Staking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staking

I have been trying to apply for backing with no success, I have applied to all on 2plus2 in the staking section and have had a few replies, this is the last reply I got

SPOILER
    Hi Keith,

Thank you for your application to xxxxxxx and for your patience. We regret to inform you that on this occasion your application has not been successful. All the best of luck in the future,

Hi,

thanks for coming back. If you don't mind can you tell me the reason as I am thinking it might be volume? Its just so I know what to work on.

Regards
    Keith

Sure, no the volume was fine. I don't make the final decisions, and the main stable boss is in particular looking for students who are not that established but who he feels have a lot of untapped potential and he can improve on quickly. We also have a lot of applications and are only seeking to take on a handful at this time so we are being very selective. Your results / profile are reasonably solid, I'm sure you'll find staking if you keep applying.

Best of luck,

I have had another reply saying I don't have enough of volume but then the email above says quite the opposite, head is wrecked over it tbh, so hard to get backed these.

Some might say that I should have the roll to go at it on my own but tbh I had some personal stuff that needed funds for so the roll isint really there for now.

I suppose with me putting this up I am hoping maybe someone on here might be able to point me in the right direction or even might know of some other staking companies or individuals that I have not applied with.

I am a proven winner since back playing last September which kinda frustrates me that I cant get backed, I also have about €15,000 in live results since just before Xmas
    Attached Files

What were your results like before September?

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
      What were your results like before September?
      I used to mostly play live and cash over the last 12 years on and off, never really put a lot of time into online until last year.

Total life earnings: $377,586. Latest cash: $5,919 on 27-Mar-2024. Click here to see the details of Keith Cummins' 42 cashes.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by TheImprover; 08-05-14, 10:26.

Comment

No little to nothing about long-term staking, maybe PM Flushdraw or 72Over

Comment

Sorry that was the total to date above, this is before September.
          Attached Files

Comment

Fuck staking giving some stable 50% of your winnings.
            Obv has benefits but a lot to be said about playing off your own loots.
            You seemed to have turned it round and worked hard be nice to be playing off your own
            tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearbocht View Post
              Fuck staking giving some stable 50% of your winnings.
              Obv has benefits but a lot to be said about playing off your own loots.
              You seemed to have turned it round and worked hard be nice to be playing off your own
              tank.
              As i said the roll is not there right now as I had to attend to personal stuff, I had a good roll going and was advised to stay at it on my own but my circumstances have changed some what.

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                As i said the roll is not there right now as I had to attend to personal stuff, I had a good roll going and was advised to stay at it on my own but my circumstances have changed some what.
                Are you a full time player or do you have a day job?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  Are you a full time player or do you have a day job?
                  Full time player now since last September.

Comment

How long have you been a member?

How many posts have you got?

Any references?

Type of stake you are looking for?

I have never had trouble, but I play mainly lowish stakes, $3R's, $8 180's, MTT's up to $11.

Comment

Originally posted by flushjee View Post
                      How long have you been a member?

How many posts have you got?

Any references?

Type of stake you are looking for?

I have never had trouble, but I play mainly lowish stakes, $3R's, $8 180's, MTT's up to $11.
                      A member where? 2plus2? I have only about 40 odd posts, off the top of my head I suppose i am a member about 2 years.

I have some very good references which I would rather not mention here.

Mid to high stakes originally but dont mind playing low to mid stakes to start off and climb the ladder again.

I have a fairly good profile which I am showing when I have been applying.

Comment

Have you made a post in the 2p2 seeking stakes section? Or just PM'd guys?

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                          I have been trying to apply for backing with no success, I have applied to all on 2plus2 in the staking section and have had a few replies, this is the last reply I got

SPOILER
                          Hi Keith,

Thank you for your application to xxxxxxx and for your patience. We regret to inform you that on this occasion your application has not been successful. All the best of luck in the future,

Hi,

thanks for coming back. If you don't mind can you tell me the reason as I am thinking it might be volume? Its just so I know what to work on.

Regards
                          Keith

Sure, no the volume was fine. I don't make the final decisions, and the main stable boss is in particular looking for students who are not that established but who he feels have a lot of untapped potential and he can improve on quickly. We also have a lot of applications and are only seeking to take on a handful at this time so we are being very selective. Your results / profile are reasonably solid, I'm sure you'll find staking if you keep applying.

Best of luck,

I have had another reply saying I don't have enough of volume but then the email above says quite the opposite, head is wrecked over it tbh, so hard to get backed these.

Some might say that I should have the roll to go at it on my own but tbh I had some personal stuff that needed funds for so the roll isint really there for now.

I suppose with me putting this up I am hoping maybe someone on here might be able to point me in the right direction or even might know of some other staking companies or individuals that I have not applied with.

I am a proven winner since back playing last September which kinda frustrates me that I cant get backed, I also have about €15,000 in live results since just before Xmas
                          I got same reply, but tbh I don't know why your not been snapped up, I know I have lack of experience and lack of references, lack of forum posts aswel so I can understand why I'm refused, but keep going mate, you'l get 1, rome wasnt built in a day
                          take sweets from strangers, lose everything!

Comment

Originally posted by flushjee View Post
                            Have you made a post in the 2p2 seeking stakes section? Or just PM'd guys?
                            Did both

Comment

Hey Keith. Not sure where and who you applied with, and bar the above rejection, i'm not sure what other reasons were given.

Regardless of whether you are a winner or a loser, staking companies want people that play all hands well, and try to make the best decisions at all times. It's possible that if you sent in any tournament reviews or got railed by places, that you might have made some big errors in certain hands and situations. Now, i have very very little table time with you online, and none live so i'm just guessing here as i've no idea about how you play really and i'm just offering a possible reason.

If two guys get down to the final table double in 3 games, and first guy gets it in pre with AK v J9, KK v Q9 and AA v 56 and loses each one, but the rag donkey wins all the flips and goes on to cash for a huge chunk, then despite them having a 10k swing, the losing guy did nothing wrong while the other guy maybe called off stacks in terrible spots.

As i said, i'm just speculating so i'm not saying anything about your game! If you have sent in HH's or whatever, ask them for feedback on your game aswel because you could have leaks that you don't realise.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                Hey Keith. Not sure where and who you applied with, and bar the above rejection, i'm not sure what other reasons were given.

Regardless of whether you are a winner or a loser, staking companies want people that play all hands well, and try to make the best decisions at all times. It's possible that if you sent in any tournament reviews or got railed by places, that you might have made some big errors in certain hands and situations. Now, i have very very little table time with you online, and none live so i'm just guessing here as i've no idea about how you play really and i'm just offering a possible reason.

If two guys get down to the final table double in 3 games, and first guy gets it in pre with AK v J9, KK v Q9 and AA v 56 and loses each one, but the rag donkey wins all the flips and goes on to cash for a huge chunk, then despite them having a 10k swing, the losing guy did nothing wrong while the other guy maybe called off stacks in terrible spots.

As i said, i'm just speculating so i'm not saying anything about your game! If you have sent in HH's or whatever, ask them for feedback on your game aswel because you could have leaks that you don't realise.
                                Cheers for the input Tony,
                                I have had a good few of my HH reviewed by others and have been railed quite a few times and of course there is going to be leaks but we all have leaks and we improve by fixing our leaks.
                                I have had the likes of 72over and a few more watch me play and review some of my HH's and my game seems to be in good shape but always room for improvment.

Comment

Cheers for the messages and suggestions, I have a deal on the table, must just go through the finer details later, well happy that something has come through, now just to run good.

Comment

surprised it took this long, i just assumed if u were a winning player u could chose which stable u wanted into

Comment

Originally posted by noname1255 View Post
                                      surprised it took this long, i just assumed if u were a winning player u could chose which stable u wanted into
                                      I suppose they are getting so many applications on a daily basis they would have a wide enough choice, to be fair I have only about 1500 games put in since September but I have a good bit of live played as well.

Comment

Working...
                                      X