This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
    Was talking to WWMod, but have no broadband at home this week so unable to help. Maybe PM Icarus, a Blaa Signal into the moonlit sky usually gets his attention.
    Game seemed good fun and is now at the best stage where the roles are expired and it comes down to actually logically figuring shit out from what people said so should carry on imo ;
    its not unusual if a couple of mistakes were made - personally in games I ran I sent the wrong result to the Seer once, and I comodded one where we lynched the wrong person. All forgotten about now.

Though think it'd be good if any future 35+ player games have two nightly kills (and 2 Seers to balance it) to keep each game in a 2 week window.
    Remember the first time Finkle ran a game and he sent a group pm to all the villagers announcing their role

Comment

@sp, that Honourable Woman thing is very good ty

Two episodes in and still haven't worked out who's Mossad. Assuming all of them.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
        @Strewel - no matter how often they're warned!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/we...s-9532898.html
        LOL thats the Triton supervisor password issue thats been known about for 5 years or more.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Wellbeck vs Balotelli. Who will score more goals for their new clubs?
          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
            Wellbeck 18 Balotelli 12 is my prediction.

Comment

PL Only

Wellbeck 12 Balotelli 15

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                LOL thats the Triton supervisor password issue thats been known about for 5 years or more.
                I know at least 2 filling stations that have their triton ATMs with default logins, the manual and printout of codes is kept behind the counter too for staff to refill it lolz
                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Farmers protesting at Enda Kenny's constituency office.

You've gotta love this quote....

Donie Shine from Mallow, Co Cork, who is chairman of the Farm Family Rights Group, complained to reporters on Tucker Street that Mr Kenny was more interested in happenings on the Golan Heights and the Ukraine than in the rights of hill farmers.
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Wellbeck 18?

Unders spread bet please Megatron. €10 a goal?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                      Wellbeck 18?

I thought he was more prolific at Sunderland for some reason

Happy to have a bet though, but would revise the line a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                        I thought he was more prolific at Sunderland for some reason

Happy to have a bet though, but would revise the line a little.
                        I should have booked it before linking eh!

Comment

Wellbeck 18?

I'll take that bet if you want at 18 goals.

Comment

Wellbeck will start in the middle of a tough run of fixtures. Man City(H), Villa(A), Spurs(H) and Chelsea(A). I'm concerned how this will impact on his reception with Wenger and the fans and his confidence going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                              I thought it was a mistake but some others don't and tbh the most tilting thing is that I let myself be tilted by it.

Lets just get over ourselves, and go on with the game... if we need a sub for BK then lets get one.
                              Maybe someone like AJ, Kev or one of the dead players could volunteer to give Gill a hand with the modding.
                              I would help with the modding if needed

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                I'll take that bet if you want at 18 goals.
                                I'm having the unders at 18 though!?

Comment

I'm having the unders at 18 though!?
                                  Yeah. You get the unders from 18 down at a tenner a pop. EPL/CL/EL/FA & LC?

Comment

Just read the WW thread

Have never played and all but the way Denny played it is the only way that makes sense!

No point to giving him a vote if he cannot choose

+ Any other way is so easily gamed it's ridic

Denny plays his vote, villager against a wolf, wolf in second so villager is to be saved

Wolves all vote wolf to get him/her top
                                    Wolf saved villager dead

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                        Thinking of booking a villa *somewhere* for two weeks around Dec 26th. Any suggestions of anywhere in Europe that would be good that time of year, especially somewhere to keep the kid occupied and enjoying herself, and bearing in mind we can't drive for sightseeing.

Alternative is 2-weeks all inclusive in a hotel in Lanzarote.

Not sure which is best option to be honest.
                                        not driving rules out a villa in Spain tbh. The canaries in December really isn't great.

If you want a resort type holiday at that time of year, you might need to go a little bit farther afield.

Comment

Comment

Yeah. You get the unders from 18 down at a tenner a pop. EPL/CL/EL/FA & LC?
                                            yup, sounds good to me. Should we split a goal though so there's no stalemate?

Comment

Thinking of booking a villa *somewhere* for two weeks around Dec 26th. Any suggestions of anywhere in Europe that would be good that time of year, especially somewhere to keep the kid occupied and enjoying herself, and bearing in mind we can't drive for sightseeing.

Dunno what age kid is but Lanzarote be warm paddling pools etc keep her happy tire her out.
                                              And you alluded to feeling a bit low in winter 2 weeks of sunshine be just the ticket.
                                              I did it last year away for christmas and 2 weeks in january and was a great boost to moral.
                                              Anywhere in the alps be great dunno about bringing a young child and would be expensive id say.

Comment

yup, sounds good to me. Should we split a goal though so there's no stalemate?
                                                Meh. If he finishes on 18 we'll just call it a draw. Pretty unlikely anyway. Booked?

Comment

Officials in Norrköping arrange for bells of city hall to peal tune from Spielberg's Holocaust film to counter far-right message

Comment

Open the fucking werewolf thread. Dramatic bullshit from all.

Shut up and play the game people. Or I will post 200 times in bbv.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                      Open the fucking werewolf thread. Dramatic bullshit from all.

Shut up and play the game people. Or I will post 200 times in bbv.
                                                      Let's just carry on in here. CHD

Comment

Malta. Parents took my sisters there when they were younger. Flew out Dec 26th for 10 days and loved it. I think they've been back twice since. Plenty to see and do there too apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                          Let's just carry on in here. CHD
                                                          Ah no in all seriousness I have no clue what is going on. Can't bring myself to read the thread.

Comment

Bit of mistake no big deal open her up agai, nobody liked rigger anyhow
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Villa in Florida near Disneyworld. Costs about £400 per week and you have own private pool. Taxi everywhere, get food delivered if you want to stay in. New year eves fireworks at Disneyland would be awesome and weather not as hot and queues not as bad as summer time

edit; just read properly....Florida aint in europe oops

Comment

I think on the WW topic. The numbers were too much. And that led to people getting frustrated. I think it should be capped at 25 or something. No problem with modding or twists. They are doing it of their own bat and running it as they see fit which I think was done fairly. There was close to 800 posts on day one. It can't have been easy to mod and I know it was very difficult as a player to keep up.

Very enjoyable game. Just too many players with 39 imo.

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                                                  I think on the WW topic. The numbers were too much. And that led to people getting frustrated. I think it should be capped at 25 or something. No problem with modding or twists. They are doing it of their own bat and running it as they see fit which I think was done fairly. There was close to 800 posts on day one. It can't have been easy to mod and I know it was very difficult as a player to keep up.

You could have made it 36 on day two but you wouldn't fire

Comment

Meh. If he finishes on 18 we'll just call it a draw. Pretty unlikely anyway. Booked?
                                                                    done

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post

Not everyone can live up to my high standards tbf. Agreed.

Comment

Comment

CHD

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                            I picked a bad evening to let my phone die.

Cliffs?

Toys everywhere, pram empty?
                                                                            get a better phone mate
                                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                              get a better phone mate
                                                                              Hmmm, if I drove a ferrari and let it run out of petrol would you infer I should get a better car?
                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Rory McIlroy, Henrik Stenson (Swe), Victor Dubuisson (Fr), Jamie Donaldson (Wal), Sergio Garcia (Spa), Thomas Bjorn (Den), Justin Rose (Eng), Martin Kaymer (Ger), Graeme McDowell

+

Ian Poulter (Eng), Stephen Gallacher (Sco) and Lee Westwood (Eng).

Comment

done
                                                                                  Grand. Out of curiosity how many do you think he'll get this season? I reckon if he can hit 9 or 10 it would be a good start & give me a solid start to hopefully be freerolling the bet by Christmas '15.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                    Hmmm, if I drove a ferrari and let it run out of petrol would you infer I should get a better car?
                                                                                    No a worse car will get you better mpg

Comment

Rory McIlroy, Henrik Stenson (Swe), Victor Dubuisson (Fr), Jamie Donaldson (Wal), Sergio Garcia (Spa), Thomas Bjorn (Den), Justin Rose (Eng), Martin Kaymer (Ger), Graeme McDowell

+

Ian Poulter (Eng), Stephen Gallacher (Sco) and Lee Westwood (Eng).
                                                                                      So Luke Donald the one to be left out. Not playing well but has always delivered in RCs before. Can't really complain though

Comment

Grand. Out of curiosity how many do you think he'll get this season? I reckon if he can hit 9 or 10 it would be a good start & give me a solid start to hopefully be freerolling the bet by Christmas '15.
                                                                                        LMAO. WP.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                          No a worse car will get you better mpg
                                                                                          And if I got the car with the best mpg but let it run out of fuel should I buy a better car?
                                                                                          Solid lack of comprehension there.

Rigger is your phone any good?
                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

tis aye

Comment

Anywhere I can see a full list of all deadline day deals.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                Guardian have this little handy piece on the PL but it is all deals.

A comprehensive club-by-club guide on the summer ins and outs following the Premier League transfer window

Comment

...

Comment

Corned beef
                                                                                                    48

Comment

Normal academic practice in the social sciences is when writing an essay to include surnames of referenced authors in-text as a citation. E.g. paper by David Jones published in 2012 might appear as 'as argued by Jones (2012)...'

Reading something at the moment where that rule has passed the student by, so he's written the whole thing using only shortened first names. 'Dave said in 2012 that this happened, but in 2013 Mike disagreed with him'. Gives a nice laidback vibe to the read.
                                                                                                      And pretty hard to discredit too !!

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                                                                        Corned beef
                                                                                                        +1.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Comment

test - trying to post a photo just to see if i can!

Could have picked a better one I know.
                                                                                                          Twitter : @LoftCardClub
                                                                                                          Facebook : TheLoft CardClub
                                                                                                          Insta : theloftcasinonaas
                                                                                                          Snap : TheLoft Card Club Naas

Comment

I was thinking when read this yesterday that Orwell must have been even terser than Hemingway, who I'm currently reading for the first time, I read Orwell completely but haven't re read anything in > 20 years.

Then i stuck on my podcast feed last night in the car and this piece from Will Self called Why Orwell is the Supreme Mediocrity came on. You can hear it here

Its worth a listen (as is the whole series, especially Self, John Gray, Lisa Jardine and the whole early part of the series from Clive James).

I suppose Self is about as far from Orwell as you get and the piece may well be him justifying his own style. Theres room for both of them on my shelf.

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                            Great article on Orwell here:

George Orwell was a literary mediocrity and his views on the importance of plain writing are plain wrong, argues writer Will Self.

Jam Fly you should pay attention to Orwells rules of English:

(i) Never use a metaphor, simile, or other figure of speech which you are used to seeing in print.

(ii) Never use a long word where a short one will do.

(iii) If it is possible to cut a word out, always cut it out.

(iv) Never use the passive where you can use the active.

(v) Never use a foreign phrase, a scientific word, or a jargon word if you can think of an everyday English equivalent.

(vi) Break any of these rules sooner than say anything outright barbarous.
                                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Normal academic practice in the social sciences is when writing an essay to include surnames of referenced authors in-text as a citation. E.g. paper by David Jones published in 2012 might appear as 'as argued by Jones (2012)...'

Reading something at the moment where that rule has passed the student by, so he's written the whole thing using only shortened first names. 'Dave said in 2012 that this happened, but in 2013 Mike disagreed with him'. Gives a nice laidback vibe to the read.
                                                                                                              That's brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                                The Premier League summer transfer deadline passed on Monday evening, with Radamel Falcao 's move to Manchester United the undoubted headline-grabber as England's giants scrambled to reinforce their squad...

Comment

Thanks. Is Egypt the main alternative? Never been on a sun/package holiday before so not sure of the destinations.
                                                                                                                  northern africa wouldn't be that warm either at Xmas. Just like the Canaries, it can be very hit and miss over that period.

Best place might be further afield like the carribean or Mexico. Travel time is a bit longer and there's a little jet lag but for 2 weeks, it's easily worth it for that extra sunshine.

Comment

I love Orwell and I like his prose, but I agree completely with Self about his style.

***

I was half asleep but did I see someone betting on Welbeck to score over 16 goals. I hope thats over his whole career. The only good thing about him is his hair.

Edit: hopefully I'm wrong
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Hectorjelly; 02-09-14, 15:31.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                                                                      tis aye
                                                                                                                      With regards the battery, you can have no complaint?
                                                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                                        I was half asleep but did I see someone betting on Welbeck to score over 16 goals. I hope thats over his whole career.
                                                                                                                        The person on the unders may think its a season bet, overs may regard it as a career bet. We might get WWMod to decide.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                          The person on the unders may think its a season bet, overs may regard it as a career bet. We might get WWMod to decide.
                                                                                                                          Then BK will quit watching sport and we can lock the BBV for a week.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X