No announcement yet.

World Cup 2014 Competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pm sent to Michelle Sat Nav now of all the team names so I hope she will do the team list for us.

Comment

Japan or Belgium for me please!

Comment

The Jiggaman
        WhiteKnight
        Frossach
        Stephen McLean
        MegaSin
        Connie O'Sullivan
        Glenn Doyle
        Eoin Foley
        Winkey66
        Jackie C
        Nuck Chorris
        JohnOB
        RG67
        George McMahon
        Megatron
        Peacebrother
        Aido O'Reilly
        Shanno66
        John H
        Peter Campbell
        Boylo91
        4ofakind
        Flushdraw
        Loopz
        Deucewilder
        Jp Mc Cann
        Dobman88
        Phil Baker
        Sammy O'Brien
        Lorraine Baker
        BigBadPat
        IPB Champ

Comment

Originally posted by RG67 View Post
          Pm sent to Michelle Sat Nav now of all the team names so I hope she will do the team list for us.
          Sent u a pm ray. I'm working and have no access to a pc
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

am doing sweet f all at the moment as it is raining so I can lend a helping hand if needed
            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
              The Jiggaman
              WhiteKnight
              Frossach
              Stephen McLean
              MegaSin
              Connie O'Sullivan
              Glenn Doyle
              Eoin Foley
              Winkey66
              Jackie C
              Nuck Chorris
              JohnOB
              RG67
              George McMahon
              Megatron
              Peacebrother
              Aido O'Reilly
              Shanno66
              John H
              Peter Campbell
              Boylo91
              4ofakind
              Flushdraw
              Loopz
              Deucewilder
              Jp Mc Cann
              Dobman88
              Phil Baker
              Sammy O'Brien
              Lorraine Baker
              BigBadPat
              IPB Champ
              Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
              Sent u a pm ray. I'm working and have no access to a pc
              Thanks Ciaran, much appreciated.

No problem Michelle

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                am doing sweet f all at the moment as it is raining so I can lend a helping hand if needed
                Thanks mate, sending pm with list of team names now.

Comment

So as you can see from Dice's post the Names list is as follows:

1. The Jiggaman
                  2. WhiteKnight
                  3. Frossach
                  4. Stephen McLean
                  5. MegaSin
                  6. Connie O'Sullivan
                  7. Glenn Doyle
                  8. Eoin Foley
                  9. Winkey66
                  10. Jackie C
                  11. Nuck Chorris
                  12. JohnOB
                  13. RG67
                  14. George McMahon
                  15. Megatron
                  16. Peacebrother
                  17. Aido O'Reilly
                  18. Shanno66
                  19. John H
                  20. Peter Campbell
                  21. Boylo91
                  22. 4ofakind
                  23. Flushdraw
                  24. Loopz
                  25. Deucewilder
                  26. Jp Mc Cann
                  27. Dobman88
                  28. Phil Baker
                  29. Sammy O'Brien
                  30. Lorraine Baker
                  31. BigBadPat
                  32. IPB Champ

Once the team draw is completed it'll be posted the same way and we'll know who we've got.

Ghana would be the obvious choice for me if I could pick but I'll settle for Iran or Bosnia as very distant second and third selections lol

Good luck us

Comment

bit of a farce of a draw this eh mdoug or who ever could match a team to who they want now they see the order.

you could have just used something like this http://www.noporkpies.com/worldcup/

but carry on doesnt matter to me.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                      bit of a farce of a draw this eh mdoug or who ever could match a team to who they want now they see the order.

you could have just used something like this http://www.noporkpies.com/worldcup/

but carry on doesnt matter to me.
                      Yeah was honestly thinking that myself. I honestly replied asap to RG which he can confirm and just logged back in now to see he wants me to post on here instead of via pm. I honestly hadn't looked at the Dice's list above as I just went to the pm and ordered them randomly myself(not even excel) but work away with whatever ye want. I just wanted to help ye move things along If there is any consolation I hate all the people on the list equally so have no bias whatsoever

Belgium
                      Nigeria
                      Bosnia & H
                      Ghana
                      England
                      Chile
                      South Korea
                      Cameroon
                      Argentina
                      Algeria
                      Mexico
                      USA
                      Holland
                      Columbia
                      Japan
                      Uruguay
                      Greece
                      Germany
                      France
                      Ecuador
                      Spain
                      Honduras
                      Ivory Coast
                      Switzerland
                      Costa Rica
                      Iran
                      Croatia
                      Portugal
                      Brazil
                      Italy

Attached the pic here to prove the timestamp I did the draw
                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Yeah nobody should see either list, that's why i suggested this...

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                        Randomise the names of the people involved and send them on to an independent observer (ArmaniJeans or so) and then ask someone in the BBV to randomise the 32 teams and just match them up to give the draw.
                        If you randomised the names and sent them to AJ or someone not in the draw just to hold, then ask someone in the BBV to randomise the teams, then either you or AJ post the PM and that's your draw done. Simple, and takes 2 minutes.

I'm sure there's no issues though the way it's done.

Comment

So whats going on then? Flushdraw and AJ gonna do their usual and sort this out or?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
                            So whats going on then? Flushdraw and AJ gonna do their usual and sort this out or?
                            Well the draw was done legit before i posted that, so you can't change it now imo. Would have been better done blindly, but mdoug's PM seems above board. Plus, i got a good team for a change!

Comment

Well the draw was done legit before i posted that, so you can't change it now imo. Would have been better done blindly, but mdoug's PM seems above board. Plus, i got a good team for a change!
                              Guess I have Mexico then!

SPOILER

Comment

There are only 30 Teams in MDougs list though? What am I missing?

Comment

Originally posted by RG67
                                  As far as I'm concerned there is nothing wrong with the draw. The draw stands and those are the picks, best of luck to all.

Except for what Megatron correctly pointed out.
                                  So does it stand or not then? Not having a go at you, just want to know is that final so I can get my Croatia jersey

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                    So does it stand or not then? Not having a go at you, just want to know is that final so I can get my Croatia jersey
                                    Cant stand if there's only 32 players and 30 teams now! Needs to be done again.

Do we have 32 players or not?

Comment

It unfortunately does not stand as Russia and Australia were left out of the draw.

Can somebody please get a Random List of the 32 teams done.

Thanks mdoug for doing it anyway.

Comment

It unfortunately does not stand as Russia and Australia were left out of the draw.

Can somebody please get a Random List of the 32 teams done.

Thanks mdoug for doing it anyway.
                                        Ray, you need to make sure it's all sorted before we go again.

No point randomising the teams we don't know what's it's for?

Comment

Ray, you send a list of the 32 players in a random order to Megatron.
                                          Post here when done.
                                          I'll post the 32 countries randomised.
                                          Match them up.
                                          gg

Comment

Cant stand if there's only 32 players and 30 teams now! Needs to be done again.

Do we have 32 players or not?
                                            Can you please send the list of teams to somebody in BBV for randomising?

Comment

My bad! copied and pasted what was on my notepad page but never scrolled down for Australia
                                              Russia

On the plus side ye can do it legit via bbv and nobody can be suspicious
                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

So I still have a chance of getting Iran

Get in !!!!
                                                PB

Comment

Do you want to do this Ray?

Ray, you send a list of the 32 players in a random order to Megatron.
                                                  Post here when done.
                                                  I'll post the 32 countries randomised.
                                                  Match them up.
                                                  gg
                                                  You just send the players to anyone by PM, i'll (or anyone you want) will use random.org to post the 32 teams, then your PM guy will post the names and we'll have our draw in less than 5 minutes? Nobody will have any ideas or influence over the draw that way.

Comment

I can help if you need someone. Not involved so don't care who wins.

Comment

Comment

Does anyone know whats going on with this ?
                                                        PB

Comment

Originally posted by PEACEBROTHER View Post
                                                          Does anyone know whats going on with this ?
                                                          I think Flushdraw is taking over. Starting to turn into a bit of a disaster now.

Comment

I think Flushdraw is taking over. Starting to turn into a bit of a disaster now.
                                                            Nah leaving it to Ray, it's his baby. I offered him a couple of fool proof ways of doing it to make sure it was done quickly without any ambiguity, or without any raised eyebrows, but he didn't go for it. It should take no longer than 5 mins to do.

Comment

Nah leaving it to Ray, it's his baby. I offered him a couple of fool proof ways of doing it to make sure it was done quickly without any ambiguity, or without any raised eyebrows, but he didn't go for it. It should take no longer than 5 mins to do.
                                                              My bad, thought you were doing the "draw". I just want to know who I will be cheering for tbh. Already have Mexico, Honduras and USA in other sweeps so can't be much worse

Comment

My bad, thought you were doing the "draw". I just want to know who I will be cheering for tbh. Already have Mexico, Honduras and USA in other sweeps so can't be much worse
                                                                Costa Rica, Iran and Australia still out there

Comment

Jesus. . . .

Comment

Do you want to do this Ray?

You just send the players to anyone by PM, i'll (or anyone you want) will use random.org to post the 32 teams, then your PM guy will post the names and we'll have our draw in less than 5 minutes? Nobody will have any ideas or influence over the draw that way.
                                                                    Ok Flushdraw, sounds like a plan. I'll pm Donk Magnet the players names now. You do the team draw.

Comment

I won't be near a laptop til about 1230

Comment

Ok Flushdraw, sounds like a plan. I'll pm Donk Magnet the players names now. You do the team draw.
                                                                        I am online for a bit. PM me if you want.

Just let me know what you need me to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                          I am online for a bit. PM me if you want.

Just let me know what you need me to do.
                                                                          Same, if you want to send the players to Megatron,
                                                                          he'll pm you back a random list, and post on the thread that it is done.

Once this is done, I'll randomise the list of countries and post them up.
                                                                          Hopefully I can remember to include all 32 of them.
                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I have randomised the names that were sent to me on random.org I can do the same with the teams if you guys like.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                              I have randomised the names that were sent to me on random.org I can do the same with the teams if you guys like.
                                                                              lol, The whole point of this is that the one person does not do both lists.

Just send what you have done to Ray.

I'll do the countries in ten minutes.
                                                                              When Ray sees your pm he can then post your random list up, only after I have posted my list up.
                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                lol, The whole point of this is that the one person does not do both lists.

Just send what you have done to Ray.

I'll do the countries in ten minutes.
                                                                                When Ray sees your pm he can then post your random list up, only after I have posted my list up.
                                                                                It's sent already. Was just trying to help is all.

Comment

Thanks DonkMagnet, perfect job.

List Randomizer

There were 32 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

Uruguay
                                                                                  Greece
                                                                                  Ghana
                                                                                  Nigeria
                                                                                  Portugal
                                                                                  Holland
                                                                                  Croatia
                                                                                  Belgium
                                                                                  South Korea
                                                                                  Argentina
                                                                                  England
                                                                                  Spain
                                                                                  Costa Rica
                                                                                  Germany
                                                                                  Iran
                                                                                  Italy
                                                                                  Japan
                                                                                  Cameroon
                                                                                  Ivory Coast
                                                                                  Columbia
                                                                                  Chile
                                                                                  Switzerland
                                                                                  Bosnia & H
                                                                                  Russia
                                                                                  France
                                                                                  Australia
                                                                                  USA
                                                                                  Algeria
                                                                                  Brazil
                                                                                  Honduras
                                                                                  Mexico
                                                                                  Ecuador

Timestamp: 2014-06-11 10:58:41 UTC

Ray you can now join up Donks list with mine.
                                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

The following is a copy of the pm sent to me by Donk Magnet:

There were 32 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

Flushdraw
                                                                                    Glenn Doyle
                                                                                    John H
                                                                                    Dobman88
                                                                                    Eoin Foley
                                                                                    Frossach
                                                                                    MegaSin
                                                                                    BigBadPat
                                                                                    Peter Campbell
                                                                                    Loopz
                                                                                    Peacebrother
                                                                                    IPB Champ
                                                                                    Boylo91
                                                                                    Lorraine Baker
                                                                                    Stephen McLean
                                                                                    Jp Mc Cann
                                                                                    Winkey66
                                                                                    JohnOB
                                                                                    WhiteKnight
                                                                                    Nuck Chorris
                                                                                    Sammy O'Brien
                                                                                    George McMahon
                                                                                    Connie O'Sullivan
                                                                                    Jackie C
                                                                                    Aido O'Reilly
                                                                                    The Jiggaman
                                                                                    4ofakind
                                                                                    Shanno66
                                                                                    Phil Baker
                                                                                    Deucewilder
                                                                                    Megatron
                                                                                    RG67
                                                                                    Timestamp: 2014-06-11 10:38:38 UTC

Comment

The Bakers run good - Germany and Brazil!

Comment

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Could have been worse I suppose
                                                                                          Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Final Draw

And finally we've completed the list. Best of luck to all the entrants. Hopefully some of us get a decent run for our money although I'm not overly confident about my team

1. Uruguay - Flushdraw
                                                                                            2. Greece - Glenn Doyle
                                                                                            3. Ghana - John H
                                                                                            4. Nigeria - Dobman88
                                                                                            5. Portugal - Eoin Foley
                                                                                            6. Holland - Frossach
                                                                                            7. Croatia - MegaSin
                                                                                            8. Belgium - BigBadPat
                                                                                            9. South Korea - Peter Campbell
                                                                                            10. Argentina - Loopz
                                                                                            11. England - Peacebrother
                                                                                            12. Spain - IPB Champ
                                                                                            13. Costa Rica - Boylo91
                                                                                            14. Germany - Lorraine Baker
                                                                                            15. Iran - Stephen Mc Lean
                                                                                            16. Italy - Jp Mc Cann
                                                                                            17. Japan - Winkey66
                                                                                            18. Cameroon - JohnOB
                                                                                            19. Ivory Coast - WhiteKnight
                                                                                            20. Columbia - Nuck Chorris
                                                                                            21. Chile - Sammy O'Brien
                                                                                            22. Switzerland - George McMahon
                                                                                            23. Bosnia & H - Connie O'Sullivan
                                                                                            24. Russia - Jackie C
                                                                                            25. France - Aido O'Reilly
                                                                                            26. Australia - The Jiggaman
                                                                                            27. USA - 4ofakind
                                                                                            28. Algeria - Shanno66
                                                                                            29. Brazil - Phil Baker
                                                                                            30. Honduras - Deucewilder
                                                                                            31. Mexico - Megatron
                                                                                            32. Ecuador - RG67

Comment

Let the banter begin

How the F*** does Phil Baker run so well........Brazil, I mean come on and to make it even worse his better half Lorraine goes and bags herself Germany. Lucky couple lol

Comment

Novelty bet, Croatia to beat Brazil in the opening game 9/1.

Serious bet:

Australia, Costa Rica, Iran, Honduras & Algeria all to finish the group stage with less than 1.5 pts.

Comment

So far in various sweeps I have Honduras, Mexico, USA, France and waiting on one other. Honduras and Mexico are in the randomness so should make some money there

Comment

Cheers Mick owe you a craft beer Brazil win Spain runner up for all the loots

Comment

Nice upgrade from Honduras
                                                                                                      48

Comment

From spain to Costa Rica

Beautiful
                                                                                                        If found please feed me chips

Comment

I'm pretty sure mine is a downgrade lol.......Holland to Ecuador......seems like a bad deal to me.

South American Country should win in my opinion anyway so fingers crossed lol

Comment

Originally posted by Boylo91 View Post
                                                                                                            From spain to Costa Rica

Beautiful
                                                                                                            Ye, I'm a little disappointed I don't have a booby prize in there now lol

Comment

Worst Christmas Ever....

Waiting for This draw to be done is nearly as exciting as Christmas Eve when i was a sprogg!
                                                                                                              Originally posted by Duecewilder View Post
                                                                                                              Just ruined Christmas

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
                                                                                                              Just woke up to a bag of coal under the tree
                                                                                                              Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                                                                              Nice upgrade from Honduras
                                                                                                              Poker is like sex, position is everything..

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Duecewilder

Comment

From England to Croatia.... So I'm happy.

Comment

So Westlife is first off the mark with a 3-1 victory last night. 3 games today but only one worth watching in my opinion, Spain -v- Holland @ 8pm. A low scoring affair in my view but should be entertaining.

Comment

So Westlife is first off the mark with a 3-1 victory last night. 3 games today but only one worth watching in my opinion, Spain -v- Holland @ 8pm. A low scoring affair in my view but should be entertaining.
                                                                                                                    No goalless games by both teams in qualification and with Dutch averaging 3.9 and Spain 2.13 I disagree. Think both these teams go through ahead of Chile and Austrailia and will play it tight but goals will come.......I hope

Comment

@Boylo91 From Spain to Costa Rica was a downgrade yeh, lol, what a swap

The Bakers are going strong here.

Ecuador, wtf!!!! Can't even get a point v Switzerland, early bath for me

Comment

@Boylo91 From Spain to Costa Rica was a downgrade yeh, lol, what a swap
                                                                                                                        Downgrade??pfffttt!! That was a serious upgrade !!! haha
                                                                                                                        If found please feed me chips

Comment

So far those confirmed whose football interest can move on to the upcoming Premiership Season are:

Megasin
                                                                                                                          JohnOB
                                                                                                                          IPB Champ
                                                                                                                          The Jiggaman
                                                                                                                          Peacebrother

I am quite confident I will be joining that list myself within the next couple of days.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X