X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@RDIII What did you think of ze Hamlet?

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
      Anyone recommend a pub near the Macau in Cork to pass an hour?
      Gallaghers on McCurtain street
      Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

...quick technology text...someone I know is selling a Samsung tablet 10.1 inches , pretty much brand new with boxes chargers and stuff...selling for 250..thinking of picking it up for my mam , woujd you say that's good value...how much would it normally go for if second hand...

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
          @RDIII What did you think of ze Hamlet?
          Raw. Visceral. Mad. Funny.
          I am still trying to process it. Disturbing dreams the last few nights.

Actually think the German may have liberated the text somewhat (I am a very poor speaker but think they used modern German rather than old). Our neighbour is a professional actor, we met him afterwards and he was just shaking his head in speechless amazement.

Off to see the Australian learning-disabled Weds so that will bring me back down to earth.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
            Gallaghers on McCurtain street
            Cheers switchy. I've been to this bar before but I just didn't realise it. Last time I was here I was on mega tilt and was like a zombie but beer is good and seems nice so far, ty

Comment

Originally posted by The Rigger View Post
              Sick life. I haven't gotten anything yet.

There will soon be an exciting collaboration bwtween The Night Crew and The Breakfast Club,.
              When are you going live with, ahem,"The Event"?
              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Cheers switchy. I've been to this bar before but I just didn't realise it. Last time I was here I was on mega tilt and was like a zombie but beer is good and seems nice so far, ty
                Actually, screw you switchy. No sky sports

Comment

Actually, screw you switchy. No sky sports
                  Sky sports in the macau
                  Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                    Sky sports in the macau
                    Yeah I know that. I know for next time about no sport in Gallaghers anyway. Apart from that it was a solid recommendation. Good beer, friendly staff and a nice spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                      One for Flushdraw.....

UK dude on Stars yesterday finished -

1/1737 in the Sunday kickoff
                      1/35594 in the Storm
                      1/5636 in the Bigger $55

He also won the Big $22 last Thursday.

Some heater
                      Drugs obviously

Comment

The little box on the home page with the latest posts is gone how do I get it back

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Finkel View Post
                          The little box on the home page with the latest posts is gone how do I get it back
                          A little circle with two arrows on the right hand side of your screen, near the top. Click it.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                            A little circle with two arrows on the right hand side of your screen, near the top. Click it.
                            Nope

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Finkel View Post
                              Nope
                              Quick links drop down menu, choose 'turn on top stats' (or something like that wording).

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                Quick links drop down menu, choose 'turn on top stats' (or something like that wording).
                                Thanks dom, fuck you fancy trousers

Comment

Oneplus website down?
                                  May have nabbed a code but can't get on the site.
                                  Easy enough to order?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                    Raw. Visceral. Mad. Funny.
                                    I am still trying to process it. Disturbing dreams the last few nights.

Actually think the German may have liberated the text somewhat (I am a very poor speaker but think they used modern German rather than old). Our neighbour is a professional actor, we met him afterwards and he was just shaking his head in speechless amazement.

Off to see the Australian learning-disabled Weds so that will bring me back down to earth.
                                    Thinking about it more while I was out walking the dog and I compiled a list of things experienced that I never expected to experience at a production of Hamlet:
                                    1. Hamlet dressed in suspenders and a blonde wig
                                    2. Hamlet doing interactive rap with the audience
                                    3. All the cast slugging cans of Dutch Gold on stage
                                    4. Hamlet simulating anal rape of Claudius
                                    5. Hamlet slagging off Osric for his choice of costume
                                    6. Hamlet executing Polonius gangsta-style with an AK47
                                    7. Hamlet slagging off an audience member for wearing a man-bag
                                    8. Hamlet simulating fellatio on Horatio
                                    9. Hamlet making the surtitles lady laugh uncontrollably by simulating fellatio
                                    10. Hamlet eating dirt (real dirt)
                                    11. Hamlet advising us that New Work is the best place to take your (gay) lover
                                    12. No Yorick!
                                    13. Hamlet summarising the problem as "you killed my father and you're fucking my mother!"

All of which makes it sound like it should have been terrible. But it wasn't; it was brilliant, brilliantly subversive. I have seen Schaubuhne in action before so was somewhat prepared but this was off the charts.

10/10 imo

what did you think yourself?

Comment

UFC178 getting a rerun on 3e at 10pm for anyone interested.

Comment

Please remind me to never watch newcastle or stoke ever again
                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                          Look at the people doing the hating...puzzle solved.
                                          can you really tell much about people based on what sports they do\don't like?
                                          You may be on to something here - I will offer up my own preferences for analysis:

Sports I like:
                                          • Cricket
                                          • Horse racing
                                          • Athletics
                                          • Rugby Union
                                          • Hurling
                                          • Baseball
                                          • Hockey
                                          • Ice hockey
                                          • Men's tennis

Sports that make me say 'meh':
                                          • Soccer
                                          • Gaelic football
                                          • Women's tennis
                                          • Swimming
                                          • Boxing
                                          • Basketball
                                          • All alpine sports

Sports I actively dislike:
                                          • MMA\UFC
                                          • Cycling
                                          • All motor sports
                                          • American football
                                          • Weighlifting
                                          • Equestrian
                                          • Rowing
                                          • Golf

what does this say? (fuck all I suspect )

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                              Went to kiss the kid goodnight and she goes 'daddy, i don't like your beard'. Success! After a mere two weeks growing, I've now officially got a beard. How the fck does she know what a beard is though?
                                              Santa

Comment

Rd3, your views on ping pong?
                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                    Rd3, your views on ping pong?
                                                    I approve of it

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                      Looking like a massive result for me for Stoke.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                        Looking like a massive result for me for Stoke.
                                                        You're crazy
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                          New sheep game up and running. It includes a new 'What AJ thinks' section

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...903#post842903
                                                          14 entries at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                            You're crazy
                                                            Season long bets, not even I can bbv Pardew and NUFC.

Would even take a draw if it meant Pardew stays.

Comment

Went to kiss the kid goodnight and she goes 'daddy, i don't like your beard'. Success! After a mere two weeks growing, I've now officially got a beard. How the fck does she know what a beard is though?
                                                              My one says 'Daddy, shave off your spikes please, they're sticking in me!'

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                what did you think yourself?
                                                                Didn't do it for me. Loved the technical aspects of the opening at the grave. But I found the switch from madcap to the actual text rendered the latter stripped of gravitas. Mostly I thought it was an excess of self-indulgence.

So I closed my eyes and rested numerous times, and actually would like to have left.

I've been to a couple of surtitiled shows in the past few days, and booked your Ganesh one for Friday which does too, why won't they put the surtitled screens in more ergonomically sensible places?

Looking forward to Druid's Tom Murphy double bill on Wednesday.

Comment

Caught a double header in the cinema today, Pride and The Equalizer. *Very* different films but enjoyed both, Pride is actually genuinely good, can't beat the British when it comes to comedy dramas imo. The Equalizer is absolutely retarded but in terms of leave your brain at the door action films it's up there with the likes of Taken, some very entertaining fight scenes.
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by TheVelvetFog View Post
                                                                    Hi folks,

The missus turns 30 this coming Feb so have decided I'm going to bring her to Vegas as a pressie .

Just looking for some advise in general about booking etc.

Firstly, am I best going through a site like Expedia or the likes to book the whole lot together? If so, can anyone recommend the best site to use? Or should I wait till jan and try get a better price on flights in the sales? Negotiate directly with the hotel on room rates etc?(Heard this was possible given that lots of empty rooms that time of year?)

Secondly can anyone recommend a hotel on the strip for value and quality please? Don't mind paying a few quid extra if it's worth it.
                                                                    Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                    Booking.com or Hotels.com are always cheaper in my experience. Dont forget the $20 trick on check-in.

Check out Harrahs. It was a reasonable middle of the road hotel in a good location on the Strip.
                                                                    Cheers for the reply

Anyone else got an input or is this pretty much the way to go?

Comment

Liked the look of pride from the trailer, british comedies are way ahead of american ones, lost faith in any american comedy
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Cheers for the reply

Have a read HERE. You might find some info you're looking for.

Comment

time to give Aphex twins new album a spin, liked his first two had forgotten about him altogether until the latest hype
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Cheers for the reply

If you're planning on gambling book directly from hotels website, you just pay a deposit and comps etc will be deducted when you pay balance at end.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                              time to give Aphex twins new album a spin, liked his first two had forgotten about him altogether until the latest hype
                                                                              Its good stuff, anyone into that kind of deep relaxing electronic music will probably like Burial and Four tet.

Burial - Untrue is unreal.

iTunes: http://smarturl.it/MartynTABWitNinja Shop: http://smarturl.it/MartynTABWAmazon: http://smarturl.it/MartynTABWazTaken from the Martyn album 'The Air B...

That on the sound system at sonar was so so so good. Maybe not quite the same as aphex twin but i reckon people who like the aphex twin album would probably like those
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Taken from Four Tet's forthcoming fabric Live album, which has blown me away in honesty. His track selection is phenomenal to say the least. Here Four Tet ha...

bonobo got some good stuff too

New album 'Fragments' released 14 January 2022 on Ninja Tune: https://bonobo.lnk.to/fragmentsYoVideo by http://www.cyriak.co.ukFollow Bonobo -Facebook: https...
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

@DP and Danny, how exactly did you guys get your invites? Seriously struggling here...

Comment

Had to google meaning of 'neophyte' as posted earlier here.

Dont come upon that word much in Fermanagh

Will try and slip it into conversation at drink session tmw night after last day of game fishing season and see if I get punched.

Comment

Do you think the McGregor fight was a good spectacle for neophyte Irish UFC'ers who may have stayed up late for it?
                                                                                      The McGregor fight was probably over too quick for a newcomer to appreciate.

But the main card as a whole, Plus the Cruz fight they aired after the ME, was 6 excellent fights that covered a huge range of outcomes.
                                                                                      Quick stoppages, domainant performances, massive comebacks, saved by the bell, 3 round display, and outclassed submission.
                                                                                      As a whole the event was great imo.
                                                                                      Last edited by Mellor; 29-09-14, 23:05.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                        Had to google meaning of 'neophyte' as posted earlier here.

Dont come upon that word much in Fermanagh

Will try and slip it into conversation at drink session tmw night after last day of game fishing season and see if I get punched.
                                                                                        First year in about 30 i havent caughta trout didnt try though.
                                                                                        Rivers lowest ive ever seen them in west anyways.
                                                                                        Was a grand programme on rte today called abhainn.
                                                                                        The river Moy was showcased.
                                                                                        In 1825 in one week 12000 salmon were caught must have been unreal runs of salmon now thats whats caught in a full rod year.
                                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 29-09-14, 23:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                          @DP and Danny, how exactly did you guys get your invites? Seriously struggling here...
                                                                                          NVM, Shiippp

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

But the main card as a whole, Plus the Cruz fight they aired after the ME, was 6 excellent fights that covered a huge range of outcomes.
                                                                                            Quick stoppages, domainant performances, massive comebacks, saved by the bell, 3 round display, and outclassed submission.
                                                                                            Well the McGregor thing has certainly had an effect. I just watched UFC 1 again tonight, watched an interview with Ken Shamrock, read an interview with Fedor yesterday.

I used to watch MMA in the early days with Pride, UFC, and K-1 as I grew up watching boxing a lot as a kid. I remember watching UWF shown as Bushido here and not realising it was shoot style rather than real.

The time thing is what really stops me from watching UFC. I'm just not gonna stay up until 4am to watch it. It's a pity, because I can't remember the last time I watched a boxing fight.

I'm gonna have another go at watching every major UFC PPV again.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rigger View Post
                                                                                              I'm no math wizz but surely the 'average' player at that stage makes it 9 times in 740 attempts
                                                                                              I assumed final table was 10 players, stop being pedantic! College has changed you dude...

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                              I've a mate who's doing International Relations above in DCU and for whatever reason it's conferred as a BSc. He takes great pleasure in calling me his 'fellow scientist' whenever he can.
                                                                                              I had a friend doing Law and Accounting (which is given as a BA). I was doing a BSc at the time and used slag him the whole time about doing arts and the great job he'd get with an arts degree (needless, I obv ended up changing from my course to economics which was also a BA). He graduated there last year and posted some typical emotional, end of an era type status. I commented "Well done on getting your arts degree". Was at work and when I came back to the computer I noticed my comment wasn't there - I assumed I must not have clicked enter. I typed it again and posted it. Apparently it had been posted and he deleted. After posting it the second time, he blocked me as friend. Haven't seen or heard from him since...

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                              Season long bets, not even I can bbv Pardew and NUFC.

Would even take a draw if it meant Pardew stays.
                                                                                              I'm behind in all 4 season long bets I placed this season. I also had the Pardew dilemma, wasn't sure if a loss and the inevitable sacking would actually be favourable for the bet.

Heard a radio report today about Mike Ashley saying Pardew would be sacked if he lost to Stoke. When pressed on it, Ashley apparently said he was just joking. Bit like joking with Jews about being gassed during the actual Holocaust.
                                                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

The time thing is what really stops me from watching UFC. I'm just not gonna stay up until 4am to watch it. It's a pity, because I can't remember the last time I watched a boxing fight.

I'm gonna have another go at watching every major UFC PPV again.
                                                                                                Yeah, when I was home for Xmas. Staying up to 5am for the Silva fight was annoying. I've grown so used to watching events between 12-3pm on a Sunday. I actually really like that time as it's now part of my Sunday.

Comment

Just on the whole MMA McGregor thing, I never got into the whole thing myself and I'm finding it hard to get on the McGregor bandwagon just for the sake of it but I have two mates who are MMA fighters, Tom Sullivan and James Regan, both have had a few fights in Ireland and England but nothing too major yet. The two lads are a couple of the quitest and soundest men I know, until they get in the ring and it's like a switch goes off. I would never have the balls to do anything like that and after seeing what the lads go through in training and preparation I have the utmost respect for anyone competing in the sport.

Some of the talk in here about easy knock downs and "soft" punches is laughable. If anyone has any doubts they should go to a boxing gym and ask for a quick sparring session. A normal person would struggle to last 30 seconds with a fighter coming at you, not at full force either.

Comment

Never ever knew that pickle juice apparently heals cramps. Random!
                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Also on the season long bets, is it just 1xjamfly, 1xbohs, 1xchd that I have?
                                                                                                      If I have another please tell me now as I was pretty sure I had 4 but can't find it when I looked back or in my notes so might be in person :/.
                                                                                                      Only asking about season long team ones, I know my ff ones that I'm gonna have to pay out on.
                                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

wake up already finklestein
                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

The wimmins and the middleweight black and ehute kad really knocked the snot out of each other.

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                          I assumed final table was 10 players, stop being pedantic! College has changed you dude...
                                                                                                          Actually I think 10 is right, final table is 10 but tv final table is 9. Anyhow it was the 740 to 370 that was more important.

Billy big balls alright...

Originally posted by Jamfly

I had a friend doing Law and Accounting (which is given as a BA). I was doing a BSc at the time and used slag him the whole time about doing arts and the great job he'd get with an arts degree (needless, I obv ended up changing from my course to economics which was also a BA). He graduated there last year and posted some typical emotional, end of an era type status. I commented "Well done on getting your arts degree". Was at work and when I came back to the computer I noticed my comment wasn't there - I assumed I must not have clicked enter. I typed it again and posted it. Apparently it had been posted and he deleted. After posting it the second time, he blocked me as friend. Haven't seen or heard from him since...
                                                                                                          Fuck him if he obviously can't take a joke. What's his name, I'll add him.
                                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I'd like some season long bets.
                                                                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Looking forward to Druid's Tom Murphy double bill on Wednesday.
                                                                                                              I'm going to Brigit on Saturday so spoiler that shit (mostly I expect swearing, drinking and emotional incontinence though).

On Hamlet, were you surprised by what you saw? The tone of your post suggestsvyou might have been. Ostermeier does have the reputation of being a 'terrorist' after all.

Comment

Hilary Quinlan The Irish Times reports this morning that junior minister at the Department of the Environment and Waterford TD, Paudie Coffey, has hired former Waterford Fine Gael councillor and Ir…

Some lovely quotes there from the bauld Hilary.. Always was a useless knobjockey anyway

Comment

Never ever knew that pickle juice apparently heals cramps. Random!
                                                                                                                  Magnesium, innit.
                                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                                    First year in about 30 i havent caughta trout didnt try though.
                                                                                                                    Rivers lowest ive ever seen them in west anyways.
                                                                                                                    Was a grand programme on rte today called abhainn.
                                                                                                                    The river Moy was showcased.
                                                                                                                    In 1825 in one week 12000 salmon were caught must have been unreal runs of salmon now thats whats caught in a full rod year.
                                                                                                                    Must show Dad that programme, we get him a days fishing on the Ridge pool in Ballina for birthday/xmas presents. Can RTE programmes be cast from chrome browser to chromecast does anyone know?
                                                                                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

...

Comment

Have to be an personal tutor to some first year students this year. Was talking to one of them there asking him what modules he's doing, what he likes, dislikes etc. He was saying the computer science module involved the lecturer putting up slides of keyboard, monitor, etc and going 'this is a keyboard' 'this is a monitor' 'this is a mouse'.

Maybe have a think over that when you next look at the hefty tax deduction from your paycheck.
                                                                                                                        But did he like that module or not???
                                                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Maybe have a think over that when you next look at the hefty tax deduction from your paycheck.
                                                                                                                          As a lowly PAYE worker what means are there to reduce your tax bill? Preferably something apple-esque.

Pension
                                                                                                                          Rent/Mortgage relief

Anything else? How do you get into the movie business?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X