This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
    How much money roughly would I be looking at to replace a screen on a laptop?
    You could get a cheapo external monitor to sort you out a bit cheaper and quicker?

Dunno if you have to be mobile though.
    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

One for the NFL fans

Comment

How much money roughly would I be looking at to replace a screen on a laptop?
        Depends on the type of screen. A common15.6" led display would cost about €80 ish fitted in a proper repair store. Should take less than an hour if parts are in stock too. Check online for local computer repairs and phone around for quotes.

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
          I broke my vaio screen a few months ago, ordered from here and just changed myself,
          tis easy, any knob who can follow a youtube video can do it

http://www.laptop-lcd-screen.co.uk/s...io_561_cat.asp
          Think I will do this. Depending on what price I get quoted tomorrow.

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
          You could get a cheapo external monitor to sort you out a bit cheaper and quicker?

Dunno if you have to be mobile though.
          Ya, I have a monitor and it still works. Can keep me going for a while. Think it might be time to get a new laptop maybe.

Comment

I have no idea how to switch screens from one laptop to another.

Ya that's what I though.
            I'll kick in a few mousemat to sweeten the deal.
            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
              I'll kick in a few mousemat to sweeten the deal.
              Aw, a wiseguy I see!

Comment

James Corden taking over The Late Late show from Craig Ferguson in America! It's a bad day for America, everybody!

+1 to really liking the Leftovers finale. Still no idea wtf is going on.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                  Depends on the type of screen. A common15.6" led display would cost about €80 ish fitted in a proper repair store. Should take less than an hour if parts are in stock too. Check online for local computer repairs and phone around for quotes.
                  While you're here coillcam!

Bought a new HP Envy laptop a few weeks ago, but the sound is terrible on it. It's not very high when i put it up to 70-80% but when i have earphones in, i need to turn it down to about 10% or less because it's too high. Does any of that strike you as a problem? The sound settings seem to be fine but it's definitely odd that it's so high with earphones and so low without.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                    While you're here coillcam!

Bought a new HP Envy laptop a few weeks ago, but the sound is terrible on it. It's not very high when i put it up to 70-80% but when i have earphones in, i need to turn it down to about 10% or less because it's too high. Does any of that strike you as a problem? The sound settings seem to be fine but it's definitely odd that it's so high with earphones and so low without.
                    hmmm coillcam are you an expert on computers? If so

SPOILER
                    Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                    Need some computer help here, something is up with my laptop and I'm not sure if I need to replace graphics card or something or just redownload something.

So every time I stream a match, watch a movie, youtube, vlc player!!! pretty much every single thing with a video with sound then the video plays for anything up to 30 seconds and then stops and the audio starts and keeps going until it catches up with the video and plays perfect. Has been like this for a while now, figure I should finally try and fix it

If not ignore
                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Looking at this one. Don't need too much from it. Poker, College, browsing, etc. Thoughts?

Comment

http://www.currys.ie/Mobile/Product/...ProductDetails

Looking at this one. Don't need too much from it. Poker, College, browsing, etc. Thoughts?
                        Depends entirely on the college course. What are you studying?
                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                          Depends entirely on the college course. What are you studying?
                          Business, I don't think I'll have to run anything too big or demanding!

Comment

Sony Vaoi. 3 years old but still works fine.

I'm gonna bring it in to a computer repair shop tomorrow to see what how much it costs.
                            My eldest broke the screen on her brand new Toshiba. Got one on ebay for about 40 quid Sterling and fitted it in ten minutes Max. Just took plastic surround off, unscrewed the frame and got the part number and put into ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                              Looking forward to reading The Leftovers spoilers, good crazy finale. Boardwalk was decent
                              The Leftovers.

That Piano is haunting throughout.

SPOILER
                              He got his wish i suppose, the people he loves around him, not exactly his family he loves though. Are we running with the daddy dream sequence at all ?
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Business, I don't think I'll have to run anything too big or demanding!
                                Yeah. Can't imagine it would be overly stressed.
                                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Mrs. Robinson by Simon and Garfunkel, an acoustic cover performed by Mike Massé and Jeff Hall. See Mike in concert: https://mikemasse.com/concerts Book Mike...

Comment

no NFL on sky? ffs
                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                      no NFL on sky? ffs
                                      Eurosport2hd (411) - they have both games.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                        Eurosport2hd (411) - they have both games.
                                        yeah dont have that on my sky go, got a stream though
                                        airport, lol

Comment

i will give it a listen, but...stuff like that doesn't need to be covered, those originals are more than fine, there are lots of original versions.

2 blokes in a Pizza shop ? oh jesus....Art is spinning in his grave

I feel strongly about this. Esp when it come to Simon & Garfunkle.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The whole concert,

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                            i will give it a listen, but...stuff like that doesn't need to be covered, those originals are more than fine, there are lots of original versions.

The whole concert,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXzpY4uI48U
                                            I posted that one 3 months ago. Agreed.

Those pizza shop boys I have posted before. No slouches - have a listen to a few of their covers on YouTube - worth it.

Comment

Megatron
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Megatron
                                                too easy, stafford is class
                                                airport, lol

Comment

The whole concert,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXzpY4uI48U
                                                  I like S&G but the pizza guys are actually very good, it's not like they are just going through the motions like a lot of cover artists.

In fact, if you played both tracks without video to someone who doesn't know S&G they would probably pick the pizza guys version as the better one to listen to.
                                                  The harmonies are better and their voices stand out from each other more, not sure if that's the point in that song but it makes it better to listen to imo.

Comment

Megatron is going to destroy fantasy again
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                      I like S&G but the pizza guys are actually very good, it's not like they are just going through the motions like a lot of cover artists.

In fact, if you played both tracks without video to someone who doesn't know S&G they would probably pick the pizza guys version as the better one to listen to.
                                                      The harmonies are better and their voices stand out from each other more, not sure if that's the point in that song but it makes it better to listen to imo.
                                                      Pizza guys are very good, they are not the original though, and its not better than the original, imo.

Second point, someone who did not know the original would pick the cover as better than the original because of the harmonies.

“Mrs. Robinson” by Simon & Garfunkel Listen to Simon & Garfunkel: https://SimonAndGarfunkel.lnk.to/listenYD Subscribe to the official Simon & Garfunkel YouT...

I disagree, the original is far superior.
                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Pizza guys are very good, they are not the original though, and its not better than the original, imo.

Second point, someone who did not know the original would pick the cover as better than the original because of the harmonies.

“Mrs. Robinson” by Simon & Garfunkel Listen to Simon & Garfunkel: https://SimonAndGarfunkel.lnk.to/listenYD Subscribe to the official Simon & Garfunkel YouT...

I disagree, the original is far superior.
                                                        I was judging the live versions, of course the studio version is going to be perfect so it'll always win.
                                                        S&G were excellent songwriters and singers but there are better singers out there so it's not like someone can't come along and sing a better version of their song, I happen to think those pizza guys did that when comparing the live versions.

Show me someone doing a Freddie Mercury cover, I don't think there is a better version of any of his songs out there, he was the best at what he did and there is nobody that could do it better, not that I've heard anyway.

Comment

I posted that one 3 months ago. Agreed.

Those pizza shop boys I have posted before. No slouches - have a listen to a few of their covers on YouTube - worth it.
                                                          I Mike Masse.

What are people's opinions on The Script? I only discovered they existed at the weekend, but already knew some of their songs, particularly because I have great fondness for the acoustic covers of Boyce Avenue (whom I came across after my Mike Masse period) and they cover Breakeven and For the First Time.

I listened to The Script's 3 albums on Saturday and really liked a lot of their songs. Although they don't sound very Irish. Or look very Irish in their videos that look tailored to American teenage girls.

Went to see The Guest in the cinema today. I can't recall laughing so satisfactorily in a cinema for a long time, especially with something that's played so straight. Some really brilliant dark comedy in there.

Comment

Apparently night crew only on duty at weekends these days
                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Apparently night crew only on duty at weekends these days
                                                              Can't speak for the rest as only a newly fledged member of the night crew.

Only arrived in LA yesterday for the start of my new life there. Typically enough, this morning (it is now 8.30pm) it rained heavily for an hour or so, so it wasn't that warm. Irish weather really.

Today was head wrecking picking up the rental, could only drive it for two blocks due to nerves and trying to get use to the car and the road system, a quirk of the local laws means you can drive though red light under certain circumstances so you have to be very alert to what you are doing.

All in all, though it is interesting, learning the neighbourhood, opening bank accounts, etc.. Big day tomorrow though as will be apartment hunting (have already lined up a couple of places I want to see).

Hoping to hit the beach toward the end of the week to Santa Monica / Malibu if have time.
                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

wtf, first row demanding I disable adblock... not on
                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Only arrived in LA yesterday for the start of my new life there. Typically enough, this morning (it is now 8.30pm) it rained heavily for an hour or so, so it wasn't that warm. Irish weather really.

Today was head wrecking picking up the rental, could only drive it for two blocks due to nerves and trying to get use to the car and the road system, a quirk of the local laws means you can drive though red light under certain circumstances so you have to be very alert to what you are doing.

All in all, though it is interesting, learning the neighbourhood, opening bank accounts, etc.. Big day tomorrow though as will be apartment hunting (have already lined up a couple of places I want to see).

Hoping to hit the beach toward the end of the week to Santa Monica / Malibu if have time.
                                                                  As long as you will commit to a few pints in vegas next summer you're okay by me alpha
                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

As long as you will commit to a few pints in vegas next summer you're okay by me alpha
                                                                    Vegas is definitely on the agenda. Can't see myself going there before the new year anyhow though due to time commitments.
                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Chargers ftw now, get er' doneeeee
                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

im a genius ar gaems.

Comment

lol
                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                          chargers truly threw that game away

spoiler just in case peeps don't wanna know
                                                                          Last edited by mdoug; 09-09-14, 05:28.
                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

@Oleras - you know Art Garfunkel is playing Vicar St next March? Tickets on sale this Thurs. €65 a bit steep but I saw him last time and it was very good.

Comment

Off to my first day in big school, wish me luck comrades.

Comment

Originally posted by the-rigger View Post
                                                                                off to my first day in big school, wish me luck comrades.
                                                                                счастливый случай

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Ya, being able to turn right on a red light (unless otherwise stated) was an eye opener, but as long as the rules are followed it works. U-turns are legal at lots of junctions too, but in California, the pedestrian is king most of the time at junctions.

Comment

Off to my first day in big school, wish me luck comrades.
                                                                                    Best of luck with it. What course are you doing?

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                      @Oleras - you know Art Garfunkel is playing Vicar St next March? Tickets on sale this Thurs. €65 a bit steep but I saw him last time and it was very good.
                                                                                      I did not, tyvm for the heads up.
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                        Best of luck with it. What course are you doing?
                                                                                        Ta very much. Bidness.
                                                                                        DL701

Comment

Ta very much. Bidness.
                                                                                          DL701
                                                                                          businesses you will run are: stalls in Dun Laoghaire People’s Park (year 1)

First you make the cakes,
                                                                                          Then you sell the cakes,
                                                                                          ??????
                                                                                          Then you eat the cakes.
                                                                                          ???????
                                                                                          Profit / diabetes.
                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

...
                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Hello Bbv, any recommendations for hotels/b&bs near the regency? Walking distance/€5-10 Taxi/quick bus routes

Hit me

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                                                                                                Hello Bbv, any recommendations for hotels/b&bs near the regency? Walking distance/€5-10 Taxi/quick bus routes

Hit me
                                                                                                Skylon is walking distance, nothing special but will do the trick
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Its also only just overa tenner from town in a taxi and a bus stop accross the road so anything ya can find in there will be good
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Ta very much. Bidness.
                                                                                                    DL701
                                                                                                    Apt :Pac:

Comment

Hit me
                                                                                                      Assume that's for ipo? We're booked into Skylon. Fine hotel, as Honda said nothing fancy but not a kip either. Stayed there twice before and will only use that hotel when staying in Dublin now. Bus stop across the street and taxis passing by the whole time. Just don't ask them to ring you a taxi, go and flag one down. Their taxi service is disastrous.

Comment

directly accross the road from ivy house also which does a decent bit of food
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

I did not, tyvm for the heads up.
                                                                                                          And Paul Simon will be in Dublin in April Fwiw.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                            And Paul Simon will be in Dublin in April Fwiw.
                                                                                                            Just saw that. With Sting - strange combo ??

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                              Just saw that. With Sting - strange combo ??
                                                                                                              As much as I loved the police, never got into his solo stuff. Would love to see Paul Simon, but not sure with sting in tow, and at extortionate prices.

Comment

Skylon is walking distance, nothing special but will do the trick
                                                                                                                Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                                                                                                Assume that's for ipo? We're booked into Skylon. Fine hotel, as Honda said nothing fancy but not a kip either. Stayed there twice before and will only use that hotel when staying in Dublin now. Bus stop across the street and taxis passing by the whole time. Just don't ask them to ring you a taxi, go and flag one down. Their taxi service is disastrous.
                                                                                                                The winamax game end of this month, skylon booked out on the saturday & €220 for one night, seems a bit irish for something thats not special, will look a bit further

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                  As much as I loved the police, never got into his solo stuff. Would love to see Paul Simon, but not sure with sting in tow, and at extortionate prices.
                                                                                                                  I agree. The Graceland tour last year was excellent but this would be a bit of an unknown. Art Garfunkel does a lot of S&G stuff fwiw. I thought he would only be able to do his own written stuff but he did everything.

Comment

The winamax game end of this month, skylon booked out on the saturday & €220 for one night, seems a bit irish for something thats not special, will look a bit further
                                                                                                                    You could try the carlton airport hotel would be just over a tenner in taxi, or bus pretty much door to door 41 or 16.

After that anywhere city centre wont be too much in a taxi and same bus drops ya at door of regency
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

eh?

Comment

All Ireland Hurling Final Replay is now the same weekend...

Comment

Loads of places on AirBNB
                                                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X