This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
    I'd challenge it and let them know you are going to seek advise from The National Consumer Agency and see what they say .
    Or maybe Social Media ... @volvocarsglobal

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
      Quite independently of any health questions any time I have ever seen someone using an electronic cigarette in an indoor place that would be very inappropriate to smoke (e.g. a theatre) I have thought "wanker". The most noxious fumes emanating from them are self satisfied smugness.
      Hahahaha, yeah you're right, I would feel the same way but this is Spain so it's a little less PC, that and the fact that our teacher also uses her e-cig in class gave me the green light to use. It's bad form though (evidenced by the seat switchers) so I won't be using it in class again.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
        What is the difference between this and normal "fresh air"? I'm pretty sure that most of what I breathe has been breathed in / out before no?
        Air and warm water have hugely different micro bacterial carrying properties.

Also, isn't the argument that the difference between a normal cigarette and an e-cig being that the lungs of the user are far less damaged/diseased whilst they're still getting their nicotine hit?
        Bacteria and microves will be picked up from a users lungs and carried out on the warm vapour

Just substitute the word phlegm for vapour and spit for exhale - the only difference is the concentration.

Completing the logic steps, shouldn't you be absolutely rooting for e-cigs to be adopted so as to improve the general fresh air that people breathe in because the lung damage caused by cigarettes has been minimised?
        I'm all for it as long as
        A/ when used in an enclosed space it is not forcing me to pick up any of the users chemicals or disease.
        B/ the use of them does not increase the amount of smoking occuring in the general population.

Prove those two and I'm all for it .
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
          SPOILER

Saw this on r/food

It has been decided, breakfast for dinner!
          That's breakfast, dinner and tea.
          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Electra Blue View Post
            I would appreciate some feedback/advice on this issue...

I've an 8 year old Volvo, I brought it from my mother in June 2012 - it's a great car, apart from one nigging thing ...

In October 2012 an message started appearing intermittently saying "Anti Skid Service Required" - I brought it to a Volvo garage and they said it was just needed a air filter replaced and the message went. Two months later it was back and I returned to the garage where another error was found and fixed, but the message came back... In January 2013 I was informed (and internet searches at the time more or less confirmed this) that it was just a quirky blip and it was "doing no harm" as nothing was showing on the computers or could be seen to set it off...

Fast forward to this year - I brought it for a NCT couple of weeks ago and it failed because of this message - I was told by NCT that it was a problem with the brakes and I need to get it fixed. Brought it to my local garage as the Volvo garage I normally went to, closed down last year. The local garage said it was a well known fault in the ABS and that only the Volvo garages can fix these...

I went to the nearest Volvo service centre and was told "yes it's a known issue due to a faulty part but the goodwill offer to replace/fix these finished in August 2013"

And if I want to get it fix it now it will be €1200" I pointed out I had been to a Volvo garage twice in the 12 months before the goodwill deadline and nothing was said/done. I still had the invoices (with the error message stated on it) to prove it... The service centre took copy of the invoices, my service history etc and made an appeal to Main HQ to see if they could do anything for me.

They came back this week and said HQ offered just to cover 50% of the cost to fix it... I did appeal directly to HQ on the grounds that I could have got it fixed on 100% goodwill in 2012, but they won't budge.

Should I accept this offer and fork out the €600 required... Or do I have any grounds to challenge them???
            You could try SIMI, they have a complaints procedure against dealerships, not sure about distributorships but I assume they could help there too.
            Do you know the service manager from the last place that closed down?
            If so there is a good chance that he is still working for a Volvo garage somewhere, and if so he would have a close relationship with the distributor. You or SIMI might be able to put pressure on Volvo Ireland by placing the blame on a service manager who still works in the Volvo dealer network.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
              Sobering up for 45 minuites in a que to get into a place followed by and nice long bar que and still being in coopers at the end of it.

That is an incredibly well disguised blessing all right. I am so glad that I will likley never end up in coopers again and am praying I have not just bbv myself.
              I've been in Coppers once in my life. Running good imo.

In my dimly-remembered single days, Temple Bar + foreign ladeez >>> Coppers.

Have things changed?
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

SPOILER

Not bad, I used this filter because I am gonna be

A professional photographer #deep

edit :my bad i need to learn how to resize images on my phone
                Last edited by poprock; 05-09-14, 18:51.

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                  SPOILER

Not bad, I use this filter because I am gonna be

A professional photographer #deep
                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Not bad although needs more black pudding, beans,.mushrooms, potato waffle.
                    airport, lol

Comment

@Gab: I searched your posts and found the champions league group table analysis you did last year, colour coded with strong/weak teams based on euro club rankings.
                      Link

Question is, did you do one for this year, or should I just pull the finger out?
                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                        Not bad although needs more black pudding, beans,.mushrooms, potato waffle.
                        Shit son, I have a kitchen with some food in it when I get home, not a gordon ramsey pantry

Comment

BBC Alba can be tuned in on sky box for anyone wanting to watch munster v edinburgh w/ english commentary.

BBC Alba
                          Frequency: 10803
                          Polarity: H
                          Symbol Rate: 22000
                          FEC: 5/6 (Optional)

When you search for bbc alba, there are two options, save both, one is scottish and one english.
                          Last edited by NiceandcoolTrig; 05-09-14, 19:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                            I've been in Coppers once in my life. Running good imo.

In my dimly-remembered single days, Temple Bar + foreign ladeez >>> Coppers.

Have things changed?
                            Was in there for the first time in my life a week ago, ona work night out, brought an american lad over for the week too to show him some Irish goodness. Have to say my feet didnt stick to the floor and there were some hotties among the the sausies. Already far above expectations. However we were on a club crawl and it was the last stop so judgement may have been effected.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Comment

I dont think they could scream any louder if it was a plane coming down at an air show. People are annoying.
                              Walking down Henry St during the week and there was a street band playing on but they had an edge, a kid with them whos just old enough to stand but he's holding a plastic guitar strumming. How Hilarious. People started to gather in must see amazement and made a human circle to watch which took the size of the whole street. They want to watch but they dont want to get too close. By the time i was walking back passed them on the way back pfffffting at a moment i just had in McDonalds the masses had grown 3 deep still giggling at the child playing with the plastic guitar like a pop star.

The McDonalds bit just before that went for a bite and soon theres no seats left. A girl passes with a food tray looking for somewhere to sit, clearly roving around looking for a spot to park. Clearly looking for a spot to sit otherwise shes marooned. So as she passes and as im just about finished i say as im making to getting up ''you can sit here'' as i take my last bite''. She grunts something inaudible thats clearly a displeased refusal as if i asked her would she like to share a bath. Fcuuuukkkk offff.

Turlough hill power storage tour the week before. ESB celebrating 40 years and the guide starts off and says his opening piece and asks ''so anyone have any questions on that?'' No answer(hate when they open the floor to the rabble especially so early because its usually an crap question anyway or something he will cover later or someone trying to act intelligent who asks a fancy question either way i dont care for experts opening the floor to us much the same way as i dont like comedians who do music as part of their act. People want to ask but not in front of others so its usually just an awkward moment when the speaker asks is there any questions. They should just offer any questions approach me afterwards to ask. But that isnt the vexing part. He goes into his 2nd spiel and after it again offers up any questions from anyone?..anybody?? and people start nervously giggling which is gathering momentum ffs i assume at the rabbles shyness so far to ask a question. Cringing, Facckkk offffff what are you laughing at.

Comment

Originally posted by NiceandcoolTrig View Post
                                BBC Alba can be tuned in on sky box for anyone wanting to watch munster v edinburgh w/ english commentary.

BBC Alba

When you search for bbc alba, there are two options, save both, one is scottish and one english.
                                Béarla fhealltóir

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                  Béarla fhealltóir
                                  Ta brón orm, a chara

Comment

If Scotland go independent do they lose BBC specialities?
                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Foie gras at the campsite. France

Comment

Ta brón orm, a chara
                                        Níl imní mo chara.

Comment

BBC Alba

Ah feck, tuned in both, selected the first alba channel, heard the co commentator speaking English, so was sure I was on the right channel.

Que much bewilderment 5 minutes later when the Scottish lad is in full flow and I didn't know if it was a different language or just a dodgy accent!
                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I was fiddling around with a DAB radio today and came across an Irish station called UCB. Started listening to it on an ad break and heard an ad something like "Feeling anxious, depressed etc....." my attention pricked up, what therapy service might this be for, "...then ring prayerline for someone to pray for you." Station is Universal Christian Broadcasters.

Here's the prayerline in case any of you feel under the weather:
                                            UCB IRELAND PRAYERLINEPrayer is all about bringing God into the equation of your life. LET US PRAY FOR YOU Prayerline is a confidential service for everyone.You can call us on 01 4299 930, email prayer@ucbireland.ie or use the form below.Whatever the issues you are facing, trained Christian volunteers are ready to pray for you and with you. PRAYERLINECall 01 4299

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                              Ah feck, tuned in both, selected the first alba channel, heard the co commentator speaking English, so was sure I was on the right channel.

Que much bewilderment 5 minutes later when the Scottish lad is in full flow and I didn't know if it was a different language or just a dodgy accent!
                                              English one has a halftime prepared piece covering the pro12 launch with some scottish gaelic aswell so that may cause further confusion unless you sorted it out before halftime.

Comment

When is CJ stander Irish qualified? Hard man to stop, two terrific tries.

Comment

One more year for him.

Comment

i am soooo bored in work right now....

Comment

Boyles down for anyone else?

Comment

Hi

I am not dead nor did I run off with Rasta..

Have a few bits going on Number 1 ( very proud of this one) have ditched the Wine and am now 3 weeks without a drop of it and would be surprised if I ever touched it again. Because I am on a diet and wine is a disater and also I was gone fairly bad ie back to drinking a bottle every night so gone from 7 to 8 bottles a week to a big fat zero is fucking awesome!I genuinely dont miss it at all! I have sparkling water every night and fuck me do I look forward to Friday to a 35ml measure of vodka and springwater and lime. I am down 8 pounds so far and the goal is to hit the stone by the time himself comes home in 3 weeks. I eat a fibre breakfast, eggs for lunch and beef stirfry nearly every day ( anyone who has me on snap chat will know this ) Never felt better and looking quite good too I think. must be becuase a fine looking fella eyed me up in Tesco tonight lol its been a while!

Number 2 , work : I was struggling there for a while having no proper training , didnt send me away just had a few people showing me bits every day. It wasnt as simple as go out and sell, quite the opposite . Software they use was hard work. I have to get creative and nearly half design the advertisment and then send it off to India for them to properly design it , get a proof and send to customer who isnt always happy with it and if not make changes which could take mins , hours, a day, while working on a deadline. As time goes by I will have loads of ads to do with a few days to get it all done. other than that I fucking love it! the women are fabulous, love them all. we are all on the same buzz!

Number 3, was getting Chanels polo sorted. I ended up buying a 02 with 99 k on the clock for 600 quid off what seemed like three boy racers, who were actualy sound but having a right ould sneer at me inspecting car . their words ( ya would thing it was 142 ya were buying, tis a grand car will pass an nct with a service and few tyres) I took the chance as I kinda had a good feeling about it . Anyway after being with a local garage man for the last 2 weeks its now perfect. passed the NCT, few bushins , service , tyres etc and 400 quid bill. He told me id make a profit if i sold it and said it was a great buy and is a grand little car !

Other half is in hospital for the last 3 days in Qatar with an inflamed colon , very very sick Diverticulitis they mentioned. He hasnt eaten in 4 days , hasnt shite in 4 days and is fed up. poor fucker , but is being well looked after. bill so far is 10k thank fuck we dont have to pay that!

My 13 year old wonderful dog is also sick and just had a big op to remove 2 fat lumps, one was so big she couldnt walk properly and is now in the kitchen crying and vomiting sometimes but hopefully will improve over night ( colm reckons he is out in sympathy with her lol)

SPOILER

Ecigs: I love them and will always defend them but be warned and very careful , my friend caroline was out for dinner today and her Ecig exploded in her bag. so bad that the whole place filled with smoke and everyone was shocked! Peeps turn them off over night if charging and turn them off when not in use.

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

was also fairly upset by other shite but fuck it i am over it now, its not worth thinking or worrying about lies

So what did everyone have for tea? I had beef stirfry
                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

paddypower just booted me out & cant get back in,
                                                          sigh 1st time playin pkr in months,just playin the money added one

Comment

other i poker sites feked as well

Comment

Ruh-oh, Keatley left the kicking boots at home tonight.

Comment

haha this is awesome

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

iPoker gone tits up.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                    Hi
                                                                    Have a few bits going on Number 1 ( very proud of this one) have ditched the Wine and am now 3 weeks without a drop of it and would be surprised if I ever touched it again.

I'd be a bit disappointed if you don't ever touch it again! Yeah drinking every day is so bad for many reasons, but 2 days a week would be my ambition.

I had a bottle of Argentinian Malbec
                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                      I had a bottle of Argentinian Malbec
                                                                      Excellent option.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                        this is getting better and better lmfao

Comment

Hi

I am not dead nor did I run off with Rasta..

That all sounds good Michelle. I have been doing a health kick since I have stopped taking all medications to stop allergic reactions. The bloated look went quick and I have been eating very healthy along with Mr FD.

For tea we had SW burger and chips and it was lovely

Great about the car, glad you went for it in the end and not one that was overpriced.

Hope the dog is better soon, looks so sad in the photos.

Good to see you back Mrs, hate being the only female poster (Smurph doesn't post much!)

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                            That all sounds good Michelle. I have been doing a health kick since I have stopped taking all medications to stop allergic reactions. The bloated look went quick and I have been eating very healthy along with Mr FD.

Great about the car, glad you went for it in the end and not one that was overpriced.

Good to see you back Mrs, hate being the only female poster (Smurph doesn't post much!)
                                                                            Ahem!!!

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Just finished reading this so seeing Ben Wheatley is currently adapting it as a film is a nice surprise.

Opr

Comment

The premise sounds good, what was the book like?

Comment

Watching Classic Who Wants To Be a Millionaire on Challenge (as every good Friday night ends up) and just realised my greatest pet peeve has to be the people who pretend that there's skill involved in Deal or No Deal and act as if the decisions they make have some wise strategy behind them.

Wankers.

Comment

BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by Foxy View Post
                                                                                        Watching Classic Who Wants To Be a Millionaire on Challenge (as every good Friday night ends up) and just realised my greatest pet peeve has to be the people who pretend that there's skill involved in Deal or No Deal and act as if the decisions they make have some wise strategy behind them.

Wankers.
                                                                                        The only thing worse than the people on deal or no deal are the people who watch it.
                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

The only thing worse than the people on deal or no deal are the people who watch it.
                                                                                          True that.
                                                                                          Even just seeing ten seconds of an ad sent me over the edge.

Comment

BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE

10p gone, quiet clap.

1p gone, crowd goes wild.

Best show around.

Comment

Hey, someone went home with a 1/2 penny today. You don't see that every day

Disclaimer: It just came on after Countdown and i never changed it because i was busy

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                Hey, someone went home with a 1/2 penny today. You don't see that every day

Disclaimer: It just came on after Countdown and i never changed it because i was busy
                                                                                                Hmmmm, paid enough attention to know the results eh?
                                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Hmmmm, paid enough attention to know the results eh?
                                                                                                  Of course! I can do more than 1 thing at a time

Comment

Can you do scoop 6 in bookies here?

Edit, nvm, can apparently do it Ladbrokes.
                                                                                                    Last edited by NiceandcoolTrig; 05-09-14, 21:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                      The premise sounds good, what was the book like?
                                                                                                      First book by Ballard I’ve read and I’ll definitely seek out more. Wonderful mystery about what is going on in the early parts which makes it a page turner which eventually explores some big themes in a really cool way. I'm also a huge fan of Wheatley and really looking forward to seeing how he adapts it to screen.

Opr

Comment

Cool thanks will try it out for my next read.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                          Of course! I can do more than 1 thing at a time
                                                                                                          And you knew that result doesn't happen everyday......
                                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post

Don't really post much but do like catching up with the BBV every few days.... 2 weeks to our holidays and can't wait... Still cycling in and out of work.... f*ckin killing me... but have to try something.... going to doctor on Monday because I have a nagging ache in my lower back and night sweats and my hair has got a lot thinner recently... just need a check up, feck it we bring our cars for a NCT every few years but most people avoid the doctor like the plague.

Can honestly say last week was the most depressing of the year... took me until Wednesday to get over the Dublin Donegal game....but the best team won on the day and fair play to Donegal. I hope the final is as good a game as the semi-finals... It should be a great game, with 2 excellent managers....

Having a few vodkas cause it's a Friday night....

Shouldn't really matter if it is a male/female poster Country/Dub... that's why I love the BBV should a mix of people at different stages in life.... student / married/ new kids/ teenage kids/ binges/ soccer lol v GAA lol / deaths/marriages/births.... immigration..... Fast food/ Chefs Table..... steaks V take aways V protein V shakes.....

just basically life

tldr I the BBV
                                                                                                            Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                              First book by Ballard I’ve read and I’ll definitely seek out more. Wonderful mystery about what is going on in the early parts which makes it a page turner which eventually explores some big themes in a really cool way. I'm also a huge fan of Wheatley and really looking forward to seeing how he adapts it to screen.

Opr
                                                                                                              .
                                                                                                              Ballard is great. Wheatly is great. it sounds like a marriage made in heaven .
                                                                                                              The short stories are the best way into him I think.

This has been consistently in my current reading since it was published, never gets old

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 05-09-14, 22:12.
                                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                                                                                                Don't really post much but do like catching up with the BBV every few days.... 2 weeks to our holidays and can't wait... Still cycling in and out of work.... f*ckin killing me... but have to try something.... going to doctor on Monday because I have a nagging ache in my lower back and night sweats and my hair has got a lot thinner recently... just need a check up, feck it we bring our cars for a NCT every few years but most people avoid the doctor like the plague.

Can honestly say last week was the most depressing of the year... took me until Wednesday to get over the Dublin Donegal game....but the best team won on the day and fair play to Donegal. I hope the final is as good a game as the semi-finals... It should be a great game, with 2 excellent managers....

Having a few vodkas cause it's a Friday night....

Shouldn't really matter if it is a male/female poster Country/Dub... that's why I love the BBV should a mix of people at different stages in life.... student / married/ new kids/ teenage kids/ binges/ soccer lol v GAA lol / deaths/marriages/births.... immigration..... Fast food/ Chefs Table..... steaks V take aways V protein V shakes.....

just basically life

tldr I the BBV
                                                                                                                nearly forgot about Tipp on sunday!!! Getting my first day out on the beer in yonks! Only problem is my jersey is aged 13/14 lol have it years. gonna be fun sqeezing into that !

CMON TIPP!
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

nearly forgot about Tipp on sunday!!! Getting my first day out on the beer in yonks! Only problem is my jersey is aged 13/14 lol have it years. gonna be fun sqeezing into that !

CMON TIPP!
                                                                                                                  Has it finches orange on it?

Comment

Tempted to open up a betfair a/c just to start laying rory. He's way too short imo during tournaments at the present. 4 shots back on a very tough course (like been 6/7 back on most courses) and he's 3-1 co favourite.

Comment

The wimmins really need to learn how to take all their difficulties and suppress them into a ball of uncommunicated angst, and then express it in an appropriate angry way towards a sportsperson, a TV show they don't like, a race or religion, or people with dissenting opinions on the particularities of methods of self-posioning.

This talking about things that are wrong with yis, tis...tis not on I tells ye.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                                        Has it finches orange on it?
                                                                                                                        nope Enfer lol its going a while, it was chanels but somehow along the way it fitted me lovely! had grand boobs in it! ( 4 yrs ago obv)
                                                                                                                        Last edited by SatNav; 05-09-14, 22:32.
                                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

crisp names are taking the piss now...

crushed sea salt and aged vinegar?

Poorly ground salt and the old vinegar you had in the back?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X