Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Find some task that you are good at and immerse yourself in it. Break it down
    Into steps and focus on each intensely and do it slightly slower than usual. Gets you out of bad thought processes and into good ones. Other peoples issues are exactly that, politely tell them to GTFO and that they are twisting your melon man.
    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
      Anyone here doing an NFL fantasy?

I got Marshawn Lynch and Steve Jackon in my first two picks. 4 of our draft picked QBs first out.

Some amount of needling going on.
      Ye this year there is absolutley no need to waste a high pick on a qb.
      SJAX though? No way he's a second rounder. Atlanta is a pass first offence with Ryan , Julio and White.

Actually if Julio was available you should have went with him imo.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
        Find some task that you are good at and immerse yourself in it. Break it down
        Into steps and focus on each intensely and do it slightly slower than usual. Gets you out of bad thought processes and into good ones. Other peoples issues are exactly that, politely tell them to GTFO and that they are twisting your melon man.
        dealing with it is not the issue, more curious about the trigger.
        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
          Stress is toxic and contagious.

Other people are the devil!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            Fintan O'Toole is just such a prick. How would anyone pay for a newspaper to read a troll. This isn't the worst of it, but the self-importance of the opening part is odd: http://www.irishtimes.com/news/polit...cted-1.1498976
            Ireland is a Republic and therefore has no inherent class structure outside one that was self-imposed by self-important(hating) wankers, most of whom bought their "status" at the top of an over inflated market with over priced borrowed money.
            Last edited by Guest; 21-08-13, 10:04.

Comment

I guess it could be a natural reaction for us, a danger response when we see we others in the herd in an agitated state.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                Ye this year there is absolutley no need to waste a high pick on a qb.
                SJAX though? No way he's a second rounder. Atlanta is a pass first offence with Ryan , Julio and White.

Actually if Julio was available you should have went with him imo.
                Getting some solid RBs in early, theres a few cute hoors just after me. Also think Jacks will be much better for Falcons.

My first draft though so liable to make some mistakes. Drew Brees , Brady and Rodgers all went first round. Spiller went the pick before me, tilt.
                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                  Only God Forgives is pretty bad. Style over very little substance
                  Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                  just finished watching only god forgives. what an incredibly stylish piece of crap!
                  Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                  Had a good time hanging out with @Micknail tonight, went to see 'Only God Forgives' which was amazingly shit.
                  Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                  Yeah really wasn't impressed with Only God Forgives at all and I loved Drive. From refined to ridiculous imo. Refn and Gosling may get to a point if the trend continues where Gosling doesn't utter a single word for a whole film, and just have a series of prolonged, slow motion, self indulgent angst scenes.

You're all crazy.

Comment

Any sleep issues? Change in diet? Alcohol?

I find that sleep issues are my biggest cause of stress.
                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Denis O'Brien's letter in The Times this morning accusing Vincent Browne of sour grapes is:

a. A clever deflection of the truth

or

b. The truth.

Discuss
                      One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Any sleep issues?
                        No, been normal (for me anyway) recently.

Change in diet?
                        Paleo4lyfe (in reality, no).

Alcohol?
                        Nope.

Comment

No, been normal (for me anyway) recently.

Paleo4lyfe (in reality, no).

Nope.

Moar booze.
                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Hitch prompted me to write about this.

I'm having a 'not good' mental health day, and cannot for the life of me identify a trigger, other than some people around me are having massively stressful times of things at the moment.

Does anyone else get stressed by secondary stress?
                            If it's people who are important to you having a stressful time, then it seems completely normal to me that it would impact on your stress levels or your mood in general. Don't think there are many things that worry me as much as the ones I love being worried.

ofc if you meant 'people around me' in the proximity sense then dr. dazzler prescribes a sharp course of moving the fuck elsewhere. that will be €65 ty

Comment

From twitter. This is a genuine comment from a daily heil reader on the two girls held on drugs charges in peru. So much

SPOILER

Comment

Had a proper Indian curry in Harrow, London last night.

Fairly scared to have a poo now.

#PrayforMicknailsbowels
                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Went to see 2001 a space odyssey in the IFI this weekend , which was cool.
                                  What wasnt cool was staying to watch only god forgives after. Such a waste of a great soundtrack ,mood and location. Just utter trash.
                                  Mind you I kind of felt the same about Drive, great opening,soundtrack and overall mood, the rest?meh

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post

You're all crazy.
                                    I'd say if Ryan Gosling was filmed having a shit for 2 hours you'd think it was amazing.

Comment

I have a phone number and would like to find out who it belongs to. Any clever suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                        Had a proper Indian curry in Harrow, London last night.

Fairly scared to have a poo now.

#PrayforMicknailsbowels
                                        If it was a proper Indian curry it should cause you next to no problems!

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                          I have a phone number and would like to find out who it belongs to. Any clever suggestions?
                                          Call it and ask who it is?

Comment

Comment

Does anyone know if there is an impact on not having block insurance in an apartment scheme on your mortgage? Got a letter off the management company that loads of people haven't paid management fees in the development and that there isn't enough money to pay block ins next month and also bin collection fees haven't been paid.

Letter states 'We haven't been able to pay our own invoices and the insurance direct debit has been returned. If this happens again, the block insurance will be cancelled and your mortgage company will be informed of same'. I'd guess about 60% of people haven't paid given the outstanding balance in unpaid fees.

Comment

Need more info for a good answer:

1. Is it a missed call or how did you come by the number?
                                                2. In either case would you or someone you know be likely to recognise the callers voice?
                                                3. What level of tomfoolery are you comfortable with to check the number?
                                                4. Is it a mobile or land line?
                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Hitch prompted me to write about this.

I'm having a 'not good' mental health day, and cannot for the life of me identify a trigger, other than some people around me are having massively stressful times of things at the moment.

Does anyone else get stressed by secondary stress?
                                                  /brohug
                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

You're all crazy.
                                                    Deleting my sig as anyone that thinks that film is great has issues

Comment

Dont fuck around with lifts in China. Legit.

Lurched into Shanghai a few days ago after a pretty frenzied 48 hour journey from Berlin, stoping over in Moscow.

I think it is far to say I can be a little unhinged, anxiety/sweating mortality wise, and everytime I get into a plane I genuinly believe there is a very real, significant chance I am going to die.
                                                      The first flight was fine, second was going dreamingly, sandwiched inbetween two geriatric natives, pounding away on play and pass OpenFaced Chinese Poker, and despite not having a single mutual word language wise, plenty of lols, rolfs and lifeisamzingfeelgood vibes being had.

Then I realised/ turbo convinced/ myself I was somehow on the verge of swallowing my tongue and choking to death. The next two hours were spent cold sweating it up a storm, inwardly weeping and checking my pulse. Promised the powers that be that if they let me live through I would clean up my act and they duely obliged landing us without so much as a bump.

Celebratory brass?

Cliched as it sounds, China is a different world. A million miles from what I was expecting but a million miles from what I was not expecting too. Not a soul speaks English where I am based, and kids chase you down the road smiling and trying to play with you. So many uplifting, faith in humanity moments already mashed together with clouds of filthy, offensive wealth, offensive poverty, smoggy polutation, for my delicate palate: descpicable me 2 foods, and a greedy draining heat.

Just survived a pleasant twenty minute jailing stuck on the 14th floor in a grimey sweltering lift with a tiny little man. You know that scene in jaws where Johny tough nuts says "Ill never wear a life jacket again" well I will never, ever, be getting in a lift again but as the song goes, thats another reason why I left Old Skibbereen...
                                                      Last edited by Closed_Account; 21-08-13, 12:30.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                        I'd say if Ryan Gosling was filmed having a shit for 2 hours you'd think it was amazing.
                                                        I just can't figure out why he won't eat his cereal.

Ryan Gosling Won't Eat His Cereal by Ryan McHenry (Original) I made each part on the App VINE. Thanks to EVERYONE who shared and viewed, I really appreciate ...

Comment

Daily updates on life in China please Sam.

Comment

Sam, Asia and you are meant to be together.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                              Need more info for a good answer:

1. Is it a missed call or how did you come by the number?
                                                              2. In either case would you or someone you know be likely to recognise the callers voice?
                                                              3. What level of tomfoolery are you comfortable with to check the number?
                                                              4. Is it a mobile or land line?
                                                              I'm playing a game called Street Wars. http://www.streetwars.net/?page_id=37

My own potential assassin just texted me. It would be pretty handy to find out who it is.

I definitely wouldn't recognise the persons voice. I am comfortable with any level of tomfoolery. Is is a mobile number.

Comment

My own potential assassin just texted me. It would be pretty handy to find out who it is.
                                                                I definitely wouldn't recognise the persons voice. I am comfortable with any level of tomfoolery. Is is a mobile number.
                                                                Check answerphone?

If number is 087 afgdfgdfg
                                                                Ring 087 5 afgdfgdfg

See if they have an answerphone message that gives their name.

Comment

But...but...but...Empire gave it 5 stars...it has to be the bestest ever...
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Its enhanced, Chelsea, Arsenal and Barca, all to win tonight, 5/1.
                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                      Check answerphone?

If number is 087 afgdfgdfg
                                                                      Ring 087 5 afgdfgdfg

See if they have an answerphone message that gives their name.
                                                                      Emmet I love you

Edit: it worked obv

Comment

I remember back in the 90s changing people's message minder greeting was a great sport. Dial in the '5', everyone's password was '0000' and then let loose. Best craic was listening to the messages people left after they had heard the nonsense greeting.

Comment

Anyone know where Amazon packages in the Coolmine area goes if no one is at home to collect it? The local post office or do they have an independant depot?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                            I remember back in the 90s changing people's message minder greeting was a great sport. Dial in the '5', everyone's password was '0000' and then let loose. Best craic was listening to the messages people left after they had heard the nonsense greeting.
                                                                            always changing passwords after it was done too!

Comment

Emmet I love you

Edit: it worked obv
                                                                              next step after this would have been to install whatsapp (if not already owning it), save them as a contact, check your "favourites" and note if they had a Whatsapp profile. Profile photo very useful info sometimes!

Comment

Emmett = Excellence in stalking
                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                  Dont fuck around with lifts in China. Legit.

Lurched into Shanghai a few days ago after a pretty frenzied 48 hour journey from Berlin, stoping over in Moscow.

I think it is far to say I can be a little unhinged, anxiety/sweating mortality wise, and everytime I get into a plane I genuinly believe there is a very real, significant chance I am going to die.
                                                                                  The first flight was fine, second was going dreamingly, sandwiched inbetween two geriatric natives, pounding away on play and pass OpenFaced Chinese Poker, and despite not having a single mutual word language wise, plenty of lols, rolfs and lifeisamzingfeelgood vibes being had.

Then I realised/ turbo convinced/ myself I was somehow on the verge of swallowing my tongue and choking to death. The next two hours were spent cold sweating it up a storm, inwardly weeping and checking my pulse. Promised the powers that be that if they let me live through I would clean up my act and they duely obliged landing us without so much as a bump.

Celebratory brass?

Cliched as it sounds, China is a different world. A million miles from what I was expecting but a million miles from what I was not expecting too. Not a soul speaks English where I am based, and kids chase you down the road smiling and trying to play with you. So many uplifting, faith in humanity moments already mashed together with clouds of filthy, offensive wealth, offensive poverty, smoggy polutation, for my delicate palate: descpicable me 2 foods, and a greedy draining heat.

Just survived a pleasant twenty minute jailing stuck on the 14th floor in a grimey sweltering lift with a tiny little man. You know that scene in jaws where Johny tough nuts says "Ill never wear a life jacket again" well I will never, ever, be getting in a lift again but as the song goes, thats another reason why I left Old Skibbereen...
                                                                                  Daily updates on life in China please Sam.
                                                                                  Sam, Asia and you are meant to be together.

As soon as I read Sammy was going to China for 12-18 months I just knew it was going to lead to pure gold on the BBV.
                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                    Anyone know where Amazon packages in the Coolmine area goes if no one is at home to collect it? The local post office or do they have an independant depot?
                                                                                    They go to the an post depot in coolmine industrial estate, on the way to power city, behind where the Renault garage used to be a few years back, with the adjoining petrol station m

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                      Emmet = Excellence in stalking
                                                                                      Alcoholics require methods for finding out what they've been up to / who they've been talking to etc.

Another top tip. There is an App called "Drunken Contacts" on IOS that is genuinely the most useful item I've added to my phone.

You put in a timeframe (last night, last weekend etc) and it tells you the numbers you added in the period.

Using steps 1 and 2 above, alongside this app can turn "I remember talking to someone last night but no idea what her name was" or "Who is 'Girl' and when did I get her number?" into a phone number, a photo, a name, and a date!

Comment

Probably a silly networking question but just to make sure:

At work with my laptop I connect to my NAS at home with Logmein Hamatachi; and in work I can see other other people's computers that are connected to the wifi in my computer/itunes shared library. Do I have to worry about people being able to access my NAS at all?

Comment

Was all fun and games till the News of the World starting doing it to murder victims.

Comment

Perhaps.

He's only a minor part in Only God Forgives really. The cop is one of the best characters in a movie this year and Kristin Scott Thomas is a scene stealer.

Comment

When that wore out the next game was to change your own voicemail to "hello?" "hello?" "who's this?" "hello?" "o can't hear ya?"
                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

@Denny, no they are 2 separate networks.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                  Probably a silly networking question but just to make sure:

At work with my laptop I connect to my NAS at home with Logmein Hamatachi; and in work I can see other other people's computers that are connected to the wifi in my computer/itunes shared library. Do I have to worry about people being able to access my NAS at all?
                                                                                                  nope.
                                                                                                  A=your home NAS
                                                                                                  B= You work PC
                                                                                                  C= Your network share
                                                                                                  D=Everyone in your work network

B can see A & C
                                                                                                  D can see C
                                                                                                  D cannot see A
                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Perhaps.

He's only a minor part in Only God Forgives really. The cop is one of the best characters in a movie this year and Kristin Scott Thomas is a scene stealer.
                                                                                                    Scene stealer in the worst possible sense, ridiculously loud and overacting. I don't get the point of the character at all along with the dancer/prostitute bird. The film may have been visually very nice to look at but the poor storyline and script let it down hugely I thought. Gosling doing very little in Drive worked well but failed in this film.

I think one of the major flaws could also be the trailer to the film which I think suggested something entirely different, something along the lines of A Bittersweet Life. I have no idea what the point of it was sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                                      Anybody know why James Wade got suspended?
                                                                                                      Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                                      It's widely accepted that if James Wade wasn't James Wade, ie world number 3 and one of the best ever then he would have been banned from darts for life by now. He's supposed to be impossible to deal with, a proper diva/wanker combo
                                                                                                      He walked out of one of the UK Open qualifiers claiming he wasn't well after drawing MvG first round.

Complained at the UK open that he shouldn't have to enter at the prelim stage.

Cursed at it on camera.

Went on a bit of an outburst when was sent to play on an outer board at an event. Gave out when a board was changed halfway through a TV event even though he won the next 4 legs on it.

Chap is a cunt. This isn't surprising.

Comment

loldarts

Comment

Paging the 'pokerplumber' chap...Are you in Dublin? I want to get my bathroom re-done...interested?

Comment

Looking forward to seeing Robot Anne Frank.
                                                                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Love it. If you need any assistance in over the top meta-gaming here let me know. I played this game on a college level in UCC and some of the shit people got up to was amazing.
                                                                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                                                                Looking forward to seeing Robot Anne Frank.
                                                                                                                I somehow always get her confused with Robot Helen Keller
                                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

What to do on your own in Amsterdam for a few days? Today all i did was smoke and eat nougat, I feel I could have had a more fulfilling day. Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                    What to do on your own in Amsterdam for a few days? Today all i did was smoke and eat nougat, I feel I could have had a more fulfilling day. Hmmm...
                                                                                                                    rijksmuseum
                                                                                                                    canal tour
                                                                                                                    Van Gogh Museum
                                                                                                                    Anne Frank House
                                                                                                                    dont bother with sex/vodka museum
                                                                                                                    pretty much all shit on the damrak

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                      Brewery tour or rent a bike?

Comment

George Takei reveiws Air Swimmer Shark on Amazon

Originally posted by George Takei
                                                                                                                        Brad and I caught Sharknado on the ScyFy and had a good laugh. Brad in particular kept going on about how preposterous the whole notion was of a freak hurricane in LA bringing a deluge of airborne sharks.

You can guess the prank I pulled next. I waited until we had planned one of our home camping adventures in our backyard (Note: the AIR SWIMMER flying shark requires a good amount of space to operate, and definitely don't try it in high winds). I was in my Eagle Scout outfit and had just blown a rousing "Taps" on the trumpet to bring an end to our day. Brad had just doused our small fire carefully and plished off his fourth s'more, and true to form had broken out his harmonica to begin a lonesome "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot."

I excused myself, claiming I needed to go "visit nature" before turning in. When I was just out of sight, I ducked behind our tool shed and grabbed the AIR SWIMMER remote controls. To add to the ruse, I used my Bluetooth enabled smartphone to play the theme from Jaws on the jambox I'd hidden inside the tent.

Da-dum.

The harmonica playing stopped. "George?" Brad called out, standing slowly up and wiping some sticky marshmellow from his chin.

Da-dum, Da-dum

It was a low, unmistakable rumbling, as if from the depth of the darkest ocean. Brad's flashlight was out, scanning the tree-tops. Preposterous indeed! At just the right moment, I maneuvered the Air Swimmer into the clearing.

"Da-da-dum!"

Brad's flashlight flew up, illuminating the terrible jaws of this Jaws. I'd painted the mouth and teeth with a bit of red and hung a stuffed sleeve and fake hand from it for added effect. He yelled and fell back into the tent, tangling himself amongst the cords and nylon. The AIR SWIMMER dove down, and he screamed again, then, to his credit, he managed to grab hold of a flare gun and fired. The flare struck and propelled my Jaws up and into the air, then burst its guts across much of lower Hollywood.

Thankfully, by the time the authorities arrived we had packed up the evidence and were sipping chamomile tea in our kitchen.

"Did you happen to see a flying shark in the vicinity?" the officer asked.

"You've been watching too much television," I replied, returning to my tea. Brad rolled his eyes and had another s'more.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X