Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People seriously give their kids cereal like that?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
      People seriously give their kids cereal like that?
      Yep. There's always 3/4 boxes of cereal in the house, so once the box is gone, they need to finish off the Weetabix, Cherios or whatever else is there before they get the fancy stuff again. I never had them as a kid, but nothing wrong with a 12 and 13 year old taking that cereal instead of nothing now and again.

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

got my oneplus one
          it's the sex
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
            Ya that's the stupid one she's on about. I told her I'd be eating normally if she's doing that. I haven't had bread, dairy or potatoes in the last 10 days or so, and while I don't miss them particularly, I miss the convenience, especially with sandwiches. Obviously properly bad food is a bigger leak and I've cut that out too except for a square of 70% chocolate a day.
            I havent eat bread or fast food or any rubbish really over the last months. I eat so much fruit and veg and I religiously eat a breakfast with fruit every morning, if I fancy a snacky type food these are my vices:

SPOILER

SPOILER

few riveta with this is delish and takes away snack cravings

SPOILER
            Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

Comment

More diet shit.

I think it may have been hotspur who mooted the idea of whispering "you are going to die" in the ear of anyone who witters on incessantly about their diet. Excellent antidote imo.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Hungover as hell with little sleep about to embark on a 4-hour road trip to New Orleans. Save me jebus.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                  Hungover as hell with little sleep about to embark on a 4-hour road trip to New Orleans. Save me jebus.
                  Make sure you say N'orlans.
                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                    got my oneplus one
                    it's the sex
                    Jealous. If you know of any invites please help a brother out.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                      Make sure you say N'orlans.
                      Treme has me all set.

Comment

Today's wordle

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                          At the end of the day the same basic principal to weight loss remains the same i.e. you need to burn more calories than you take in. Now obviously its very hard for the fitness industry to make money off that principal so they need to disguise it with bells and whistles. Much like the way vegas is always trying to come up with fancier ways for you to do the loots.

Anyway if someone wanted to be scientific about it just work out what you are burning every day and pick a reasonable amount of calories below this - the recommended is 500 but I dont see any harm in stretching that a bit once you aren't too miserable and eat that much.

As far as food choices go I think that should be up to the individual where possible. After awhile (if they want to stay within their daily limit) they will see that a Mars bar = a 50g bowl of pasta = a 400g piece of sausage wrapped in bacon More often than not the healthier food choice will leave you feeling fuller for longer. The only reason I avoid a lot of carbs is because I think there are better volume : calorie foods out there that wont leave me feeling as bloated. I also want to keep my blood sugar and hormones reasonably level but thats another discussion.

Really considering endocrinology as a career leaning on treating diabetes and the overweight problem we have. So much misinformation and lobby groups to get through though
                          One thing I'm finding in the US is that despite the presumably high calorie content I rarely feel satiated after meals.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                            Was just joking about the 4 lights, every time I get off the train/bus home I meet my father, he asks do you want some chips, it's straight into the happy eater as is tradition.
                            How did your father react when you finally came out? Did it take him a while to accept it?

I can't imagine how I'd feel if a child of mine ever came home and told me they'd turned vegan.

Comment

@Denny: Did you source a key for your postbox?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                More diet shit.

I think it may have been hotspur who mooted the idea of whispering "you are going to die" in the ear of anyone who witters on incessantly about their diet. Excellent antidote imo.

The laugh is actually on you and Hotspur because dieting and eating healthy isn't about preventing death, it's about improving your existence while you're still here. If you ever whisper in my ear I'll smile sympathetically at you, wish you good luck and jog on to the nearest salad bar while you're still trying to catch your breath.

Comment

i hope u choke on dat salad

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                    @Denny: Did you source a key for your postbox?
                                    Nope, didn't get back to it really.

Comment

How to make a perfect G&T apparently

Comment

Abonnez-vous !YouTube  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmai0beocGgXjQbDeNKkhJw?view_as=publicFacebook  https://www.facebook.com/SebastienBarrioPhotographi...
                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

FFL on the scoresheet again

Comment

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
                                            The laugh is actually on you and Hotspur because dieting and eating healthy isn't about preventing death, it's about improving your existence while you're still here. If you ever whisper in my ear I'll smile sympathetically at you, wish you good luck and jog on to the nearest salad bar while you're still trying to catch your breath.
                                            we will wheeze back at you and summon our henchmen to sort you out

Comment

Kevin Ireland and his Neighbours on the news

LMAO

Comment

where is the best place to purchase Beats wireless over the ear headphones, or are they all wireless? I see some on harvey norman site for 199, not sure if wireless.
                                                Himself has decided that he wouldnt mind a pair of them after seeing a friends pair. ffs he only bought headphones the last time he was home for 90 quid. Fucking headphones all over the house.

I see other ones for over 300

I am presuming he is big on noise reduction for the plane travelling.
                                                Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Not diets again? Bring back the coke and hookers BBV of the Noughties.
                                                    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                      Kevin Ireland and his Neighbours on the news

LMAO
                                                      Nothing to do with me, the cunts

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                        FFL on the scoresheet again
                                                        And another for the fatman

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                          Filling in the Irish citizenship form tonight. They want three utility bills / other letters etc to your address for each of the last three years. Who the fck receives letters anymore? Yikes.
                                                          would Herself not prefer to remain a citizen of a mighty and feared power?

Comment

Shure weren't you and Icky in the Putting up railings at the Guillemene is the worst thing that ever happened facebook group with most of those fools

Comment

Lampard > Scholes > Gerrard

Comment

Shure weren't you and Icky in the Railings at the Guillemene is the worst thing that ever happened facebook group with most of those fools
                                                                The what?

Comment

Seen a video from your area doing the rounds on Facebook.
                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Filling in the Irish citizenship form tonight. They want three utility bills / other letters etc to your address for each of the last three years. Who the fck receives letters anymore? Yikes.
                                                                    Isn't it 5 years?
                                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

The what?
                                                                      All the loopers down that way went mental when they put up new railings at the Guillemene and started a facebook group in protest etc.

Comment

Couldn't resist watching Road http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3546370/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 Still pissed off with the Star putting his crumpled dead body on the front page 14 years ago. Probably up there with Liverpool fans and the Sun.
                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

...question for youtube/legal people...If a person sticks up a video of you without your consent, but takes it down after about 30 minutes...Is it possible to track the person that stuck it up in any way, and is it possible to request a copy of the video for legal reasons?...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                            ...question for youtube/legal people...If a person sticks up a video of you without your consent, but takes it down after about 30 minutes...Is it possible to track the person that stuck it up in any way, and is it possible to request a copy of the video for legal reasons?...
                                                                            ....I...Doubt....It...though...no ...harm...in...asking...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                  ....I...Doubt....It...though...no ...harm...in...asking...
                                                                                  ...I sent a request in, I wonder how often they give a bollox...Was hoping there was a way to prove who did it...And it's 3 dots at a time or something terrible happens (BS, nothing happens so its ok)...

Comment

Shure weren't you and Icky in the Putting up railings at the Guillemene is the worst thing that ever happened facebook group with most of those fools
                                                                                    I don't go out there any more since they left women in.
                                                                                    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Spoilsport here: but the ears are very different. Think ear shape is a highly hereditary thing.
                                                                                      Don't look like Charlie's ears either. Perhaps Diana had ears also

Comment

Spoilsport here: but the ears are very different. Think ear shape is a highly hereditary thing.
                                                                                        your face is a hereditary thing
                                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Have you seen Charles ears?

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                            How did your father react when you finally came out? Did it take him a while to accept it?

I can't imagine how I'd feel if a child of mine ever came home and told me they'd turned vegan.
                                                                                            "All the signs were there, I should have known""
                                                                                            Can you still eat fish?"

/bursts into tears

Comment

"All the signs were there, I should have known""
                                                                                              Can you still eat fish?"

/bursts into tears
                                                                                              question.
                                                                                              As a dedicated vegan, how do you deal with rennit in beers/ciders?
                                                                                              and in a much more womanly question (just for you), do you use fabric softener?
                                                                                              It contains beef tallow
                                                                                              Leather, wool etc. Same deal?
                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post

.
                                                                                                Funnily enough it bothered my Mother much more than my Dad. Though not as much, as when Rock Hudson died from an Aids related illness

Comment

Think ear shape is a highly hereditary thing.
                                                                                                  As opposed to upbringing?

Comment

3 years if married to an Irish citizen. It seems the powers that be think three years married to an Irish person is enough of a sacrifice
                                                                                                    Fair enough. We looked into it briefly but the cost/benefit doesn't really work out for an EU citizen so long ago abandoned that.
                                                                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                      question.
                                                                                                      As a dedicated vegan, how do you deal with rennit in beers/ciders?
                                                                                                      and in a much more womanly question (just for you), do you use fabric softener?
                                                                                                      It contains beef tallow
                                                                                                      Leather, wool etc. Same deal?
                                                                                                      I don't drink beers with rennet in them, or isinglass. I have an app vegetipple (vegetable) that tells me what drinks are vegan. This is tricky sometimes with the likes of wine as there are so many. Wouldn't drink the likes of Guinness or bulmers due to isinglass. I mostly drink whiskey anyway, which is vegan in nearly all cases (not honey variants etc)

As for my private areas, I use vegan versions of products such as that and toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner etc. My makeup would be all vegan etc. Not only that but they wouldn't be tested on animals as far as possible.

No leather, wool etc, still have a wool suit but will get a vegan one tailored when needed. Wouldn't buy leather shoes, belts etc. Buy faux ones for wear with suits.

Was actually reading a great AMA from a holocaust survivor yesterday that started the animal rights movement and dedicated his life veganism in America after the war:
                                                                                                      https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen..._survivor_who/ Not that that's got to do with what you are asking.
                                                                                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 24-09-14, 22:15.

Comment

Comment

I don't drink beers with rennet in them, or isinglass. I have an app vegetipple (vegetable) that tells me what drinks are vegan. This is tricky sometimes with the likes of wine as there are so many. Wouldn't drink the likes of Guinness or bulmers due to isinglass. I mostly drink whiskey anyway, which is vegan in nearly all cases (not honey variants etc)

As for my private areas, I use vegan versions of products such as that and toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner etc. My makeup would be all vegan etc. Not only that but they wouldn't be tested on animals as far as possible.

No leather, wool etc, still have a wool suit but will get a vegan one tailored when needed. Wouldn't buy leather shoes, belts etc. Buy faux ones for wear with suits.

Was actually reading a great AMA from a holocaust survivor yesterday that started the animal rights movement and dedicated his life veganism in America after the war:
                                                                                                          https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen..._survivor_who/ Not that that's got to do with what you are asking.
                                                                                                          do vegans eat meat?

Comment

Guys who wear make-up are weird people.
                                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Tar, the reason why you are a vegan is an animal rights thing yeah?

I have a question for you.

If you are a pro-natalist in respect of animals (i.e. you think that animals being alive is a good, and thus more being alive is good, and thus wish to promote their propagation), then you should wish for human beings to consume animals.

You may like black rhinos, but we don't consume black rhinos. You may be fond of giant pandas, but we don't eat giant pandas. How many chickens are there in the world? Cows? Pigs? Sheep? Why are there so many?

How many cows would be born per year if we stopped consuming them and their product? A millionth of the amount born per year now? Less?

Coffee beans thrive because humans consume them, bananas, and so too animals. In advocating veganism you are essentially and realistically calling for the largest decimations of animal populations in the history of human activity.

I don't know how you reconcile this. I am sure it must be something which has been considered in the literature on this because it is a belief that I hold. The few times I have mentioned it to vegetarians they had never considered it. I am curious what the counter argument is.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

If you are a pro-natalist in respect of animals (i.e. you think that animals being alive is a good, and thus more being alive is good, and thus wish to promote their propagation), then you should wish for human beings to consume animals.

You may like black rhinos, but we don't consume black rhinos. You may be fond of giant pandas, but we don't eat giant pandas. How many chickens are there in the world? Cows? Pigs? Sheep? Why are there so many?

How many cows would be born per year if we stopped consuming them and their product? A millionth of the amount born per year now? Less?

Coffee beans thrive because humans consume them, bananas, and so too animals. In advocating veganism you are essentially and realistically calling for the largest decimations of animal populations in the history of human activity.

I don't know how you reconcile this. I am sure it must be something which has been considered in the literature on this because it is a belief that I hold. The few times I have mentioned it to vegetarians they had never considered it. I am curious what the counter argument is.
                                                                                                                Plus by letting them all live longer they have to spend ages as a cow before they can be re-incarnated as something else.
                                                                                                                Why do you want them to spend decades as a cow, a cow like! instead of 'moo'ving onto the next life.
                                                                                                                One and only one word springs to mind when I think of that, and that is cruel. No udder word can come close.
                                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I wish I could tag you in for debates hotspur
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Btw if anyone wants a glimpse into the inner world of the horsehead elite dinners I recommend checking out the film The Riot Club. Thoroughly enjoyable stuff imo.

Comment

Reading an article and cant understand the 'and' in this line.

Syphilis was increasing almost exclusively among gay men and men who have sex with men, he said

Comment

The world would not go vegan overnight, a change in ethics like this would mean a quite profound difference in how we think and how people in the world view animals.
                                                                                                                        As the vegan holocaust survivor said in the linked AMA: What we are doing is pointing to the commonality and pervasiveness of the oppressive mindset, which enables human beings to perpetrate unspeakable atrocities on other living beings, whether they be Jews, Bosnians, Tutsis, or animals. It's the mindset that allowed German and Polish neighbors of extermination camps to go on with their lives, just as we continue to subsidize the oppression of animals at the supermarket checkout counter. He notes many similarities between how the Nazis treated him and how we treat animals, especially those raised for food. Among these are the use of cattle cars for transport and crude wood crates for housing, the cruel treatment and deception about impending slaughter, the processing efficiency and emotional detachments of the perpetrators, and the piles of assorted body parts - mute testimonials to the victims they were once a part of.

The idea is that we would not even be thinking like you are, we would be thinking, all right, how can we co-inhabit the earth as best we can with other species. They are not for our use but instead we have a responsibility to look after them.
                                                                                                                        To realise and reduce this mindset of animals are things for our use is so far away in our world that the world then is a hard place to picture. Think of it like this, in a world that is vegan for animal rights and ethics issues, do you not believe they would plan best how to make animal conversations?

You make an err is suggesting that me or others think "more" is better. The idea is that we want to see the number of animals kept by humans (be they cows, chickens, dogs, or cats) drastically reduced. We are artificially raising 150 billion animals to be killed every year. Your point could be applied to people (I've even read what you said regarding slavers saying it at the time, we raise them, we keep their population up, what else would we do? We are doing them a favour). If and when we see the day where animal liberation is truly a near-reality, we can then wrestle with how we might be able to keep a healthy-sized population, free from human exploitation, around.

It's not got much thought put into it and can probably answer better at a later date.
                                                                                                                        Random link: http://www.onegreenplanet.org/uncate...ne-went-vegan/
                                                                                                                        Like this guy I actually find the question refreshing, as in how could this better world look like?
                                                                                                                        I'm sure it's tackled pretty well in literature but nobody reads it when focusing on other things.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 24-09-14, 23:20.

Comment

Would it not be a theoretical argument?

The whole vegan stance is obviously very theoretical - there will never come a point where killing animals for food will cease. You're saying that because people eat chickens, the demand for chickens is high, and therefore there's a lot of chickens alive in the world. If everyone stopped eating chickens, the demand would drop and there wouldn't be a lot of chickens alive in the world. So in theory, if you want MORE chickens alive, by eating chickens, you are actually contributing to more chickens being alive.

I think this argument only works if you assume if chickens were no longer a popular food, the number of chickens in the world would massively decrease. I think you also have to assume though, if everyone stopped eating chickens, it would probably be because everyone became vegan. The argument can then be made that if everyone became vegan, there would be a more animal conscious society, and the number of chickens in the world would actually be maintained (or increased).

So basically, in theory eating chickens means more chickens. But if a large percentage of the population stopped eating chickens, it would lessen economic demand for chickens, but the increase in animal-consciousness would off-set this and the number of chickens in the world would not decrease.

Also, is there any argument that the 'life' these chickens, pigs, cows have when they're nailed on to be food is not actually a good life? So even if there's a million chickens alive that are going to be turned into chicken fillets, it'd be better to have 100,000 chickens alive that can live life without the pressures of becoming a chicken fillet.
                                                                                                                          I don't really know, but I'd imagine that could be an angle some would take.
                                                                                                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X