No announcement yet.

SCOOP 6, 15 million rollover, Saturday 24th - ***Entry closed***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, You guys didn't have the first?

Comment

100k next week?

Comment

We honestly didn't have the first and with 238627 tickets with that winner it won't be rolled over

We had all horses except for: bear - al muk - upavon - cruise. Not even a sweat
        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Sick to fall at the 1st hurdle, fair play to the effort put in by the lads organising it, we deserved some sweat after all that!

Comment

we had the 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th in the first and all the other winners.
            if the 2nd had of won the first race, we would have 3 runners in this last race for a minimum of stg 900k

Comment

Originally posted by Norwichfanrob View Post
              we had the 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th in the first and all the other winners.
              if the 2nd had of won the first race, we would have 3 runners in this last race for a minimum of stg 900k
              unlucky guys cant have every horse ,had 5 of the winners myself but not together and could not put place docket together in any of them joys of punting

Comment

we had all the winners bar the 1st and won the place pot 108 times to get half our money back.

Comment

The whole lot on Neymar for golden boot
                  http://www.pokerireland.ie

Comment

UL lads

just wanna say ul wp though for th effort ya put in to this.
                    organising a 70k synidcate in just a couple of weeks no mean feat
                    just a pity ya didnt get a decent run on the day
                    are ya able to recuop much from ur investment

Comment

Originally posted by BUACHAILLDÁNA View Post
                      just wanna say ul wp though for th effort ya put in to this.
                      organising a 70k synidcate in just a couple of weeks no mean feat
                      just a pity ya didnt get a decent run on the day
                      are ya able to recuop much from ur investment
                      we invested 73k, had 5 wins and a 2nd in the 6 races and got 39k back.

Comment

Originally posted by Norwichfanrob View Post
                        we invested 73k, had 5 wins and a 2nd in the 6 races and got 39k back.
                        not too bad man wp
                        any chance you could make the scoop 6 forum public as i doubt there will be much scoop action now the jackpot has been hit.
                        id reallt appreciate it as i was followong the scoop myself for a few weeks but couldnt invest because of a lack of income at da mo

it would really help to see how ye approached this.

Comment

If the funds aren't transferred into a telly bingo syndicate I lose all respect
                          airport, lol

Comment

not too bad man wp
                            any chance you could make the scoop 6 forum public as i doubt there will be much scoop action now the jackpot has been hit.
                            id reallt appreciate it as i was followong the scoop myself for a few weeks but couldnt invest because of a lack of income at da mo

given that Arazi and Hi Cloy provided most of the sensitive information in the private thread, I think they should decide whether to keep it private or not.

Comment

not too bad man wp

The syndicate still has 40k to play with, while those discussions are ongoing it should remain private for investors IMO.
                              The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

[QUOTE=Mickey Rosa;802911]The syndicate still has 40k to play with, while those discussions are ongoing it should remain private for investors IMO.[/QUOT
                                surely if they are looking for interest from other potential investors like myself they should open upda forum so we can see how professionally run fair and unbiased the selection process is in regards where to allocate funds etc
                                i think it would really get the interest in the syndicate going.

Comment

i think it would really get the interest in the syndicate going.
                                  Good thinking, it was a bit of a low interest disaster alright.

Comment

Put the €40k on red
                                    Black
                                    Last edited by 40something; 24-05-14, 20:50. Reason: Reflex first choice
                                    One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Just catching up now after work, reading through the posts as they happened.

What a way to go, as Strewel said better to go out in the first than the last. Can't imagine the feeling if we had the first five up and then had the second in the last.

It doesn't hurt nearly as much this way but it makes it harder to realise just how close we came.

Comment

No strewel is wrong, it's all about the sweat, money comes and goes but true sweats like that would have been could never be matched

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
                                          No strewel is wrong, it's all about the sweat, money comes and goes but true sweats like that would have been could never be matched
                                          I know a lad who went out on the last, he had the second. Was a 100k syndicate so not sure how much they got back got the place money.
                                          Great day overall, racing the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                            Good thinking, it was a bit of a low interest disaster alright.
                                            You sound like an arrogant cunt.
                                            I was just askin could I get the forum public and maybe find out about the next one
                                            There seems to be a very arrogant continent on here
                                            Is IPB a public forum or a colledtive of degenerates reinforcing their own negative behaviours about gambling alcohol and the whole attitude to life.
                                            Btw I'm not talkin about the moderators or most members just those that feel the need to make a smart ass comment about something just to be funny
                                            Why not grow up man seriously

Comment

I was just askin could I get the forum public and maybe find out about the next one
                                              Is IPB a public forum or a colledtive of degenerates reinforcing their own negative behaviours about gambling alcohol and the whole attitude to life.
                                              Btw I'm not talkin about the moderators or most members just those that feel the need to make a smart ass comment about something just to be funny
                                              Australia is the most arrogant continent

Comment

You seem like a knob, every post you've made has been annoying.

You didn't join the syndicate so stop being nosey and fuck off.
                                                Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                  You seem like a knob, every post you've made has been annoying.

You didn't join the syndicate so stop being nosey and fuck off.
                                                  Tanks for reinforcing meh point cheers

Comment

Tanks for reinforcing meh point cheers
                                                    Ok you illiterate hobo.
                                                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

He nailed Fancy Trousers though, arrogant cunt

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
                                                        Agreed. Lost interest after no win in the first. Was a big let down after looking forward to it for the week. >115 of us all in a big group sweat till the final race would have been some buzz. There'd be a lot more pain when we fall at the last but the run up to it would have been worth it!
                                                        It's all an illusion

Comment

late catch up, awesome picking and gruesome bad luck. Had to be one of the best comebacks after 1st race to recoup a large %. GL in rest of venture whatever you decide.

Comment

Scoop6 15m

Just catching up now myself, ul folks and vwp. For a complex enterprise, involving pretty sizeable amounts of cash being committed and paid - and all organised over the airwaves, with many of the participants (presumably) never having met in person - it was some achievement. Respect to all involved, esp rob and hicloy.

Comment

What Happens Next

What happens Next - Irish Lotto > 11M OR EuroMillions > 65M predicted.

I will do whatever Norwichfanrob wants to do.

I am travelling for next few week so I am not in a position to organise the EUROMillions or Lotto.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadPat View Post

I am travelling for next few week so I am not in a position to organise the EUROMillions or Lotto.
                                                                Trying to buy that many tickets is a lot of work.

Set up a new fund for horse racing syn. 100 per share max fund 20k. If fund gets to 40k refund original stake and keep going until we hit 40k again. Just an iidea. Let people know every week what the bet is so we get the sweat...

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
                                                                  Trying to buy that many tickets is a lot of work.

Set up a new fund for horse racing syn. 100 per share max fund 20k. If fund gets to 40k refund original stake and keep going until we hit 40k again. Just an iidea. Let people know every week what the bet is so we get the sweat...
                                                                  How did we miss having it on the winner of the 1415 at the curragh ?

Comment

You guys's hate money.
                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Some sensible suggestions would be nice. 75k was contributed on the basis it would be a profitable investment. We aren't just going to go out and buy 40 grand worth of lotto tickets ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                        How did we miss having it on the winner of the 1415 at the curragh ?
                                                                        Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                        Some sensible suggestions would be nice. 75k was contributed on the basis it would be a profitable investment. We aren't just going to go out and buy 40 grand worth of lotto tickets ffs.
                                                                        Mine was a joke NA. I know the team are far to modest to suggest a horse with such a name no matter how apt.

Comment

If we had access again to the horse picking skills that were in play the last two Saturdays, then a horse betting syndicate would be a sensible suggestion - but that would depend on Hicloy, Arzai, GAB and others being willing.

If there is to some kind of syndicate I think the first order of business should be agreeing a fair % to those contributing to picks and administration.

I have 1 share out of 1200 so I'm quite happy to either row in with the majority or cough up a bit more if necessary for an ongoing project.

Comment

Problem is that there isn't really that many propositions that they are both +EV and also offer a Get Very Rich Quick element.

Would be content if yourself/Rob/Arazi/HiCloy/horatio whoever else want to do it take it in turns to do €25 ewL31s on some TV racemeetings, or €500 accums on football matches etc. Burn It or Turn It (into a million).

Obviously footie accums and L31s are -EV but it would be fun. I understand if people with bigger sums remaining would prefer something more scientific.

Comment

I'm not sure about the logistics of it with so many involved and the lads in charge seeing this but is it worth taking a portion of the pot and going after the tote jackpot that rolled over again today?

Comment

The Scoop6 win fund next week will be between £250k-500k. Would it not be worth investing a portion of the funds (10k?) in to that especially considering the bonus may still be there for the winner(s).

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                  Problem is that there isn't really that many propositions that they are both +EV and also offer a Get Very Rich Quick element.

Would be content if yourself/Rob/Arazi/HiCloy/horatio whoever else want to do it take it in turns to do €25 ewL31s on some TV racemeetings, or €500 accums on football matches etc. Burn It or Turn It (into a million).

Obviously footie accums and L31s are -EV but it would be fun. I understand if people with bigger sums remaining would prefer something more scientific.
                                                                                  Has to be a typeo, premier league / conference and I am probably being generous to myself at that .

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadPat View Post

why not setup our own staking fund for new players with talent
                                                                                    im not putting myself in that categoruy but i know of at least players who could spin that loot if given a full time backing
                                                                                    just an opionon btw

Comment

Stick Jamie Gold in the main event and fly yourselves over obv.

Comment

Just to point out about half the money is from shadowless's work syndicate, which I imagine they'll be cashing out. I'd like to do the same too.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ5CbLnSjo0

Comment

Will probably be cashing out but will confirm once all options are available.

Comment

World Cups coming up ....

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                                                                                                World Cups coming up ....

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                  Stick Jerry Yang in the main event and fly yourselves over obv.
                                                                                                  FYP

Comment

Your lotto edge is greater.
                                                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I say split it into 1k chunks and raffle it off, at least a few people get a decent return.

Comment

Argues for the world cup
                                                                                                        And
                                                                                                        Bensema ew for top scorer (spelling smelling)

Comment

Originally posted by Zosma View Post
                                                                                                          I say split it into 1k chunks and raffle it off, at least a few people get a decent return.
                                                                                                          Lol. Can't tell if your serious? Do you have any idea what's going on

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                                                                            I have 1 share out of 1200 so I'm quite happy to either row in with the majority or cough up a bit more if necessary for an ongoing project.
                                                                                                            I've no interest at all in an ongoing syndicate/pool for any sport. Was happy to stick €115 in for 2 shares for an interest in trying to hit big and a get a quick return for my money in the knowledge that we had some pretty clued in guys doing the horse picking, but like quite a few in the syndicate, i've little or not interest in horses so a long term thing wouldn't do anything for me. Happy to let Arazi/HiCloy spin it up on one more race trying to get a little profit, but otherwise i'm just going to cash out.

Comment

Can we all just let NFR announce how much money and give us options. I think the majority will either want probably want one of two things.
                                                                                                              1: to wait and see if it will be 5mill scoop6 and play on. Or 2: a refund
                                                                                                              Let's just let NFR announce something
                                                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

If the Bonus and Win fund isn't won next week I'm gonna play big in 2 weeks, happy to play here. Otherwise I'll be cashing out too.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                  Can we all just let NFR announce how much money and give us options. I think the majority will either want probably want one of two things.
                                                                                                                  1: to wait and see if it will be 5mill scoop6 and play on. Or 2: a refund
                                                                                                                  Let's just let NFR announce something
                                                                                                                  he already announced it

Comment

There's enough of you that 1 of you must know (wink wink) where the 2nd Dublin airport is to be built.

Simply buy an acre of land in the vicinity and sell at planning stage.

Rub money on titties.

QED
                                                                                                                    One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Stake me and three others into the Main Event obv.
                                                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Pick a few players to spin it up online, I cant btw

Comment

Scoop6/Betfred expect a £500k (I'd estimate £375k-£425k) win fund on Saturday. We could take it. Profit.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X