• Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Planning to spend a bit of time today working out how microwaves actually work. Know surprisingly little about them. There's a reddit thread on it today but misses out on a lot of basics.

E.g. if it says microwave at 900 and your microwave has max 850 how do you adjust. If you put two things in instead of one how do you adjust time? What does defrost actually mean? How does a microwave actually work?

If you have any other questions please add, and i'll do up a FAQ afterwards.

Today is the day we master the microwave.
        How long would it take you to microwave the part of your brain that you are wasting by reading about microwaves today?
        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Find it baffling how alot of humans can't use basic things.

Comment

Must find and repost my microtea ppdt. I was killing it that day
            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
              Must find and repost my microtea ppdt. I was killing it that day
              Did you ever get the toaster you were selling shares for. Dig up that thread please
              airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Comment

I don't have a microwave, miss having one at times
                    airport, lol

Comment

They heat shit really quickly from the inside out.

Nut worst way to "cook" anything.

Gimme a machine that cools shit down really quickly and I'll be impressed.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post

Like a freezer
                          airport, lol

Comment

Maybe have a think about how to make this happen over a nice glass of milk from the ...
                            You call that quick?

This is the future hitch. I ain't got time to wait 30mins.I need my milk cold in seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                              Like a freezer
                              No. A freezer freezes things. Slowly.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I think you should microwave stuff today and record them for ipb hitch. Microwaving a cd is maddddd
                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Either that or make your own micro-freezer video. Just record yourself putting icecream into the microwave and then at the end just rewind the entire video and put it on youtube and make monies, simples. Be grand yo!
                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

A blast freezer is what you are after there, or icecubes.
                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Heading out to do the great north run this morning.
                                          Beautiful day for it perfect weather.
                                          Haven't been this pschyed about anything I a long time.
                                          Hopefully I can stay in one piece and get around, not trying to do a time so I'll just try to enjoy it.

I've a link in my sig of anyone feels like helping me raise a few quid for the hospice.
                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Clearly Hitch needs a bigger microwave...

May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Gas canister of liquid nitrogen?
                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

With my microwave bed, I get a full night's sleep in 4 minutes.

Comment

Some good experiments you can do with a microwave. .

Will it microwave? Christmas Lights: http://youtu.be/86hWvTPCGsQ

Microwave 250 Watt 220 Volt Lightbulb Beast!!!: http://youtu.be/8XQZW9NTQAY

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                        only discovered vegemite very recently but it is very lovely and addictive

That looks like the worst food in the world.

Comment

Strewelpeter on BBC 1.

Comment

Was looking back through previous hurling finals, it seems wiki have already decided who wins today Look at the winning/losing captain in the list of finals section.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...ionship_finals
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

You call that quick?

This is the future hitch. I ain't got time to wait 30mins.I need my milk cold in seconds.
                                                              Wrap item in wet cloth, it will go cold 10 times caster.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                Wrap item in wet cloth, it will go cold 10 times caster.
                                                                Wet paper towel ftw. They freeze super quick.
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                  Wet paper towel ftw. They freeze super quick.
                                                                  +1

It works great for beers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                                                    Hope Hitch didn't get the life savings on a No vote in the Scottish Referendum.
                                                                    Why? I really don't think the Yes will get the majority on the 18th

Comment

Microwave handy for softening butter.
                                                                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                        Why? I really don't think the Yes will get the majority on the 18th
                                                                        Because even if they do, and I wouldn't be quiet as confident, the opinion polling shows that it's not as much of a lock as was perceived so the price he would have taken the other day wouldn't have represented the odds accurately.
                                                                        The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Wow, this is fucking excellent. Really kicks in from 1:03

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                            Strewelpeter on BBC 1.
                                                                            SPOILER
                                                                            Mo Farah won. Unlucky, Strewel.

Comment

FYI Hitch

I'm actually interested to hear what you discover though. I only read the first question in that reddit thread but I had no idea of the answer.

I had some microwavable mash potato yesterday - the type where you pierce the film lid and put it in the microwave. It said to cook for 3.5 mins, but I only wanted 1/3 of the food. Obviously 3.5 mins is for the whole container but dividing cooking time by 3 seemed to be over compensating though. Safe to say I had no idea what to do.
                                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

...
                                                                                Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 07-09-14, 12:49. Reason: fcking spelling

Comment

Clearly a massive desire out there for microwave knowledge that Chinglish instruction books just don't satisfy. Might take a while though - i want this to be your ultimate guide to microwaves; the type of post link that you pass on to your kids with hushed deference as they leave the house for the first time.
                                                                                  We've a fairly decent Microwave, and in the manual it says it's perfectly safe to use tin foil while microwaving as long as it doesn't took the sides. Bare that in mind while doing your studies, because i still don't trust it tbh!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                    Heading out to do the great north run this morning.
                                                                                    Beautiful day for it perfect weather.
                                                                                    Haven't been this pschyed about anything I a long time.
                                                                                    Hopefully I can stay in one piece and get around, not trying to do a time so I'll just try to enjoy it.

I've a link in my sig of anyone feels like helping me raise a few quid for the hospice.
                                                                                    Best of luck with it.

For the benefit of everyone else, I work in the same business park as Tony and have ran into him a couple of times over the last year or so with him pounding the pavements with a purpose on his lunch hour, headphones on. Fair play for getting this far.
                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

don't open the door of the microwave when it's on, the microwaves are the second-most leading cause of water cancer after fluoride.

Comment

Finished in 2:07

Just a bit too slow on the long hill around 15 so hit exactly 2 hours for 20k but you wouldn't want to be trying to set times on a day like that there is a lot of running around people etc.

It's some event I never saw anything like it.... basically it's like taking the whole crowd that are in croke park today and sending them out running through a bu s y city
                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

cmon Tipp
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

I have been trying to call this match all week and i still cant make my mind up.

Comment

Some of the fouls not blown for in hurling is ridiculous.

Nice 7 team accum mug bet done on the 6pm matches to celebrate the 1st proper weekend of NFL

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post

Nice 7 team accum mug bet done on the 6pm matches to celebrate the 1st proper weekend of NFL
                                                                                                Meh, he is doing well to let them at it and let it flow imo. good hard hurling. great game so far.

Comment

Gona do the 5 team accum with PP. 20% extra paid if a 5+ NFL accum comes in. Las year it was money back if one leg let you down. I got about 4 weeks in a row of money back at one stage before hitting one.

Comment

Decent first half in the hurling, perfect weather for a fast flowing game.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                                                      Meh, he is doing well to let them at it and let it flow imo. good hard hurling. great game so far.
                                                                                                      Been entertaining enough game. Don't get this let it flow thing when he blatantly let didn't call a couple of frees which led directly to points. Lovely touch by Power to dink it over the keeper for his goal

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                                                                                      Gona do the 5 team accum with PP. 20% extra paid if a 5+ NFL accum comes in. Las year it was money back if one leg let you down. I got about 4 weeks in a row of money back at one stage before hitting one.
                                                                                                      I expect to have no money after this week on the 20% yoke aswell.

Comment

Forde, Coleman, O'Shea, Wilson, Ward, Walters, McCarthy, Whelan, Quinn, McGeady, Keane

Comment

Who is Quinn? Kind of regret taking the 11/8 now

Comment

Stephen Quinn from Hull. He is a hard worker.

It's not the worst team. Would prefer Wilson at LB though.

Comment

Best of luck to finkle lining out at center forward for kk.
                                                                                                              Up for tipp.
                                                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Comment

Forde, Coleman, O'Shea, Wilson, Ward, Walters, McCarthy, Whelan, Quinn, McGeady, Keane
                                                                                                                  Not a bad team at all, decent experience there. Obviosuly still left wanting in some positions, but not bad at all.

Will Walters start up front with Keane with Quinn on the wing?

Would like to have watched the build up but sticking with the hurling til full time.
                                                                                                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                                    Not a bad team at all, decent experience there. Obviosuly still left wanting in some positions, but not bad at all.

Will Walters start up front with Keane with Quinn on the wing?

Would like to have watched the build up but sticking with the hurling til full time.
                                                                                                                    I'd guess McGeady one wing, Walters the other and a 3 man mid

Comment

[QUOTE=ghostface;834852]Some of the fouls not blown for in hurling is ridiculous.

Nice 7 team accum mug bet done on the 6pm matches to celebrate the 1st proper weekend of NFL [/QUOTE.

Could not disagree more. Perfectly refreeing, not a playgroup there who would want it different. Unrealbstandard.

Comment

Just the 12 team myself, easy game
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                                          I'd guess McGeady one wing, Walters the other and a 3 man mid
                                                                                                                          Yeah 4-5-1 with Quinn in the hole I hope.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X