This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    Yes, and it says without much detail that there's a nearby island with a similar background and lifestyle without the extended lifespan.
    Id be pretty sure those on the isle of Samos are outliving most of the rest of the world, just not to the extent of Ikaria.

Premise is sound though, fresh organic food, fresh fish, unstressed lifestyle and lots of social interaction.

I'd have arguments with the sat fat thing tbh. Especially the sat fat in meat. Willing to look into it though.
    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

the walking dead season 3

SPOILER
      are they putting 3 story arcs together? Prison/governor/woodbury
      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

What do we think? Further desecration of the greatest action film ever's name? I'd like to think so, but look at all the shit exploding!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
            What do we think? Further desecration of the greatest action film ever's name? I'd like to think so, but look at all the shit exploding!
            I mostly only noticed the motorbike chick opening her leathers

[NSFW="."]
            [/NSFW]
            Last edited by ComradeCollie; 29-10-12, 22:35.
            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riIaTrjyGZ4
              That looks like absolute pony shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                That looks like absolute pony shit.
                I want to believe!

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                  Really enjoyed Pokey LaFarge in Whelans earlier, great gig and great crowd, will be interested to read what SP thought as Pokey mentioned that the crowd in Sligo last night were mental and the band barely made it out of the gig alive!
                  Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                  I didn't think the crowd were that mad tbh (bit of a mosh up front alright), he did give it the "best crowd ever" bit which a lot of the crowd seemed to buy but I assumed was the usual guff

Nothing to do with the band (band were grand) but it felt like the roof in the model is too high for that style of music and the room is the wrong shape for the likes of them.
                  I could see them going down well in Whelens alright

Crowd were chattering away during about 1/4 of the set (only stopping to sing along to one or two songs) and were slightly drowning out clashing with the band in parts(& I did position myself in what should be a sweet enough spot). They did all get into it in proper Irish 'wait till near the end' style...near the end.

I would defo see them again in a more suitable venue and am sorry I didn't go in London recently.

6/10

Bar was full of dull auld farts so SP will probably give it a 9
                  Ah you were around for the whole weekend, you should have given me a shout! We had an absolute ball of a weekend
                  Being a midnight gig at a festival weekend and with the bar outside the hall the was always going to be a loud and raucous crowd. There were five of us went and myself and one other guy went right up the front where the sound was able to beat the nosier elements in the crowd but two of the lads left for the bar after a while. This had much more to do with their compulsive effort to fill themselves with enough alcohol to floor an elephant than anything else.
                  Anyway I thought they were great, super band and Pokey himself has plenty of personality and songwriting chops. The song about healthcare was a bit of a surprise and he was very convincing. I think we'll be seeing a lot more of him but in time I would like to see him extend a bit beyond the stchik he's doing now.

The Festival club crowd were a fairly pretentious shower alright, I'm sure you'd be better able to blag your way around there than the likes of me

Morrison was just amazing, best show I've seen him do in many years, the band are excellent but probably a bit under rehearsed and another half an hour wouldn't have gone amiss but he put on a superb performance and was really feeling it. Hopefully he'll take this band on the road.
                  Surprisingly Van was staying in the same hotel as us, I met him on the stairs with Michelle and their two small children and at the breakfast buffet where we were both digging around looking for the boiled eggs, he seemed really relaxed, I think having a couple of small kids is not doing him any harm at all.
                  His other daughter Shana who sang support is a fine singer and also quite hot
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    Ah you were around for the whole weekend, you should have given me a shout! We had an absolute ball of a weekend
                    Being a midnight gig at a festival weekend and with the bar outside the hall the was always going to be a loud and raucous crowd. There were five of us went and myself and one other guy went right up the front where the sound was able to beat the nosier elements in the crowd but two of the lads left for the bar after a while. This had much more to do with their compulsive effort to fill themselves with enough alcohol to floor an elephant than anything else.
                    Anyway I thought they were great, super band and Pokey himself has plenty of personality and songwriting chops. The song about healthcare was a bit of a surprise and he was very convincing. I think we'll be seeing a lot more of him but in time I would like to see him extend a bit beyond the stchik he's doing now.

The Festival club crowd were a fairly pretentious shower alright, I'm sure you'd be better able to blag your way around there than the likes of me

Morrison was just amazing, best show I've seen him do in many years, the band are excellent but probably a bit under rehearsed and another half an hour wouldn't have gone amiss but he put on a superb performance and was really feeling it. Hopefully he'll take this band on the road.
                    Surprisingly Van was staying in the same hotel as us, I met him on the stairs with Michelle and their two small children and at the breakfast buffet where we were both digging around looking for the boiled eggs, he seemed really relaxed, I think having a couple of small kids is not doing him any harm at all.
                    His other daughter Shana who sang support is a fine singer and also quite hot
                    what about his ex publicist and their baby?

Comment

Oh my God, that show by Derren Brown; 'Apocalypse' is without question the biggest pile of shit I've ever seen.

I actually feel bad for the people I see raving about it on Facebook.

Comment

Not quite sure if you are actually curious or just being prurient

I'm fairly sure the two small ones are his and Michelle Rocca's, I have no idea who is rearing the other child and TBH I don't care a toss, he seemed very content and that's great.
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Pm sent
                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Looks like my job at present will be wrapping up, I am off tomorrow and have to ring office tomorrow eve for my hours, they have let go most. So here's hoping Ill do well in interview in the morning and walk straight into another!!!

Anyway rewind to 3.45 am this morning, Chanel went out with himself and a few others to a nite club up town , fancy dress! I forgot to leave a key out , so she woke me ringing the door bell. Started apologising as himself was with her a little worse for wear, she told him go to the green room ( spare room) and told me not to say anything as he was really drunk etc etc, I said oh just go to bed Chanel ffs!

Anyway I get up this morning his door was slightly open with basin beside bed lol and she comes down and says she was really sorry but she couldnt let him home like that and that the lads put absineth in his pint and he didnt know and he lost his phone and wallet , oh and he got sick on the quilt cover, but she took it off and it was in the wash bin , he had left at this stage as his mother picked him up and told Chanel to tell me he was morto and was so sorry. I was just about to start giving out and then I thought to myself about that girl that went missing here in town and juts stopped and said to Colm fuck it I dont actually care, they came home , they are safe and we all did the same at their age. so instead of giving out I said shur look what harm it happens , tell him its fine just try and drink in moderation next time lol ( rich coming form me like)

She got dressed and heads out the door , I asked her where she was going and she says uptown at 11am an hour passed and back she came with phone and wallet lol it was where she thought it might be under a concrete bench outside shaws shop where they sat waiting for a taxi. Cant believe it was still there! lol

So anyway I am in work tonight and she text me would I pick her up from Deans house when I finish work, out she comes with a packet, A new sheet looooooooool that his mother bought for me . She was going mad, he obv told her what happened!

Like I said life is too short! And I always said I refuse to turn into my mother ranting everytime I came home from a night out, she always took the good out of it!
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

13 seconds+

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

This is only the first time MSN... when you start getting them regularly, like once a month, let's see how long you will bite your tongue!

Make sure you give that lad a right slagging the next time you see him, and every other time after that...

Comment

If you were alone in the house at night, and you heard a fart. Would you laugh or be scared?.

Comment

Originally posted by Electra Blue View Post
                                    This is only the first time MSN... when you start getting them regularly, like once a month, let's see how long you will bite your tongue!

Make sure you give that lad a right slagging the next time you see him, and every other time after that...
                                    Well this would be the second time in 2 years, she knows well not to take the piss. He is a lovely chap so I dont worry too much. TBH I would imagine they wont last much longer, they are both nearly 18 and finish school next May!
                                    Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
                                      If you were alone in the house at night, and you heard a fart. Would you laugh or be scared?.
                                      Scared
                                      Her sky-ness
                                      © 5starpool

Comment

hi
                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                          Id be pretty sure those on the isle of Samos are outliving most of the rest of the world, just not to the extent of Ikaria.

Premise is sound though, fresh organic food, fresh fish, unstressed lifestyle and lots of social interaction.

I'd have arguments with the sat fat thing tbh. Especially the sat fat in meat. Willing to look into it though.
                                          I was disappointed to see genetics only get a passing reference.

Genetics play a huge role here, sure diet and lifestyle are important to the islanders longevity but they're not (imo) the answer to it.

It seems to me a simple enough explanation of a positive genetic mutation prevalent amongst a fairly small gene pool, helped and fuelled by a convenient healthy lifestyle.

They rolled and got long life, we rolled and got red hair.
                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                            hi
                                            HI
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                              HI
                                              Hi

Comment

hi
                                                HI
                                                Hi
                                                Ohhh, just get a room... or get on with it!

Comment

Hi

Its so lonely around here :

Her sky-ness
                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Hi
                                                    hi

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                      hi
                                                      Hi dave

Comment

What did Clatenburg allegedly say?

Comment

To those that said Homeland is bad last havent a fucking clue.
                                                          That was fucking amazing television
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                            I can't put up with that woman anymore, should have being a one season show. Still haven't started the second season and don't intend to.

Watching Deadwood again imo, doesn't quite live up to the hype second time around.
                                                            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                              Apparently called Mikel a monkey.

Mata a Spanish twat.

Might be torres he "abused".

Weird situation.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                Yeah I want to know too.

The whole story sounds completely mad.

This is the best article I've found on it

Analysis of the accusations made against Mark Clattenburg by Chelsea, and what is likely to happen as a result of them

Comment

The other thing that's quite strange is that he was fired by the PGMO (referees governing body) in 2009 for issues with debts and sending emails to people that were deemed threatening. It was appealed though and it was reduced to an eight-month suspension.

Opr

Comment

Well this would be the second time in 2 years, she knows well not to take the piss. He is a lovely chap so I dont worry too much. TBH I would imagine they wont last much longer, they are both nearly 18 and finish school next May!
                                                                    Ah stop being so pessimistic.

She has plenty of time to get pregnant and lock him down for life!
                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

He called Torres and Mata negritos, Terry is outraged.
                                                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Stopped off in the take away earlier and realised I had no cash... Ended up getting a bartered sausage!

(Predictive text gone wrong inspired joke)

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                          Stopped off in the take away earlier and realised I had no cash... Ended up getting a bartered sausage!

(Predictive text gone wrong inspired joke)
                                                                          But seriously, there's actually after being chaos in my own local chipper tonight. It was like the WWF at one point. No serious injuries thankfully, apart from the two sausages that got battered.

Comment

I heard that was a load of codswallop

Comment

Oh god. I'm cringing so hard at this.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McFzWzwtmmU
                                                                                Can't even comprehend this right now....

Comment

How weird is it that the Trent story just made a return yesterday just after it was mentioned in the BBV. Go to the boards thread linked earlier, new story just started.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McFzWzwtmmU
                                                                                    2,1.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                      How weird is it that the Trent story just made a return yesterday just after it was mentioned in the BBV. Go to the boards thread linked earlier, new story just started.
                                                                                      Who mentioned it here first?

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                        I heard that was a load of codswallop
                                                                                        Surely you can fry batter than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                          Who mentioned it here first?
                                                                                          Think bohsman, can't remember.

Comment

Think bohsman, can't remember.
                                                                                            Hmmmmm.

Comment

If you think you know who the writer is, perhaps people can pm you and you can tell them.

Comment

This nightshift has really gone downhill:-)

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                  It is off season.

Comment

If you think you know who the writer is, perhaps people can pm you and you can tell them.
                                                                                                    That's a good idea actually.

Comment

Batter off skipping most of it.

Comment

Right, it's been a long night, I'm off to bed. As Cardshart suggested, if anyone of you want the latest gossip, celeb or otherwise, pm me.

Goodnight.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                          Yeah I want to know too.

The whole story sounds completely mad.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...laims-calamity
                                                                                                          Why did FIFA rule that the ref's mic's not be recorded?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                            Why did FIFA rule that the ref's mic's not be recorded?
                                                                                                            Fifa is run by nobjockeys.

Comment

aluminium photo prints on groupon today

48

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                lol out loud

Comment

...
                                                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                                    loving the sig CHD
                                                                                                                    Teaching A_CE how to bluff.

I'm not pregnant before I'm accused of making it up and being mentally ill.

It's clear enough already I'm mentally ill.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                                      It's clear enough already I'm mentally ill.
                                                                                                                      Nah you're just mentally divergent

Comment

Nah you're just mentally divergent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbbouPynWuU
                                                                                                                        I'm a genius.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...laims-calamity
                                                                                                                          It should be very interesting to see how Chelsea get on with referees for the rest of the season. If these allegations are proved false, like the Terry one from a few years ago, they could be hammered by referees. Where can i get odds on Chelsea finishing bottom of the fair play league?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X