Balanced diet and exercise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balanced diet and exercise

I would like to hear people's opinions on how much of an impact a balanced diet/keeping fit going to the gym 3/4 times a week has on your poker game..Would it make you more focused than if your diet was terrible and you didnt exercise much..Or do you think it makes no difference what so ever
    If found please feed me chips

Can only help can't it
    http://www.pokerireland.ie

Comment

Can only speak for myself, no idea how this applies generally, but when [mostly] I stick to whole non-processed foods and exercise a couple of times a week I feel much better 'inside', I sleep very well and my disposition is probably happier.

To me, that kind of combination helps with whatever you're trying to do, including playing poker.

Comment

When I used to play 8+ hour sessions in Canada the day would start for me at around 10.30 am with a walk to the gym and spend maybe an hour or so doing a bit. I would go home eat a small meal and start my session around 1pm.

I have no doubt but I would be in a better frame of mind than getting up and watching an hours tv.
        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

thanks for your opinions . I feel that it makes a big difference aswell, you more on too of your game while your doin excercise you feel on top of the world your gonna bring that into your poker game too. Havent got to the gym in the last few weeks il be gettin back down soon you cant beat it,playing when your feelin great its so much better
          If found please feed me chips

Comment

Ye i think its 100% helps,Exercise is great for the mind and really helps with decision making.Have Only started going gym and eating healthy myself and for me its a big help not only do i feel better mentally and happy but helps with the confidence to

Comment

I definitely regret not keeping fit and sleeping more when I played poker properly. No doubt I would have wrung a little more out of the game.
              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Major difference. Your mindset is in a much better place. I highly recommend taking up running really gets you in a positive frame of mind. 30mins-1hr run before your session will get you well focused

Comment

Keeping fit and healthy will unquestionably help as it does with all aspects of life really. You'll be operating more efficiently in general.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Irisheman View Post
                    30mins-1hr run before your session will get you well focused
                    The above advice may apply to about 20 % of IPBers, for the other 80 %, it could have them in casualty. #Pareto

Comment

Working...
                    X