HUD Utilastion/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HUD Utilastion/Discussion

I have HEM for the last few years and eve though i've changed my HUD maybe 10 times, i still don't think i've ever settled on one that shows exactly what i want, or one that i feel is giving me all the info i need. Thought it might be good to have a thread where people can post or discuss/ask questions about aspects of HUD.

I only play MTTs these days, so i'm probably never going to have enough hands on 95% of players to make most of the stats to really meaningful. I've read a lot of articles and guides on HEM but looking for some first hand info/advice from people here on what they have in their HUD, and what stats do they combine in order to make the best play.

Do you filter it by the stage of the tournament, the number of BBs or street by street? Do you have a different HUD for 6max/full ring? I don't use HEM2 btw. I tried it twice and decided that i've happy enough with HEM1.

This is the current setup i use. The stats displayed are;

Name/Aggression
    VPIP/PFR/Steal/Hands
    Limp/Cbet/3bet/Foldto3bet

When hovering over the stats, i have the following pop-ups in order of;

VPIP/PFR/Steal/Aggression
    Limp/Cbet/3bet/Foldto3bet

I have most of the info i want in here somewhere, but when playing more than 10 tables, having to check on some popups before, or when a play happens takes too much time or else just doesn't happen at all.

I've been working on a new HUD which i have below. It's a bigger HUD than i've used before but displays most of the info i need. I'm hoping that after a few days of using it, i'll be able to just look at the stat i need and not get confused by the amount of figures. I think i might still need to add some more stats but i wanted to try and keep it to 3 lines, and because i'll be playing a lot of full ring games, having a huge HUD can be pretty difficult.

The stats on this on are;

VPIP/PFR/Steal/FoldvSteal/Agg%/Hands
    CB/FoldtoCbet/TurnCB/3bet/Foldto3bet/CallOpen
    RFI EP/MP/CO/Btn/SB/WtSD/W$SD

So anyone got any advice/thoughts?

Would be up for a TeamViewer/Skype session if someone wanted to talk through HEM while playing, or just in general too.

ban them

Comment

I can write boobies on a calculator

True story.

Seriously though, this kind of shit blows my mind.

Comment

WTF is this shit?

Comment

You don't need the limp stat in your first hud imo as the vpip/pfr ratio should tell you that,
          The RFI is an important stat but you should refer to the popup for the position as you could have better stats in their place in the hud or just decongest the hud.

Comment

for mtts i just keep mine simple, vpip,pfr,3bet,fold to c-bet,agg factor

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
              You don't need the limp stat in your first hud imo as the vpip/pfr ratio should tell you that,
              The RFI is an important stat but you should refer to the popup for the position as you could have better stats in their place in the hud or just decongest the hud.
              The limp stats is just there to cover the pop up that i get from it.I think it's actually limp/fold. When someone limps, i can get their limp call/fold/raise stats and then had their donk stats tied into that. It's one i've taken out of the 2nd HUD though. Yeah i've always used the RFI stat and used the pop up, but a lot of articles i've read lately have all the RFI stats for position displayed and use that as a basis rather than the PFR stat so i'm trying to find a happy medium.

Generally the problem is that a smaller HUD where i go to the Popup wouldn't really be an issue if i'm playing 3-4 games, but when playing up to 14-18 at a time, i'm finidng it difficult. Will probably have to compromise between playing less games and utilising the HUD better which is what i'm trying to do

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                WTF is this shit?
                If you're responding to me, I mean all these stats. It would confuse the hell out of me. I have no doubt it's useful for someone who knows how to use it, but it would give me a headache

Comment

What is the RFI stat?

I have hem2, how to you customise the display stats?

I tend to use the Vpip,PFR,fold to 3 bet, 3 bet, Cbet, Cbet fold. All the rest are mostly redundant to me.

What other ones should I pay close attention to?

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                    What is the RFI stat?

I have hem2, how to you customise the display stats?

I tend to use the Vpip,PFR,fold to 3 bet, 3 bet, Cbet, Cbet fold. All the rest are mostly redundant to me.

It's Raise First In as opposed to just Raise. Normal Raise will take into account 3bets/4bets/Raise after limpers etc, where RFI will only take into account the times it's folded to you and you raise.

Cant remember how to customise the display in HEM, but it's straightforward enough once you find the right option. I brought some of my popups from HEM1 into HEM2 when i was trying it so i suppose if you wanted any of mine, i could send them to you if you'd find them useful.

Comment

please see other thread...

and wow @ the HUD detail here, I think my lappy would explode

Comment

I'm on HEM2 and the layout I've been using the past couple of months is easily the most comfortable I've felt with a HUD. A bit bulky but has everything I'd need at a quick glance which is pretty essential when playing anywhere from 9-16 tables at any one time. If I need to go into any more detail I can just use the HUD pop up.

Name/Total Hands/Big Blinds/Tourney M - bit of overlap here but it can help when playing Big Antes games..plus it doesn't increase the width of the HUD.
                        Tot VIP/Tot PFR/Tot 3Bet/Tot Fold to 3Bet/Tot Steal
                        Flop Cbet/Flop Cbet-fold/Flop bet vs Missed CB IP/Turn Cbet/Post Flop Agg%

Edit - Thanks for starting the thread FD. I've already replaced Tot PFR with RFI.
                        Last edited by sligoboi; 16-01-13, 14:45.
                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Too busy for me. I would need name in there to identify players as you're covering the name on the table also.

I use for 6max rush/zoom
                          Name Total Hand
                          Vpip, PFR, Aggression
                          steal, fold to steal, 3b oop, fold to 3b (I use 3b oop to identify 3b from blinds vs Open)
                          flop cb, fold to cb, flop raise cb

the upgraded popups in HEM2 are good also, just take a little getting used too.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Mike; 16-01-13, 14:58.

Comment

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE How about some free HM2 poker software videos from GrinderSchool to start the new year? Today we release

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE GrinderSchool coach Nitreg has three videos for us. Today we highlight the first video in his two part series

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE Today we highlight the final video in Nitreg's series titled: Playing OOP When Draws Hit GrinderSchool Nitreg

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE Thought it was over with Nitreg from GrinderSchool? Think again. We have another video from this popular coach

Comment

On displayed stats beside 'total hands' i add 'Big Blind' which is useful to see everyone's total number of BBs during middle/late stages. Other than that I'm still a fish using HEM. Trying to add to knowledge every week. Good thread.
                              Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post

Steal/Fold V Steal stats are pretty important and something i've always had on a HUD. Actually might put a seperate SB and BB v steal stat in. Having access to these stats instantly is a huge factor in stealing (Just rambling now because i know you know all of this!)

If i'm on the button and i have these 2 players in the blinds, then they fold their SB and BB 95% and 84% of the time, so on average they fold 80% of the time.

So if i 3xBB every button and then just snap fold every time i get called then over 100 times i'll win 80 x 1.5 (120) and lose 20 x 3 (60) so i gain 0.6BB per steal attempt, or 60 bigs overall.

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                Too busy for me. I would need name in there to identify players as you're covering the name on the table also.

I use for 6max rush/zoom
                                Name Total Hand
                                Vpip, PFR, Aggression
                                steal, fold to steal, 3b oop, fold to 3b (I use 3b oop to identify 3b from blinds vs Open)
                                flop cb, fold to cb, flop raise cb
                                Yeah i have the name in the first HUD which is the one i use. I've only just put together the 2nd one and not used it yet and only put it there on the Hand Replayer for ease. If using it during playing, i'd either have the name or else position them better.

Originally posted by Fiend View Post
                                On displayed stats beside 'total hands' i add 'Big Blind' which is useful to see everyone's total number of BBs during middle/late stages. Other than that I'm still a fish using HEM. Trying to add to knowledge every week. Good thread.
                                If i'm using the new HUD i posted, then i can do away with a total steal stat and use RFI for the CO/Btn/SB to give me their steal stats so might put BBs in because i do use it on the PopUp HUD to gauge someones shoving/stealing range so might be handy to have that on show.

Comment

What's a good stat to look at after a player limps pre? I have Limp Call/Fold etc, but once it goes to the flop, i'm struggling to see a stat for 'bets the flop' or 'calls a flop bet' etc?

I know flop texture will obv play a bog part, but just want something in my popup HUD

Comment

good idea to have a thread for this
                                    I tried HM2 aswell but am using HM1
                                    I changed mine a few times but am happy with the one im using now, except i want to set up a heads up hud
                                    i use quite a few stats and have them colour coded green-yellow-red and any stat to do with betting (Pfr,3b,steal,cbet,ect) if its higher than the norm i use orange
                                    i also use agg stat for flop,turn,river and directly underneath i have agg% stat for flop,turn,river ...find these very helpful since i added them
                                    I found a hud in a video that was for cash but adapted it to suit me for tourneys and sng's the way it was laid out was very good too, they were grouped in 2's and 3's with the seperators turned off but instead a - or | were put in the Abbreviation to keep them nicely grouped will try to post a pic when i can
                                    The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
                                    MTT Calender 2015

Comment

Utilastion is a very nice word.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                                        is the difference between the vpip/pfr not made up of both limps and calls, i use limp stat and call open stat

What are the RFI stats? are they in HM1?
                                        The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
                                        MTT Calender 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                          What's a good stat to look at after a player limps pre? I have Limp Call/Fold etc, but once it goes to the flop, i'm struggling to see a stat for 'bets the flop' or 'calls a flop bet' etc?

I know flop texture will obv play a bog part, but just want something in my popup HUD
                                          Donk bet? Fold to c-bet? I assume we will be isolating him or others will so would they not cover it.

Comment

Is there one piece of software that can track the PS 8 game mix?

Comment

Working...
                                            X