Returning to poker, advice needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Returning to poker, advice needed.

Returning to poker after number of yrs without playing a lot. Suddenly find myself with a lot time on my hands and trying to figure if I can make a few euro grinding micro stakes.

Have two old poker accounts Paddy Power/V Chandler under mothers name/ credit card with couple of grand in each . No rakeback deals or ever had any other poker account. I’ve played ~20k hands over the last 6 wks on Ipoker 10NL/20NL and winning at 6bb/100 and the games are definitely soft, easily beatable at that level. The plan is to grind microstakes try a build a roll through winning/rake back and take it from there to 50NL and see what happens.
    I’m pretty clueless as to what options are available and would appreciate any advice as to what would be the best plan to follow.

With the amount of three & four betting, floating, barrelling over all streets and overall bluffing that goes on these days don't be folding KK or QQ preflop, ever...

Comment

The games are much tougher than they used to be years ago, so I'd recommend a very strict bankroll management plan with plenty of wiggle room for epic runbad, especially if you're planning on making a living out of it.

But first things first you need to get that money out of your Mum's name and into your own accounts. The sites won't hesitate to pocket your balance if they discover you're breaching their ToS.

And yes, you need to find a good bonus/rakeback scheme. There are plenty available on iPoker.
      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

withdraw that couple of grand and have a good Christmas poker less imo
        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Working...
        X