Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many Breaks in live MTTs ???

There's too many.

One 20 minute break every 2 levels (hours) is for pussies.

Back in the day there was 1 break every 4 hours*. Proper order.

Stamina should be part of the game IMO.

*may not be true but definitly better than whats happening now

Last tourney I played (30min levels, progressive) was a 15 min break after 2 hours to chip up and then a quick 10ish minute break to finish the re-entry period. After that we got breaks every 4 levels that went to 35mins, 40mins and 45mins. Skipped the last break on day 1 with 22 players left cos 20 got through to day 2 so they just burst the bubble.

All depends on the TD/organiser in question I suppose. Everyone has their own way of doing things.

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
      Last tourney I played (30min levels, progressive) was a 15 min break after 2 hours to chip up and then a quick 10ish minute break to finish the re-entry period. After that we got breaks every 4 levels that went to 35mins, 40mins and 45mins. Skipped the last break on day 1 with 22 players left cos 20 got through to day 2 so they just burst the bubble.

All depends on the TD/organiser in question I suppose. Everyone has their own way of doing things.
      Dealers also need breaks

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
        Dealers also need breaks
        There were plenty of dealers for the push. I always defend dealers (I did it for a living for 6 years) so I know how it can be.

All the dealers I spoke to, I knew most of them anyway, said they were getting more than enough breaks. A few of the non smokers even said they were borderline bored at times. Push was 30-35 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
          Dealers also need breaks
          NOt every 2 hours though.

labour law gives employees a gtd break of 15 minutes after 4 hours work.

I'm not sayiong that we should treat dealers like they're working in North Korea, but if players are playing a game that - IMO - should require some sort of stamina, then organisers should supply staffing levels that can accomodate this.

I just brought this up because the last few tournaments I played, (UKIPT, IO & IWF) there were a shit load of breaks, which were unnecessary IMO.

Accomodating people who smoke is irresopnsible IMO and shouldnt be used as an excuse

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
            NOt every 2 hours though.

labour law gives employees a gtd break of 15 minutes after 4 hours work.

I'm not sayiong that we should treat dealers like they're working in North Korea, but if players are playing a game that - IMO - should require some sort of stamina, then organisers should supply staffing levels that can accomodate this.

I just brought this up because the last few tournaments I played, (UKIPT, IO & IWF) there were a shit load of breaks, which were unnecessary IMO.

Accomodating people who smoke is irresopnsible IMO and shouldnt be used as an excuse
            a lot of us dobman included have worked an event with short staff and you end up with a 6-8 table push or even worse staying at the same table for 2 hours+. This is where mistakes are made due to concentration levels and tiredness. Dealing can be hard mentally and stuff. Not exactly rocket science but you do need full concentration as even a slight mistake could be monumental and fuck up someone's tourney. Just think of doing something monotonous for 12-13 hours a day...gets pretty boring and I bet near the end you're not giving it 100%!
            Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

just to add 6-7 push would be 3-31/2 hours which is less than your 4 hour rule so even a long push is pretty tiring near the end.
              Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                There's too many.

One 20 minute break every 2 levels (hours) is for pussies.

Back in the day there was 1 break every 4 hours*. Proper order.

Stamina should be part of the game IMO.

*may not be true but definitly better than whats happening now
                I actually concur. too many breaks. dealers operate on a separate system to the tourney clock, so the number of breaks in a tourney has nothing to do with dealer breaks.
                floor staff can take advantage of these breaks and break the dealers, but they are independent of each other.

But it has always been like this. It has to do with the levels and timings.
                but the breaks have always been every 2-3 levels.

Comment

Working...
                X