this week... No, no I could not.
                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

...
                                                                                              Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 15-10-14, 20:20. Reason: my=me

Comment

It's a two dimensional sheet of carbon which is far stronger than steel and far more conductive than most metals. If you could deposit it controllably and manipulate it, it would revolutionise microelectronics. Currently though, most of it is made by sticking a piece of sellotape on a piece of pencil lead and ripping it off.
                                                                                                The EU are fucking boatloads of money at it, and it's one of two flagship projects of the Horizon2020 initiative, along with the Human Brain Project

Comment

Nexus 7 (2012): RIP due to a French drinking incident in June 2013
                                                                                                  It ain't RIP, its re-incarnated. Still going strong.

Comment

...

Comment

...
                                                                                                      Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 15-10-14, 20:24.

Comment

It's a two dimensional sheet of carbon which is far stronger than steel and far more conductive than most metals. If you could deposit it controllably and manipulate it, it would revolutionise microelectronics. Currently though, most of it is made by sticking a piece of sellotape on a piece of pencil lead and ripping it off.
                                                                                                        The EU are fucking boatloads of money at it, and it's one of two flagship projects of the Horizon2020 initiative, along with the Human Brain Project
                                                                                                        yes, yes

I don't really care what it is, or understand. It's the money bit I want to know about. This geek in work was adamant it would revolutionise everything.

Comment

We're still working our way through those Jim Al-Kalili BBC4 shows you recommended. He's a top man for the explaining. Current series is Atom - almost nearly finally get the big bang theory. His electromagnetics one is next. Such a class set of shows.
                                                                                                          Hmm...can't imagine there's an easy way to explain electromagnetism. Actually haven't watched that one, but will do soon. Serious BBC4 backlog on the Sky+ at the moment. What a channel.

Comment

Nice bit on the Pokerstars blog bout Daragh Davey taking down Player of the Year and Q&A with "The Firm"

Comment

yes, yes

I don't really care what it is, or understand. It's the money bit I want to know about. This geek in work was adamant it would revolutionise everything.
                                                                                                              OK, you need to figure out how to make a graphene transistor so supersede silicon based ones, set up a semiconductor company that has several billion to invest in fabrication facilities and then put Intel out of business.
                                                                                                              I can look into trying to make the transistor work for you if you have a few million to throw in DCU's direction

Comment

...

Comment

Quick Raoul ... counter-offer with chef's table at Chapter One
                                                                                                                  nah, fuck him.

I'm still bitter over Coffee or GTFO

Comment

Sons Nexus7 stopped charging last night, tried a different charger and still the same, no lightning bolt on the battery icon, it is not drained, about 40% still so i have it off for the moment.

A quick Google says either the battery is fubar or its the USB connector, this seems a tad loose.

Ill open it tomorrow and have a gander but anyone any experience with this issue ?
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Got an email from 123.ie, car insurance is up shortly, this year is exactly 40% more expensive that last year it seems, jumped from 392.80 to 549.23.

Shower of robbing cunts if they expect me to pay that much.
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

nah, fuck him.

I'm still bitter over Coffee or GTFO
                                                                                                                        Actually my friend's brother has the coffee van that works the Clontarf circuit. Usually down at the wooden bridge afaik. Think I prefer my warm office tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                          Got an email from 123.ie, car insurance is up shortly, this year is exactly 40% more expensive that last year it seems, jumped from 392.80 to 549.23.

Shower of robbing cunts if they expect me to pay that much.
                                                                                                                          nononsense wanted double last year's rate for my midlife crisis Z3. Went elsewhere for only 20% more. Seems all of the premium's are way up.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X