Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Livened up a nice bit after Donaghy's goal thankfully. That's the last game of GAA football I watch for the next 8 months anyhow I reckon.

Comment

Maybe it's inevitable that Drogba scores last minute for a 1-0 Chelsea win.

All I know is something inevitable is going to happen this match.
      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

will it be possible to get two tickets for the hurling next saturday while up there. ?Myself and himself will be in Dublin that day as its his birthday. IF anyone here could get me two I would be eternally grateful or maybe even know of someone.
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
          will it be possible to get two tickets for the hurling next saturday while up there. ?Myself and himself will be in Dublin that day as its his birthday. IF anyone here could get me two I would be eternally grateful or maybe even know of someone.
          I'm far from an expert on such things, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't reasonably easy to get tickets on the day at one of the pubs around the ground. Did he get to watch the match today?

Comment

F1 on as well. BBC1
            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
              @Sit - You've been incredibly negative towards Balotelli since he arrived at Liverpool. I understand lots of that has to do with what past experience has shown at other clubs but based on his Liverpool performances so far he has done as much as anyone could ask. That may all change and we may be currently getting the dead cat bounce at Liverpool but so far he has shown nothing but commitment, ability and a willingness to work hard while suppressing any tenancy to lose it even when being wound up like in the Villa match to a huge degree. Yesterday I thought he was Liverpool's best player after Sterling. He did lots of tracking back, worked hard and did some really good things. He certainly never let the head drop. As I said that may all change in the coming months but at the moment he deserves very little of the negative stuff you keep posting about him based on his time at Liverpool so far.

Opr
              I did specifically say in the Liverpool thread that I expect him to start well and revert to type after a few months. His attitude has been ok in games so far, saying he's done as much as anyone could ask is untrue and going way ott in order to prove your point. He gave Senderos as comfortable a game as I've ever seen him have, I'd be asking for a lot more than that, but new team, new system *could* be used to excuse this I suppose.

Of course previous experiences have come to form my opinion on him, he'll never change and sending out silly trolling tweets after his own side have lost two games on the bounce is indicative of this and highly unprofessional imo.
              Profit before people.

Comment

Costa you clever man.

Comment

City fans clapping Zabaleta off the pitch! Clowns!

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                    I'm far from an expert on such things, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't reasonably easy to get tickets on the day at one of the pubs around the ground. Did he get to watch the match today?
                    yeah GAB said that too. will hopefully get them so.

they wouldnt work for him so he paid 14 quid for that RTE Go yoke.
                    Her sky-ness
                    © 5starpool

Comment

COUNTER COUNTER COUNTER GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                        F1 on as well. BBC1
                        Delayed showing. The race ended 3 hours ago Mick!

Comment

Has anyone done any V-esque research into the best wallets on the market?

Comment

at the moment, all 4 underdogs in today's matches on course for victories. 5 if you want to throw Kerry in there
                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

When did Yaya become a little bitch?

Comment

FFL on to score the equaliser

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                  When they forgot his bday

Comment

here comes Lamps, we all know what's gonna happen next...
                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                      here comes Lamps, we all know what's gonna happen next...
                                      Chelsea finish it off late then after the game Lamps claps the Chelsea fans for the super reception they gave him.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                        I'd make a proper footballer out of him.

He's so much potential, a few improvements and he'd be up there with the GOAT*

*may be oversaturating this term
                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                          Delayed showing. The race ended 3 hours ago Mick!
                                          I know yeah, also know the result, just like watching it.
                                          Similar to a game like hull v Newcastle, I don't really care who wins but will watch purely for the football.

Tl Dr : sport sport sport
                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I'd make a proper footballer out of him.

He's so much potential, a few improvements and he'd be up there with the GOAT*

*may be oversaturating this term
                                            All the sulking has obv softened him up. Seems he would rather fall over than make powerful runs these days. City need him at his best.

Comment

Violently puking

Comment

INEVITABLE
                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Inevitable

Comment

Here comes Drogs, we all know what's gonna happen next...
                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Drogba brought on...

We deserve to lose from here.

Comment

Anyone else think that goal was inevitable?

Comment

uninvitable

Comment

The MLS season runs from March to October, but since NYC are a new club, they're not currently playing, so Lampard will be at City well in to the new year? Wow, even though it makes sense now, I didn't see that coming at all. Fairly inevitable he'll have a big impact on Chelsea's season somehow. Be interesting to see how much game time he gets at City too.
                                                            Inevitable...
                                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Can't understand in those last 30 seconds why Chelsea don't lump the ball in the box, try something to get a goal.

Against 10 men, you'd think they should have pushed for the win, but I guess given the circumstances, a draw is a fine result.
                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

INEVITABLE
                                                                Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                Inevitable

Comment

Today was a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                    Today was a good day.
                                                                    Rate yesterday
                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Tough being a Chelsea fan when one of your former stars scores to ensure you only draw 1-1 with the Champions.

But then you remember Liverpool lost to West Ham, United lost to Leicester, Spurs lost to West Brom and Everton lost to Crystal Palace this weekend.

In summary, it's a great weekend to be an Arsenal fan from Kerry.
                                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

This is why Liverpool fans are called delusional.

Originally posted by Some typical Liverpool fan on Boards
                                                                        Good result all round...

Takes the sting out of yesterday for us 'pool fans...

Comment

Could be the end of the road for Rafa Benitez.
                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Good weekend for Arsenal anyhow.

Comment

Comment

Still not recovered from Friday night. Been to all Ireland finals, big 6N games, etc., Friday night in the sportsground was right up there. Incredible atmosphere, Connacht’s defence has come on so much this season. Fucking love John Muldoon, guy turned down moves to Munster twice despite knowing by doing so he was giving up any chance he had of being a regular fixture in the Ireland squad. He’s so good defensively, not quite at the level he was a few years ago but he’s such a fighter, games like Friday are perfect for him. Himself, Buckley, Heffernan, Muldowney and Marmion were immense.

Marmion hasn’t missed a match since his debut in 2012, for a no.9 in rugby that’s fuckin insane. New winger Niyi has some commitment, was flying into tackles before & after Cronin hit. With some more time in the gym and experience, he could be absolute quality. Himself and Matt Healy are proof AIL still has talent that can make an impact at the next level.

Last 30 secs were some craic, thousands screaming kick the fuckin ball out, staff going mad on the sideline and then the place erupted when healy finally kicked it out. Pat Lam has done some job. Was sceptical about him to be honest but huge credit to him, where are all the fuckwits saying Eddie O’Sullivan (a prick who walked out on Connacht before) should have got it now?

Around half 11 on Quay St heard the euromillions had been won in Ireland. For some reason I only do it when I hear it’s big (cos 15 million just isn’t enough!) so had done it Thursday. Everyone asks did anyone do it? Obviously said no despite having ticket in the wallet (about twelve of us in the group at this stage, including a few lads I only half know). Went into jacks in next bar to check numbers, was genuinely convinced going in that I had won it (probably aided by the few pints in fairness), remember thinking ok just play it cool. Stay for a few more then head away in a hour or so. Not winning put a bit of a downer on the night but quickly forgot after another couple of pints. Ended up in a lock in, remember whiskey and chanting “We are top of the league” and it being bright getting into the taxi. Was obviously in bits yesterday but didn’t even care.

Tl:dr West’s awake. Didn’t win Euromillions.

Comment

Just discovered a new Lost Brothers album, I really can't understand how these guys can churn out such a huge amount of beautiful material.

Love so much that they're still pretty much unknown, they're like my personal thing, feel like they're making music just for me.
                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I'm going to Chap One chefs table in a few weeks time, bill will be €600.

What is a reasonable tip?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                      Just discovered a new Lost Brothers album, I really can't understand how these guys can churn out such a huge amount of beautiful material.

Love so much that they're still pretty much unknown, they're like my personal thing, feel like they're making music just for me.
                                                                                      This has the sentimentality of a man who has been drinking all afternoon
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by NiceandcoolTrig View Post
                                                                                        Still not recovered from Friday night. Been to all Ireland finals, big 6N games, etc., Friday night in the sportsground was right up there. Incredible atmosphere, Connacht’s defence has come on so much this season. Fucking love John Muldoon, guy turned down moves to Munster twice despite knowing by doing so he was giving up any chance he had of being a regular fixture in the Ireland squad. He’s so good defensively, not quite at the level he was a few years ago but he’s such a fighter, games like Friday are perfect for him. Himself, Buckley, Heffernan, Muldowney and Marmion were immense.

Marmion hasn’t missed a match since his debut in 2012, for a no.9 in rugby that’s fuckin insane. New winger Niyi has some commitment, was flying into tackles before & after Cronin hit. With some more time in the gym and experience, he could be absolute quality. Himself and Matt Healy are proof AIL still has talent that can make an impact at the next level.

Last 30 secs were some craic, thousands screaming kick the fuckin ball out, staff going mad on the sideline and then the place erupted when healy finally kicked it out. Pat Lam has done some job. Was sceptical about him to be honest but huge credit to him, where are all the fuckwits saying Eddie O’Sullivan (a prick who walked out on Connacht before) should have got it now?

Around half 11 on Quay St heard the euromillions had been won in Ireland. For some reason I only do it when I hear it’s big (cos 15 million just isn’t enough!) so had done it Thursday. Everyone asks did anyone do it? Obviously said no despite having ticket in the wallet (about twelve of us in the group at this stage, including a few lads I only half know). Went into jacks in next bar to check numbers, was genuinely convinced going in that I had won it (probably aided by the few pints in fairness), remember thinking ok just play it cool. Stay for a few more then head away in a hour or so. Not winning put a bit of a downer on the night but quickly forgot after another couple of pints. Ended up in a lock in, remember whiskey and chanting “We are top of the league” and it being bright getting into the taxi. Was obviously in bits yesterday but didn’t even care.

Tl:dr West’s awake. Didn’t win Euromillions.
                                                                                        So someone saying Eddie O sullivan should have got an interview for connacht is a fuckwit?
                                                                                        The man has vast experience even if he is not very likeable.
                                                                                        Connacht have had a great start but have won nothing yet and qualification to the heineken is a must imo on merit.
                                                                                        Here is some stats from the game i robbed.

kicking rate is 50%
                                                                                        we've made only 40% of the passes, at home
                                                                                        only one Henshaw offload against 8 for Leinster!!
                                                                                        we lost 7% of our rucks (Leinster 4,3%)
                                                                                        conceeded 17 turnovers against 12
                                                                                        lost more then 30% of our lineout (9/13) against 8% (12/13),
                                                                                        Cant get away with that long term and Leinster were very poor.
                                                                                        Id say it was a supernight down there.
                                                                                        Have Glasgow away next week for a chance to get back to top of the table.
                                                                                        Muldoon was never going to be a regular starter for ireland barring loads of injuries honest and hard working as he is.
                                                                                        The AIL will always let the odd player in but the acadmey systems will still have over 95%of the players in all pro teams.
                                                                                        Still think they need a good 10 to try and cement a top 6 place Bunkee Aki will be some player if he can stay uninjured.

Comment

Surely should wait until you have had the food and service i wouldnt spend 600 on a car.
                                                                                          Whip out the guitar and sing a nice song that will do them.
                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 21-09-14, 18:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                            Surely should wait until you have had the food and service i wouldnt spend 600 on a car.
                                                                                            What's for tea sickpup?
                                                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                                              What's for tea sickpup?
                                                                                              Id 3 weetabix some skim milk fine dining for sure is not my forte

Comment

Still need to know what a reasonable tip is.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                  This has the sentimentality of a man who has been drinking all afternoon
                                                                                                  Two beers, uninterrupted, which with a bambino in the house carries the same weight as an afternoon on the juice.

Comment

Still need to know what a reasonable tip is.
                                                                                                    Tell them it feels like they only got into tje restaurant biz because of you.
                                                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

So someone saying Eddie O sullivan should have got an interview for connacht is a fuckwit?
                                                                                                      The man has vast experience even if he is not very likeable.
                                                                                                      Connacht have had a great start but have won nothing yet and qualification to the heineken is a must imo on merit.
                                                                                                      Here is some stats from the game i robbed.

kicking rate is 50%
                                                                                                      we've made only 40% of the passes, at home
                                                                                                      only one Henshaw offload against 8 for Leinster!!
                                                                                                      we lost 7% of our rucks (Leinster 4,3%)
                                                                                                      conceeded 17 turnovers against 12
                                                                                                      lost more then 30% of our lineout (9/13) against 8% (12/13),
                                                                                                      Cant get away with that long term and Leinster were very poor.
                                                                                                      Id say it was a supernight down there.
                                                                                                      Have Glasgow away next week for a chance to get back to top of the table.
                                                                                                      Muldoon was never going to be a regular starter for ireland barring loads of injuries honest and hard working as he is.
                                                                                                      The AIL will always let the odd player in but the acadmey systems will still have over 95%of the players in all pro teams.
                                                                                                      Still think they need a good 10 to try and cement a top 6 place Bunkee Aki will be some player if he can stay uninjured.
                                                                                                      O'Sullivan walked out on Connacht the day before they were supposed to go on a pre season tour. He walked out on Galwegians mid fuckin season. He had some nerve to even apply for the job. They met him for a chat and told him he wouldn't be getting an interview. More than he deserved given his past treatment of Connacht imo.

It's early doors of course and some of the stats are a bit worrying. But Dave Heffernan's throwing will continue to improve (converted from flanker only 18 months ago) and his tackling was phenomenal the last night, he was everywhere. Carried well too. Our backline will get better as the season goes on too. 10 is a concern but Carty played reasonably well Friday and whilst he missed a very gettable penalty early on, he also showed bottle to slot a tough enough conversion. Craig Ronaldson was very impressive when he came on pinging the ball into corners in Leinster 22.

Muldoon is underrated by people because he spent all his career at Connacht. Had he gone to Munster he would have at a minimum hit double digits in caps imo.

Obviously we'll have some bad nights (Glasgow next Friday might be one) but confident Connacht will be in top 6 come end of season.

Comment

...
                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                          You'd probably get away with €100? But maybe the 20%, €120 to be superstandard
                                                                                                          Yikes, 12.5 - 15% really not adequate?
                                                                                                          Obv this is all dependant on service quality etc.
                                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

...
                                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Are there 6 of you? When we went the bill was €1,100.

Comment

I could be way off base here, but always thought it was around 20% for that type of meal - assuming the food is excellent and the service is superior, which it almost certainly will be.
                                                                                                                Aren't you already paying for excellent food and superior service with a 600 bill anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                                                  Are there 6 of you? When we went the bill was €1,100.
                                                                                                                  Four. €150 a head including wine, how was yours €1100?

Comment

I could be way off base here, but always thought it was around 20% for that type of meal - assuming the food is excellent and the service is superior, which it almost certainly will be.
                                                                                                                    I always assumed 15% was standard, and expected. 10% would be an intentional insult/indication you weren't happy. 20% or more when the waiter gave you a blow job.

In this scene Mr. Pink expresses his lament yet logical reasoning for why tipping in its current state is out of hand. The viewer should bear in mind that th...
                                                                                                                    Last edited by ComradeCollie; 21-09-14, 19:25.
                                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                                                      Aren't you already paying for excellent food and superior service with a 600 bill anyway?
                                                                                                                      True but in a service industry it is not good to reward a good experience with a tip as it presumably increases staff wages in line with quality?

Edit: could be some game theory thing going on if you plan on being a repeat visitor
                                                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Four. €150 a head including wine, how was yours €1100?
                                                                                                                        6 of us.
                                                                                                                        85pp for food
                                                                                                                        45pp for wine
                                                                                                                        2 x 85 for a couple of bottles of wine afterwards
                                                                                                                        80 on a few drinks and a cheese board
                                                                                                                        Few coffees
                                                                                                                        Came to €1,079 before tip.

Comment

100
                                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X