This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
    Could somebody recommend a north city centre phone repair store to get an iphone batter swapped out?
    Place on Abbey Street, CYM solutions?

hy not have a pop at it yourself?
    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      I don't see what possible relevance the question has but yes is the answer.

My concerns about this have nothing to do with anyones personal belief that they are giving up anything by moving to vaping.

I'm kind of sick of explaining my position on this but I'm delighted for you as long as vaping is proving an improvement in your own life. But there is a bigger picture that has to be taken into consideration.

For instance (and don't jump down my throat saying its unproven because it is no more or less likely to be true than any other unproven hypothesis under scrutiny here ) how would you feel if it tur
      ned out that because of unregulated vaping it turns out that there is a far greater statistical likelyhood that your daughter starts smoking in 14 - 20 years time?
      I think the question is relevant whether you answered yes or no. If you think back to how you felt fitness wise one month after you quit. That's how I feel now.

Of course not vaping is better than vaping, but vaping is far far better for my health than burning tobacco leaves.

Yes there's a higher likelihood my daughter will take up smoking if one of her parents does. That is something I'm going to have to address.

I agree with you that there needs to be strong regulation around vaping, almost to similar levels that exist for smoking, advertising for instance. I just feel your viewpoint is quite dangerous as it's widely held and is based on (with respect) ignorance.

We can't have a knee jerk Joe Duffy style outlawing of this, it's the single most successful way for people to stop smoking cigarettes.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

'Long-term peace' announced between Hamas and Israel.

Hamas obviously temporarily out of rockets. Give it two years, max.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post

hy not have a pop at it yourself?
          GSM solutions I think it's called.
          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
            Know ghostface rates the Scandi version but I recently finished watching the first season of the US one and thought it was pretty much garbage.
            Pretty far from garbage but each to their own

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post

why not have a pop at it yourself?
              Yeah its not a particularly hard or expensive job, about 50% of my previous job was repairing phones. One of my users is working from home so just looking for the closest place to his gaff. Working as a sys admin since June and I rarely get time to look at hardware repairs but lots of time eaten up in meetings

Comment

Why Real Nerds Hate ‘The Big Bang Theory’ (And Why You Should Too)
                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  'Long-term peace' announced between Hamas and Israel.

Hamas obviously temporarily out of rockets. Give it two years, max.
                  Guess you won't be doing the rubble bucket challenge?
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                    We can't have a knee jerk Joe Duffy style outlawing of this, it's the single most successful way for people to stop smoking cigarettes.
                    It is?

My own view (as someone who would periodically read the smoking cessation scientific literature and have done for a few years) is that we just don't know very much about the effects of e-cigarettes.

It has become a huge craze (which I think will probably peak and then massively fall off, but might not) but is quite new as something taken up in large numbers.

When it comes to the efficacy of smoking cessation therapies I am all about the long term. Getting people to stop smoking cigarettes in the short term is no great trick. You see ads for nicotine replacement therapies or hypnotherapists providing smoking cessation promising huge success rates but they measure quitting at meaningless short time scales.
                    I am interested in how much people are smoking cigarettes a year later.

Now we don't have good data on what long term effect vaping is going to have on cigarette consumption. Metanalyses of NRT's like patches ,gum, and pharmaceutical treatments show that they are helpful in reducing cigarette use. But vaping might be different.

One of the things you want to do working behaviourally to help people with nicotine addiction is to get them over the psychological effect of holding a cigarette in their hand and puffing away. Because they have been rewarded for doing that so many thousands of times, that action has a powerful hold on them and they want to be able to do it. Vaping, as a stepping stone to nicotine abstinence may be a problem because it retains so much of the physical aspects of smoking a cigarette compared to NRT like gum or patches.

It could well be the case that people who get sick of vaping go back to cigarettes far more than people who get sick of patches go back to smoking. And so may not be the best alternative for those wishing to graduate to nicotine abstinence. Also there is evidence that ex-smokers have started using e-cigarettes. So people might be getting pulled back in.

Only time and studies will tell. Also we just don't know if vaping will turn into a thing for adolescents who might otherwise not smoke. Cola vaping? Oh come on. Even I want to try that.

And we don't know what the actual long term effects of vaping are. Just how harmful is it? To the user, to passive consumers? We don't know.

And here is a point that I think is important, and it's something which I find a lot of people don't think of (especially complementary therapists), but we poker players should. Let's say that vaping is safer than ordinary cigarettes, does that mean it is a good thing? Not necessarily. That is only comparing it to the worst option. You can also compare it to the best option (total abstinence) or a range of other options - NRT's.

It might very well be the case that the many, many people who when they want to quit the fags go cold turkey and succeed will now be more inclined to go the vaping route instead and continue to be trapped by the addiction of nicotine, and continue to be exposed to harm.

So we just don't know. As such we should be cautious. Individual people who have switched for months will always be happy and commending it, it's human nature. But those with wider responsibility within the medical, behavioural science, and regulatory communities should not be promoting it with our current state of knowledge. They should be doing studies , regulating it, and being cautious.

Comment

United XI: De Gea, M Keane, Evans, Vermijl, James, Powell, Janko, Anderson, Hernandez, Kagawa, Welbeck
                      Subs: Amos, McNair, Thorpe, A Pereira, Januzaj, Zaha, Wilson

MK Dons worth a bet at 8/1, at home too

Comment

Comment

Cigarettes were banned from public places due to the health hazard of second hand smoke.

So should the same logic be applied for e-cigs until it's confirmed they're safe?
                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                            United XI: De Gea, M Keane, Evans, Vermijl, James, Powell, Janko, Anderson, Hernandez, Kagawa, Welbeck

lol can you imagine if United don't manage to beat MK Dons

Really weakened United team and bench though. Never heard of Vemijl, James, Janko, McNair, Thorpe or Pereira
                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                              Cigarettes were banned from public places due to the health hazard of second hand smoke.

So should the same logic be applied for e-cigs until it's confirmed they're safe?
                              They are presently understood to be safe. Banning them from indoor spaces because you can't prove a negative is stupid.
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Guess you won't be doing the rubble bucket challenge?
                                think I'll stick to the Rice Bucket Challenge myself
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                  lol can you imagine if United don't manage to beat MK Dons

Really weakened United team and bench though. Never heard of Vemijl, James, Janko, McNair, Thorpe or Pereira
                                  James played most of pre-season. Janko is excellent (not sure about him in a wing back role though) Vemijl is very highly rated and was on the bench a couple of times last season iirc and Pereira is one of the best players with the U21s.

Looking forward to this.

Surprise that neither Januzaj or Zaha start though, but then again, Zaha just doesn't fit the system and unfortunately van gaal is more likely to use Jan than Kagawa at the weekend in some form.
                                  Last edited by Iago; 26-08-14, 18:48.
                                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

People don't move to ecigs from cigs to stop nicotine intake? It's to cut out all the other carcinogenic
                                    bullshit that is in cigs.

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                    What title is on the line?

What weight class are they fighting at?

Is it boxing or mma?

Can we have a few press conferences?
                                    IPB Financial Heavyweight Title
                                    Whatever weight they are.
                                    It's boxing with oversized novelty gloves.
                                    Yes.
                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Can someone please put the numbers below in a random order, merci

Comment

Comment

Lovely order, thanks CHD

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                            Lovely order, thanks CHD
                                            Didn't spend too much time on that one but its pretty random. Could definitely have made it a little more random its just that I am busy.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                              They are presently understood to be safe. Banning them from indoor spaces because you can't prove a negative is stupid.
                                              Citation? I have read scientific studies which have found otherwise.

Comment

Anyone have a HD stream for the United game?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                  Anyone have a HD stream for the United game?
                                                  The streams On ronaldo7 are usually as good as you get, at work so not watching myself
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                    The streams On ronaldo7 are usually as good as you get, at work so not watching myself
                                                    Thanks

Comment

United should be on Comedy Central Keane. Thats free to air afaik.

Comment

Comment

hahahaha it'll be so funny if United don't win this.

It's ET and penos is level tonight yeah?
                                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

I'd invite you to read my posts again and then read what you've said ... then consider that you are agreeing with me almost completely but yet you seem to think that I'm saying something I never even hinted at but in any case its based on ignorance

I think the question is relevant whether you answered yes or no. If you think back to how you felt fitness wise one month after you quit. That's how I feel now.

Of course not vaping is better than vaping, but vaping is far far better for my health than burning tobacco leaves.

Yes there's a higher likelihood my daughter will take up smoking if one of her parents does. That is something I'm going to have to address.

I agree with you that there needs to be strong regulation around vaping, almost to similar levels that exist for smoking, advertising for instance. I just feel your viewpoint is quite dangerous as it's widely held and is based on (with respect) ignorance.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

For a smoker on the inside to look out isnt really fair, it is only when they are truly on the outside looking in can they see.
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

United 2 down....looks like game over really.

3 now.....
                                                                  Last edited by tipp86; 26-08-14, 20:30.
                                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Celtic probably better off not getting to the Group Stages anyway, pretty dire

Comment

Comment

Did you have a punt on that Kev ?
                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Lol
                                                                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Comment

Sigh

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                Going to the largest aquapark in Europe tomorrow. Feels like Salthill all over again.

looks like something from 20000 leagues under the sea.
                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

MK Dons are beating the most successful English side of all time and the only noise you hear out of them is WHEYYYY every time Utd do something wrong

You'd have thought there would be a carnival atmosphere there
                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

You're dead to me DP!
                                                                                        **ww stuff**
                                                                                        you asked for it with that timestamp bullshit
                                                                                        **ww stuff**

Coming home to see this is cheering me up no end though.
                                                                                        4-0 lol
                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Comment

...

Comment

One of the most beautiful nights in football for a while.

Comment

Mk Dons -3 odds before kick off anyone?
                                                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Quick draw, isn't the worst comedy i have seen. only 3 in but its watchable so far.
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

If this happened under moyes .....?????
                                                                                                      PB

Comment

Probably time to start working on a banner and plane
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Do MU just not have the players, or is it some psychological barrier that's affecting them?

(in the words of reddit; if responding please ELI5)
                                                                                                          The manager they thought was God is a shambles tactically, was left a weak squad.

Alex Ferguson left the club in a state player wise. They have thrown money at attacking players when they need to address their defence. For some reason their manager now uses a system that needs 3 center backs and they don't even have one quality player in that position.

Tonights result whilst embarrassing and hilarious isn't that big a deal.

Comment

[Insert random Utd joke here.]

Comment

First time I have felt bad that I am banned off boards.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                                [Insert random Utd joke here.]
                                                                                                                good enough?

Comment

First time I have felt bad that I am banned off boards.
                                                                                                                  You can use my account if you want? That would be a laugh and that United team tonight should be ashamed of themselves

Comment

I don't understand why the new lad felt the need to field a b team. I'd have thought it a good opportunity to give them another 90 mins working in his system. Surely without cl football they could handle a couple of league cup games?

He might be delighted they're out of it but getting tonked like that by one of the great european powerhouses can't be much use for morale.
                                                                                                                    That's an absolute embarrassment no matter what team they put out. Utterly hilarious though of course.

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                                                                                                      You can use my account if you want? That would be a laugh and that United team tonight should be ashamed of themselves
                                                                                                                      You'll be permabanned and would make here look bad.

I'll take the grown up route for a change.

Comment

The programme on RTE now about how people with various forms of physical and intellectual disabilities deal with sex and relationships is excellent.
                                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

You'll be permabanned and would make here look bad.

I'll take the grown up route for a change.
                                                                                                                          No probs, and I just changed my password to something funny just for you and all

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X