IWF from the dealers seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IWF from the dealers seat

The Irish Winter Festival was a great success. So many players battling against the odds to take down the €85k top prize. I was working there all weekend and met many great characters throughout the few days. I have to say that most players took the coolers they received on the chin with the obvious few jibes coming my way as of course it's always the dealers fault.
    As I jumped from table to table it was very hard to see who would be battling it out on the final table as there were so many great players around.
    It is always nice to go to these events and see "The Firm" scattered around the room battling away but as the hours and days passed so did the more recognisable faces from our local heroes.
    Saturday was fancy dress day so we arrived in to work as Chucky and Chucky's Bride. I wasn't really sure how the day would go as the very first flop of the very first hand came down 666, I nearly s**t myself and all the players folded hahaha. On a break we walked to the lift with myself wielding a knife(fake obv) and we stood behind 3 unsuspecting lads. They seen our reflection in the closed lift door and all turned around with the look of fear in their eyes. The lift door opened and as the gentleman that I am I offered "after you" but they all backed away "we'll wait for the next one" lol.
    Anyway, just want to offer my congratulations to Stephen Hamilton who won an Irish Open ticket for best fancy dress, to Rob Taylor who beat Ken Doherty 3-2 in pool to also win an Irish Open ticket (even though Ken went in off the black to hand him the win lol) and to everybody else who cashed, won or simply participated in making the IWF a very memorable experience.
    WP everybody

Nice post and I remember you telling me about the 666 hand...

Also, fair play to both of you on getting dress up...always a pleasure to have you dealing on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by RG67 View Post
      Saturday was fancy dress day so we arrived in to work as Chucky and Chucky's Bride. I wasn't really sure how the day would go as the very first flop of the very first hand came down 666,
      actual lol!

Comment

Thanks Ollie and that's a true story 8611, it was freaky.

Comment

Working...
        X