Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd imagine its just the ssd rejecting the fact that you are trying to put it into a red laptop.

After the freezer bang the lot in the oven at 220 for 90 minutes, all will be well.
    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
      Explanation
      SPOILER
      He'd no lights left so he was de-lighted

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
          One day down in College and already he knows loads of shit
          Originally posted by Emmet View Post
          Techies - my Lenovo E525 laptop battery has spontaneously given up the ghost.

Gone from having 4 hours charge to not even being recognised when connected to the laptop. Having to run the laptop from the mains with battery not connected.

Troubleshooting Qs
          - I was trying to install a SSD recently, could I have disconnected an important connection that would be affecting this? (if so, what should I look for when opening laptop again?)
          - As above, during installation there was some BIOS issues that I changed, can't remember what. Likely to have had any affect?
          - Read somewhere online about some merit in freezing the battery (seriously) for a day, then allowing it to thaw and trying it then. Is this just bullshit?

- Battery is black, laptop is red
          I'll probably have the answer to this after college today, stand by.
          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
            I'll probably have the answer to this after college today, stand by.
            ^^^^doesn't gets the whole college thing.

You will not know a thing about your chosen subject until the night before your semester exams. This information you learn in the night will also get obliterated in a sea of beer, cheap vodka and buckfast as you celebrate the end of exams.

This, my friend, is how college works.
            Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Troubleshooting Qs
              - I was trying to install a SSD recently, could I have disconnected an important connection that would be affecting this? (if so, what should I look for when opening laptop again?)

It's very unlkely. Nearly everything in a laptop that is not intended to be replaced is strongly soldered down. They're also really hard to get at in comparison to the hard disk, which is designed to be replaceable. More likely it's just a coincidence.

- As above, during installation there was some BIOS issues that I changed, can't remember what. Likely to have had any affect?

Theoretically you might have reduced the energy saving settings which hastened the already-impending demise of your battery. But the vast majority of the time, you can't cause a hardware failure with software changes.

- Read somewhere online about some merit in freezing the battery (seriously) for a day, then allowing it to thaw and trying it then. Is this just bullshit?

Never heard of this with batteries, I have to say. It sounds just stupid enough that it might work.

Ah well there's your problem there. Everyone knows you need a red battery for a red laptop. How did you not know that, you fucking retard?
              /
              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I've heard of the freezer thing for hard drives, not batteries.

Comment

Gone from having 4 hours charge to not even being recognised when connected to the laptop. Having to run the laptop from the mains with battery not connected.

Troubleshooting Qs
                  - I was trying to install a SSD recently, could I have disconnected an important connection that would be affecting this? (if so, what should I look for when opening laptop again?) unlikely
                  - As above, during installation there was some BIOS issues that I changed, can't remember what. Likely to have had any affect? More likely
                  - Read somewhere online about some merit in freezing the battery (seriously) for a day, then allowing it to thaw and trying it then. Is this just bullshit? pretty much yeah

There is your problem right there
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

According to Eurostat, Ireland, which comprises less than 1 per cent of Europe's population, shouldered 43 per cent of the net cost of the banking crisis across all 27 EU member states - €41bn out of €96.2bn.

As a percentage of GDP, that figure amounts to a staggering 25.8 per cent for Ireland. To put that into perspective, the next highest percentage is 3.3 per cent for Latvia.

It means that the cost of the bank bailout was €8,956 for every man, woman and child in Ireland, compared to an EU average of €191.

It gets worse. The €41bn figure cited by Eurostat doesn't take into account the €20.7bn from the National Pension Reserve Fund that was used to bail out banks, because that figure wasn't added to the national debt.

In total, about €64bn was shovelled into the bloated corpses of Irish banks, around 40 per cent of GDP.

- See more at: http://www.independent.ie/opinion/co....lR7PhZEp.dpuf
                    Any of the usual suspects give me a less depressing spin on the above?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                      Any of the usual suspects give me a less depressing spin on the above?
                      Sure.

Over 1.2 billion people in the world live on less than $1.25 a day.

What the fuck have we got to be complaining about?
                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

A new new new low

Missed my connection so I'm taking the overnight sail rail
                        Got held up because of promised to go shopping in Victoria's secret. ...
                        SPOILER
                        for my daughter
                        SPOILER
                        wjo knew they sell hoodies and bags as well

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

And we have still taken out about 10 x what we've put in.

Did Phil get the farming job?

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                          Sure.

Over 1.2 billion people in the world live on less than $1.25 a day.

What the fuck have we got to be complaining about?
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                            And we have still taken out about 10 x what we've put in.

Did Phil get the farming job?
                            yup, sure did
                            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                              Apparently this Ray Rice fellow is a big deal in America. Had the tv on earlier and flicked through 10 channels, the Rice story was on 7 different channels (not same station).
                              I see Floyd Mayweather giving his opinion on the subject now too, chap is the nut cunt. Although, he is right about the NFL being unduly influenced by the new video. They should never have needed to see it in the first place to ban him properly, suggestions on podcast was listening to yday that Rice and the wife somehow conned the NFL into accepting it was a minor incident

Comment

Troubleshooting Qs

I have a Lenevo too, I was looking through support forums the other day and found that there is a recall on certain batteries even if they are out of warranty. Yours could be one of them. You download and install a program from Lenevo and it tells you if the battery installed is affected.

Here is the link: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/hf004122
                                Last edited by gorrrr72; 10-09-14, 11:49. Reason: found link

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                      I see Floyd Mayweather giving his opinion on the subject now too, chap is the nut cunt. Although, he is right about the NFL being unduly influenced by the new video. They should never have needed to see it in the first place to ban him properly, suggestions on podcast was listening to yday that Rice and the wife somehow conned the NFL into accepting it was a minor incident
                                      What did people expect a video showing an NFL footballer knocking out his wife in one punch and then dragging her like a sack of spuds to look like?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                        What did people expect a video showing an NFL footballer knocking out his wife in one punch and then dragging her like a sack of spuds to look like?
                                        There was only a video of her being dragged away, never being hit. Not sure what the NFL thought happened in the lift apparently they never saw the other footage which is pretty unbelievable

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                          They're not married. If she admits that he punched her she gets no money. At least that's how it looks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                            They're not married. If she admits that he punched her she gets no money. At least that's how it looks anyway.
                                            They are married.

NFL is built on scumbags, if they dont wait for evidence they'd be throwing lads out the whole time.
                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                              Got married after the lift incident. Her response to it at the moment is so bizarre also, blaming the media for him losing his job

Comment

Got married after the lift incident. Her response to it at the moment is so bizarre also, blaming the media for him losing his job
                                                No doubt that what he did is a big deal but seeing people (other athletes) saying he should be banned for life from playing professional football for doing something outside of the game seems a bit mad?
                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Anyone here have experience using a reliable, affordable furniture transporting service? Dublin to Zurich.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                    Anyone here have experience using a reliable, affordable furniture transporting service? Dublin to Zurich.
                                                    You done with the Chinese chapter in your life ?
                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                      No doubt that what he did is a big deal but seeing people (other athletes) saying he should be banned for life from playing professional football for doing something outside of the game seems a bit mad?
                                                      Yep, its the strangest aspect of it for me.
                                                      Not saying the NFL is wrong buts it just weird to see the way they operate in a situation like this, totally pre-empting the legal system. I suppose they have the advantage of being a one country sport so they can make whatever rules they want.

Comment

talk about poor (unlucky) life choices. Marries him despite it all, as he's a big NFL Pro so quality of life assured regardless of incident. then video comes out, he's thrown out of NFL and she's left defending him in order to get him back into the game earning more money.

Comment

My bad. Missed that bit of info. Is her response really that bizarre with the amount of money he earns and her able to have the millionaire lifestyle. I know what he did is seriously wrong but if she chooses to stay with him and take a couple of slaps for the money then that's her choice.

Comment

The only thing America loves more than vilifying demons is forgiving people. He'll be back in action in a year or two.
                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                              The only thing America loves more than vilifying demons is forgiving people. He'll be back in action in a year or two.
                                                              Ha spot on you can see it, he will turn to the Lord and be saved
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

we used Arpin International on our move from Dublin to London. They were great and cheaper than most of the others we checked with, but we were doing a full house move, so not sure how good value they are for smaller shipments.

Rogerson transport were also recommended to us (get any quote and they will undercut it basically). We didn't go with them as their communication was atrocious.

Comment

Cool little song

Poke by Frightened rabbit. Lyrics are on screen. Poke at my iris, why can't I cry about this?Maybe there is something that you know that I don't?We adopt a ...

Comment

Anyvan.ie might be worth a shout

Comment

Holy fuck I waited too long to.watch true detective, 4 eps in wow
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

So I have been looking at private islands to buy. Belize seems a good spot, and the fact that English is the national language is good.

Browse hundreds of islands available for sale and rent worldwide. Private Islands Online is the most comprehensive guide to buying, selling and renting private islands. Explore the possibilities...

Comment

Comment

I browsed a site who said
                                                                            they sell islands Saturday by appointment.
                                                                            Asked if he would oblige me tomorrow.

Which islands was I interested in,
                                                                            I explained he had two islands
                                                                            that I was interested in, A & B.

He retorts that A was was price upon request
                                                                            and he wouldn't be looking it up for me
                                                                            but I was welcome to come along and test view B.

I told him I was sorry for wasting his time on the phone
                                                                            over the meager sum of €30,000,000
                                                                            and I would instead find somebody that was in the business of selling islands.

GFY, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                              I browsed a site who said
                                                                              they sell islands Saturday by appointment.
                                                                              Asked if he would oblige me tomorrow.

Which islands was I interested in,
                                                                              I explained he had two islands
                                                                              that I was interested in, A & B.

He retorts that A was was price upon request
                                                                              and he wouldn't be looking it up for me
                                                                              but I was welcome to come along and test view B.

I told him I was sorry for wasting his time on the phone
                                                                              over the meager sum of €30,000,000
                                                                              and I would instead find somebody that was in the business of selling islands.

GFY, imo.
                                                                              Bob Dylan?

Comment

This is actually quite impressive

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Morihei View Post
                                                                                  Bob Dylan?
                                                                                  Lol. GAB will be pleased.
                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

...

Comment

Leftovers finale was awesome.
                                                                                      SPOILER

Was the wish for his family back?
                                                                                      Where do we go now with the GR?
                                                                                      Bit shitty that Wayne died, have a feeling S2 will be more on his story
                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                          Would be fairly unimaginative to have your own country and then dictate that the national language is 'that one that everyone else speaks'. It's not really making a strong statement of leadership intent. Maybe that African tribal language where people click their tongues
                                                                                          Xhosa (Mandela's tribe). Fairly mental. One of them got posted to my old office and was asked this by true Dub office manager:

'So, what's your name?'
                                                                                          <'cluck, click lani'> (Xolani)

<long silence>
                                                                                          'I'll call ya Paddy'
                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                            Leftovers finale was awesome.
                                                                                            SPOILER

Was the wish for his family back?
                                                                                            Where do we go now with the GR?
                                                                                            Bit shitty that Wayne died, have a feeling S2 will be more on his story
                                                                                            Actually saw the book up in the library today, somehow had missed the series was all based on a novel. Didn't look inside tho in case I ruined the tv show!

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                              You done with the Chinese chapter in your life ?
                                                                                              Yep China BEEN gone. Great experience personal and professional but waking up over the summer surrounded by moutains, crisp clean air and having beers floating down the Limmat river in Zurich wasnt something I was willing to trade in for smog, crowds and an absolutely alien culture.

No idea what I am going to do there. Back to black. Hells yeah.

Comment

Is the ''Redbull gives you wings'' just an advertisement catchline or a multiplier or what?. I dont drink it but the catchline ''redbull gives you wings'' is spoken in such a nudge nudge way like its just short of some sort of legal high.
                                                                                                Basically why do people drink Redbull on its own or with alcohol?.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                  Is the ''Redbull gives you wings'' just an advertisement catchline or a multiplier or what?. I dont drink it but the catchline ''redbull gives you wings'' is spoken in such a nudge nudge way like its just short of some sort of legal high.
                                                                                                  Basically why do people drink Redbull on its own or with alcohol?.
                                                                                                  People are idiots

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                    Are you just chilling in Zurich wondering where work is going to come from? Is that were your daughter is? What about the bird you mentioned a few times on here - think you said she was swiss?

No one moves to Switzerland unless they:

A-earn shed loads of money and want to pay less tax.

B-are skiing/climbing adrenalin junkies

C-fall in love with a Swiss girl

Comment

This is where I sheepishly admit to having a brainfart where I briefly thought Zurich is in Germany
                                                                                                      Dont vorry Hitler thought so to

Comment

...

Comment

Whoever owns this land is a bit of a genius.. Americans will lap this up!
                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Are you just chilling in Zurich wondering where work is going to come from? Is that were your daughter is? What about the bird you mentioned a few times on here - think you said she was swiss?
                                                                                                            Essentially Yes. Tackling live cash ( poker in casinos relatively new and the games are genuinely the softest I have ever played in by a long way considering the stakes). If I bust the tank, job time.
                                                                                                            Bird is Swiss yeah.

Comment

Canada is pretty cool. Nuts though.

25 degrees on Sun and a foot of snow today. 20+ due again the weekend. Ireland would literally break if his was to happen.

On the bright side, just ordered myself a OneplusOne. Should be here soon. 300euro for that phone is a steal.
                                                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Yep China BEEN gone. Great experience personal and professional but waking up over the summer surrounded by moutains, crisp clean air and having beers floating down the Limmat river in Zurich wasnt something I was willing to trade in for smog, crowds and an absolutely alien culture.

No idea what I am going to do there. Back to black. Hells yeah.
                                                                                                                Is it not difficult for foreigners to get work in Switzerland? I know it's practically impossible to become a citizen for outsiders, but I thought they were restrictive about workers too.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                  Is it not difficult for foreigners to get work in Switzerland? I know it's practically impossible to become a citizen for outsiders, but I thought they were restrictive about workers too.
                                                                                                                  I... I!! got offered a job when I was in switzerland, not a great one but still! Just got to get to know someone who finds you cute and then get a job working with them sorted :P
                                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                    I... I!! got offered a job when I was in switzerland, not a great one but still! Just got to get to know someone who finds you cute and then get a job working with them sorted :P
                                                                                                                    Not something I've done much research into, just thought they didn't like them pesky furriners.

Comment

The sister bought me 'a plot of land on the moon' one chirstmas, maybe when I was 20. Wasn't too impressed.

Managed to sell it on to some cunt on adverts.
                                                                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                                                                        The sister bought me 'a plot of land on the moon' one chirstmas, maybe when I was 20. Wasn't too impressed.

Managed to sell it on to some cunt on adverts.
                                                                                                                        Moon looks pretty amazing right now

Comment

Sean Fitzpatrick has been granted free legal aid. Great that we can finance his defence.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X