X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    I'l just leave this here - hell of a way for my new job to be announced
    Congrats

Has the job got a title or are you just Chief Horse Knowing Guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
      I'l just leave this here - hell of a way for my new job to be announced.

MDO'C your private trainer now?
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Also; is that Michael Lowry directly in front of you (and are you smirking because you're about to shove him down the steps?)?

Comment

Constantin Gurdgiev looked at my LinkedIn, I've arrived.

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
              Constantin Gurdgiev looked at my LinkedIn, I've arrived.

Graham Linehan follows me on Google Plus.

Beat.

That.

Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 09-10-14, 15:01.
              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Hello canvas have a 50% off sale!!!
                Her sky-ness
                © 5starpool

Comment

What's the best way to avoid newlands cross while on the way to the airport tomorrow around 3 and 4pm?

Am thinking either kingswood junction out to N4 (and reverse) and citywest junction and the n81 through tallaght (and reverse).
                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                    What's the best way to avoid newlands cross while on the way to the airport tomorrow around 3 and 4pm?

Am thinking either kingswood junction out to N4 (and reverse) and citywest junction and the n81 through tallaght (and reverse).
                    We took that turn into Newcastle and it brought us out on the N4 and then the M50 and as someone not used to Dublin it was pretty easy to follow. This was with All Ireland traffic.
                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Taking fights at short notice, making young prospects look good: How boxing journeymen make losing look like an art form.

shocking :P

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                        We took that turn into Newcastle and it brought us out on the N4 and then the M50 and as someone not used to Dublin it was pretty easy to follow. This was with All Ireland traffic.
                        I have done that one a load of times myself but it's not me that's doing the airport run tomorrow so trying to find the easiest way for SWMBO.

Comment

Ever drank red bull, they owe you some money, haha
                          For more than 20 years, Red Bull has been using the slogan "Red Bull gives you wings," though according to some disappointed customers, that's just not true. And if you've bought a Red Bull in the past 12 years, you have until March 2 to claim your cash.

Comment

trolling stress heads before important exams is great craic

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                              trolling stress heads before important exams is great craic
                              Before each of my final year exams I would say prayers to the devil in front of this religious guy in my class, he would be pleading with me to stop for my sake and his. Had a nice verse ready when i got my 1.1 for him

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post

Go up at the Kingswood junction but instead of going left for N4 (Meh probably not worth it at that time) or right for N81 (Ridonkulous idea) go straight across the junction and up past the campsite and in front of the Green Isle hotel and at the top of that road turn right and you can slip back into the traffic 1 change of lights from Newlands X and in the best lane for the airport.
                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                      Before each of my final year exams I would say prayers to the devil in front of this religious guy in my class, he would be pleading with me to stop for my sake and his. Had a nice verse ready when i got my 1.1 for him
                                      That seems a bit unnecessary to be honest. The only masses I attend are weddings/funerals but don't see the need to mock others for their beliefs.

Nice casual way to mention the 1.1 tho

Comment

Right, that's it. Done with Australian culture.

Should have listened to hotspur.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                            Today:

7am: Wrote about 500 words on an equity pricing research paper

9am: Meeting in Trinity on an oil pricing paper planned for US next March

11am: Lift back to uni where myself and colleague discussed a paper we are working on on nonferrous metals futures

12pm: Attended presentation of a research paper on SME trade internationalisation

1pm: Lunch with two profs to discuss the 7am paper

3pm: Skype chat to Ljubljana to discuss a frontiers markets equity pricing paper we're working on

4pm: Up to restaurant to meet two colleagues to discuss submitting our paper on how culture influences SME financing

6pm: PhD student emails to say our energy pricing sentiment paper has been invited for submission so we need to get it done in a few weeks

8pm: Bit of slow reading up on fine wine pricing to see if myself and 11am guy can do some trading strategy analysis on this market

Jaysus, that was a rather research intensive day.
                                            I watched four episodes of That '70s Show.

Comment

Ha, head on him

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Comment

Maybe if those poor downtrodden christians didn't run 94% of schools and force kids to be indoctrinated in their beliefs, impose their beliefs on how society is run, and then have the historical bad habit of their leaders sexually abusing young kids and using their status covering it up, it might be easier to have a bit more sympathy for not taking a small bit of joy in at least mocking their beliefs.
                                                  Wouldn't have expected you to be engaging in broad generalisations. Aren't you a college professor who works about 15 hours per week but gets massively overpaid? (better spell out that i'm engaging in another broad generalisation in case anyone takes me up wrong)

The Church hierarchy is an absolute disgrace and there is no doubt the Church had a hugely negative influence on Ireland. But the vast vast majority of christians in this country have done absolutely nothing to be ashamed of and to suggest they deserve to be openly mocked for their beliefs (in this case a presumably young college student who was most probably effectively indoctrinated into the religion) is pathetic in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                    Hello canvas have a 50% off sale!!!
                                                    80% off the massive canvases from here

I've used them in the past. Very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                      Go up at the Kingswood junction but instead of going left for N4 (Meh probably not worth it at that time) or right for N81 (Ridonkulous idea) go straight across the junction and up past the campsite and in front of the Green Isle hotel and at the top of that road turn right and you can slip back into the traffic 1 change of lights from Newlands X and in the best lane for the airport.

Interesting. Never knew that was possible!

Sadly not an option on the return journey which will be the bigger problem based on past experience. Oh well.. she can just sit in traffic.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NiceandcoolTrig View Post
                                                          Wouldn't have expected you to be engaging in broad generalisations. Aren't you a college professor who works about 15 hours per week but gets massively overpaid? (better spell out that i'm engaging in another broad generalisation in case anyone takes me up wrong)

The Church hierarchy is an absolute disgrace and there is no doubt the Church had a hugely negative influence on Ireland. But the vast vast majority of christians in this country have done absolutely nothing to be ashamed of and to suggest they deserve to be openly mocked for their beliefs (in this case a presumably young college student who was most probably effectively indoctrinated into the religion) is pathetic in my opinion.
                                                          Hitch is trolling. Fine upstanding baptiser of his progeny that he is.

Comment

Originally posted by NiceandcoolTrig View Post
                                                            That seems a bit unnecessary to be honest. The only masses I attend are weddings/funerals but don't see the need to mock others for their beliefs.

Nice casual way to mention the 1.1 tho
                                                            It was tongue in cheek and he was laughing too as he is my friend (likes the idea of a vegetarian devil worshiper). But anyway, if you don't question beliefs they will always linger, and in this case i think they are beliefs that should not.
                                                            And yes I mock him, and yes he mocks me, it hardly is an offence imo.

He is not religious at all now and it was merely indoctrinated by missionaries in Africa. No point in pussy footing around something that stupid. Theirs was the crime taking advantage of the poor and starving for food = belief and he hates them for it rightly.
                                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 09-10-14, 21:14.

Comment

I think a few here were rather negative about 'Lucy'. Just watched it and loved it. It revels in its absurdity, continually ramping up the levels while indulging in some very fun makey-uppy science. It is also really refreshing to have the short running time which was near perfect time to indulge such a world. Oh yeah and of course, Scarlett Johansson!

Opr

Comment

I'm beginning to think the International community might want to really roll up its sleeves on this Ebola thing in West Africa.
                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Caught Joe on the back of Oleras' recommendation. Thoroughly enjoyable flick.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                    I'm beginning to think the International community might want to really roll up its sleeves on this Ebola thing in West Africa.
                                                                    I've a mate from Sierra Leone, his dad died a few weeks ago and because of the flights embargo he couldn't go home

Here's the kicker, his dad died of complications from his diabetes!

Long story short, he couldn't go to a hospital due to the fact he would have defo caught ebola and his doctor couldn't visit him due the ban on private calls

Comment

Seems slightly bigger than the last two things that were going to wipe us out, bird flu and whatever the one before that was? foot and mouth or something?

Comment

That has been clear for months, there has been a lot going on but still way too little. The biggest problems are not just resources.

I'm heading over to Nigeria on Saturday and later on to Namibia.
                                                                        I have no more worries than I would ever have arriving in Lagos. Any trip there involves a degree of risk but catching ebola is a just about 0% risk.
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                          Seems slightly bigger than the last two things that were going to wipe us out, bird flu and whatever the one before that was? foot and mouth or something?
                                                                          At least those things were transmissible via the air. Ebola is much harder to catch in an organised society than things like SARS, bird flu, swine flu, or any other of the next big killers than never really took hold. Ebola though really is punishing those least able to deal with it.

Comment

I have had no penalty points for years, got none that I can think of since a few months after the system came in.
                                                                            Arrived home last night to two tickets 4 minutes apart from around 11PM the other night on a wide safe well lit road where they got me coming in and going out of town 62 and 65 in a 50 FFS! 6 fucking points and 160 fine

Then this morning I was calling into a friends shop to drop some business related stuff into him and chose deliberately to use the loading bay outside rather than one of the empty parking spots. Got out of the car and went in to the shop and 20 seconds later turned around and the traffic warden was writing a ticket because It wasn't a commercial vehicle He acted the total cunt and refused to show a bit of cop on and issued the ticket. Prick was really belligerent about it. It makes me really mad and sad how the fucking council have destroyed the town
                                                                            FFS! thats another 40 but unlike the speeding fines there is no way I'll be paying that.
                                                                            Was it a speed van that caught you?

There's a loophole to avoid paying the fine - if you fill in the form saying it was Bart Simpson of 123 Evergreen Terrace that was driving the car at this time you'll get a letter back saying "you no longer have any responsibility in regards to this matter".
                                                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

That has been clear for months, there has been a lot going on but still way too little. The biggest problems are not just resources.

I'm heading over to Nigeria on Saturday and later on to Namibia.
                                                                              I have no more worries than I would ever have arriving in Lagos. Any trip there involves a degree of risk but catching ebola is a just about 0% risk.
                                                                              0% risk. No worries. Going to Africa. BBV.

RIP Strewely

Comment

All pubs in Baltinglass are closed, 15 years ago there was 12 now there are 4, I'm still pissed.
                                                                                Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

That makes no sense
                                                                                  Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                    Right, that's it. Done with Australian culture.

Should have listened to hotspur.
                                                                                    You went to Jack Charles v The Crown yeah?

Meant to say that I really enjoyed Ganesh v the Third Reich, and I loved the use of the clear plastic curtains - the train scene is particular was great.

Heading to Our Few and Evil Days tomorrow night and then Paul Bright’s Confessions of a Justified Sinner on Saturday afternoon. And that's it for the theatre mad season. Next Visa bill should be painful enough to confer patron of the arts status on me.

Comment

Ah heyor!

Comment

Poor night shift
                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

I retire from night crew.
                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                I've a mate from Sierra Leone, his dad died a few weeks ago and because of the flights embargo he couldn't go home

Here's the kicker, his dad died of complications from his diabetes!

Long story short, he couldn't go to a hospital due to the fact he would have defo caught ebola and his doctor couldn't visit him due the ban on private calls
                                                                                                A story like that addresses the 'why' part of wanting the International Community to really get stuck in here. Thousands of Africans are dying horrible deaths; hundreds of thousands more are suffering from a collapsing society due to the illness (in nations that were shaky to begin with).

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                SARS and Swine Flu are pretty nasty. But SARS had a mortality rate of 9.6% and the Swine Flu outbreak started in Nov 2009 and had begun to significantly taper off in terms of new cases by May of the following year.

This strain of Ebola has a mortality rate of ~55% (which is bad because previous outbreaks with higher mortality rates were more likely to peter themselves out) and has been out there since December of last year. It has now gone way past the tipping point of usual Ebola containment practices (isolate patient; trace all contacts, isolate them; trace all their contacts, isolate them; repeat until solved) being effective.

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                At least those things were transmissible via the air. Ebola is much harder to catch in an organised society than things like SARS, bird flu, swine flu, or any other of the next big killers than never really took hold. Ebola though really is punishing those least able to deal with it.
                                                                                                True, but Ebola kind of knows that so people who die of it spend an agonising few days before the end spewing blood / shit /vomit / sweat from every orifice. The dead body is also contagious. As such, it's not here to see how this thing being out of control could overwhelm even good health systems.

What's worst is that, right now, palliative care is the only medical treatment and it only mildly improves outcomes.

==============

Bottom line is this thing needs significant action, if for no other reason than thousands are dying horrible deaths over there because of it.
                                                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                  Was it a speed van that caught you?

There's a loophole to avoid paying the fine - if you fill in the form saying it was Bart Simpson of 123 Evergreen Terrace that was driving the car at this time you'll get a letter back saying "you no longer have any responsibility in regards to this matter".
                                                                                                  And obv the person will realize that The Simpsons live at 742 evergreen terrace and then your proper fucked

Comment

It has now gone way past the tipping point of usual Ebola containment practices (isolate patient; trace all contacts, isolate them; trace all their contacts, isolate them; repeat until solved) being effective.
                                                                                                    The incubation period of Ebola (think 21 days) makes the above a far trickier operation. If I were to ask you to name all the people you have had contact with over the last 21 days how many do you think you'd leave out? You could very easily then have an exponential growth of people infected who haven't been assessed/diagnosed.

Basically its scary shit.

Comment

Been trying this these last few days, ridic improvement in concentration levels all right. Feel like Bart Simpson on that smart drug thing.

OK, good. Now apparently (assuming you're taking it in tablet form like me), we're currently on the gateway drug version of ginseng. The reason the Koreans (well, the non-crazy ones) turned their feudal society into one of the most advanced countries in the world was....ginseng tea made with powdered root. Makes you invincible.

We's gotta get us summa that good shit man. This time next year, we'll be zillionaires.

Comment

Been trying this these last few days, ridic improvement in concentration levels all right. Feel like Bart Simpson on that smart drug thing.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                        OK, good. Now apparently (assuming you're taking it in tablet form like me), we're currently on the gateway drug version of ginseng. The reason the Koreans (well, the non-crazy ones) turned their feudal society into one of the most advanced countries in the world was....ginseng tea made with powdered root. Makes you invincible.

We's gotta get us summa that good shit man. This time next year, we'll be zillionaires.
                                                                                                        jumped on the bandwagon and ordered me somma dat shit too. Have been taking serotonin and amino acid supplements, so gonna add it to keep the focus.

yeay pills.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                          The incubation period of Ebola (think 21 days) makes the above a far trickier operation. If I were to ask you to name all the people you have had contact with over the last 21 days how many do you think you'd leave out? You could very easily then have an exponential growth of people infected who haven't been assessed/diagnosed.

Basically its scary shit.
                                                                                                          Not for anyone in a western country, has little to no chance of spreading here.

Comment

...

Comment

That's a little problem she has alright.
                                                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

and now for the ginseng science bit.

A systematic review of 8 randomized, placebo-controlled trials found that ginseng did not improve cognitive function in healthy adults.

Geng J, Dong J, Ni H, et al. Ginseng for cognition. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2010;(12):CD007769.
                                                                                                                Asian doctorb's tryin to keep all that good shit for themselves yo!

Comment

...

Comment

Congrats Icky

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                      Not for anyone in a western country, has little to no chance of spreading here.
                                                                                                                      Don't be silly, we're all going to die!!

Comment

Wonder will he put his hand in his pocket to support the child.

Comment

The ........... Tribunal

líon na bearnaí

Contains Impurities - The tale of Irish Water

As an aside - why not Bord Uisce ?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X