This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
    jumped on the bandwagon and ordered me somma dat shit too. Have been taking serotonin and amino acid supplements, so gonna add it to keep the focus.

yeay pills.
    What product is this ye're going mad for?

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
      What product is this ye're going mad for?
      Korean Ginseng. it's da bomb

That's what they're saying anyway!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
        Caught Joe on the back of Oleras' recommendation. Thoroughly enjoyable flick.
        It was wasn't it !

He really pulled that performance from nowhere, 100% redemption for his past performances based on that.

I would even consider him for True Detective next year.
        This too shall pass.

Comment

@ ElSham Hotsspur and whoever else likes Radio 4 comedy type stuff

I really enjoyed This weeks comedy podcast The new Blur album (only a couple of days left to grab it ) I'm sure it won't be to everyone's taste but I thought it was very well written.
          Hadn't heard of the writer John Osborne before will be watching out for more from him, I see he has something with Ardal O'Hanlon in it coming on to TV next year.
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by CHaD View Post
            The English chappies are alot like spiders. They are more afraid of you than you are of them. Chelsea is a grand old spot, should have had a few in Brogans, nice Irish pub. Pretty sure the firms from 20 years ago won't be knocking around the stadium on the look out for Irish Wear your tricolour next time.

Meant to be a cool venue. Shneak a Shnakey naggin in. Probably 20 pound for a drink.
            Not bad actually
            £4.50 for a pint

Venue is a bit weird, reminds me of 3 different places in london + trying to build a history it doesn't have with pictures of bands in different places (looks cheap). Would be much better with pics of people who have played here and build it.

They were looking for a manager about 6 months ago, nearly applief , probably should have!

Sound system looks savage enough!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
              Not bad actually
              £4.50 for a pint

Venue is a bit weird, reminds me of 3 different places in london + trying to build a history it doesn't have with pictures of bands in different places (looks cheap). Would be much better with pics of people who have played here and build it.

They were looking for a manager about 6 months ago, nearly applief , probably should have!

Sound system looks savage enough!
              there's an irish pub near me, i think it's the grottiest, dingiest pub i've ever seen. i don't think anything in there dates past 1981, and the clientele is interesting to say the least.

Comment

Black Dave at it again tonight in the 9:20, looking for a much better ride this time

edit: Just specifying that I am not tipping this! just noticed the name again
                Last edited by mdoug; 10-10-14, 19:56.
                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by NiceandcoolTrig View Post
                  Connacht treviso can be watched at below link. You need to register but it's fairly straighforward.

https://www.italiasmart.tv/canali-tv/nuvolari
                  Scrappy game, reffed poorly but big win. Connacht have twelve more points from the first six games than they had from the corresponding fixtures last season. Very promising with the likes of Harris Wright, Muliaina, Browne due back from injury in the next couple of weeks and McCartney and Aki arriving.

Comment

Anyone going to the demo tomorrow?

Right2Water is a citizens’ campaign supported by trade unions Unite, Mandate, the CPSU and OPATSI, as well as by Sinn Fein, People Before Profit, the Anti Austerity Alliance and the Workers’ Party. The campaign is also supported by a range of community groups and individual activists.
                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

there's an irish pub near me, i think it's the grottiest, dingiest pub i've ever seen. i don't think anything in there dates past 1981, and the clientele is interesting to say the least.
                      Was in one last night in chisick. Ropey but passable until the football ended and they put on the ropiest shit music. Skulled the pint and out.

Chadley was talking to the doorman, Romans rule, pub prices in the venue!

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                        It was wasn't it !

He really pulled that performance from nowhere, 100% redemption for his past performances based on that.

I would even consider him for True Detective next year.
                        I haven't seen him in much lately but he was awesome in raising Arizona and leaving las Vegas. Should check them out of unseen.

Comment

Was in one last night in chisick. Ropey but passable until the football ended and they put on the ropiest shit music. Skulled the pint and out.

Chadley was talking to the doorman, Romans rule, pub prices in the venue!
                          dingy in chiswick does not make the grade against dingy in camden. it's a whole other level of crazy and fuckedness.

I've run out of excuses and explanations for the kids trying to explain the crazies in this part of town.

this guy we passed today (and got the obligatory question from son number 1: "what's that man doing?") was walking around in a circle in front of the supermarket cursing the government. He had in each hand a wheel tied to the end of a piece of stick, and was leaning into his corners as he was talking. he actually looked quite normal.

Comment

Ja Wobble playing Carter takes a train makes shambles a very happy boy!

Comment

Sharp will post a Camden story later. Too busy with the Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                When I came back to Ireland first, a guy contacted me and goes 'Michael, can't believe we haven't met for ages'. So I met up with him. Didn't recognise him, but he recognised me. We've been doing this every six months or so now with increasing levels of drunkenness each time. Meeting him this evening.

The thing is, he keeps mentioning some of the things we did before, and I'm now fairly certain he never actually knew me at all, even though he thinks he did. Must be someone else with a similar name. Like, there's stuff in 'our past' about football matches we played. He is great fun to be around though.

I just try to change the subject when he brings up the past now as its an uncomfortable reminder that when we're out having fun there's another real Michael out there who really did actually know him in the past and who should be enjoying these evenings.
                                fwiw, I knew of you long, long before IrishPokerBoards or anything like that.

Have a friend that has the same name as you (obv won't mention for googling reasons). He's fairly boring and mundane, so one day he said something like "who me?" and I say "no, the other fucking [insert your name]". He says something stupid like "there is another [insert name] actually, I looked up my name on google before". I then probably called him a spastic.
                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Thanks to doug for sending me this:

The Wife Zone Chart [Official Video], How to pick a girl, How to Pick A Wife with The wife Zone Chart.The wife zone chart will help you.How to find a girlfri...

Nails it. Unicorn zone.
                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

was googling the doc who did my face today,and came across this!

Lovely girl, stunning actually
                                    Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                      was googling the doc who did my face today,and came across this!

Lovely girl, stunning actually
                                      I remember chatting to my own dentist and she mentioned about when socially out and about and people hear she is a dentist they ask her all sorts, i agreeably laughed with her and said something like " I know, ridiculous, its not as if you are a doctor"...bitch hurt me that day.
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

I remember chatting to my own dentist and she mentioned about when socially out and about and people hear she is a dentist they ask her all sorts, i agreeably laughed with her and said something like " I know, ridiculous, its not as if you are a doctor"...bitch hurt me that day.
                                        I was morto today after she injected me with fillers and says " can I put my finger in your mouth" lol she had to massage the filler. she was laughing away , was funny in fairness
                                        Her sky-ness
                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by NiceandcoolTrig View Post
                                          Scrappy game, reffed poorly but big win. Connacht have twelve more points from the first six games than they had from the corresponding fixtures last season. Very promising with the likes of Harris Wright, Muliaina, Browne due back from injury in the next couple of weeks and McCartney and Aki arriving.
                                          Connacht definitely weren't great, but nice to see them win ugly all the same Felt I was close to understanding Italian towards the end of the stream!

Comment

lol what the fuck is Noel Edmonds talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                              Is Noel down the well ?
                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

right im off to bed! went to bed at midnight last night got up at 5 am to drop my luverly hubby off at the airport, after making mia's lunch as she demanded going to school for fear of missing drama where as I wanted to keep her at home as she wasnt well to begin with ( school rang previous day to say she was sick) anyhoo she went

Got back to town at 8.20 much to Mia's delight . gave her 2 quid to treat herself in shop beside school before she went in ( emptied lunchbox earlier, tinfoil not a crease on it obv, dog got ham sambo)

I went to a business expo in Rathdowney to listen a young wan drone on about the power of social media when in business, not good for our stand ( a newspaper) and then Gavin Duffy who was very entertaining!

Went with my boss ( female) I started chatting up the finer beside me who made hand made kitchens and offered him a double page spread for half the price ( she wasnt impressed) he deffo fanicied me (she agreed)

I had to leave at 4.30 ( face problems appointments ) she said " michelle , You are so funny , one of the funniest fuckers i have ever met, 3 month review should go well she goes.

anyway you know me , I like to type and talk shite while pissed
                                                Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

He made a very strange comment about whether the ongoing jimmy saville et al enquiries would make children any safer.
                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Anybody see any films they loved recently? Dish em out.

Comment

Is Noel down the well ?
                                                      He lies on electromagnetic bed for 8 minutes a day to fix his blood cells. Its science!

Comment

He lies on electromagnetic bed for 8 minutes a day to fix his blood cells. Its science!
                                                        Do not mock what we do not yet understand !
                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                          Another fucker that has me on ignore obv.
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

I don't think anyone has mentioned anything recently on here anyhow about decent films to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                              As far as I know the person in question (of course a splendid person such as myself has contacts tied to my Google account) cannot download any new apps such as Helium are not the solution.
                                                              Another fucker that has me on ignore obv.
                                                              You try and sell a nic cage to people, it's not happening

Looks good though.

Comment

Sharp will post a Camden story later. Too busy with the Bliss
                                                                May have posed this before but...

Was at a gig in Camden; mate didn't show so was full on Sir William Butler (no mates)

Quite drunk and go into this Irish/Jamaican pub, sitting at bar when huge black guy comes over:
                                                                "What part of Ireland are you from"

I look up, think FUCK and prepare for worst

"What part of Ireland are you from?"

Sligo; WHY?

"Thought so; I was raised by a family from Sligo"

The fucking relief when he smiled after saying that

Turns out he is the doorman
                                                                We start taking and I promise him a rovers scarf

Have said scarf in London but haven't been out yet

Hope the fucker still works there because if he does I'm golden
                                                                Last edited by Guest; 10-10-14, 22:20.

Comment

You try and sell a nic cage to people, it's not happening

Looks good though.
                                                                  I was his greatest critic, only working because of who his Godfather is etc.

hated leaving Las Vegas, Raising Arizona...meh

Joe...well worth a watch.

Has anyone seen Tom lately, hes gone very quiet.
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Watched this last night...

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                    Watched Starred Up just now. Excellent film, highly recommend.
                                                                    +1

Great gritty prison film.
                                                                    Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                                                    Someone recommended Starred Up here a few days ago. I just watched it. Quality flick.
                                                                    I love these type of films, but I was extremely disappointed in this one. Didn't find it gritty at all, so you have a choice whether to go for this or not

Comment

I was his greatest critic, only working because of who his Godfather is etc.

hated leaving Las Vegas, Raising Arizona...meh

Joe...well worth a watch.

Has anyone seen Tom lately, hes gone very quiet.
                                                                      Did you see the community episode about the class on nick cage films. The nick cage - Nicholas cage split personality is crazy.

He is defo the best and the worst of acting with massively under powered martingale skills.

Someone should post the wickerman bees gif

Comment

Got chatting to a lad in work about the house rent in the area and money in general. Nothing too serious but he said he earns €1,232 a month, roughly €7.70 an hour. I asked him to quickly go through a guesstimate of his outgoings a month, which includes €800 on rent alone, and he is left with €19 at the end of the month. He pays all the rent and bills in the house. His wife who works part time for the same shit wage pays for the food and for their two boys, 13 and 10, to go to school. These people are from Hungary and are two of the nicest people you'd ever meet. Always smiling and joking in work. Have done their best to learn English and can hold a conversation no problem now.

I just looked at the guy and said he was crazy. I ccouldn't do that but yet he seems happy out. Unreal to think some people are living seemingly comfortably on such small money.

Comment

May have posed this before but...

Was at a gig in Camden; mate didn't show so was full on Sir William Butler (no mates)

Quite drunk and go into this Irish/Jamaican pub, sitting at bar when huge black guy comes over:
                                                                          "What part of Ireland are you from"

I look up, think FUCK and prepare for worst

"What part of Ireland are you from?"

Sligo; WHY?

"Thought so; I was raised by a family from Sligo"
                                                                          See

The fucking relief when he smiled after saying that

Turns out he is the doorman
                                                                          We start taking and I promise him a rovers scarf

Have said scarf in London but haven't been out yet

Hope the fucker still works there because if he does I'm golden
                                                                          Going to see these guys(more like these girls and a guy) on Monday in some pub in Hackney. Can't wait! Really love their stuff, but can't imagine it being a hit in Hackney.

Great first album
                                                                          La Lune (radio edit)Le Monde Möö debut album is available NOW : Bandcamp ◊ http://bit.ly/1ur4Fc4 ◊iTunes ◊ http://bit.ly/WmoMxf ◊Amazon ◊ http://amzn.to/1w4Y...

Comment

Dunphy is a bit of craic with a few pints in him. Think he's cut back a lot doing the punditry
                                                                            Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                              Did you see the community episode about the class on nick cage films. The nick cage - Nicholas cage split personality is crazy.

He is defo the best and the worst of acting with massively under powered martingale skills.

Someone should post the wickerman bees gif
                                                                              I only watched the first few episodes of Community, maybe the first season.

I should get back into it, i have only recently embraced parks and rec and am loving it (from season 2 on though, season 1 is like season 2 of the wire...terrible...)
                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

AHS Season 4, perfect opener, just the right amount of freaky , a small bit of scary and the perfect amount of Bananas.

Bowie theme ala Fleetwood mac ? Cameo maybe ?
                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Movies worth wasting up to 2 hours on, some are strange.

This is where I leave you
                                                                                  Shattered Glass
                                                                                  Safety Not Guaranteed
                                                                                  Her
                                                                                  The Way Way Back

Rewatched My Cousin Vinny recently too.. ahhh so good

Also just noticed imdb bought out boxofficemojo, bastarding monolopy!!
                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Some Jools tonight, two of the best performances I've seen on it.

Was blown away by Benjamin Booker then Ben Howard just sends it off the charts. Wow.

Fast forwarding through Manics though.
                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Going to see these guys(more like these girls and a guy) on Monday in some pub in Hackney. Can't wait! Really love their stuff, but can't imagine it being a hit in Hackney.

Great first album
                                                                                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwfv-zBoOJg
                                                                                      Did you get to go to the King Creosote gig at the Barbican? The album is very good.

Comment

ALCS and NLCS starts tonight in MLB, surprised no one here has been folllowing. Punted for fun start of season one team in each 'division' and have 3 outa 4 teams still in !

good chance of making £20

Its surprisingly addictive viewing once you get into it but means late late nights or just SKY + it ...........................

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                          Congrats Icky
                                                                                          Ha

Thought you cunts would have come at me more from the Daily Mirror angle...

Dwarf on date with fiancée given colouring book and crayons

Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

...drunken post at 10;12 Florida time...amazing wings and a lovely steak, best I've had this week...contemplating canceling my return ticket for Sunday and extending my holiday...it's easier to contribute to night crew with this time difference...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                              ...drunken post at 10;12 Florida time...amazing wings and a lovely steak, best I've had this week...contemplating canceling my return ticket for Sunday and extending my holiday...it's easier to contribute to night crew with this time difference...
                                                                                              Florida & night/breakfast crew or Ireland and daytime crew.
                                                                                              There is no question.
                                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

...forget Florida, you had me at night crew...

Comment

Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                    Did you get to go to the King Creosote gig at the Barbican? The album is very good.
                                                                                                    I didn't unfortunately, but I've already got my tickets to see him play at the union chapel in february.

Comment

Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Sigh technology.

My google searches are now somehow linked to my girlfreinds phone.

Submissive whores?

GG.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                          Sigh technology.

My google searches are now somehow linked to my girlfreinds phone.

Submissive whores?

GG.
                                                                                                          Have actually never heard of this!! wtf!!!

At least you weren't googling actual whores, that'd be my comeback... I however am single
                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Thats just a really shitty version of this

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Strewelpeter; 11-10-14, 09:00.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                                              ALCS and NLCS starts tonight in MLB, surprised no one here has been folllowing. Punted for fun start of season one team in each 'division' and have 3 outa 4 teams still in !

good chance of making £20

Its surprisingly addictive viewing once you get into it but means late late nights or just SKY + it ...........................
                                                                                                              I've followed baseball for many many years, but typically lose interest a bit when Toronto aren't in the playoffs, which is ever year since 1993!

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                Some Jools tonight, two of the best performances I've seen on it.

Was blown away by Benjamin Booker then Ben Howard just sends it off the charts. Wow.

Fast forwarding through Manics though.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Some bank manager has added me to linkedin, any of you or can i tell him gtfo?
                                                                                                                    Also the owner of a restaurant in town, what.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                        Had my first ever meeting with a pension advisor there. He grimaced immensely when I mentioned Vanguard and was pushing me into active funds, as well as offering automated emails with performance every quarter/month/week. I was always more inclined towards lumping it all into passive equity funds for most of its life and forgetting about it; is that unusual

traders aren't very good at beating the market after costs imo
                                                                                                                        Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                        His fee is only .25% though (and 100% allocation), which seems strangely low for someone that is looking to be fairly active. Zurich funds are .75, so 1% overall unless there's some hidden extra.
                                                                                                                        There are fund fees seperate to the advisor fees - he might be getting a rebate from the fund provider. I have mine in global index tracking equities

I am currently reading this book on the subject of long term investment returns, which is pretty interesting if fairly heavy going
                                                                                                                        Expected Returns: An Investor's Guide to Harvesting Market Rewards

Comment

lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHc0H5O6bo4
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X