This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    The raw excitement they have over stuff too! Stuff that we're now jaded by. e.g. flying 'omg we're up the sky!!!', the zoo 'omg its a fcking tiger!!!!', kinder eggs 'omg CHOCOLATE WITH A TOY INSIDE!!!!!'
    reminded me of this scene
    I defeneitly and totally do not own this scene , or this movie . All the copyrights belongs to UNIVERSAL STUDIOS . Just sharing this scene form the incre...

Originally posted by Electra Blue View Post
    I would appreciate some feedback/advice on this issue...

I've an 8 year old Volvo, I brought it from my mother in June 2012 - it's a great car, apart from one nigging thing ...

In October 2012 an message started appearing intermittently saying "Anti Skid Service Required" - I brought it to a Volvo garage and they said it was just needed a air filter replaced and the message went. Two months later it was back and I returned to the garage where another error was found and fixed, but the message came back... In January 2013 I was informed (and internet searches at the time more or less confirmed this) that it was just a quirky blip and it was "doing no harm" as nothing was showing on the computers or could be seen to set it off...

Fast forward to this year - I brought it for a NCT couple of weeks ago and it failed because of this message - I was told by NCT that it was a problem with the brakes and I need to get it fixed. Brought it to my local garage as the Volvo garage I normally went to, closed down last year. The local garage said it was a well known fault in the ABS and that only the Volvo garages can fix these...

I went to the nearest Volvo service centre and was told "yes it's a known issue due to a faulty part but the goodwill offer to replace/fix these finished in August 2013"

And if I want to get it fix it now it will be €1200" I pointed out I had been to a Volvo garage twice in the 12 months before the goodwill deadline and nothing was said/done. I still had the invoices (with the error message stated on it) to prove it... The service centre took copy of the invoices, my service history etc and made an appeal to Main HQ to see if they could do anything for me.

They came back this week and said HQ offered just to cover 50% of the cost to fix it... I did appeal directly to HQ on the grounds that I could have got it fixed on 100% goodwill in 2012, but they won't budge.

Should I accept this offer and fork out the €600 required... Or do I have any grounds to challenge them???
    challenge them. Why did HQ offer to cover 50%?

Originally posted by poprock View Post
    SPOILER

Not bad, I used this filter because I am gonna be

A professional photographer #deep

edit :my bad i need to learn how to resize images on my phone
    One egg pfffft

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
    Has it finches orange on it?
    The only GAA jersey I own is that Tipp jersey actually
    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
      Don't really post much but do like catching up with the BBV every few days.... 2 weeks to our holidays and can't wait... Still cycling in and out of work.... f*ckin killing me... but have to try something.... going to doctor on Monday because I have a nagging ache in my lower back and night sweats and my hair has got a lot thinner recently... just need a check up, feck it we bring our cars for a NCT every few years but most people avoid the doctor like the plague.

Can honestly say last week was the most depressing of the year... took me until Wednesday to get over the Dublin Donegal game....but the best team won on the day and fair play to Donegal. I hope the final is as good a game as the semi-finals... It should be a great game, with 2 excellent managers....

Having a few vodkas cause it's a Friday night....

Shouldn't really matter if it is a male/female poster Country/Dub... that's why I love the BBV should a mix of people at different stages in life.... student / married/ new kids/ teenage kids/ binges/ soccer lol v GAA lol / deaths/marriages/births.... immigration..... Fast food/ Chefs Table..... steaks V take aways V protein V shakes.....

just basically life

tldr I the BBV
      Well hey

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
        The wimmins really need to learn how to take all their difficulties and suppress them into a ball of uncommunicated angst, and then express it in an appropriate angry way towards a sportsperson, a TV show they don't like, a race or religion, or people with dissenting opinions on the particularities of methods of self-posioning.

This talking about things that are wrong with yis, tis...tis not on I tells ye.
        I feel like I'm starting to communicate too much, I asked how somebody was and I meant it, I listened to them. I still put my foot in it as I'm new to this and I'm not great at empathy but I feel I'm getting there. I'm not sure I like it, any groups/events/nouns you feel are underrepresented that I could hate?

Comment

Just got round to watching Calvary. Some decent parts but really dark film.
          Makes Sligo look fantastic well apart from the people I guess

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
            Now now
            airport, lol

Comment

Sligo contingent on here don't help when it comes to the image of Sligo.

Comment

first time on stars in yonks , final table yo!! 8 dolla 180 man
                Her sky-ness
                © 5starpool

Comment

Quiet in here
                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                    I feel like I'm starting to communicate too much, I asked how somebody was and I meant it, I listened to them. I still put my foot in it as I'm new to this and I'm not great at empathy but I feel I'm getting there. I'm not sure I like it, any groups/events/nouns you feel are underrepresented that I could hate?
                    I have this terrible problem where I say things, and people don't take me literally. They try to read in to what i really meant there, as opposed to what I said, and what they read is usually terrible.
                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                      I have this terrible problem where I say things, and people don't take me literally. They try to read in to what i really meant there, as opposed to what I said, and what they read is usually terrible.
                      Bit like ww

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                        I just watched it last night, really liked it. Aiden gillen was shite though.
                        chris o down, brendan gleeson and dylan moran were very good.

Was funny seeing home in it, recognizing all the places.

Comment

I've found this happens to me too. I also hate when people paraphrase me. If I'm talking about anything important, I'll choose my words carefully and will mean what I say literally. Don't infer or read between the lines, just take what's been said at face value.
                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                            I've found this happens to me too. I also hate when people paraphrase me. If I'm talking about anything important, I'll choose my words carefully and will mean what I say literally. Don't infer or read between the lines, just take what's been said at face value.
                            by any chance do ya have Dr Michael's number, need the forehead done and he has dissapeared ??
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

Jennifer Lawrence (Celebrity), The Hunger Games (Award-Winning Work), The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Award-Winning Work), funny, hilarious, oscar, globes, American Hustle (Film), Silver Linings Playbook (Award-Winning Work), Katniss Everdeen (Film Character)

Start this video at 4 minutes 42 seconds and just get ready to cringe..
                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                by any chance do ya have Dr Michael's number, need the forehead done and he has dissapeared ??
                                yeah I'll PM you his number.

Obvious opportunity for free advertising: need some aesthetic medical treatments, cal Dr. BTX www.4umedica.ie
                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

yeah I'll PM you his number.

Obvious opportunity for free advertising: need some aesthetic medical treatments, cal Dr. BTX www.4umedica.ie
                                  Lets get yourself, Mick, Loopz and that other guy who support the Chels and do a trip. FieryWasabi is also a fan?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                    Lets get yourself, Mick, Loopz and that other guy who support the Chels and do a trip. FieryWasabi is also a fan?
                                    Can i come
                                    airport, lol

Comment

Colombia and bazil taking up where they left off..
                                      If it wasn't for variance i'd lose em all.

http://twitter.com/#!/NiallSmythers

Comment

Originally posted by TheWitchDoctor View Post
                                        Colombia and bazil taking up where they left off..
                                        First red now
                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                          First red now
                                          If I was Barcelona I'd be ringing telling them take naymer off... Most Brazil sub's are playing in Brazilian league if they make wholesale changes are 70 mins few bib on the colombians

Comment

If I was Barcelona I'd be ringing telling them take naymer off... Most Brazil sub's are playing in Brazilian league if they make wholesale changes are 70 mins few bib on the colombians
                                            Nah, I have money on brazil so neymar better stay on until he gets a brace at least! Fuck Barce
                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Nah, I have money on brazil so neymar better stay on until he gets a brace at least! Fuck Barce
                                              Boo actually backed Colombia when I saw the two squads but I'd prob kill my granny for ur bet now

Comment

Boo actually backed Colombia when I saw the two squads but I'd prob kill my granny for ur bet now
                                                To be fair it is the first of a 7fold.... but would be nice to actually get a goal as getting very worried now
                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

all brazil seem to be doing is trying to get free kicks and cross it in for a headed goal... if 0-0 was a higher price I'd probably throw some money on it but it is not so come on brazil!!!
                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Mines last of a 5 hefty 10 on Coventry, fowler, bubba, Garcia and the Colombians..

Anything bar 0 0 at least one of us wins

Comment

Neymar you beauty. Soz Witchdoctor!
                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Neymar you beauty. Soz Witchdoctor!
                                                        That'll do pig ...

Comment

Any other idiots stay up every night watching MLB on ESPN?

Tis a great game imho once you get to know it although I still am still soo unaware of a lot of things and enjoy the simplicity of 3 strikes and you are out tbh

Comment

That'll do pig ...
                                                            PHEW Falcao!!

Now all I need is ammmmmm
                                                            Ivory Coast, Tunisia, Finland, Portugal, Germany and had to add the lovely auld Republic of Ireland for just over 1k . Ireland is only the half way point too so good fun

That was a seriously nice goal though!
                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                              Any other idiots stay up every night watching MLB on ESPN?

Tis a great game imho once you get to know it although I still am still soo unaware of a lot of things and enjoy the simplicity of 3 strikes and you are out tbh
                                                              I was in America for four months a few years ago, was just starting to enjoy it when Ieft, it's on in all the sports bars anyway. Its not bad when you watch it a bit
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Congrats mcdoug easy from here

On a side note don't anyone go see sin city 2 top two worst movies I've gone to see in the cinema, ridic boring..

Comment

Sligo though. Some kip.

Comment

Sligo though. Some kip.
                                                                    Now now.
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Just off cathal brugha street every Saturday, or at least some Saturdays as I've seen it before there seems yo be some sort of ghetto car boot sale/giveway(no actual cars just shit all over the footpaths) anyone know what the story is with that?
                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Sligo contingent on here don't help when it comes to the image of Sligo.
                                                                          Ah Tom's not too bad at times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmUeKVA85iU&t=4m42s

Start this video at 4 minutes 42 seconds and just get ready to cringe..
                                                                          I would.
                                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                            I'd challenge it and let them know you are going to seek advise from The National Consumer Agency and see what they say .
                                                                            Thanks for reminding me... I clearly forgot about them! This will be my first call

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                            Or maybe Social Media ... @volvocarsglobal
                                                                            I tend to shy away from that til I know my avenues are exhausted...

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                            You could try SIMI, they have a complaints procedure against dealerships, not sure about distributorships but I assume they could help there too.
                                                                            Do you know the service manager from the last place that closed down?
                                                                            If so there is a good chance that he is still working for a Volvo garage somewhere, and if so he would have a close relationship with the distributor. You or SIMI might be able to put pressure on Volvo Ireland by placing the blame on a service manager who still works in the Volvo dealer network.
                                                                            I thought SIMI are usually for people who brought cars from dealerships, as I brought from my mother, will they still cover?

Got told that the initial Volvo garage I dealt with are now reopened under Citroen and still doing Volvo services... Heading there today...

challenge them. Why did HQ offer to cover 50%?
                                                                            I did ... They said my car was now outside their "parameter" for such a repair being over 8 years old. But it wasn't over 8 years in 2012 when first reported...

Don't worry I'm not giving up on this... will keep ye updated!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post

Good to see you back Mrs, hate being the only female poster (Smurph doesn't post much!)
                                                                              Ahem! I may be the only gay in the BBV village but I'm still a she-male

I know I don't post much - but I still lurk from time to time. I'm shacked up with a wanna-be-chef with a grà for good wines (RDIII would love her...) I've ballooned too . Am currently off the drink two weeks and back walking with the dog every morning after dropping the kids go school before going to work. Long may it last, not going to weight myself but will judge by my clothes (and the mirror!)

Not playing much, as it's been an expensive year: my ongoing court case ended up in High Courts (only briefly thankfully, but the costs for one day representation... ) princess communion and the boy starting leaving cert... The current car situ isn't helping one bit . Partner moved in, which was a big help, but in renting out her place - we had a lot to sort out to bring it up to standard, so we are not benefiting from the rent yet...

I'll be glad when this year is over! Onwards and upwards...

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                Scandinavians don't get nearly enough hatred imo
                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I'm shacked up with a wanna-be-chef with a grà for good wines (RDIII would love her...)
                                                                                  Sounds like a challenge.
                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Is it really worth it bringing someone to court for 50euro worth of weed?

Comment

ugh get a load of the liberal swedes, fuck off you Scandinavian cunts.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                      That looks like an excellent read. Loving the premise anyway.
                                                                                      Have it on my nook now reading buddy

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                        http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/c...-30566342.html

Is it really worth it bringing someone to court for 50euro worth of weed?
                                                                                        I'd say it was the running away that got him into trouble.

The lad's lucky he's a doctor from Rathmines. If he was a sparky from Coolock he'd have been convicted without a second thought.
                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

The lad's lucky he's a doctor from Rathmines. If he was a sparky from Coolock he'd have been convicted without a second thought.
                                                                                            Can imagine the rage from a couple of overweight cops alright having to chase down a suspect and then learning hes a doctor.
                                                                                            Small bit of recreational drugs like that should brought to court is a joke.
                                                                                            Can you imagine if they bothered to stop and search every junkie dipso in town on any given day how many court cases would they have.

Comment

He would have just had to pay 50 instead.

Comment

At only 8mm thin, and weighing in at less than 400g, the 2015 IKEA Catalogue comes pre-installed with thousands of home furnishing ideas. Join the revolution...

Comment

Few more pics of the trip. Amazing month but one of those places I think once it's done it's done wouldn't be rushing back, parts were utter paradise but others were just felt like santa Ponza for the Aussies. A few holidays that aren't done from a backpack going forward.

Threw them in a spoiler so as not to clog up the page.

SPOILER
                                                                                                  The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                    Scandinavians don't get nearly enough hatred imo
                                                                                                    that's because they're basically the greatest ethnicity on earth. The Germans wouldn't be far off if it wasn't for their Nazi history etc
                                                                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                                                                                      Few more pics of the trip. Amazing month but one of those places I think once it's done it's done wouldn't be rushing back, parts were utter paradise but others were just felt like santa Ponza for the Aussies. A few holidays that aren't done from a backpack going forward.

Threw them in a spoiler so as not to clog up the page.

SPOILER
                                                                                                      Great pics, the surf one is outstanding, well done.

I want to sit on that swing.
                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Ahem! I may be the only gay in the BBV village but I'm still a she-male

I know I don't post much - but I still lurk from time to time. I'm shacked up with a wanna-be-chef with a grà for good wines (RDIII would love her...) I've ballooned too . Am currently off the drink two weeks and back walking with the dog every morning after dropping the kids go school before going to work. Long may it last, not going to weight myself but will judge by my clothes (and the mirror!)

Not playing much, as it's been an expensive year: my ongoing court case ended up in High Courts (only briefly thankfully, but the costs for one day representation... ) princess communion and the boy starting leaving cert... The current car situ isn't helping one bit . Partner moved in, which was a big help, but in renting out her place - we had a lot to sort out to bring it up to standard, so we are not benefiting from the rent yet...

I'll be glad when this year is over! Onwards and upwards...
                                                                                                        Wait hang on Electra-blue is gay now, who the hell has been issuing the special toast!.... what about Tar.Aldarion??? please confirm sex and sexuality please... taught the Tar was a gay female, colliecourier was gay guy??? is this wrong please no leveling... head hurts

Comment

Well that worked, all the wimmins came out of hiding to post! Good to see you girls and post more.

Comment

Thanks for reminding me... I clearly forgot about them! This will be my first call

I tend to shy away from that til I know my avenues are exhausted...

I thought SIMI are usually for people who brought cars from dealerships, as I brought from my mother, will they still cover?

Got told that the initial Volvo garage I dealt with are now reopened under Citroen and still doing Volvo services... Heading there today...

I did ... They said my car was now outside their "parameter" for such a repair being over 8 years old. But it wasn't over 8 years in 2012 when first reported...

Don't worry I'm not giving up on this... will keep ye updated!
                                                                                                            They deal with complaints for servicing and repairs too, although I just read on the SIMI website that they don't deal with complaints that fall under a manufacturers warranty, I know your issue is that you want it to fall under the manufacturers warranty so it's kind of a grey area.

If the Volvo garage is now Citroen, that falls under a different distributor (Gowan Group), so I wouldn't hold out much hope of success. If they are still doing Volvo servicing this is probably because they want to try to keep the Volvo customer base for the service department and they probably can't do Volvo warranty work. It's worth a try if the service staff are still working there though.

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                                              Wait hang on Electra-blue is gay now, who the hell has been issuing the special toast!.... what about Tar.Aldarion???
                                                                                                              Tar.Aldarion is a lesbian trapped in a mans body.
                                                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Tar.A:

5/4 Straight Male
                                                                                                                7/4 Straight Female
                                                                                                                5/1 Gay Female
                                                                                                                14/1 Gay Male

Others on Request

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                                  Tar.A:

5/4 Straight Male
                                                                                                                  7/4 Straight Female
                                                                                                                  5/1 Gay Female
                                                                                                                  14/1 Gay Male

Others on Request
                                                                                                                  Pre Op Female please.

Comment

Leinnnnnnnnnnnnnster

Comment

Nishikori putting it up to Djokovic here, he's played some very gruelling matches last few rounds, credit to him to be still playing at such a high standard in that heat.
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                        Nishikori putting it up to Djokovic here, he's played some very gruelling matches last few rounds, credit to him to be still playing at such a high standard in that heat.
                                                                                                                        Drugs.

Comment

Leinnnnnnnnnnnnnster
                                                                                                                          FFS!
                                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X