Sunday 5 Mil on stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday 5 Mil on stars

Congratulations to Sincinaty118 (ireland)...

Any idea who this is? Somebody from Galway from what I can gather?
    https://twitter.com/#!/MickyWeissmann

Comment

https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

480k.....better than a kick in the bollicks anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by phanton View Post
          480k.....better than a kick in the bollicks anyway...
          The majority will never know whether this statement is fact or fiction
          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

http://kerryman.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx

WINDFALL FOR STUDENT

IF STUDENT poverty ever meant anything to Listowel’s Seán Hegarty, it means nothing now – not after winning almost half a million dollars in an online poker tournament!
            Seán (26) is the envy of his university pals at NUI Galway this week after the cool-handed civil engineering student pocketed $450,000 – or €326,000 – at the end of a marathon tournament on website Pokerstars.com. Facing 26,000 players, Seán held his nerve in a contest that went on for over 15 hours. A NORTH Kerry poker ace is celebrating just about the best Christmas ever after winning nearly half a million US dollars in an online tournament!
            Listowel man Seán Hegarty’s amazing win came at the end of a 15-hour marathon poker tournament on website PokerStars.com recently in an incredible achievement that saw the 26-year-old marshalling every last bit of his very considerable poker skills.
            Seán, who has been playing poker seriously for the past eight years, is now hoping to go professional but only after he completes the Civil Engineering degree he is currently studying for at NUI Galway.
            The odds are certainly in his favour - he emerged triumphant from an initial field of 26,000 players in the online tournament through sheer grit, a cool head and skill rather than just simple luck. Nearly every hand went his way right down to the river card as he blew the competition out of the water.
            “It’s a pretty good Christmas alright,” Seán told The Kerryman. “It was $200 to buy in with a pot of $5.5 million and I came away with $450,000 in all!”
            That’s €326,903 at current exchange rates in a windfall that’s going to provide Seán with whatever Christmas present he might want.
            But the Listowel man is remaining resolutely sensible.
            “I’m not going blowing it on much to be honest as I’m going to concentrate on finishing my studies first. I won’t be getting a new car or anything just yet. But I hope to go pro after graduating from NUIG as a civil engineer,” he said.
            His win came just days after a big engineering exam. “It was hard, but I had to put poker completely out of my head in the runup to the exam, two days before the tournament got underway.
            A special ‘Sunday Millions’ tournament on the website, it started at 7.30pm on Sunday, December 8, with Seán lasting the course until 11am the following morning - 15 hours later!
            Now flush with his success, Cool Hand Seán will be celebrating with parents Margaret and John and family at a full house in Clieveragh when he comes home from Galway for the Christmas break.
            His nickname is "Weesh". Has played a few big tourneys around Ireland afaik. Talking about going pro in the article, could never understand that after one big score but each to their own I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
              http://kerryman.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx

His nickname is "Weesh". Has played a few big tourneys around Ireland afaik. Talking about going pro in the article, could never understand that after one big score but each to their own I suppose.
              well going ''pro'' in poker terms is very vague. In essence anybody who decides to go full time can be a pro. maybe it should involve sponsorship to use the term.

Fair play to him and nice bank roll to start with. He seems have head on his shoulders to see out the degree anyway. Maybe use 40k for poker and see if you can build online. You could go to vegas with even a million and be back home broke for next xmas.

I wonder if you get a big headline score online do you have to release your name? I know in live tournaments, you x some box that says you can be used for promotion etc like photos. I know it will come out anyway in the poker scene but dont think id like a headline in paper saying i had 300k in the bank in this day and age in Ireland if could be helped. Similar to scooping a lotto you can remain anon in the media but locals would know who won.
              Last edited by mugsy; 19-12-13, 20:35. Reason: .

Comment

Anyone able to PM me Shaun's email or phone number for a potential media engagement?

Comment

Working...
                X