This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
    Yeah have gambled on that. €9.99 into Birmingham.
    Fuck sake?? €9.99. I have time booked off for that weekend to play JP's game. Might just book a flight in case I can get a ticket. Wouldn't care about losing €20 if I couldn't.

Comment

...did someone in this thread or the previous thread, post about purchasing tickets on ticketmaster, only for money to go back into the account...if yeah, did the tickets still work...
      ...I purchased tickets last week, money came out of my account but now it's saying it didn't come out of it...

Comment

£750m for a 10 year kit deal with Adidas is madness.
        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Brand power.
          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Add that to the Chevrolet deal and it's 130/140 million per season for a 7th place team who's only European excursions will be to the valleys.

Comment

I understand sticking Casio or Chevrolet on a big teams jersey can lead to increased sales, hence its worthwhile paying MUFC £XMillion a year.

But can never get my head around the jersey manufacturers paying such outlandish sums. Whats the revenue streams? Is it that they get a percentage of each MUFC item of clothing sold or is it in the hope that people will suddenly switch to Adidas for runners & tracksuits etc?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                I understand sticking Casio or Chevrolet on a big teams jersey can lead to increased sales, hence its worthwhile paying MUFC £XMillion a year.

But can never get my head around the jersey manufacturers paying such outlandish sums. Whats the revenue streams? Is it that they get a percentage of each MUFC item of clothing sold or is it in the hope that people will suddenly switch to Adidas for runners & tracksuits etc?
                They get all the money from kit sales as I understand it.

The fee is effectively an upfront advance on kit sales for the next 10 years. Adidas are betting that it will generate sales of more than £75m a year.
                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Is it not buying the license to create replica jerseys and the sales associated are Adidas' and Adidas's alone.
                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Ah, that makes more sense - I had thought the club were still getting the vast amount of the revenue from the sale of the item, and the manufacturer was paying a fortune for the privilege of organising all this for the club. Which would be utter madness obviously.

Comment

Nike’s original deal was worth €380 million, with extra income from a profit share agreement from merchandise sold worldwide.
                      From the Irish Times article.

Comment

Ah, that makes more sense - I had thought the club were still getting the vast amount of the revenue from the sale of the item, and the manufacturer was paying a fortune for the privilege of organising all this for the club. Which would be utter madness obviously.
                        Iago is correct, they get all the money and if it exceeds the 75m per year then United get more

Also Iago did I read from you that you can sort tickets for any game

Comment

United are playing Sunderland away on the weekend of the IPO Newcastle.

How does one go about getting tickets for the away end?

Comment

Robbed from t'other place but I assume its correct.

EPL TV fixtures.

SPOILER
                            August
                            Manchester United v Swansea Sat 16 12:45pm - BT Sport
                            Arsenal v Crystal Palace Sat 16 5:30pm - Sky Sports
                            Liverpool v Southampton Sun 17 1:30pm - Sky Sports
                            Newcastle United v Manchester City Sun 17 4pm - Sky Sports
                            Burnley v Chelsea Mon 18 8pm - Sky Sports
                            Aston Villa v Newcastle United Sat 23 12:45pm - BT Sport
                            Everton v Arsenal Sat 23 5:30pm - Sky Sports
                            Hull City v Stoke City Sun 24 1:30pm - Sky Sports
                            Sunderland v Manchester United Sun 24 4pm - Sky Sports
                            Manchester City v Liverpool Mon 25 8pm - Sky Sports
                            Burnley v Manchester United Sat 30 12:45pm - BT Sport
                            Everton v Chelsea Sat 30 5:30pm - Sky Sports
                            Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool Sun 31 1:30pm - Sky Sports
                            Leicester City v Arsenal Sun 31 4pm - Sky Sports

September
                            Arsenal v Manchester City Sat 13 12:45 - BT Sport
                            Liverpool v Aston Villa Sat 13 5:30pm - Sky Sports
                            Manchester United v Queens Park Rangers Sun 14 4pm - Sky Sports
                            Hull City v West Ham United Mon 15 8pm - Sky Sports
                            Queens Park Rangers v Stoke City Sep 20 12.45pm - BT Sport
                            West Ham United v Liverpool Sat 20 5:30pm - Sky Sports
                            Leicester City v Manchester United Sun 21 1:30pm - Sky Sports
                            Manchester City v Chelsea Sun 21 4pm - Sky Sports
                            Liverpool v Everton Sat 27 12:45pm - BT Sport
                            Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur Sat 27 5:30pm - Sky Sports
                            West Bromwich Albion v Burnley Sun 28 4pm - Sky Sports
                            Stoke City v Newcastle United Mon 29 8pm - Sky Sports

October
                            Aston Villa v Manchester City Sat 4 5:30pm - Sky Sports
                            Manchester Utd v Everton Sun 5 12pm - BT Sport
                            Chelsea v Arsenal Sun 5 2:05pm - Sky Sports
                            West Ham United v Queens Park Rangers Sun 5 4:15pm - Sky Sports
                            Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur Sat 18 12.45pm - BT Sport
                            Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool Sun 19 1:30pm - Sky Sports
                            Stoke City v Swansea City Sun 19 4pm - Sky Sports
                            West Bromwich Albion v Manchester United Mon 20 8pm - Sky Sports
                            West Ham United v Manchester City Sat 25 12:45pm - BT Sport
                            Swansea City v Leicester City Sat 25 5:30pm - Sky Sports
                            Burnley v Everton Sun 26 1:30pm - Sky Sports
                            Manchester United v Chelsea Sun 26 4pm - Sky Sports
                            Queens Park Rangers v Aston Villa Mon 27 8pm - Sky Sports

November
                            Newcastle v Liverpool Sat 1 12:45pm - BT Sport
                            Manchester City v Manchester United Sun 2 1:30pm - Sky Sports
                            Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur Sun 2 4pm - Sky Sports
                            Crystal Palace v Sunderland Mon 3 8pm - Sky Sports
                            Liverpool v Chelsea Sat 8 12:45pm - BT Sport
                            Queens Park Rangers v Manchester City Sat 8 5:30pm - Sky Sports
                            West Bromwich Albion v Newcastle United Sun 9 1:30pm - Sky Sports
                            Swansea City v Arsenal Sun 9 4pm - Sky Sports
                            Arsenal v Manchester United Sat 22 5:30pm - Sky Sports
                            Crystal Palace v Liverpool Sun 23 1:30pm - Sky Sports
                            Hull City v Tottenham Hotspur Sun 23 4pm - Sky Sports
                            Aston Villa v Southampton Mon 24 8pm - Sky Sports
                            West Bromwich Albion v Arsenal Sat 29 12:45pm - BT Sport
                            Sunderland v Chelsea Sat 29 5:30pm - Sky Sports
                            Southampton v Manchester City Sun 30 1:30pm - Sky Sports
                            Tottenham Hotspur v Everton Sun 30 4pm - Sky Sports
                            Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 14-07-14, 14:45. Reason: spolier tags for size.

Comment

What problem did the GAA have that streaming the qualifiers into two groups A and B set out to solve?
                              I can't see any logic to it at all
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                What problem did the GAA have that streaming the qualifiers into two groups A and B set out to solve?
                                I can't see any logic to it at all
                                They were aiming for a definitive calendar for the qualifiers - e.g., "if Derry lose in the Ulster Quarter Final then their qualifiers will be June26, July14 and July 28nd". "If Dublin lose in the quarter final their qualifiers will July7th etc etc.". Thus allowing teams/fans to plan ahead.
                                Previously they waited until all the 16/8 contenders were known in each round and then did the draw, and worked out suitable weekends.

By dividing into A (effectively the side of the provincial draws which takes places first) and B they can also ensure that there are 2 weeks between all games (unless drawn games occur) so no more complaints of 6 day turnarounds.

Though probably both aims could been achieved without this split.

Comment

3 year old wakes up at her own funeral. Mad Ted

Comment

AJ, went through Bray and funfair is up and running.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                      3 year old wakes up at her own funeral. Mad Ted

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...de-coffin.html
                                      That's insane! Seriously scary how that could have happened!
                                      . .

Comment

12 posts since 1pm? Daycrew da fuq?
                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

World Cup's over, innit?
                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                            12 posts since 1pm? Daycrew da fuq?
                                            They may fuck off to bed, we've got it from here.
                                            airport, lol

Comment

University Challenge is back, all is well with the world.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Don't suppose anyone knows of any Saturday Longitude tickets going?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                    Lol worth a try i guess....guy I work with sold his for €100 today
                                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

For the price most people will sell for be aswell to get the weekend one and go to all three days. Or sell your armband after Saturday. Or 4 mates go splits on two weekend armbands and do the trick with two in, one out with both armbands, two in etc.
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                          closure
                                                          bullet dodged for me

Garth Brooks:
                                                          I just received the news the Irish council cannot change their earlier ruling to not allow the licenses for all five shows. To say I am crushed is an understatement. As hard as I try, I cannot see the light on this one. So it is with a broken heart, I announce the ticket refunds for the event will go as posted by TicketMaster. I really want to thank all the people around the world that continued to think good thoughts that this would actually happen. To Peter Aiken and those 400,000 people who believed...I love you, always have, always will. I encourage any of them fans)that can come see the show, at some point around the world, to bring your Irish flags

Comment

Have just been catching up with the news for the last three weeks. It appears that literally nothing interesting happened in Ireland.

I should take my eye off the ball more often.
                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                              Fascinating read here about Jerry Lee Lewis. He of 'Great Balls of Fire' country music fame. He gained a bit of infamy for marrying his 13-year-old cousin. This is about another of his claims to infamy.
                                                              I tried reading but I don't have the concentration required for these overly wrought long articles. Can you provide a the tl;dr juciy cliff notes version for an internet tab addled brain?

Comment

I think I hate this person the most in the world, very irrational hatred too but any time he opens his mouth......Must be the Ozzie part of him

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Has the BBV any strong opinions on armchairs? I need to get one to sit in.

Has anyone done V for Vendetta towel-esque research into this?

tyvm etc
                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                    bullet dodged for me

Garth Brooks:
                                                                    I just received the news the Irish council cannot change their earlier ruling to not allow the licenses for all five shows. To say I am crushed is an understatement. As hard as I try, I cannot see the light on this one. So it is with a broken heart, I announce the ticket refunds for the event will go as posted by TicketMaster. I really want to thank all the people around the world that continued to think good thoughts that this would actually happen. To Peter Aiken and those 400,000 people who believed...I love you, always have, always will. I encourage any of them fans)that can come see the show, at some point around the world, to bring your Irish flags
                                                                    Obvious forgery, he didn't sign off 'g'.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

tyvm etc
                                                                      SPOILER

Comment

The day the music died.

Comment

Was somebody in here the other day selling tickets for the conor mc gregor fight??

Comment

tyvm etc
                                                                            La-z-boy recliner imo.

Comment

tyvm etc
                                                                              I've always fancied trying this one out:

There ought to be replicas of it imo.
                                                                              Maybe I'll start a kickstarter and raise $400k

Comment

Fair play to Owen Keegan. It's very rare for a Irish Civil servant to stand up to such pressure and not buckle.

Comment

The day the music died.
                                                                                  And now I'm glad I didn't know the way it all would end the way it all would go.
                                                                                  Our lives are better left to chance. I could have missed the pain but I'd have had to miss the dance.

Comment

Comment

Bloody hell Strewel... my eyes.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                        Fair play to Owen Keegan. It's very rare for a Irish Civil servant to stand up to such pressure and not buckle.
                                                                                        He loves bicycle lanes too, top man

Comment

Are the business plans out yet? it's been a disappointingly quiet 48 hours.
                                                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

The Strain, new TV show looks OK, has lots of promise, lead actors dont over do it too much, lots of backstory to be developed also, one of the better ones from the last few years, lets hope it keeps the pace.

What ever happened to Flash Forward ? I should google that.
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                              Rotates?

Spinny armychair.
                                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

10,000.

Me: What am I going to put up for my 10,000th post on the forum?

Mrs Ic: What voting?

Me: I said the *forum*, the poker forum.

Mrs Ic: Oh sweet Jesus, you're not still on that?

Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

I was hoping you'd stick up a $1/$2 handhistory with a few technical poker questions for your 10K post.

Comment

And COPS is back for season 27....its all good !

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                      10,000.

I've just watched the hobbit.
                                                                                                      Thought of you for some reason.
                                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I saw a lady drop €10.

I picked it up and thought to myself, 'What would Jesus do?'

So I turned it into wine. I bought wine.
                                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                          10,000.

10k post has to have some boobs to prevent a ban from KevIRL. Get on it there Kev
                                                                                                          Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                                                            10k post has to have some boobs to prevent a ban from KevIRL. Get on it there Kev
                                                                                                            Speaking of boobs, this is funny

HONK! From Season 1 Episode 8. DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN RUSSELL HOWARD OR THE BBC.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                              I saw a lady drop €10.

I picked it up and thought to myself, 'What would Jesus do?'

So I turned it into wine. I bought wine.
                                                                                                              How is that black guy neighbour of yours, or did he move?

Comment

Ah lads Curracloe is some kip lol, beach is fab but everything else is 1980.....just back from bingo in a local pub. One man band belting out its you, it's you, it's you. Holy jaysus.
                                                                                                                No phone signal, wifi extremely limited and one coarse dark hair on my plate

Currently sipping vino from a mug!
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Go to Wexford town.

Get a Rissole.

Get the fuck out of Wexford.
                                                                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                                                                    How is that black guy neighbour of yours, or did he move?
                                                                                                                    I think he may have moved, what was his name again? Happy or something
                                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                                      Go to Wexford town.

Get a Rissole.

Get the fuck out of Wexford.
                                                                                                                      What's that, I saw that in a chipper???
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                        What's that, I saw that in a chipper???
                                                                                                                        Battered/breadcrumb stuffing.

Wexfords only redeeming feature.
                                                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                          I think he may have moved, what was his name again? Happy or something
                                                                                                                          That's qware racist outta you lad.
                                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X