This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    Only getting into UFC, have fight pass, giz a good Demetrious Johnson fight to watch.
    his last fight with dodson was good

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
      He's boring as fuck. Too good for his division.

Watch Donald Cerrones last few fights. Will get you excited for the Co Main. He's on a crazy streak of finishes.
      Was actually gonna ask for him until I saw the build up to the Johnson weigh in.

Will do, cheers man.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Cage Warriors 51: Conor McGregor v Ivan Buchinger - Dublin, Ireland (December 31, 2012): CWFC vacant lightweight title bout.

Great knockout at 6.05. I cant wait for this fight!

Comment

Poirier needs to get himself a sports psychologist. I never seen someone been broken down mentally so effectively before.

Comment

is the fight tonight or tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
              Poirier needs to get himself a sports psychologist. I never seen someone been broken down mentally so effectively before.
              Kevin Keegan perhaps

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                is the fight tonight or tomorrow?
                Tomorrow night i.e. about 4am on Sunday morning

Comment

The misanthrope was a great adaption in the ha'penny inn this evening. cool to see a 400 year old play moderised and made Irish. Great stuff!

Happy birthday avril

Comment

nm
                    Last edited by Flushdraw; 27-09-14, 01:36.

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                      his last fight with dodson was good
                      That was good. That Dodson kid is one tough little fucker, loved his attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                        Going crazy here.

We have wired smoke alarms in the house. Each one has a battery back up aswel and the one in the sitting room start going off about an hour ago. I changed the battery, cleaned it etc but it didn't make any difference. Even when i take it down and remove the battery, the wires coming from the ceiling that it connects into are still beeping away every 30 seconds, and it's not quiet either. Does anyone have any ideas because everyone else is awake with it now
                        Try a different battery maybe.

Perhaps a dead battery you put in.

Comment

Btw, be prepared for the rest of them to start failing over the next few days, stock up on batteries.

The batteries all run out at the same time given they were all installed at the same time.

Comment

Try a different battery maybe.

Perhaps a dead battery you put in.
                            Btw, be prepared for the rest of them to start failing over the next few days, stock up on batteries.

The batteries all run out at the same time given they were all installed at the same time.
                            FML it was the carbon monoxide alarm that was going off and not the smoke alarm. They both have the same ear splitting screech and sounded like they were coming from the same place

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                              FML it was the carbon monoxide alarm that was going off and not the smoke alarm. They both have the same ear splitting screech and sounded like they were coming from the same place
                              Tony, be careful about that. Open some windows while you make sure it's the battery.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29386974

That is a turn up for the books for Ashya King.
                                Glad she got her dog back.

That was really cringe, playground 'hold me back' yeah yeah stuff.
                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

So lads, fess up. Who here owns a fleshlight?
                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Does anyone here have any reccuring dream/s??

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                      Nope. But you'd think with all your recent success you'd at least be able to afford a brazzer. Even an ugly one like hitch had! She can't charge too much.

Comment

had to google what it was tbh

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                        recurring, yeah some but not much. I do like thinking about mad dreams you've had. I know the accepted theory is that dreams are basically bullshit and there's no significance in them, but I think it's a lot more fun to read into dreams.
                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                          Nope. But you'd think with all your recent success you'd at least be able to afford a brazzer. Even an ugly one like hitch had! She can't charge too much.
                                          Give a man a brazzer and you sort him for a day. Teach a man to fleshlight and you sort him for a lifetime.
                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

If your dream does not come through that makes you a liar imo
                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Teeth falling out. Had that for about 15 years. Hated it. I'd feel my tooth a bit loose then I'd be messin around with it and it'd fall out then the rest of them one after the other then I'd wake up in a sweat. It stopped a couple of years ago. Thank fuck.
                                              Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                Switching Day

Have the annual switching day coming up, where I check if I'm paying cheapest for all bills and if not switch or cajole existing providers into dropping their prices.

Broadband:
                                                Have the €80 a month 200mb broadband + 200 channels deal with UPC. We don't watch tv, especially now we have Chromecast, so going to ring them and switch to 200mb broadband only. Says its €52 a month for broadband only - is that the best price they'll offer or is it worth negotiating?

Electricity:
                                                Switched to Airtricity last year as they offered a 7% discount for a year on ESB prices. If I ring them and say do this for another year or we're gone is there a decent likelihood of them following through, or is it best to avoid all that and just switch to whoever is offering a similar discount?

Mobile:
                                                It's €20 a month with 3, which is obviously unbeatable with the 4g (practically) unlimited. But I normally never use up more than a €5 of the €20 credit as everyone is on 3 so its free calling, and can use Google Hangouts for calling when the free calling expires after 30 days. The issue is that the free internet expires after 30 days, when I'd happily last two months on the €20 credit if it wasn't for this. Is there some sort of decent add-on internet package you can buy from your leftover credit to get you through the second month? Seem to remember someone here mentioning it, but can't see it on their awful website. How do you buy it?

Health Insurance:
                                                Tied into it for the next year due to laziness, but is €2,000 a year (net of tax) with VHI about right for two adults and a kid, or can it be vastly cheaper with an alternative provider while still offering the ability to jump the queue over poorer sick people in the event of catastrophe?

Banking:
                                                If anyone else is thinking of saving money on a big switching day, you've really got to switch to PTSB. Can't understand the mentality of staying with BoI and throwing away €130 a year on nothing. Mention my name and they'll give you free banking if you deposit more than €1,500 a month.

Other:
                                                Cigs and spending money on convenience foods that just aren't very nice but are, well, convenient, are easily the biggest leaks. Obv switching to vaping when the Russian cigs run out, but need to put a lot more thought into the household food strategy. Thinking of getting a slow cooker with a timer so food can be cooking away while we're out of the house and then there's enough left over for lunch the next day. The Tefal slow cooker seems like the winner in terms of slow cookers as can fill it up in the morning and has a timer to switch on whenever you want?
                                                I am going to join you on the next annual switching day.
                                                I've literally been procrastinating for months, moving the task forward on my google calendar of calling UPC (hate dealing with them, did sort of call but didn't get a reduction and need to step it up a few gears).

A few days ago I finally called Electric Ireland. They moved me on to a package that reduced both electric and gas by 12% or something.

Anyhow, we are pretty much synched and your system of doing it all in one day is a good one.

So, is this held on the 26th of September each year? The last friday of September each year? Or is it a moveable feast?

Comment

Banking:
                                                  If anyone else is thinking of saving money on a big switching day, you've really got to switch to PTSB. Can't understand the mentality of staying with BoI and throwing away €130 a year on nothing. Mention my name and they'll give you free banking if you deposit more than €1,500 a month.
                                                  I didn't mention your name and I got this . Why mention your name though, surely you don't get affiliate/referral bonuses on ptsb?
                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Just finished watching purge anarchy there, was not as bad I expected tbf.

I need new tv shows
                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Is this day the greatest?

Comment

Comment

Ah no, i was, how you say, having the laughs
                                                            Awww was really I could start referring people to ptsb and getting some rewards! pfffft

Random question, was before my time but anyone know what price Irwin used to be to score first back in the day? Have a fun bet on baines at 20/1 today and had me wondering about irwin
                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

...Golf Streams that I used yesterday for anyone interested...Seems to be very goof quality...

Comment

20 odd hour sport binge begins

Comment

20 odd hour sport binge begins
                                                                  Predictions CHD?

Comment

Funking for an American win today to keep things close going into the singles

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                      Predictions CHD?
                                                                      Tiredness to be defeated. Satisfaction everywhere.

I'd take an average day of sport though just to see McGregor win a one round war with a vicious KO to satisfy my thirst for war. Cut a class promo then after that makes me nod my head til I sleep.

Last edited by CHDad; 27-09-14, 06:54.

Comment

The Americans choice of jumper for today is on a par with a cringey xmas jumper.

Comment

Comment

Ffs could they not have kept Monty until the footy was on.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                              Ffs could they not have kept Monty until the footy was on.
                                                                              Never knew he was Ryder Cup captain before tbh

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                Never knew he was Ryder Cup captain before tbh
                                                                                Did someone say he was?

Comment

Spend the 790 on drugs and gambling I assume
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

I'm on the 44 upc package also, laptop hdmi and wireless keyboard mouse entertainment sorted. Download what I want to watch.

Access to fathers skygo is a help though
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

U-S-A U-S-A

Comment

Poulter struggling badly so far, can't be having him and Rory odds on for this match.
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                          Poulter struggling badly so far, can't be having him and Rory odds on for this match.
                                                                                          Rory is on fire. But your right Poulter is not playing well

Comment

lols
                                                                                            used to have one when i was a child, I would be driving but my eyesight would be completely blurred. Also had teeth one which was anxiety/worry.

A few nights ago I dreamed about the revealing of wws, before we even found out the horrible truth. We were all in a massive cave with fire torches wearing robes like a cult.
                                                                                            be cool to try one, trip report, also buy me one as a weird thing to buy friends with winnings

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder
                                                                                            make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better
                                                                                            do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster
                                                                                            raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

I didn't mention your name and I got this . Why mention your name though, surely you don't get affiliate/referral bonuses on ptsb?
                                                                                            oh lol
                                                                                            Tried to persuade that crowd I work with to go with the idea of a Switching Day, but they didn't want to share a platform with other bills. Bit shortsighted imo, as most people don't consider banks as part of their switching behavior, while this would have made it a natural part of the switchable family.

Yesterday;

- Got UPC down from €80 to €44. Cheers to BigDeal as was going to go with the €52 package until he said his bit. Wouldn't suit everyone obv as some people like tv. Annual savings: €430

- Will cut the mobile bill by €10 a month x 2 people in the house. We'll alternate the months we do this so we always have free 3 calls. Cheers Micknail. Annual savings: €240

- One other bill is about to be cut by at least a tenner a month due to an anonymous tip from here. Annual savings: €120

€790 annual savings for the year in a day. Sweetness.
                                                                                            whats the 44e package?

Only annoying thing changing mine is that they sign you up to a year new package and charge you to downgrade.
                                                                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 27-09-14, 09:35.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                              Rory is on fire. But your right Poulter is not playing well
                                                                                              Damn Rory nice putt, it is basically 2 v 1 out there though, Poulter a non entity.

Rose has been standout player by a distance first 3 sessions.
                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

A sampling of the languages I've been studying recently. I'm clearly better at some than others, so any critiques or advice would be great! FB: https://www.f...

Nice, best kid at languages ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                  A few nights ago I dreamed about the revealing of wws, before we even found out the horrible truth. We were all in a massive cave with fire torches wearing robes like a cult.

I had that same dream a few weeks ago. The village was down to the bare bones and the final three ww's were destroying all in their path. Nobody or nothing could stop them, we were doomed until finally a hero emerged from the burning wreckage of our village and stepped the fuck up and knocked the final ww's the fuck down. He saved all in it single-handedly, a crushing comeback victory the likes of which werewolf has never seen before and will never see again.

I woke up and that dream became a reality.

I was the hero.

I won.

Comment

These three girls won the Google Science Fair:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                                      I had that same dream a few weeks ago. The village was down to the bare bones and the final three ww's were destroying all in their path. Nobody or nothing could stop them, we were doomed until finally a hero emerged from the burning wreckage of our village and stepped the fuck up and knocked the final ww's the fuck down. He saved all in it single-handedly, a crushing comeback victory the likes of which werewolf has never seen before and will never see again.

I woke up and that dream became a reality.

I was the hero.

I won.
                                                                                                      link?

Comment

Rose/Stenson v Watson/Kuchar is fucking silly.

Your page was not found. Try the main menu above or going back to home.

Every hole bar the 4th birdied by at least one team.

Comment

Big momentum shift for the Yanks here, afternoon pairings will be interesting, Stenson sitting it out is a massive loss for Europe, surely Poults has to be benched too. Wonder if they go for the power pairing of Rose and Rory.
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Big momentum shift for the Yanks here, afternoon pairings will be interesting, Stenson sitting it out is a massive loss for Europe, surely Poults has to be benched too. Wonder if they go for the power pairing of Rose and Rory.
                                                                                                            WP'd

Comment

What a chip, need to push on from that now.

Comment

POULTER!

Comment

WP'd
                                                                                                                  One decent chip in an otherwise forgettable round for him. He's been awful from the tee.

Come on BBV, do your worst
                                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Friend of mine just text to say traffic is mental from Naas, they are an hour sitting and still not at newlands cross. I'm going to Ballsbridge. Is there any other better way I can go
                                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

One decent chip in an otherwise forgettable round for him. He's been awful from the tee.

Come on BBV, do your worst
                                                                                                                      I can't stand the fucker. Playing like someone who won a competition to take part.

Comment

Comment

Awww was really I could start referring people to ptsb and getting some rewards! pfffft

Random question, was before my time but anyone know what price Irwin used to be to score first back in the day? Have a fun bet on baines at 20/1 today and had me wondering about irwin
                                                                                                                          Not sure about Irwin but 1st scorer bets only started getting really popular in the late 90s iirc. When Henry joined Arsenal & it started to become clear he was pretty decent he could still be regularly got at 9s for FGS. Great days.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X