This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

You come across as a big hairy werewolf to me, damn that game! I would have said you were younger with the interest in new tv shows and all of that stuff in general, agents of shield, etc. But I think you are older, 40s maybe? I'd say you love the drink/food/smoking in that combination. But I'd say like every mother fucker you've given up some of that. Probably starting with smoking because you're irish and the other two are more important to us. Bigger kinda guy as well due to this extravagant lifestyle and this supposed giving up something makes people eat more. Probably darkish hair but much less than your ww alter ego.
    You stalking me ?
    This too shall pass.

Comment

I assume people think I'm a cross between the rock and George clooney

Comment

Originally posted by CHaD View Post
        Guy.

People probably think I'm a tracksuit wearing, tight hair, white shoes, football Jersey wearing kinda scumbag.

You would be correct.
        I know what you look like

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
          Is tar a guy or gal? ffs genuine ?
          Pretty accurate depiction in my sig imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Finkel View Post
            I assume people think I'm a cross between the cock and George Rooney
            I did until I met ye.
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
              I did until I met ye.
              And now you know obv

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                putting images to faces so disappointing...

my 1st IPO I was looking forward to meeting a person called Lexycon from Holland. Had an image of a young blond dutch girl, turned out it was an elderly bearded Scottish pot head guy..

Hitch was another surprise, expected a middle aged prof with a goatee and a lecherous look and was an innocent looking clean shaven young chap with a half bottle spirits in his pocket...well he said he was hitch?
                Hitch looked exactly like I thought! I came in and was like, that's hitch.
                Think how much he was off his face also helped.

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                You stalking me ?
                I know you recently said you wouldn't cut back on food for love of it(I think?), that's about it.

Comment

Was I what was expected?
                  airport, lol

Comment

You've dark hair (wrong)
                    a tiny bit shorter than average(pretty much)
                    not bald but tight hair(not sure what this means but I do have a full head of hair)
                    dress casual, runners and jeans(spot on)
                    late 30s.(off by a bit)
                    Yeah you're not the best a this

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                      Was I what was expected?
                      Yep, every motherfucker that's not at the airport.

Comment

Situation is just below 6 foot, short but not too tight brown hair, sweats and a Milan Jersey imo
                        airport, lol

Comment

Was I what was expected?
                          Totes.

I expected the first time I'd I see you wouldn't be in the Airport and it wasn't.

Edit: Ah fuck you Tar ya bitch.

Comment

Guy.

People probably think I'm a tracksuit wearing, tight hair, white shoes, football Jersey wearing kinda scumbag.

You would be correct.
                            You still wearing the headband with the cards in it these days?

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                              Yeah you're not the best a this
                              Hey!

I scored 40%

Comment

I know what you look like

I've looked you up to x

Comment

Was I what was expected?
                                  Nope. You were taller and had more teeth.

Comment

More teeth...classic Lazare.
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Was I what was expected?
                                      Thought you were in a wheelchair.
                                      Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                      You still wearing the headband with the cards in it these days?
                                      When I can. Bring my IPB badge everywhere

Comment

Tar crushing this game imo

Must be all that spinach.

Comment

I've met a lot of the old boards poker regs.

I'm trying to think of who I haven't met.
                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

For those that haven't seen me, your guesses?
                                            Prob pop in sat incognito.

Men and women have turned up to beers pretending to be me.
                                            For ages people thought I was this hawt Australian chick that was me as her halloween costume.
                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 02-10-14, 23:01.

Comment

What sort of.image of me.did you have
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Red headed 6th member of the Beatles imo.

Comment

For those that haven't seen me, your guesses?
                                                  Prob pop in sat.
                                                  Female, funky coloured hair, maybe pink, slightly short, thin and a few piercings. Chatty and good craic.

I have no real clue though so I'm probably embarrassingly wrong here!!

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                    Female, funky coloured hair, maybe pink, slightly short, thin and a few piercings. Chatty and good craic.

As long as you never knocked one out to that image you can never be really embarrassed.
                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Tar is a man.
                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Woah, I'd definitely bang me 10/10. Nice try though.

As long as you never knocked one out to that image you can never be really embarrassed.
                                                        As I have met people over the years and shook their hand, I have noted them begin to perspire, the horror and guilt in their eyes as I stare them down.

Oddest one was somebody said they though I would own several businesses, possibly be a politician, and would be in a suit and have a briefcase. Wtf that's a weird and oddly detailed picture to have of somebody that spams the net as a hippy lesbian.

Comment

The-Rigger was the first person I ever meet that I knew online before irl. (Maybe someone like Danny was, but I wasn't a very active poster so I don't count it). Don't think I had any pre-conceptions of what he'd look like so that's my very boring contribution to the conversation.

I only know jam-fly form werewolf but he comes across as one of the youngest posters, younger than me so I'd go mid twenties? I'd say very excitable/laughy and a big kinda guy. Practically jovial. Lighter hair like every motherfucking woman has.
                                                          I assuming you're being genuine and aren't trolling (ie you actually know who I am), but that's pretty 100%. I'd say laughy far more than excitable, I'm very hard to genuinely excite (in the non-sexual sense). Early twenties rather than mid-twenties but everyone thinks I'm older than I am (that said, I'm more immature on IPB than irl so maybe that should be reflected). Everything else pretty spot on.
                                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Tar Brown hair male skinny plenty of.Brown and black clothes, skinny jeans and the likes
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

I remember the first time seeing GAB, it was that boards €100 event in the SE, that if I remember right ianmc38 organised, it was the first large scale meet up.

I was at table one up in the corner, there was about twelve tables, great night, anyway, shortstack was on our table and he had us all convinced that GAB who was a few tables away was Nick Lesson of Barings bank infamy. I knew at the time that Leeson lived in Ireland so bought it hook line and sinker. Kept looking at GAB all night thinking 'Jaysus what a scoundrel'.

Was only half wrong I suppose.

Comment

What sort of.image of me.did you have
                                                                Skinny early twenties dude I think, boy racer type. Guess the handle played an influence in that.

Comment

I remember the first time seeing GAB, it was that boards €100 event in the SE, that if I remember right ianmc38 organised, it was the first large scale meet up.

I was at table one up in the corner, there was about twelve tables, great night, anyway, shortstack was on our table and he had us all convinced that GAB who was a few tables away was Nick Lesson of Barings bank infamy. I knew at the time that Leeson lived in Ireland so bought it hook line and sinker. Kept looking at GAB all night thinking 'Jaysus what a scoundrel'.

Was only half wrong I suppose.
                                                                  I thought you were Conor 'The Scuab' Broomfield before I met you.

Literal polar opposites.

Comment

There was talk before of a "know your nerds" type gallery but i think the mystery is nearly always better than the reality.

I don't think i have met anyone from here irl?
                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Literal polar opposites.
                                                                      Conor has gone mad into the fitness ya wouldnt recognise him now half the man he was.

Comment

As I have met people over the years and shook their hand, I have noted them begin to perspire, the horror and guilt in their eyes as I stare them down.
                                                                        lol, Gold.

Comment

There was talk before of a "know your nerds" type gallery but i think the mystery is nearly always better than the reality.

I don't think i have met anyone from here irl?
                                                                          Shit yeah. Check my started threads. Years ago we did a lookalikeys, some gems.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeyboy View Post
                                                                            Maybe. Don't see the lightweight thing being an issue he has fought at that weight before. Didn't realise Sanchez was already booked vs Parke.
                                                                            Parke is out with an MCL injury.

McGregor got wind of it early and is a hype/marketing genius.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Literal polar opposites.
                                                                              Poker player? That the dude who was sound IRL but a rabble rouser online? Like Mick.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                The-Rigger was the first person I ever meet that I knew online before irl. (Maybe someone like Danny was, but I wasn't a very active poster so I don't count it). Don't think I had any pre-conceptions of what he'd look like so that's my very boring contribution to the conversation.

I assuming you're being genuine and aren't trolling (ie you actually know who I am), but that's pretty 100%. I'd say laughy far more than excitable, I'm very hard to genuinely excite (in the non-sexual sense). Early twenties rather than mid-twenties but everyone thinks I'm older than I am (that said, I'm more immature on IPB than irl so maybe that should be reflected). Everything else pretty spot on.
                                                                                Nah I know the least about you from the people I have guessed. Close enough! I am quite laughy so i guess I saw that in a fellow villa.
                                                                                I didn't guess younger as I thought people that young wouldn't be on here.
                                                                                Tar Brown hair male skinny plenty of.Brown and black clothes, skinny jeans and the likes
                                                                                Nearly spat out my water at skinny jeans and male. Fashion disasters they are.
                                                                                Love black, brown is pretty shit. Top marks would have been for grey.

Comment

Shit yeah. Check my started threads. Years ago we did a lookalikeys, some gems.
                                                                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                    Parke is out with an MCL injury.

McGregor got wind of it early and is a hype/marketing genius.
                                                                                    Do they gamble and throw McGregor in? Doubt it. Send him to Brazil, build hype instead?

Comment

Conor has gone mad into the fitness ya wouldnt recognise him now half the man he was.
                                                                                      I think I saw that somewhere. Kettlebells or something. Ah the Scuab. Many a battle.

Poker player? That the dude who was sound IRL but a rabble rouser online? Like Mick.
                                                                                      Thats him. Big chap. Looked like he sweated while eating ice cream. Like Mick says, in good nick now though.

Comment

You're obviously thinking of Danika from Take Me Out

Comment

This guy is awesome
                                                                                          Chuck Feeney has earned $7.5 billion, but he's not on The Forbes 400. Instead, the Duty Free Shoppers founder has secretly given it away as fast as he's made it. All he personally has left is $2 million-- and credit for inspiring the modern philanthropy movement

Great example of deficit financing starting out selling sandwiches (he would buy 700 sandwiches on a Friday with a cheque, sell them over the weekend for a profit and put money in his account for monday so that the cheque wouldn't bounce), then becoming a billionaire later on. Gave away all but two million to fund underprivileged people, but he would also make governments pledge more than he did so that they would end up giving more money to universities etc. Eg he gave the irish government 100 million for unis and they had to match it, often people would ahve to give far more. Apparently the book about him reads like fiction so must be good read.

Comment

I read that as the guy bought sambos on a Friday, sold them over the weekend, put the money in his account on Monday, then became a billionaire later on.

Like later on that day.

I was like, whoa!!

Comment

I read that as the guy bought sambos on a Friday, sold them over the weekend, put the money in his account on Monday, then became a billionaire later on.

Like later on that day.

I was like, whoa!!
                                                                                              Deli's hate him!
                                                                                              He became a billionaire with this one simple trick!

Comment

Although i rememebr how hilarious hitches possession were in his manbag, something like whiteboard markers and forbes magazines?
                                                                                                At least i get to guess again.
                                                                                                One whiteboard marker and the mag, class.
                                                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Do they gamble and throw McGregor in? Doubt it. Send him to Brazil, build hype instead?
                                                                                                  He's backing them into an impossible position. The history is there. If somebody does a decent looking poster for the event, and its gets tweeted around, it could get away from them.

Fuck it. I want to see it. Would be massive if he put Diego away. (and zero chance that Diego takes a dive in Mexico )

Comment

Like later on that day.

I was like, whoa!!
                                                                                                    no, the article is about Chuck Feeney, not mdoug.
                                                                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

This guy is awesome
                                                                                                      Chuck Feeney has earned $7.5 billion, but he's not on The Forbes 400. Instead, the Duty Free Shoppers founder has secretly given it away as fast as he's made it. All he personally has left is $2 million-- and credit for inspiring the modern philanthropy movement

Great example of deficit financing starting out selling sandwiches (he would buy 700 sandwiches on a Friday with a cheque, sell them over the weekend for a profit and put money in his account for monday so that the cheque wouldn't bounce), then becoming a billionaire later on. Gave away all but two million to fund underprivileged people, but he would also make governments pledge more than he did so that they would end up giving more money to universities etc. Eg he gave the irish government 100 million for unis and they had to match it, often people would ahve to give far more. Apparently the book about him reads like fiction so must be good read.
                                                                                                      also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMcjx...be.sIZdusOviBU is a good watch
                                                                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

He's backing them into an impossible position. The history is there. If somebody does a decent looking poster for the event, and its gets tweeted around, it could get away from them.

Fuck it. I want to see it. Would be massive if he put Diego away. (and zero chance that Diego takes a dive in Mexico )
                                                                                                        He could slap him silly for 3 rounds and be lucky to only lose on a split decision.

It is the judges fav fighter after all.

Comment

He needs to tone it down a bit now. He is over with fans. Hated and loved. Some balls on the man. He is either a lunatic or genuinely looking to get in and out over the next 5/6 years. Make the $$$.

All aboard the train though.

Comment

Without stating the obvious, Devilfish has lost the plot. Just saw SatNav commented on this Facebook status:

Originally posted by Dave Ulliott
                                                                                                            The Tv s just fukn gone there's just a wavy blue screen now had to turn it of was feeling sea sick. They don't make em like they use to HA wot a load of old bollocks my Mam n Dad always said this closely followed by oi David why arnt you at work "i'm only nine Mam " well shut up n keep out the way (they threw me out when i was ten ). They used to cost more 20 yrs ago and lasted 2 yrs i've had this Samsung 7 yrs and it's been turned on 24/7 (same as the wife ha) the wife neeeeeever turned it of even when she s hoovering and i'm as bad i'd write about ten words on here (usually takes me around 2 hrs) look up cos neck was aching and tv was paused on fuk all an advert for corned beef. So can't complain and i'm deffo getting another Samsung just hope the delivery guy knows how to plug it in and turn it on !! Hope Sam Sung reads this might give me one (A tv not a rogering probably not to many jap sausage jockeys anyway) for the gee up !!
                                                                                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Your opinion on this too Mellor

I know they were a highly anticipated fight on the local scene and it never happened.
                                                                                                              They mouth about each other but not properly and no real malice.
                                                                                                              Have a lol together that we get to see occasionally eg UFC Dublin Press Conference.
                                                                                                              McGregor hears obv really early that Parke is out of the fight, a fight Parke called for that doesnt do much for him except build his name a little bit, something Conor was onto and tried before his train became a runaway.

Were these two pals, knew where they were going?
                                                                                                              Is Parke a genuine future contender at 155?
                                                                                                              Joe Duffy who beat both is back in mma now. How long til he is in the UFC iyo?

I reckon when they get older and their paths reach the sign that points backwards they will meet and make each other alot of $$$. Play up the north v republic thing, maybe get a rematch too. Perfect co main in the future for a couple of ppv's.

Comment

Your opinion on this too Mellor

I know they were a highly anticipated fight on the local scene and it never happened.
                                                                                                                They mouth about each other but not properly and no real malice.
                                                                                                                Have a lol together that we get to see occasionally eg UFC Dublin Press Conference.
                                                                                                                McGregor hears obv really early that Parke is out of the fight, a fight Parke called for that doesnt do much for him except build his name a little bit, something Conor was onto and tried before his train became a runaway.

Were these two pals, knew where they were going?
                                                                                                                Is Parke a genuine future contender at 155?
                                                                                                                Joe Duffy who beat both is back in mma now. How long til he is in the UFC iyo?

I reckon when they get older and their paths reach the sign that points backwards they will meet and make each other alot of $$$. Play up the north v republic thing, maybe get a rematch too. Perfect co main in the future for a couple of ppv's.
                                                                                                                They were always a potential match as they were the two best on the Irish scene. They have a bit of back and forth now, but ultimately I think they genuinely want to see the other do well. Based on McGregors commentary on Parkes last fight, and Parkes support for CMcG on twitter. Parke really wanted the Diego fight (due to the Ross Pearson decision). I wouldn't be surprised if his camp let Conor know early. First in, best dressed.

Parke is good, but he isn't top 5 LW good. That's the toughest division imo. But he's working hard on his striking. Talking inspiration for Conor and Ross. So who knows.
                                                                                                                Joe Duffy was the best at one point, but no idea how he's done since quitting. Hif he kept it up, he's a few wins away from a UFC call.

Comment

The Family Guy/Simpsons crossover episode was actually pretty good.
                                                                                                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Easy to 'guess' what someone looks like when their pic is easy to attain from their sig tbf. I'm onto you tar

Also @jamfly, when I met ya in footie I had no idea what to expect. I expected a scrawny kid for some reason because you hung out with tobin and lopez and they are skinny as fuck
                                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                                      The Family Guy/Simpsons crossover episode was actually pretty good.
                                                                                                                      Thought it was terrible.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                      The fight scene was about 7 minutes. Family Guy is bad for filler but this took the biscuit. Its a pity it was a Family Guy episode and not a Simpsons episode.

Comment

Thought it was terrible.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        The fight scene was about 7 minutes. Family Guy is bad for filler but this took the biscuit. Its a pity it was a Family Guy episode and not a Simpsons episode.
                                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                                        Family Guy is terrible for filler, what's even more, the self parody irks me too - "lulz we're so lazy we use filler, but now we make the filler even longer to point out the irony and get a laugh that way"

Despite that, there was some good cheap laughs in it. I did find the premise of the show humorous tbf. Again, it was nothing too original and mostly self parody, but it still amused me. The Carl-Clevland line I literally lol'd at. It was nearly all cheap laughs, but fuck it, original comedy is in the past, I'll take the cheap laughs.

Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                          Easy to 'guess' what someone looks like when their pic is easy to attain from their sig tbf. I'm onto you tar

Also @jamfly, when I met ya in footie I had no idea what to expect. I expected a scrawny kid for some reason because you hung out with tobin and lopez and they are skinny as fuck
                                                                                                                          surely we met each other at some stage before that??
                                                                                                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X