Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        ^^^ maybe replace with hotmail link
        huh why? msndontfallforshit@hotmail.com!!!
        Last edited by DeadParrot; 19-07-13, 11:14. Reason: really?
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
          was wolf whistled by 3 girls in a car today. First time for everything i guess
          Do you even lift bro?

Comment

I'm too soft a touch. Fixed your sig for you Michelle.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
              I'm too soft a touch. Fixed your sig for you Michelle.
              Her sky-ness
              © 5starpool

Comment

Where do people find to have the best coffee?

I had a double espresso in the farm restaurant recently, it was a party in my mouth.
                I become so hyper from it.
                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 18-07-13, 22:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                  Never had a really special coffee. Someday, I'll get the invite to RDIII, Zuutroys, or Strewelpeters Tbh, still a smoking addict, and can't taste anything really.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                    Do you even lift bro?
                    3 times a week brah!

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

I had a double espresso in the farm restaurant recently, it was a party in my mouth.
                      I become so hyper from it.
                      Don't start them on coffee again! Zuutroy and RDIII discussed setting up a coffee shop at one point called Coffee or GTFO. It was nearly ready to get IPB crowdfunded before a few serious gaps were found in zuutroy's not so existent business plan. There may even have been a thread on it somewhere.

Comment

Bit of a dilemma here. A crowd of gypos come into the snooker hall regularly, 3 times a week maybe, stay 2/3/4 hours and always buy sacks drinks here aswell. Very good customers, never any hassle. Very loud and messy so I always put them upstairs in a private room.

Now tonight the come in at 9.15, I close at 10. They are still there,
                        Im not concerned as I'm potting away online. Still when is it acceptable to say I'm closed, please leave. They never here late so I'm not sure they know what time closing is. I also wouldn't like to alienate them in any way.

Should I leave them there as long as I'm playing or is that a bad habit to let them get into as I won't be here most nights and they might get annoyed if asked to leave at 10 another night.

As much as they are no trouble they don't seem like the type to understand basic instructions or adhere to them.

Comment

Let them know you are staying back for them and that you won't always be able to do it.

Is 10 not a very early closing time in that business?
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                            Bit of a dilemma here. A crowd of gypos come into the snooker hall regularly, 3 times a week maybe, stay 2/3/4 hours and always buy sacks drinks here aswell. Very good customers, never any hassle. Very loud and messy so I always put them upstairs in a private room.

Im not concerned as I'm potting away online. Still when is it acceptable to say I'm closed, please leave. They never here late so I'm not sure they know what time closing is. I also wouldn't like to alienate them in any way.

Should I leave them there as long as I'm playing or is that a bad habit to let them get into as I won't be here most nights and they might get annoyed if asked to leave at 10 another night.

As much as they are no trouble they don't seem like the type to understand basic instructions or adhere to them.
                            Just have a conversation with them. Tell them that normally you close at 10 but you were busy at something so happy to leave them for a while but you're closing now and ask them to finish up after that game. I doubt they'll attack you, especially if they enjoy coming in there.

Comment

Just turn off some lights, and tell them you're closing at in 10 minutes. Start cleaning up, make a lot of noise moving chairs- everybody understands that.

Comment

Charge them 1.2 markup after 10pm

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                  Let them know you are staying back for them and that you won't always be able to do it.

Summer time innit

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                    Just have a conversation with them. Tell them that normally you close at 10 but you were busy at something so happy to leave them for a while but you're closing now and ask them to finish up after that game. I doubt they'll attack you, especially if they enjoy coming in there.
                                    Very very stressed out bunch of lads, auld lads now, like 40/50 years old. They might be gypo leaders like, I don't want to alienate the whole race

Comment

Big problem is that when you give rope like that then they'll expect it almost everytime they come in. It's like a pub that gives you a late drink. You know the law, time it should be shut at etc but once it happens you'd just expect it's the norm from that point.

Opr

Comment

I see the city of Detroit filed for bankruptcy today, that city has had some ride. Can we do that in Ireland?

Michael Scott Declares BankruptcyThe OfficeMichael Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                          Big problem is that when you give rope like that then they'll expect it almost everytime they come in. It's like a pub that gives you a late drink. You know the law, time it should be shut at etc but once it happens you'd just expect it's the norm from that point.

Opr
                                          Yes this is my exact worry

Comment

DON'T DO THIS!!!

Tell them you usually shut at ten, were busy doing something in the office and forgot they were there(with a bit of this...), tell them you have to shut after they finished there game and thank them/apologise

Comment

Yeah definitely problem is giving too much rope and they go nuts. I had a tendency to always serve them in the pub I worked in. My gypodar is obv shite.
                                              Was closing Xmas eve 1 year and 2 were there and screaming and shouting saying how they were kings of the travellers, quite funny tbf. Eventually had to call Gardai obv arrived 30-40mins later. Answer the door and 6 BanGarda walk through the door, they instantly shut up, finish their drinks and proceed to walk out hugging and kissing the BanGarda. Gotta love them.

Comment

It's disgustingly muggy tonight.

Thrown the pillowcases in a bag in the freezer for a hour before bed
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                  Yeah definitely problem is giving too much rope and they go nuts. I had a tendency to always serve them in the pub I worked in. My gypodar is obv shite.
                                                  Was closing Xmas eve 1 year and 2 were there and screaming and shouting saying how they were kings of the travellers, quite funny tbf. Eventually had to call Gardai obv arrived 30-40mins later. Answer the door and 6 BanGarda walk through the door, they instantly shut up, finish their drinks and proceed to walk out hugging and kissing the BanGarda. Gotta love them.
                                                  Im sure the guards allowed themselves to be kissed wtfs a bangarda there all called just gardai now even if most women are totally not up to the job,
                                                  some of the giant arses on them wouldnt chase anything over 20 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                    Im sure the guards allowed themselves to be kissed wtfs a bangarda there all called just gardai now even if most women are totally not up to the job,
                                                    some of the giant arses on them wouldnt chase anything over 20 yards.
                                                    Lol ok sorry 6 female Gardai that more politically correct? They were actually having a bit of craic with them tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                      Lol ok sorry 6 female Gardai that more politically correct? They were actually having a bit of craic with them tbf.
                                                      Im not pushed about political correctness how can ya not spot a gypo.

Comment

Would they make other customers hesitant of coming in HF?
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                          No, mostly nobody would even know there were there. I send them upstairs to a privateish room

Comment

It's disgustingly muggy tonight.

Thrown the pillowcases in a bag in the freezer for a hour before bed
                                                            Yeah wtf its redic close.

Doesnt help I got fried today. Good lols actually down the 40 foot-Father Jack usually swims there, pretty grumpy objectionable type-around 8 little scrots spot him and proceed to harass him for the guts of an hour while he tilted his nuts off and all in sundry broke their toes laughing.

Comment

Any pub i saw in my home town that served travellers on mass always lost its business.

Know it might be predjudiced but a group of rowdy rude travellers in a bar can be very intimidating and its not somewhere most normal people would want to go.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                Im not pushed about political correctness how can ya not spot a gypo.
                                                                Haha I guess when it's busy some sneak in unnoticed etc. Never had any hassle really, I've done a lot of work with travellers in the past and although they tend to over react in certain situations, I have always found them fine. Not going to go hang out with them but as far as a working relationship goes, I never had any hassle.

Comment

No, mostly nobody would even know there were there. I send them upstairs to a privateish room
                                                                  And they never question why they're being segregated?
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Getting a private room in a snooker hall is the nuts. I'd presume they'd just think the same.

Opr

Comment

They don't get segregated, there is 22 tables in the hall, it's huge. I just strategically place them where they can do no harm, it's got to the stage now where they actually ask for the table

Comment

Even for a gypo I'd say getting segregated from the average scummer who goes to a pool hall is easily a bonus.

Comment

Never seen anything like the feeding frenzie the trout are having in the Slaney tonight, wish I had a fly rod handy.
                                                                          Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

GYPOS!!!! I'm going to go into that office and burst ya, ya little zubleen!!!

Comment

Hmmm, an accoustic Thunder Road in Cork tonight, would have loved to have seen that !
                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

ElSham What did you think of the TV version of Count Arthur Strong? You are a fan of the radio show if I remember correctly.

I was a bit wishy washy about the radio show tbh but I'm enjoying the TV show quite a bit more. I think the almost surreal absurdity of the whole setup comes across better on TV and maybe the slight shift in emphasis away from relying on the malapropisms for most of the laughs is helpful.
                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

ElSham What did you think of the TV version of Count Arthur Strong? You are a fan of the radio show if I remember correctly.

I was a bit wishy washy about the radio show tbh but I'm enjoying the TV show quite a bit more. I think the almost surreal absurdity of the whole setup comes across better on TV and maybe the slight shift in emphasis away from relying on the malapropisms for most of the laughs is helpful.
                                                                                  Haven't seem it yet but apparently the rants are gone!?

I liked the rants

Generally not a big fan of shows switching from radio to tv, a lot of them seem to get dumbed down

Comment

Think it might of been zuutroy who was talking about this stuff before.

http://www.nature.com/news/world-s-slowest-moving-drop-caught-on-camera-at-last-1.13418After 69 years, one of the longest-running laboratory investigations i...
                                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

What has conveyancing got to do with anything?
                                                                                      I'm talking about the guys who were working in teams playing tag funnelling cash from the banks to landowners via naive developers.

I sometimes wonder if you are even vaguely aware of the reality of how the business you are in works
                                                                                      I might not bite but Strewelly you absolute pet you are a hero for always taking the bait.
                                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Detroit confirmed busto.
                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

"But John it's 3 o clock in the morning" , "yeah, but it's breakfast time back home"
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Very very stressed out bunch of lads, auld lads now, like 40/50 years old. They might be gypo leaders like, I don't want to alienate the whole race
                                                                                            Majority of Wexford are gypo's to be fair. Didn't think they had the wherewithal to organise themselves with leaders and such

Comment

Anyone playing this open face on android?
                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Do people really pay €20 for a can of deodorant?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                  Do people really pay €20 for a can of deodorant?

http://www.superdrug.com/deodorants/...nt/invt/710263
                                                                                                  How could any single man not buy it?

The Seductive Fragrance. Oriental Fougere. A sexy mix that hooks up dark chocolate and musk for undeniable attraction. Accented with a yellow Polo Pony icon opposite a bold green number 2, the red bottle brings men into the game of seduction, addressing the challenge of love and the big play needed to get the girl.

Comment

Get it off fragrancex but yeah. Lynx is for teenage boys/junkies imo.
                                                                                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 19-07-13, 08:23.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                                                      Detroit confirmed busto.
                                                                                                      I'd buy that for a dollar.
                                                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

hahahhahhahaa class!!!

This poor chap is pissed as its his stag, so his friends plan this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCrZNEVyF40
                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

...
                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                            this is excellent - don't think anybody has posted it in the past 24 hours. Its of a Norwegian guy on his stag - they make him believe he is about to do a bungee jump but he actually dives into a paddling pool

]
                                                                                                            AH HEORRR

look above YOUR post loooooooooool
                                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                              AH HEORRR

look above YOUR post loooooooooool
                                                                                                              QFI

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                Get it off fragrancex but yeah. Lynx is for teenage boys/junkies imo.
                                                                                                                yeah Lynx is for wet-look gel wearers.

I'm trying to upgrade my olfactory persona, but am already lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                  yeah Lynx is for wet-look gel wearers.

I'm trying to upgrade my olfactory persona, but am already lost.
                                                                                                                  This article may be of interest. There's always another level....
                                                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

6 hours to the weekend
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                      6 hours to the weekend
                                                                                                                      If some smugneck is thinking of coming on and saying "but I'm already on my weekend", please dont be that person.
                                                                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                        This article may be of interest. There's always another level....
                                                                                                                        That's a very "American Psycho" article...
                                                                                                                        (disturbingly good!)

And has zero answers for me, I'm not wandering into Boots and spraying a new deodorant on me each day until I meet 'The One'.

Actually in the market for some scents too though, have just reached the end of the Christmas Gifts aftershaves.

Was hoping to find an answer that could cross both realms.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                          6 hours to the weekend
                                                                                                                          I'm already on my weekend!

SPOILER

I'm actually not but like ...y'know...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X