This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
    Best and cheapest way from Gatwick airport to London central?
    Seen somone mention it before, cant find the post.
    Train, don't bother with express and book early like aj said

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Can watch the verdict live

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            Of course the judge could be doing one of those xfactor style judgments where he goes: x, x, x, in favour of not guilty *the crowd with their rather tasteless 'I love Oscar' t-shirts start to rise to their feet in joy*, then: but on the other hand... *BOOM! TWIST* *sad haunting music starts to play* *flashbacks to all the good times had together during the trial* *the tears start to roll* *trapdoor opens* *dramatic end music with voiceover 'next time on I Shot My Wife...'
            Thought the judge was a she!

I really would be shocked if he got away with this. Read that they were disregarding whatsapp messages from the girl to a friend saying she was leaving him etc.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                Thought the judge was a she!

I really would be shocked if he got away with this. Read that they were disregarding whatsapp messages from the girl to a friend saying she was leaving him etc.
                Having listened to the first part of that, I'd make it N/O now that he gets off

Comment

World is just fucked if he gets away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                    She did hit us with a little twist like the last few seconds of a hollyoaks episode, cliffhanger style, some of Oscars testimony is contradictory. Oooh

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                      OJ for white folks in SA
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

The twists just keep on coming! Half-expecting the stenographer to announce she's dating a juror next.
                        I know your joking and all but FYI, there is no jury. Hence why the judge is off pondering the verdict.

Comment

All the episodes of the 2014 Aussie Millions HSP cash game available to watch here. Haxton, Ivey, Dwan etc and a few of the business men from the Macau games.

Edit - episodes 8-12 are the cash game.

Haven't watched any of it yet apart from this hand. Tell boxes

Lo Shing Fung battles Paul Phua in a MASSIVE pot in the Aussie Millions 2014 Cash GameBlinds: $1,000/$2,000 with a $2,000 button anteBuy-in: Min $250,000Cash...

Opr
                          Last edited by Opr; 11-09-14, 10:46.

Comment

Comment

Just realised that all along, when I imagined somebody shooting through the bathroom door. I mentally pictured my own house. He ran ( :-| ) out of the bedroom and fired from the landing to a stand along bathroom.
                              Only just now did I see the floor plan of his house. It was basically a large ensuite. There's no logical way he could get up, and get a him without noticing the bed was empty. How did the defense attempt to cover that?

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 11-09-14, 10:03.

Comment

That Bojack Horseman that netflix are pimping everywhere at the moment looks atrocious

Comment

Comment

Looks like he's off on the premeditated murder charge anyhow

Comment

hmm and now its twisted back.

okay time to stop reading. not even interested in the fecking thing

one last thing though: this all reeks of 'reasonable doubt' with the phrasing. a stench of presumed guilty to remain, but insufficient evidence to actually convict
                                        Are you reading updates or watching live?
                                        She's giving the verdict on count 1 (pre med murder). Sounds like not guilty.
                                        I tend to agree, as there's no way anyone would plan any thing as unbelievable as that.
                                        But I'm assuming there's gonna be a murder 2/manslaughter/negligent homicide verdict (or what ever they call it in SA).

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                            That Bojack Horseman that netflix are pimping everywhere at the moment looks atrocious
                                            It's not bad. No Rick and Morty. Gets decent towards the second half of the season unlike Rick and Morty Which starts of great and finishes amazingly well.

Hey have you watch Rick and Morty Yet?

If not here a link for Rick and Morty Full episodes.

Wubalubadubdub

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                              I'd have taken two flights to get home rather than the Sail'Rail option.

That train from Liverpool to Holyhead moves at about walking pace.

Was there no option from Troon to Larne and then a train from Belfast? Clearly too late but might have been a better option from Newcastle?
                                              I was coming from London where I'd had a great few days spinning around on the Boris bikes.

The train and boat from London is grand and in some ways better than flying. 12:10 train has you in Dublin at 19:20 or a 06:30 train gets you there at about 14:00 for £38 including all tube travel to get you to Euston. That is only about 2 hours longer door to door than flying.

What's really shitty is the layover for the overnight, its a 02:40 sailing but the last train gets into Holyhead at about 23:00 and the terminal there really is a shithole. Last night wasn't so awful we boarded about 1:30 and I just lay my head down straight away on a grand soft couch fell straight asleep and didn't wake until we docked at 6:00

The cast of characters taking the boat is radically different from what you'll find on any flight
                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Just reading updates. Ad break now in the trial apparently, which is a nice foreign twist on things.

Ah right so he was never seriously going down for premeditated?
                                                Have it live here. Basically sounds like she's saying he intended to kill the person behind the door, the fact it was Reeva is irrelevant. It's down to whether or not he genuinely believed he was acting to protect himself. Technical stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                  I was coming from London where I'd had a great few days spinning around on the Boris bikes.

The train and boat from London is grand and in some ways better than flying. 12:10 train has you in Dublin at 19:20 or a 06:30 train gets you there at about 14:00 for £38 including all tube travel to get you to Euston. That is only about 2 hours longer door to door than flying.

What's really shitty is the layover for the overnight, its a 02:40 sailing but the last train gets into Holyhead at about 23:00 and the terminal there really is a shithole. Last night wasn't so awful we boarded about 1:30 and I just lay my head down straight away on a grand soft couch fell straight asleep and didn't wake until we docked at 6:00

The cast of characters taking the boat is radically different from what you'll find on any flight
                                                  Yeah I've taken the sail rail option 2/3 times to get home. Did it hungover one day coming back and it was up there in terms of one of the worst days of my life.

Ryanair do Manchester -> Dublin and East Midlands -> Dublin plenty though, so I'm usually on those.

I'm 4 hours door to door basically. Sail rail closer to 8. Sail Rail is fixed price though, which is useful on short notice.

Comment

Holy fuck.
                                                    She's saying that his story is genuinely what he believed at the time because he said it at time and couldn't of made it up that fast.
                                                    It's sounds like the state screw up by focusing on "intended to kill whoever" rather than "how could he not see the bed was empty".

Comment

Also, I was imagine Kayroo will be squirming at my legal paraphrasing.
                                                      Hi Keith. Happy Belated Birthday. mwah!!

Comment

All the same its amazing the amount of legal expertise you gain from a combination of Boston Legal, Franklin & Bash, and a few Freeman proclamations.
                                                        Don't forget Suits
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

I always got the slow ferry from Liverpool when I needed my car. You get two meals included, and a cabin is only £15 if you get it after you board. Takes forever but is by far the most comfortable way of crossing the channel.

I'd finish a night shift, drive to Liverpool, get on the boat, eat a fryup, sleep all day and wake up in time for dinner and unloading. Good times all round.
                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Remember one December when the snow was really bad in 2010. Flights from Manchester cancelled. Myself and another guy who was boozing at the airport bar decided to get the last train to Holyhead and drink our bodyweights on the way down. Get to Holyhead then out to that pub near the ferry that stayed open until the ferry was ready to leave. We were kicked out a bit before then due to overenthusiastic and unintelligible karaoking. Stumble onto the ferry, move onto whiskeys - alternating which of us goes up to the bar based on relative sober-lookingness, leave all the bags on the ferry accidentally, barely make it home to Ranelagh after convincing the highly reluctant busman to overlook the crawling onto the bus and the whiskey-perfume. The now-wifes first words in the door were 'i'm pregnant'. Looking forward to telling the kid that story when she's a bit older.

(actually I met you that day a few hours later, hopefully looking a bit better for wear).
                                                              Boozing all weekend in Birmingham (barely 2 hours sleep whole weekend) and got that ferry home. Met some Scottish lad at the bar and we got stuck in. Upped the pace alarmingly when we could see the quay in Dublin. Got taxi home for quick change and shower, then planned on going into work for 9. Had quick lie down around 8am, woke at 4.45pm and called into the office to say I wouldn't be in that day

Comment

armaaadillooo

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

what's the line on Pistorious sentence?

I say 2 years and he never serves a day
                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                    Have it live here. Basically sounds like she's saying he intended to kill the person behind the door, the fact it was Reeva is irrelevant. It's down to whether or not he genuinely believed he was acting to protect himself. Technical stuff.
                                                                    It's called transferred malice. For it to be murder you have to intend to kill someone. If you intend to kill person A but actually kill person B it is still murder. Manslaughter (or the SA equivalent) only requires recklessness as to the natural and probable consequences of your actions.

So once you get to the threshold for manslaughter the defences kick in. If he was acting in self-defence then, depending on the circumstances, it can lead to everything from acquittal to a reduced sentence. But he must have genuinely believed his life was in danger.
                                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

5 million gmail passwords leaked. Not from a hack on gmails system, but gathered from direct attacks on users.

Check if yours is in the list here.

https://isleaked.com/results/en

Got this when I checked mine.. the first 2 letters are not actually the first 2 on my password which is odd
                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                        It's called transferred malice. For it to be murder you have to intend to kill someone. If you intend to kill person A but actually kill person B it is still murder. Manslaughter (or the SA equivalent) only requires recklessness as to the natural and probable consequences of your actions.

So once you get to the threshold for manslaughter the defences kick in. If he was acting in self-defence then, depending on the circumstances, it can lead to everything from acquittal to a reduced sentence. But he must have genuinely believed his life was in danger.
                                                                        SA sentencing tends to be highly, highly lenient. Even by our wishy-washy standards.
                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                          SA sentencing tends to be highly, highly lenient. Even by our wishy-washy standards.
                                                                          Judging by the tone thus far I would be amazed if he ever sees the inside of a prison cell.
                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post

Got this when I checked mine.. the first 2 letters are not actually the first 2 on my password which is odd
                                                                            Old password maybe? The leak was from months back.I think
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post

Previous password?
                                                                              They were leaked today, but they could have been collected ages ago

Comment

Previous password?
                                                                                They were leaked today, but they could have been collected ages ago
                                                                                Ya collected a whole ago I meant, was reading it yesterday
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

That disguists me. Probably makes me a drooler but wtf is law if coomon sense can be ignored like this.

She never said " its me in this bathroom" he never asked? He was terrified for his life of an "intruder" locked in a room when he is waiting with a fucking gun outside.

The first thing you would do in that situation is call out where your loved ones are. Utter horseshit and so is the legal system if he goes free.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

ely believed his life was in danger.
                                                                                    Yeah, that whole concept is pretty straight forward, and well know thanks to legal/crime drama. The subtleties of the judges reasoning is pretty interesting imo. And times incredibly logical, at others a bit bizarre.
                                                                                    A break until tomorrow. Has suggested that he's guilty in relation to the culpable homicide.

I still dont understand why the state/prosecution didn't make a massive deal over the fact he surely could she wasn't in the bed. There's zero chance that a noise could wake me up and I wouldn't notice if my girlfriend was in the bed or not. Especially when he slept on far far side of the bed, and Reeva slept on the ensuite side.

Comment

@Honda, what T2 like around 6am for security queue's? Would that be plenty of time for a 7am departure?

Comment

Unreal that this is in the media as Gmail hacked

It hasn't been.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                          @Honda, what T2 like around 6am for security queue's? Would that be plenty of time for a 7am departure?
                                                                                          Peak time ish, but still grand, if you're hitting security queue at 6 for a 7 flight you will have plenty of time. Might take 20 mins max to get through
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                            Unreal that this is in the media as Gmail hacked

It hasn't been.
                                                                                            how did they get the passwords? is it just a case of people with ridiculously weak passwords getting done?

Comment

how did they get the passwords? is it just a case of people with ridiculously weak passwords getting done?
                                                                                              That's what I read, yep.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                That's what I read, yep.
                                                                                                What i read is that if people used Gmail to sign up a site, e.g. for IPB, then the password for IPB was leaked with the gmail address and not the actual gmail password.

Comment

I don't know if there is a definitive answer yet but its 90+ % that it is a list passwords from an external site that was hacked some time ago

Its probably from the linked in attack of a couple of years ago or something similar. AFAIK all the yahoo mail accounts and matching linked in passwords from that time were available on Russian forums a few weeks ago.

Another point to note is that the fact that they are now out in the wild more than likely means that all the value has been sucked out of them.
                                                                                                  I.e. anyone who was stupid enough to use the same password for their Email account and whatever site was hacked and didn't bother to change their Google passwords after the site that was hacked has probably had everything stolen many months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                    That's what I read, yep.
                                                                                                    I use keepass, 20 figures of upper and lower case letters plus numbers, pretty hard to break but my email was on the list. (changed the password today obv).

I think that it may not be actual email passwords, it may be passwords from different websites where you used your email address for the sign up and just put in a throwaway password.
                                                                                                    Fantasy football, forums, golf or poker supscription etc where you probably wouldn't be too security conscious.

So although I changed my email password, my email may still be linked to a website that I signed up for and don't even use anymore.

edit: what Strewel said.

lol, 2nd edit: and what FD said.....I need to type faster
                                                                                                    Last edited by gorrrr72; 11-09-14, 13:55.

Comment

...

Comment

First day in gym with a fitness plan by one of the coaches, fecking hurts and I'm weak as shit (apart from legs, arms are like small girl child). One guy definitely skips leg day in there haha.
                                                                                                        Pretty nice to go lunch break though.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 11-09-14, 14:50.

Comment

...

Comment

^^Depends what you're costing but 23% is the most likely answer - unless there's a bunch of physical labour involved.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Western_Sean; 11-09-14, 15:35.

Comment

Just about to book Airport Genie and it's asking for the entry time. How flexible is that? I presume if I select 9:30 and I show up at either 8:45ish or 10:15ish, there won't be an issue?

Comment

Originally posted by ITT-Pat View Post
                                                                                                                Just about to book Airport Genie and it's asking for the entry time. How flexible is that? I presume if I select 9:30 and I show up at either 8:45ish or 10:15ish, there won't be an issue?
                                                                                                                Nah they won't care, it's just they cant sell too many for the same slot time as to not clog up the fast track queue for the regular users. They won't care as long as your time is somewhere in the region of the time you are going through.
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

To be honest when you get to the desk, I'm pretty sure once the date is right you are good.
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                    never, ever, ever underestimate what a bird will give out to you about.

#BitchesBeCrazy
                                                                                                                    Details da fuck.

Comment

I feel like some dope using 2 passwords for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                                                        I feel like some dope using 2 passwords for everything.
                                                                                                                        I'm getting away with it.
                                                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Interesting podcast with Daniel Negreanu talking about different ways in which he stays on top of the game. While he relates it to poker, what he's talking about can be applied to any walk of life. Goal setting, staying present, taking responsibility etc

Opr

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X