This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
    A story like that addresses the 'why' part of wanting the International Community to really get stuck in here. Thousands of Africans are dying horrible deaths; hundreds of thousands more are suffering from a collapsing society due to the illness (in nations that were shaky to begin with).

Bottom line is this thing needs significant action, if for no other reason than thousands are dying horrible deaths over there because of it.
    yeah but fucking water charges!

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Nightcrew AGM was last night. Nice to see our pressence was missed all the same.
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

New somewhat different, hopefully fun sheep game going.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Have read this a few times and still can't work out if theres a joke hidden in it, or its a genuine inquiry as to whether he can look past his wife's weakness for sleeping with dwarf strippers.
              Hmmmmm I was more on about the dwarf.......

You will get there eventually, unlike the dwarf reaching his pockets.

Comment

Had my first ever meeting with a pension advisor there. He grimaced immensely when I mentioned Vanguard and was pushing me into active funds, as well as offering automated emails with performance every quarter/month/week. I was always more inclined towards lumping it all into passive equity funds for most of its life and forgetting about it; is that unusual

traders aren't very good at beating the market after costs imo

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 10-10-14, 11:21.

Comment

Snapchat hacked apparently. For years...

#TheSnappening

4chan have a 13gb repo of images and videos linked to usernames.

uh oh
                      Last edited by Emmet; 10-10-14, 11:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

#TheSnappening

uh oh
                        given the potential content generated by users of indeterminate age don't download or view anything from this repo.
                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Finkel View Post
                          And obv the person will realize that The Simpsons live at 742 evergreen terrace and then your proper fucked
                          I knew that didn't sound right, I was thinking of 123 Fake Street.

It does work though, but I'd recommend using a different name to Bart Simpson, I'd be sure Bart Simpson would work, but might be taking the piss out of the flawed system a little too much.
                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

I have Keanos and Pirlos books on PDF is anyone want a copy.

PM your emails and I'll drop them across.

Comment

Not sure if anyones into any of the Banksy stuff.
                              Just picked up a canvas, looks pretty cool. Went with this picture (better quality doh).

SPOILER

Going back Monday for one or two more. Possibly this one.
                              SPOILER

Comment

Strewel

You wrote a passionate anti Sinn Fein post a while back. Would you have a link to it?

Comment

Comment

Although might be best to just go to a proper advisor
                                    His fee is only .25% though (and 100% allocation), which seems strangely low for someone that is looking to be fairly active. Zurich funds are .75, so 1% overall unless there's some hidden extra.
                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 10-10-14, 11:57.

Comment

I may be moving house soon (my first move north of the Liffey, to Fairview) and have been picking up bits and bobs for my computer room/man cave. Took advantage of SatNav posting about hellocanvas.ie's sale to order a big canvas last night, using this image:

DeviantArt is the world's largest online social community for artists and art enthusiasts, allowing people to connect through the creation and sharing of art.

Very nerdy but should go along with the computer game-inspired prints I've also ordered over the past few weeks, found some awesome ones here: http://society6.com/prints. Bioshock, Fallout, Skyrim, all of my favourites are going up onto the walls

Really like that Banksy stuff; that second one posted above should look great as a canvas.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                        I may be moving house soon (my first move north of the Liffey, to Fairview) and have been picking up bits and bobs for my computer room/man cave. Took advantage of SatNav posting about hellocanvas.ie's sale to order a big canvas last night, using this image:

DeviantArt is the world's largest online social community for artists and art enthusiasts, allowing people to connect through the creation and sharing of art.

Very nerdy but should go along with the computer game-inspired prints I've also ordered over the past few weeks, found some awesome ones here: http://society6.com/prints. Bioshock, Fallout, Skyrim, all of my favourites are going up onto the walls

Really like that Banksy stuff; that second one posted above should look great as a canvas.
                                        Northside crew. Holla
                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                          Wonder will he put his hand in his pocket to support the child.
                                          Have read this a few times and still can't work out if theres a joke hidden in it, or its a genuine inquiry as to whether he can look past his wife's weakness for sleeping with dwarf strippers.
                                          +1

Was thinking there was meant to be some joke similar to this one that i just didn't see!

'Saw a guy pickpocket a dwarf today... I can't believe someone would stoop so low'

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                            Northside crew. Holla
                                            We might get this for our Da.

http://society6.com/product/angry-ca...ral_print#1=45
                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

There's been a few different canvas sites mentioned, which one's best? Really tempted to get something to replace the awful Jack Vettriano prints that seem to be in every place I rent. Recommendations welcome!

Comment

Do dwarves have problems reaching their pockets? I would have thought modern tailoring would have solved that so that their pockets are proportionately the same travel distance for their hands as for regular size people's trousers. Like surely the first clothing manufacturer to make reachable pockets for dwarves would corner the entire dwarf trouser market.
                                                Dunno, haven't put as much thought into it as you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                  There's been a few different canvas sites mentioned, which one's best? Really tempted to get something to replace the awful Jack Vettriano prints that seem to be in every place I rent. Recommendations welcome!
                                                  Not sure which one is the best but I think Emmet mentioned one a few days back that is having an 80% sale at the moment.

Edit - http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...vas#post846960

Opr

Comment

The Guardian reckons the International Community should do more but is bearish on the extent of the problem from a Western perspective:

James Ball: The Ebola outbreak is serious, but the nature of the epidemic is often misunderstood – and inappropriate measures suggested
                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Depends, they're all basically the same though surely?

Picanova have fairly unbeatable deals if you're after a Monster sized canvas print at the moment.

I have an Aluminium print of one of Danny's photos from them and it's top top notch. Am considering getting some of the monster canvases, just need some very high res images for inspiration really!

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                        The Guardian reckons the International Community should do more but is bearish on the extent of the problem from a Western perspective:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...break-epidemic
                                                        Worrying about Ebola from a Western perspective is up there with my friend asking if we needed malaria shots to go to Texas.
                                                        Last edited by Denny Crane; 10-10-14, 12:37.

Comment

Worrying about Ebola from a Western perspective is up there with my friend asking if we needed malaria shots to go to Texas.
                                                          My aul fella told me about the first time he went to the States in the 70s. They were out a baseball game one evening and he heard the people around him talking about how the mosquitoes were out tonight. His only experience of the mention of mosquitoes was the mosquitoes that carried malaria in Africa. He obviously didn't have any shots or anything so stood there worried that one bite from a mosquito would basically mean his death. Obviously the Irish politeness and fear of complaining meant he couldn't leave or anything, just stand there and pray he managed to avoid being bitten by a mosquito.
                                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                            Just picked up a canvas, looks pretty cool. Went with this picture (better quality doh).

SPOILER

SPOILER

Would also be interested to know where you got them.
                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

McNulty Narrowly Defeated

Lol at the Indo claiming Inda would have been thrown into a crisis had McNulty won. A McNulty victory would obviously have been the nut result for FG, Kenny immediately calls on McNulty to resign the seat "in the interest of democracy" and FG walk the by-election and take a majority in the Seanad.

Comment

Where did you get them from? Look class.
                                                                Guy in the office Gym sells them as a weekend job, stalls outside tescos and that for 25euro.
                                                                20 euro if I buy them from here as obv no rent to pay. Great selection of all banksys stuff and breaking bad, superhero last supper etc.
                                                                Will try find out if he has website or where he will be next.
                                                                Or if ya have somthing in mind im the IFSC and can pick one up for you.

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

Can't see your post as website blocked in work

Yeah girl one works well in this kind of setting.
                                                                SPOILER

Some of the collage stuff could work for a mancave.
                                                                SPOILER

SPOILER

Comment

Sure. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be dealt with though.
                                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Comment

SPOILER

SPOILER

Very nice, +1 on wanting to know where he is.

Does he have?

Also want the monkey one....and the one in the pic above...dammit!

What is the site with the sale?

Comment

You have to hand it to Africa, they sure do take one for the team.

Comment

I emailed the guy there for more details, he works in the gym so doubt he will be in the office too much. Hopfully he will get back to me by Monday and I will have his full details and hopfully he has some website of Fb page set up. If you guys need me to pick up for you and meet round IFSC I'm cool with that.

@Tar I didnt see that one, he had about 6 banksy ones and 2 breaking bad ones in the Gym with him. Just brought them as a sample, has more at home and in the car.

Basically guy on my team had told me about them and I went down with him this morning for a look at ended up with the monkey one.

Comment

I emailed the guy there for more details, he works in the gym so doubt he will be in the office too much. Hopfully he will get back to me by Monday and I will have his full details and hopfully he has some website of Fb page set up. If you guys need me to pick up for you and meet round IFSC I'm cool with that.

@Tar I didnt see that one, he had about 6 banksy ones and 2 breaking bad ones in the Gym with him. Just brought them as a sample, has more at home and in the car.

Basically guy on my team had told me about them and I went down with him this morning for a look at ended up with the monkey one.
                                                                            if there are any specific banksy's you are looking for, give me a shout as there are loads of stalls in Camden market selling them.. it's only 5 minutes down the road so can check them out for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                              My aul fella told me about the first time he went to the States in the 70s. They were out a baseball game one evening and he heard the people around him talking about how the mosquitoes were out tonight. His only experience of the mention of mosquitoes was the mosquitoes that carried malaria in Africa. He obviously didn't have any shots or anything so stood there worried that one bite from a mosquito would basically mean his death. Obviously the Irish politeness and fear of complaining meant he couldn't leave or anything, just stand there and pray he managed to avoid being bitten by a mosquito.
                                                                              Never knew Denny was so old.

Comment

Can someone please recommend free software for non-rooted Android to transfer contacts and texts to computer. Various things like apps and Gmail options will not be possible due to phone messed-up-ness. Not for me.

Comment

I take it your contacts are not tied to your google account, would recommend that in future, none of that messing about

EDIT: cant recommend any as I've never used any but I guess this will do the trick
                                                                                  The worst thing about backups is that you usually forget to backup at least one thing, and you never actually know what until it is too late. In this guide, we'll show you how to backup your app data, your texts, your call logs and even your keyboard's word predictions – some of the simplest, most essential stuff that can easily ruin your week, should they end up missing the boat...

or
                                                                                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 10-10-14, 15:53.

Comment

quick line check here.

Gf changed jobs a while back. Was still in training period of job1 when accepted job offer from job2. When handed in her notice, explicitly said to job1 that she was available to work her notice, though given it was due to be a week of training, she was happy to work in the store (experienced hire -> retail, had already been trained on tills etc) instead of doing the managerial training week that they had planned. They advised it wouldn't be necessary and that she wouldn't have to work her notice.

Fast forward and a claim from job1 has arrived asking for cash back for overpayment, along with advice that debt will be passed on to a collection agency. (cunt move)

I've told her to play soft and re-emphasize that as she made herself available for work for her notice period, but they didn't give her any hours, and so owes nothing. Am I right in saying this?

Big international company so unsurprising if one channel isn't on the same page as the other when it comes to the situation. Accountants probably just see a red number etc.

Comment

Read the work contract she signed to check what language is around it (staff book too).

Ultimately, sounds like she was paid for a weeks work she didn't do so she's essentially the one looking for an oversight in terms of what she signed. Their position seems reasonable even if their approach sucks.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                          I take it your contacts are not tied to your google account, would recommend that in future, none of that messing about

EDIT: cant recommend any as I've never used any but I guess this will do the trick
                                                                                          The worst thing about backups is that you usually forget to backup at least one thing, and you never actually know what until it is too late. In this guide, we'll show you how to backup your app data, your texts, your call logs and even your keyboard's word predictions – some of the simplest, most essential stuff that can easily ruin your week, should they end up missing the boat...

or
                                                                                          https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...contacts&hl=en
                                                                                          As far as I know the person in question (of course a splendid person such as myself has contacts tied to my Google account) cannot download any new apps such as Helium are not the solution.

Comment

Ugh fat birds some women should not be allowed wear skirts.
                                                                                            Nothing worse than lifting a womans belly fat in order to ride her can be a passion killer
                                                                                            im told.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                              That made me angry.

Comment

All the talk of Bansky reminds me of this clip where a stall was set up in Central Park selling original Bansky works for the knockdown price of $60 a piece. So many people oblivious to it.

Original Banksy canvasses were sold in Central Park for $60 each (worth approx. $20k each) as part of his month-long residency.Click here to subscribe to our...

Comment

Originally posted by CHaD View Post
                                                                                                  That made me angry.
                                                                                                  Are you prejudiced against Scottish people?
                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                    As far as I know the person in question (of course a splendid person such as myself has contacts tied to my Google account) cannot download any new apps such as Helium are not the solution.
                                                                                                    I now read your post far differently from when I originally read it.
                                                                                                    Can they download to a PC and transfer software to the phone? Or no internet access at all?
                                                                                                    I'm not sure how to do it without an app, and I've left work so the smart people can't solve it for me.

Perhaps a phone shop could assist, they have been known to transfer things for technologically impaired.

My googling suggestion is to go for something like "transfer contacts from android to iphone" as apps would not be used there in some cases (presumably). Or "blackberry" snigger.

Disclaimer: No help was delivered in the making of this post
                                                                                                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 10-10-14, 16:43.

Comment

Oh of course, for contacts, they can export them to sim card or sd card (or usb storage) from the native contacts software. And simply import on new phone.

Comment

...

Comment

No, I don't segregate people by nationalities. I am prejudiced against the human race as a whole.

Comment

I am!

Skirt wearing; worst pipes in the world playing; sheep stomach eating; slab of stone bowling; no voting; "you irish, im scotich, we same" spouting; surrender monkies

And as for the Tibetans

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

#TheSnappening

uh oh
                                                                                                              I'm just looking forward to a look at all the fry ups
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Nothing like a forehead full of botox and a face full of fillers to put a woman in a good mood
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Connacht treviso can be watched at below link. You need to register but it's fairly straighforward.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                                    Ugh fat birds some women should not be allowed wear skirts.
                                                                                                                    Nothing worse than lifting a womans belly fat in order to ride her can be a passion killer
                                                                                                                    im told.
                                                                                                                    ...you should tell that person not to ride her...thought of doing what that guy did is kinda sickening...glad you were told and didn't have to suffer...

Comment

One for chadley

Sitting in Frank's sports bar about to go to a gig underneath Stamford bridge.

Banged on the cromby to try fit in, so far they haven't chased me out of the village

So... So far so good

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                                        One for chadley

Sitting in Frank's sports bar about to go to a gig underneath Stamford bridge.

Banged on the cromby to try fit in, so far they haven't chased me out of the village

So... So far so good
                                                                                                                        The English chappies are alot like spiders. They are more afraid of you than you are of them. Chelsea is a grand old spot, should have had a few in Brogans, nice Irish pub. Pretty sure the firms from 20 years ago won't be knocking around the stadium on the look out for Irish Wear your tricolour next time.

Meant to be a cool venue. Shneak a Shnakey naggin in. Probably 20 pound for a drink.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                                          ...you should tell that person not to ride her...thought of doing what that guy did is kinda sickening...glad you were told and didn't have to suffer...
                                                                                                                          I think we have a case of blaming the alcohol for the blurred vision and thanking the alcohol for the fuzzy memories here
                                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X