IPB Day Out 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPB Day Out 2013

Seems like it's about time to start getting this together for this year, so we can ensure people keep their calendars clear. After a brief consultation with Michelle on a quiet night in the BBV we decided that Saturday the 13th of July is probably the best bet (chiefly because it suits us two!) Last year was a great day out, even though I only managed to stay with the pace until midnight, and hopefully this year will be as good.

I think the Jackpot did a ridiculously good job last year and can't see the sense in going anywhere else, that is of course if they'll have us back! Open to suggestions of course though, but the game they ran, the byob, and the proximity of the location to popular late night hostelries makes it a good choice.

Hopefully the various clubs will want to get involved again and give us a few prizes so we can run another raffle to feed the hamsters that power this place.

So what think ye?

Yes, whenever, wherever, just yes
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
      In, assuming I'm allowed go drinkin' with DP again?

Comment

rostered for work of course. but definitely making the effort to get it off
        airport, lol

Comment

We sail from Dublin to Liverpool on the morning of the 13th so no good for us

Comment

Make the night before and we can go!

Comment

Out of the country until the morning of the 15th, so out if it's that weekend or the one before it.

Comment

I booked the jackpot ages ago for the 13th
                Her sky-ness
                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                  In that case I'm Out

Comment

Ya kept that one quiet! Well we'll see what the response is like and we can maybe change things if it's terrible for everyone. You're away the previous week Michelle? 29th of June a possibility?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                      Ya kept that one quiet! Well we'll see what the response is like and we can maybe change things if it's terrible for everyone. You're away the previous week Michelle? 29th of June a possibility?
                      I want it after 9th July so ill be nice and tanned
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

Most of July is good for me so in!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                          Just go with the 13th. You're never going to please everyone and it's a never ending circle. If it happens to change to the 12th, then that's good for us, otherwise we won't be able to make it. Have 2 nights out imo

Comment

trailer for sale OR RENT
                            ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMS TO LET - 50 CENT
                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

10th of june till the 29th is no good for me. Anything after that is grand.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                trailer for sale OR RENT
                                IIIiimmmmmm a mmmmMMMaaaaaaaaaaannnn of meeeaannns byyyy nooo meeeeannnnns

King o de rooooaaaiiidddddd!
                                Last edited by Micknail; 13-04-13, 16:53.
                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

trailer for sale OR RENT
                                  Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                  IIIiimmmmmm a mmmmMMMaaaaaaaaaaannnn wiiithhhh noo regreeeets

King o de rooooaaaiiidddddd!
                                  Lol I never read Riggers post properly and thought he was quoting Fiddy rather than it
                                  being part of the song duh

And just to add to it

"Ain't' got no cigarettes"
                                  Great song

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                    10th of june till the 29th is no good for me. Anything after that is grand.
                                    19 days piss up is no good for me either, the 1 night is enough..

Comment

trailer for sale OR RENT
                                      What kind of condition is the trailer in?
                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                        What kind of condition is the trailer in?
                                        Fair to middlin', no tyre kickers.
                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I've just booked our family holiday 30/6-14/7 why did you not tell us earlier!

That's me out so, unless it gets pushed back to 29th ...

Comment

one day out a bit shite? this should start at about 4 on a friday and end at about 6 sunday mornin imo
                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                              one day out a bit shite? this should start at about 4 on a friday and end at about 6 sunday mornin imo
                                              Did last time for me anyway

Comment

Not going if there is Karaoke involved.

Comment

That's the day before Bastille Day. Not sure Shrap will turn up once he realises.

In all seriousness I will most likely not be able to go that weekend as it clashes with the Pig & Porter which I'm already signed up for.

Comment

In.
                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                      That's the day before Bastille Day. Not sure Shrap will turn up once he realises.

In all seriousness I will most likely not be able to go that weekend as it clashes with the Pig & Porter which I'm already signed up for.
                                                      ah merde alors. Keane is right. I'll be polishing my guillotine that day!!!

Comment

This.

Even if I'm dead by then, I'm still going.
                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I hope you are bringing the lovely Mrs DP too...

Myself and Smurph will also be attending. The women can play the pokers while Dice gives the rest of us lessons in drinking.
                                                          Last edited by Fiery Wasabi; 15-04-13, 20:00.

Comment

Sounds like a terrible idea

Count me in

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post

Myself and Smurph will also be attending. The women can play the pokers while Dice gives the rest of us lessons in drinking.
                                                              No probs, we might have to leave you with the women though Martin

Comment

that something to consider alright. We'll see how things pan out with dates and ideas
                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Have to go back to back and do the 12 with Rigger.

In

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                    No probs, we might have to leave you with the women though Martin
                                                                    F**k right off...... I've been practising.

Comment

F**k right off...... I've been practising.
                                                                      Good man

Also, don't think that I haven't noticed you're back on the telly lately too......

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                      Last edited by Dice75; 16-04-13, 21:07.

Comment

Will there be golf and a soccer match too?
                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                          I've not let Kayroo out of my back pocket since the game 2 years ago so I doubt it.
                                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

#39
                                                                              +1 for football beforehand. Hopefully we could get a closer venue this time if it goes ahead.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                Good man

Also, don't think that I haven't noticed you're back on the telly lately too......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDY2m-oUdqE

Lol.... Only seeing this now and I'm sitting here eating a kit kat too.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  ...

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                    Is the 13th July now done-deal, mark-in-the-calendar?
                                                                                    +1

Would be nice to have date confirmed.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Well??? The 13th July, is that the date for sure?

Comment

#44
                                                                                        ...

Comment

#45
                                                                                          http://footee.ie/ ?
                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            What's the craic with this?

Comment

#47
                                                                                              There will be no poker as it's very unorganised this year. So ye may just meet in a pub and get locked. Unfortunately I can't make it.
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

#48
                                                                                                There will be no poker as it's very unorganised this year. So ye may just meet in a pub and get locked. Unfortunately I can't make it.
                                                                                                Jebus Satnav, sure how could anyone resist that sales pitch?

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                  Jebus Satnav, sure how could anyone resist that sales pitch?
                                                                                                  Sack SatNav imo
                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    there didnt seem to be a huge amount of commitment tbf, also with me working awkward hours ,I genuinely did not have time to be bugging people for spot prizes etc. it takes months of planning to get it as good as last year.

Next time try throwing some CASH my way and ill try harder
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      ffs satnav, bit of commitment come on

airport, lol

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        She's right..nobody really seemed to give a bollocks so it was hard to get any motivation to organise it.

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          I assume this is cancelled now due to lack of interest..... ??

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            I'm quite happy meeting up on the 13th for general tomfoolery.

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Me too!

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Pints/food/moar pints/karaoke/dancing/pints/kebabs

Who is in?
                                                                                                                Or will we delay a week so folks get permission slips?
                                                                                                                Last edited by DeadParrot; 11-07-13, 15:35.

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Well I'm honeymooning from next Thurs but whatever suits the mob...

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Irish Craft Beer Festival is on in 2 months. If I'm rostered off work I'll try plan shenanigans.

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Im in.

Have to go to a family thing for most of the afternoon, but I'll be heading in after that.

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Pints/food/moar pints/karaoke/dancing/pints/burger king

Who is in?
                                                                                                                        Or will we delay a week so folks get permission slips?
                                                                                                                        fyp
                                                                                                                        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X