Tilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tilt

I don't actually tilt much these days but when I do I go all out. I don't have any problems with standard bad beats like losing with kings to ak, etc.,

But when some donk gets lucky I can lose it, tonight fairly deep in 22 6 max on Stars two well stacked guys went crazy both with A3 suited up against my AK and one spiked a flush. I still had a semi playable stack but pissed it away immediately and did likewise in three other tourneys.

I know that it's good that such guys are playing and they're the source of any profit I will make and the rest of the logic I suppose but can't help myself sometimes. I've tried focusing on the 'right decision' being my priority and not the actual outcome of the hand which has actually helped me with tilt alot but would really like to be immune to it.

I guess it's really up to me to control my emotions but if anyone has any advice it would be most welcome.

If you smoke, go for a smoke. If you don't smoke, go for some fresh air. If you're worried about missing hands, remind yourself you're losing less chips than you would if you stayed at the table. If you have a smart phone/tablet, stick on some Bill Hicks and remind yourself that, at the end of the day, you're getting pissed off over trivial shite.

If you need further life coaching, pm my secretary Icarus152 for an appointment.
    It's all an illusion

Comment

There are so many factors involved in tilt.There is no universal fix for this problem as each person is different.

A lot of players do not realise the importance of controlling tilt and just shrug it off.Without having control over it in my opinion a player can never make progress and have success.It doesnt matter if you have all the talent in the world if you cant control yourself from tilting you havent a hope.

I for years struggled with tilt until i decided to do something about it and got myself mental game coaching.I was a huge skeptic going into the sessions but i cant speak highly enough of the mental game coaching.

Controlling tilt for me starts before i start my playing sessions.But the same as anything else it doesnt just happen overnight.Repitition of proper methods to stop tilt occuring is vital.

At the start it was tough but slowly but surely i made progress with my tilt issues.I continuely practice the methods provided for me in an action plan by my mental game coach and it is now part of my daily routine.I can honestly say it works and i havent had any mental game issues in a long time.

The coach i used was a lady called Alessandra Farley based in Las Vegas.

It was actually very reasonable pricing for my sessions as well to my surprise.

Everyone is different but i can say my sessions with her helped me a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by patg2 View Post
        There are so many factors involved in tilt.There is no universal fix for this problem as each person is different.

A lot of players do not realise the importance of controlling tilt and just shrug it off.Without having control over it in my opinion a player can never make progress and have success.It doesnt matter if you have all the talent in the world if you cant control yourself from tilting you havent a hope.

I for years struggled with tilt until i decided to do something about it and got myself mental game coaching.I was a huge skeptic going into the sessions but i cant speak highly enough of the mental game coaching.

Controlling tilt for me starts before i start my playing sessions.But the same as anything else it doesnt just happen overnight.Repitition of proper methods to stop tilt occuring is vital.

At the start it was tough but slowly but surely i made progress with my tilt issues.I continuely practice the methods provided for me in an action plan by my mental game coach and it is now part of my daily routine.I can honestly say it works and i havent had any mental game issues in a long time.

The coach i used was a lady called Alessandra Farley based in Las Vegas.

It was actually very reasonable pricing for my sessions as well to my surprise.

Everyone is different but i can say my sessions with her helped me a lot.
        I'd bet I could tilt you.

Comment

The trick is to learn how to recognise when it's happening, why it's happening, and then figure out how to stop it. Repeatedly running into the top of someone's range is what sets me off. Regular breaks help, but when it just gets too much I have to stop playing. I'm primarily a cash player though so I can't really help you with online tournies.
          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
            I'd bet I could tilt you.
            Lol probably!

Comment

Working...
            X