• Show
Clear All

seans gone had 10-10 v a-j,a on the river
    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Lol that pokerpalz account just tweeted this.

Is whoever is behind that account drunk or what

@PokerPalz: @prendivillesean fair play Sir, epic grind yesterday and well deserved cash! @daraokearney must've told you to open fold tens no?

He just busted the main and making a joke about open folding his bustout hand literally minutes after busting

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
            Doyle is such a great story. Would be so cool if he went deep.
            Now cashed in 5 decades of WSOP Main Events. Madness

Comment

Rory gone, aj<qq

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                Is blaaah gone?
                Yes lost a flip late yesterday
                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Seen this on 2p2.

"Luke Schwartz loses AA vs KK aipf for chip lead, then loses it, the hand and his head"

Should be entertaining viewing.

Comment

It was a classic cooler situation and since he was on the favorable end, Schwartz pulled out $200 from his pocket and laid it in the dealer's tray. "This is for you," he said.

"I can't accept this right now," the dealer said.

Perhaps Schwartz was hoping for some good fortune so he would be able to fade a king with his tip to the dealer. Unfortunately for him the flop came down 2 K T. Schwartz stood up from the table and let out a huge, exasperated sigh. He began pacing around the tan section of the Amazon room, knocking over chairs, kicking tables and even tearing down a curtain in his path.

The board completed with a 5 and a Q and Schwartz came back to the table just to make sure he hadn't hit the ace.

"Wow," he said. "What a f***ing joke."

After the hand and the chips were cut out, a floor moved over to Schwartz's table and issued him a one round penalty for his behavior after the hand.

The huge pot set Pollock up to 835,000 in chips while Schwartz was knocked down to under 400,000.

Comment

Marc 520
                      Daragh 380
                      Andrew 293
                      Liam?

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post

@PokerPalz: @prendivillesean fair play Sir, epic grind yesterday and well deserved cash! @daraokearney must've told you to open fold tens no?

He just busted the main and making a joke about open folding his bustout hand literally minutes after busting
                        Confirmed drunk...as bad as pokernews are at updating the Irish he's worse
                        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Just got message from Daragh saying he has 410k now. His table got a lot tougher after the bubble burst and the shorties bust and got replaced by chipped up online beasts. Thankfully his table is on the break line (still tons of value in the field even this deep).

Heading over to Rio to rail and have dinner with him, will try to post updates while I'm there
                          My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

Originally posted by EnzoScifo View Post
                            Marc 520
                            Daragh 380
                            Andrew 293
                            Liam?

updates are hopeless.

Liam (listed as United Kingdom ) is showing at 592k since play began as is Marc on 615k.

Where is anyone getting more up to date info

Comment

Yeah, really not a good idea to be poking fun at people (or having a more serious pop) immediately after they bust the main. Low point of the year etc. Federer's 24 hour rule at least I reckon.

Comment

The other guy who sold on here MULTIADD, I think, listed as busted aswell

Comment

The other guy who sold on here MULTIADD, I think, listed as busted aswell
                                  He min cashed....pushed JQ with 10bb on the cutoff the BB called with A9 and no luck from the board

Comment

Originally posted by doke View Post
                                    Just got message from Daragh saying he has 410k now. His table got a lot tougher after the bubble burst and the shorties bust and got replaced by chipped up online beasts. Thankfully his table is on the break line (still tons of value in the field even this deep).

Heading over to Rio to rail and have dinner with him, will try to post updates while I'm there
                                    Would really appreciate that Dara have small piece of him

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                                      updates are hopeless.

Liam (listed as United Kingdom ) is showing at 592k since play began as is Marc on 615k.

Where is anyone getting more up to date info
                                      They are all on twitter

Comment

Daragh up to 550k now after (his words) just inducing a world class spazz

Comment

For all the bad running AKQJ10 has had at the business end of tournies this would be one hell of a place to turn that all around. Have a feeling he's going deep(er)...

Comment

Andrew Sweeney bust.

Comment

Anyone got a link to live stream (yep im to lazy to read through thread )
                                              https://twitter.com/WesoFarrell

http://www.pmvtrust.ie/

Comment

Originally posted by bottom feeder View Post
                                                Anyone got a link to live stream (yep im to lazy to read through thread )
                                                No live stream of ME this year.

Comment

Liam is on 955k & in 26h place

Comment

Marc 360k when I spoke to him at break
                                                    Last edited by doke; 13-07-13, 01:31.

Comment

Daragh dropped back to 360k after losing his first 2 big pots of tourney. Chipped back up to over 500k and then lost a 200k pot with qq v 23s (and got slow rolled for good measure) but still in ok shape with 380k

Comment

Originally posted by doke View Post
                                                        Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
                                                        Thanks for the pointer
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Sligo for wsop me
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                            Sligo for wsop me
                                                            Who from Sligo is in it?
                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                              Who from Sligo is in it?
                                                              Daragh Davey is no stranger to a curry cheese coleslaw chips
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Gl to Daragh Liam and Marc an Irish FT or win would be huge

Comment

What's the last day before November?
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                    What's the last day before November?
                                                                    31st October....

sorry, day 7 monday, then bag up till November. ..
                                                                    "the impossible is often untried"

Comment

To add to what he posted on his site about my chip counts (he apologised, fair enough) he also tweeted to me when I bust out of a 1,500 event at the end of day 1 in the last level, that I deserved to loose my buyin because of a somewhat tasteless joke I made about getting hands like a Fritzl. Sure the joke was tasteless but to say it was karma that I busted and lost $1,500 was ridiculous.

I don't know where you get off Cathal but nobody finds you funny! I would advise thinking twice before you make tweets or public posts in the future. It will only damage your site further by alienating the very ppl you are reporting coverage on.

On a side note your coverage has been great and it is good to see someone putting in the time to promote Irish poker.
                                                                      Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
                                                                      My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

I dont even know where to begin? Again, a simple apology seems lame or insincere purely because I am being put on the spot, of course that is not the case...

I certainly didn't realise the Karma post had caused offence, clearly the second and third gaffs have upset plenty...

Of course I don't want to alienante the people I am trying to report on, the whole twitter thing is somewhat odd because I have spent the last three weeks tweeing to people, at people and about people that I really dont know that well (if at all) in person. That has led me into a somewhat false comfort zone with the players where I have now clearly overstepped the mark on several occasions.

I have thanked the posts of Dara and Jason, not out of sarcasm but to ackowledge that I have read them and also to thank Jason for beong good enough to point out some positives in what I have been doing.

After my very own twittergate last night I just took the night off tweeting, posting, commenting etc. it seems like with a 9 month old, a day job, a fledgling website that i have been attempting to keep fresh by sacrificing sleep most if not every night since the Irish Open and several other things thrown into the mix I am exhausted and my judgement has slipped badly as a result.

I knew as soon as I hit tweet last night what i had done, hopefully it is not a case of three strikes and im out as far as the community are concerned but I realise I have some making up to do and personal apologies to offer when I see the players in question.

In the meantime I delighted to see that Daragh and Liam are still going well and hope to follow their progress for many days yet.
                                                                        sigpic

PokerPalz available for free download from App Store and Google Play with live geo-located listings for cash games and tournaments from across the country.

Comment

Daragh busted gg

Comment

And home
                                                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Liam last man left with 700k to end the day

Comment

Anyone left in? How's Liam O'D doing?
                                                                                Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

In fairness to Cahal, I fully accept and believe his explanation that it's a case of feeling a false comfort zone of familiarity. I probably know him better than most of the other players he interacts with and my read is there's absolutely no malice or begrudgery there. I think it's a bit of a storm in a teacup in the sense that if the comments were made in person it's unlikely any offence would be taken as it would be clear from the tone that none was intended, but it's the old story of tone and attempted humour not transmitting well online. Las Vegas is the most stressful time of year for the players who travel there, so we are probably at our most prima donnaish and prickly. Molehills can appear quite mountainous, and friendly humour can come across as someone taking a pop.

Cahal had a tough job trying to do updates from there relying on players themselves for the information, and it's great someone took on that job. He also strikes me as someone who is very willing to take criticism on board and people like that are the ones who tend to get better at their jobs over time.
                                                                                  Last edited by doke; 13-07-13, 08:58. Reason: Typo

Comment

Poker.

Serious Business.

What happened to sluglife?

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                      Poker.

Serious Business.

What happened to sluglife?
                                                                                      seems to have busted according to pokernews gg marc

Comment

Yeah and he nicked my dinner money and gave me a wedgie I'm gonna get my dad onto him.

Comment

They finally have the Irish flag beside Liam's name on Pokernews,No update so far

Comment

Liam O Donoghue ‏@LiamODonoghue2

Broke a million! 99>kj of short stack (12bbs) and chipped up a bit! 1.1m! Average 900k!

Comment

As soon as i say he tweets ''Broke a million! 99>kj of short stack (12bbs) and chipped up a bit! 1.1m! Average 900k!'' Keep her lit lad

Comment

Liam O Donoghue ‏@LiamODonoghue2

Lost 1.3m pot to young good German! Ak<KK. I 3bet/5 bet shoved! Looked like a great spot! 680k approaching first break! Feeling good!

Comment

Liam on 400k now 20 bb's

Comment

149 players left

Comment

Unfortunately Liam is busto 66<AQ.
                                                                                                      Great performance by them all.

Comment

Bit of a popcorn story coming out of the main event, Vladamir Geshkenbein aka @pkr_beyn, EPT Snowfest winner ect sold an 80k WSOP package on Poker strategy and busted the whole roll before the ME and is down to the last 60 odd now on a separate stake. It's gearing up to kick off.

Money is huge from here on in

Comment

Bit of a popcorn story coming out of the main event, Vladamir Geshkenbein aka @pkr_beyn, EPT Snowfest winner ect sold an 80k WSOP package on Poker strategy and busted the whole roll before the ME and is down to the last 60 odd now on a separate stake. It's gearing up to kick off.

Any link seems like a good read.
                                                                                                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                                            Any link seems like a good read.
                                                                                                            Hallo die Herren! Ich bin gestern Nacht angekommen und hab mich entschlossen mich auszuruhen und heute frueh aufzustehen und die Events zu rocken...

No English version

Comment

i dont get it. he sold a 80k package not for particular events and bust it before ME?
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

do u mean he bust the 80k in a way he shouldn't have (pit games, tourneys he wasn't supposed to play etc.) or just bust the 80k legitimately in side events thus far in the series and ended up having to get a separate stake for the main?
                                                                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Yeah he pissed the whole 80k stake away without playing an event.

Then announces he has a new separate stake for the main from a private backer and will pay everyone their stake back later.

Basically saying I'm deep in the main go fuck yourself to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeyboy View Post
                                                                                                                    Yeah he pissed the whole 80k stake away without playing an event.

Then announces he has a new separate stake for the main from a private backer and will pay everyone their stake back later.

Basically saying I'm deep in the main go fuck yourself to everyone.
                                                                                                                    Not exactly, he was going along fine for a few weeks, cashed in 3 events in a row for 25k ish and then pissed it all away before completing the schedule which was due to include the ME.

He posted before the main began saying sorry I'm broke, only have 500 to my name, been offered a stake in ME, have to take it as its my last chance to refund you guys. Now he's this deep and lads are freaking out

Comment

Another instance of poker scum bagging. Next.
                                                                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Now he's this deep and lads are freaking out
                                                                                                                        In what sense? whether or not theyre going to be refunded percentages?

Comment

Originally posted by drive56 View Post
                                                                                                                          In what sense? whether or not theyre going to be refunded percentages?
                                                                                                                          In that a lot of people paid cash money to have some of his action in this event which is at the very least going to yield a big return if not a massive return. And now they are being told they have zip.

Put it this way if you paid for 5% of his action and he goes in to ship it for 8 mill, how would you feel about not seeing any of the 400k you would be due

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X