RELAX - just an idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RELAX - just an idea

As you are all aware, Jp Mc Cann has put on a Christmas Cracker tournament set for January 4th. It has an entry cost of €1000 with €25,000 guaranteed for first place.

Idea:

10 players, €100 each, 5k starting stack, 15 min blinds.
    1st Place: Plays and keeps 55% of prize money if cashing.
    2nd - 10th: 5% of 1st Places prize money if cashing.

i.e. If 1st place wins the tournament for €25k on the 4th Jan then he/she keeps €13750 = 55%.
    2nd - 10th would get €1250 each = 5% each.

If he/she wins €9k then he/she keeps €4950.
    2nd - 10th would get €450.

....and so on.

Thoughts welcome and insults expected

Thought you were forming a Frankie Goes to Hollywood tribute band going by the thread title.
    Profit before people.

Comment

No, just a "Winner goes to Tallaght" tournie. Generally speaking if I ever won a trip to Tallaght I'd shed a tear but wouldn't mind winning a chance of playing this tournament lol

Comment

Is that structure set in stone?

Comment

If it was an actual tournament then it would be posted in the appropriate area, Live Tournaments and Events, however, as it's merely an idea seeking interested players I feel a structure is unnecessary just yet.
          Good effort at being cynical though but back to work with ya

Comment

Stick me down

Nice idea
            http://paullucey.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
              Is that structure set in stone?
              Brought a smile to my face, that was a funny thread

(courtesy of Laois Hammer iirc)

Incidentally RG67 - you could run it as a home game on Stars with the players transferring the buyin to an escrow (or JP)
              Last edited by Dice75; 11-11-13, 19:00.

Comment

I wouldn't be around to play the Main Event, but if i was, then i wouldn't pay €100 into a satellite where the most i'd have of myself would be 55%. Anyone willing to take part wouldn't be expecting to get anything for busting 1st either. A better idea would be 80% for the winner and 12%/8% for 2nd 3rd, or even 10/5/5 for 2nd, 3rd, 4th imo

Comment

As I said, was just an idea and I'm open to suggestions. Ciaran, I would either run it at home or ask Jp if he'd mind if we did it there. Alternatively I can have it in a pub in Clondalkin if people fancied a few drinks.
                  I like the 80% 12% 8% idea too.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                      If there was no markup, you could buy 10% of a player for €100, so surely if it was paid out 1/2/3 on the sit-and-go, 3rd should get at least 10%, ideally more. Maybe 65%/20%/15%?
                      It's not a sit n go, it's a satellite. If it was a €1k prizepool, then great. You're playing for % of a future game and you still need to do all the work in that. I just don't think Ray would get 10 players willing to pay €100 and without playing for at least 75% of themselves. Just IMO

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RG67 View Post
                          As I said, was just an idea and I'm open to suggestions. Ciaran, I would either run it at home or ask Jp if he'd mind if we did it there. Alternatively I can have it in a pub in Clondalkin if people fancied a few drinks.
                          I like the 80% 12% 8% idea too.
                          You can run it in the club no problem.
                          Were closed Tuesdays so not that night.
                          €10,000 GTD New Monthly Tournament
                          Village Green Card Club, Last Thursday of the Month, €270 Freezeout
                          €1,000,000 GTD - Irish Open
                          CityWest Hotel, 6th-13th April

Comment

It is absolutely a satellite game. Once 10 players are good to play then that would be it. €1k in the prizepool all of which would be used for Jp's tournament entry, no cash alternatives.

I just thought that some people might fancy their chances of binking in for a €100 and if they don't then at least they may get a small percentage of somebody who does. It is my humble opinion that not many of us low stakes players will have a €1k floating around in our pockets the week after Christmas so it was an idea based on that also.

I suggested something similar in Jp's club for a game earlier this year and there was a good bit of interest in it so I thought it might work for this.

Personally speaking I'd love to play a €1k for €100 - just saying.

I certainly agree with the idea of just the top 3 having percentages. Makes the game more interesting. The way I would picture it ideally would be:

1st: 76% & Plays
                            2nd: 14%
                            3rd: 10%

Comment

We used to do this in Naas years ago for the Irish Open, everybody that played got a % with the winner getting 50% second had 25%, third had 10%, the other 15% was divided between the rest (dont think there was ever 10 players, usually 6-9)
                              twitter
                              moneybookers

Comment

@Gimmeabreak: I reversed the last 2 digits of my username!!!! WTF difference does it make it's just a random figure, AS I HAVE SAID, it's just an idea and I'm open to suggestions!!!!!

It would be great if these posts/threads could only be responded too by people that actually would be interested in doing it and add a few good ideas as opposed to a few muppets who just write bs on every thread or post just to be involved.

I have 3 interested people already, sorry no, 4 including Carlow Poker, oh shit sorry again, it's 5 actually with myself included.

I'm just seeking suggestions as to what might be the fairest divide percentage wise to have a decent game. Anywhere else in a satellite it would be winner takes all so if 2nd and 3rd can take a bit of action then it would make for a better game imo. I don't care how much the percentages are.

Instead of trying to be smart and cynical, write a good suggestion or get off the boat lad.
                                Last edited by RG67; 12-11-13, 10:44.

Comment

@Ballymorechris: The amount of runners is irrelevant to me tbh. My idea is for 10 players for €100 each but if only 8 want to play and are happy to pay €125 each then so be it. It would be 10 players max though. I just thought it'd be a quicker and easier way for people to have a chance at playing a great tournament (with €25k guaranteed 1st place money) as opposed to spending possibly €100 or more playing sat after sat after sat to bink a ticket where it's winner takes all. This way, it'd be structured to be over in 3 hours approx and that's it, and if you're unlucky enough not to win you could still have a percentage of a horse in the race.
                                  Last edited by RG67; 12-11-13, 10:41.

Comment

Originally posted by RG67 View Post
                                    @Gimmeabreak: Just a random figure, AS I HAVE SAID, it's just an idea and I'm open to suggestions!!!!!

It would be great if these posts/threads could only be responded too by people that actually would be interested in doing it and add a few good ideas as opposed to a few muppets who just write bs on every thread or post just to be involved.

I have 3 interested people already, sorry no, 4 including Carlow Poker, oh shit sorry again, it's 5 actually with myself included.

I'm just seeking suggestions as to what might be the fairest divide percentage wise to have a decent game. Anywhere else in a satellite it would be winner takes all so if 2nd and 3rd can take a bit of action then it would make for a better game imo. I don't care how much the percentages are.

Instead of trying to be smart and cynical, write a good suggestion or get off the boat lad.
                                    Not sure what side of the bed you got out of this morning, but no need for the outburst in your post imo. You got just over a dozen replies and i'm not sure which ones you're referring to? One or 2 jokey posts that aren't smart or cynical, and GAB is genuinely asking why you came up with 76%? Also BallymoreChris was just saying what they do, where they put maybe 4-500 into a game so i can definitely understand why everyone would want a % from the game. It's very easy to alienate people on here, so relax a little because you've actually got some good feedback in this thread

Comment

My responses are not meant to be disrespectful to anybody and I apologise if they seem that way. Please feel free to remove any posts you wish.

I understand BallymoreChris's point which is why I initially advertised the 55% for 1st and 5% for everybody else idea. Again, the percentages, like the entire thread, were just an idea hoping for some suggestions. I'm not going to fall out with anybody over it. I just wanted to get ideas of the best way to run the game.

Apologies again to anybody who got upset over my comments

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                        X