Making a Moderate Living from Poker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making a Moderate Living from Poker

I was on here last year about making a living from Poker and got some very good advice. Heres the update, after many months of trying to find the game and level that suits me I finally came to conclusion that 10c/20c NL Hold Em is the game I'm most profitable. Now I'm not talking big dollars here, just a small steady profit every night.

After years of serious lack of discipline I finally set down a few rules for myself and found that following these carefully can make poker more profitable in the long run. I was always the player that wanted to deposit €20 in and make it into €2000 a few hours later
    Or if I ever got up a big pot in a cash game, I would get greedy and blow the whole lot. All that has changed now!

So following my own rules I have been making between €30-50 average a night. Some nights I have broken even, other nights I have lost no more than €10. Every night is different as yee all know. But after 2 weeks I have made just over €300 profit. Now I know to some that is not alot but to a student with only a part time job, its plenty

So what Im looking for out of this thread is more advice.
    Should I be investing in Poker Tracking Software or something similar?
    Is there people out there that live ordinary lives and can make a decent enough profit from poker on a weekly basis?
    When I build up a bit of a bank roll, should I move up a level to 25/50?

Any advice at all would be very much appreciated. Or any tips,books,websites etc on improving or managing game.

Regards
    D

U are doing great but 150 a week is the most u'll make from those levels. If u can keep that discipline then when u have a couple of grand together move up to the next level.

The thing is what is it that u really want? If u are studying something u enjoy then forget about moving up, remain a micro level grinder and focus on ur real future career.

If u lose a pot of 50 quid and u have 500 or 1000 left then u'll be fine but nobody should grind without a bigger picture idea of the future. So just keep playing, reading and most of all studying and u'll be fine. But get into big cash games to the detriment of ur college course and u are fucked.

If u are not studying something u genuinely enjoy then simply change courses but grinding for a living is no life.
    hmmm...

Comment

Well done - disciplined bankroll management is where almost everyone fails at the beginning. What bankroll strategy do you use?

Expect a fairly decent increase in the level of opponent and a lot more regs at NL50.

Good Luck.

Comment

Working...
      X