Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the whole, however, young people are far far more liberal than older people in Ireland.
    Universal phenomenon.

Nothing to see here.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
      Seems the silliest outcome as the rules don't allow it.
      Looks like re-intrepreting the rules for the star player (most sports do it but golf traditionally an exception).
      Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
      christ him and nike have probably been pulling an Alan Shearer (re-kicking Lennon) in the background all night

No doubt someone in nike's marketing department is crunching the numbers at the moment to see what the right decision is with regard to starting
      I'm dumbfounded that the Nike marketing department are letting him tee up, no way can this be good for them
      This will cast him for all time as the guy who allowed the rules to be changed for him to stay in the Masters after he admitted to cheating (albiet that he thought he was just angleshooting).
      His reputation will never recover if he plays not even the C Kid could make excuses for him.

Actually quite disappointed because I really did think he was a man of integrity at least on the golf course and it turns out he's just another win at all costs merchant
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I dunno, I really really hope you are correct though.
        I just feel things move staggeringly slowly in Ireland and that the generation to generation change in attitude is less than people think ; the liberal 20 year old bohemian turns into a FF voting conservative 50 year old.
        The fact that the social revolution of the Sixties largely passed us by is to blame for this imo

Comment

SP is trolling right?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            I'm dumbfounded that the Nike marketing department are letting him tee up, no way can this be good for them
            This will cast him for all time as the guy who allowed the rules to be changed for him to stay in the Masters after he admitted to cheating (albiet that he thought he was just angleshooting).
            His reputation will never recover if he plays not even the C Kid could make excuses for him.

Actually quite disappointed because I really did think he was a man of integrity at least on the golf course and it turns out he's just another win at all costs merchant
            OK, normally I give you the benefit of the doubt, but this time you have to be trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Lol jesus. There's just no point sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                No. already had one lad thrown out for going south.
                This was a funny incident. Drunk and fairly abusive guy had gone on a bit of a heater and won a few decent pots. Should have been playing ~600. Nicky was sitting beside me and gave me a nudge and said yer man was after sticking a pile of his 25 euro chips in his pocket. I had a look and sure enough his stack is now miraculously only 200 or so.

Saved this information mentally. Raise the button with A2 sooted the next hand and yer man defends. Flop is KQx, none of my suit. Checks to me, I c-bet and he c-r reasonably hefty. I dwell up and request a count of his chips. He complies and gives me the number. I then ask him how much he has including the chips in his pocket.

It all kicks off with abuse being roared by yer man, calling me all manner of names under the sun. Dealer backs me up and the floor is called. Jeff comes over and upon hearing the story, tells the villain he can either fold or else pull out the black chips and carry on with the hand. Villain fucks Jeff out of it for a while but eventually retrieves 3 chips from his pocket. Everyone chimes in that he at least another 300 secreted in there. Jeff puts him on a 30 second clock to make a decision, counts it down and awards me the pot. Naturally I show the deuce and yer man is evicted with more roaring and shouting.

Delightful start to the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                  SP is trolling right?
                  Not so confusing, SP spreading his football tripe posting to more sports imo.

Comment

People saying Tiger should withdraw are talking nonsense.

They received a phone call questioning Tigers drop. The USPGA ruled that no breach of rules had occured.

They received another phone call questioning Tigers interview where he says he moved back "2 yards". Even though he didnt move back that far it has been deemed that he has incriminated himself.

The reason he gets a 2 shot penalty is due to a rule over a year old that says that retrospective penalty shots can be added to a score after the card has been signed IF the player was unaware of the breach at the time.

Its a good rule brought in to stop players getting DQ'd for breaches they were unaware of in real time but with technology can be made aware of after the event itself.

The photo attached shows the position is in no way a breach. His ball is right beside (within 2 club lengths anyway) of his first divot.

Also Tiger has not gotten away with anything here by being Tiger. He has been penalised not helped by his reputation. Chances are it doesn't get picked up on if its anyone else.

Just to be clear he did not get penalised for his drop, but for his interview.
                    Attached Files

Comment

We should do an IPB play, something by Shakespeare. Which one and who should play who? I like the Scottish play.
                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

This was a funny incident. Drunk and fairly abusive guy had gone on a bit of a heater and won a few decent pots. Should have been playing ~600. Nicky was sitting beside me and gave me a nudge and said yer man was after sticking a pile of his 25 euro chips in his pocket. I had a look and sure enough his stack is now miraculously only 200 or so.

Saved this information mentally. Raise the button with A2 sooted the next hand and yer man defends. Flop is KQx, none of my suit. Checks to me, I c-bet and he c-r reasonably hefty. I dwell up and request a count of his chips. He complies and gives me the number. I then ask him how much he has including the chips in his pocket.

It all kicks off with abuse being roared by yer man, calling me all manner of names under the sun. Dealer backs me up and the floor is called. Jeff comes over and upon hearing the story, tells the villain he can either fold or else pull out the black chips and carry on with the hand. Villain fucks Jeff out of it for a while but eventually retrieves 3 chips from his pocket. Everyone chimes in that he at least another 300 secreted in there. Jeff puts him on a 30 second clock to make a decision, counts it down and awards me the pot. Naturally I show the deuce and yer man is evicted with more roaring and shouting.

Delightful start to the evening.
                        excellent, but wasnt action on you?
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                          The reason he gets a 2 shot penalty is due to a rule over a year old that says that retrospective penalty shots can be added to a score after the card has been signed IF the player was unaware of the breach at the time.
                          Nope imo. This rule was to cater for a player being unaware that there had been a breach, e.g., the ball moving ever so slightly incident 2 years ago.

Whereas in this case Tiger was fully aware of what he had done, because he 'deliberately' did it. That he clearly didn't know what he was doing was wrong is a different issue than this new rule; Tigers action should be covered by the standard 'ignorance is no defence of breaking a rule' rule of golf. Hence DQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                            We should do an IPB play, something by Shakespeare. Which one and who should play who? I like the Scottish play.
                            Merchant of Venice, lots of roles.
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Hmmm, friends on FB with Yifei one of JPs old dealers from China & he posted so I hit translate. Dont think I fully trust those translate yokes.....

人生最大的杯具就是很累的时候回到家,发现冰箱比我的脸还干净,而钱包比冰箱还干净。。。
                              When Cup is tired of life back home and found refrigerator and clean than my face and purse clean than a refrigerator ... (Translated by Bing)

Comment

Nope imo. This rule was to cater for a player being unaware that there had been a breach, e.g., the ball moving ever so slightly incident 2 years ago.

Whereas in this case Tiger was fully aware of what he had done, because he 'deliberately' did it. That he clearly didn't know what he was doing was wrong is a different issue than this new rule; Tigers action should be covered by the standard 'ignorance is no defence of breaking a rule' rule of golf. Hence DQ.
                                They had deemed that there was no breach of the rules on Tigers behalf. Its for what he said in his interview.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                  excellent, but wasnt action on you?
                                  It was indeed. I had the look of a man who sticking the tank in.

Comment

Terrible from the TMO.

Comment

I dunno, I really really hope you are correct though.
                                      I just feel things move staggeringly slowly in Ireland and that the generation to generation change in attitude is less than people think ; the liberal 20 year old bohemian turns into a FF voting conservative 50 year old.
                                      It took several referendums to get Divorce here, can you imagine anyone being seriously against Divorce now? For years there was no chance of Abortion even being considered here, whereas now the first serious debates are taking place.

Comment

Anyone just watch the press conference from one of the Augusta committee on the ruling? I thought the press destroyed him and it went really badly. At one stage one of them had him on the rack and he just reverted to repeating that's something you'll need to ask Tiger about.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                          serious debates are taking place.
                                          Maybe we could get nuclear power while they're at it

Comment

Titus Andronicus. The bloodiest of all Shakespeare's works.

Comment

Been watching Super15 for the last 6 or 7 weeks and the standard is so much better than this. I suppose a comparison with the HC is prob fairer, Id still prefer Super 15 over HC though unless an Irish team were playing.

Blues v Canes this morning was a cracking watch.
                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                Anyone just watch the press conference from one of the Augusta committee on the ruling? I thought the press destroyed him and it went really badly. At one stage one of them had him on the rack and he just reverted to repeating that's something you'll need to ask Tiger about.

Opr
                                                ya surely the natural retort was "well isn't that something you should have asked Tiger in your meeting?!"

Comment

Some Millwall fans causing mayhem at Wembley. Scumbags.

Comment

Munster playing very well. Leinster need tries before HT with this wind.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                      raped by football today
                                                      wigan for the save please
                                                      nice

Comment

Dunno, kinda fancy Raoul, BCB and V for V as the Weird Sisters. Double, double toil and trouble and all those good lines. Although Strewel would make a great Lear obv so can't decide.

Comment

Nigel just fucking Leinster in this game.

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                            Nigel just fucking Leinster in this game.
                                                            Nigel gonna Nigel.

He just loves a big crowd to perform in front of.

Comment

davepoker as Othello obv. Possibly Iago as Iago.

Comment

davepoker as Othello obv.
                                                                Racist.

Comment

Fuck it, let's go bowling.

Creedence Clearwater Revival Lookin' Out My Back DoorCosmo's FactoryLyrics:Just got home from Illinois, lock the front door, oh boy!Got to sit down, take a r...

P.S by bowling I mean drunking.

Comment

Dunno, kinda fancy Raoul, BCB and V for V as the Weird Sisters. Double, double toil and trouble and all those good lines. Although Strewel would make a great Lear obv so can't decide.
                                                                    I was one of them in a play we did in 5th year, twas weird.
                                                                    I'd like a different role though, I want to stretch myself and I don't want to get typecast.
                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

DeadParrot as Falstff

MSN Lady MAcbeth

Iago Iago

Hotspur Hotspur

RDIII as Beatrice to Hitch's Benedict

Lloyd as Brian Blessed as Henry VIII

HectorJelly Hamlet

Cardshark Richard III

The Flushdraws as Anthony and Cleopatra

IonaPaul as Shylock to Gimmeabreak's Antonio

Rigger Prospero with EamonnHonda and Micknail playing Caliban on alternate nights

I guess I'm Lear and all ye bitches are my ungrateful daughters

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                        I was one of them in a play we did in 5th year, twas weird.
                                                                        I'd like a different role though, I want to stretch myself and I don't want to get typecast.
                                                                        You and Chad good play Romeo and Juliet. I think everyone knows which one of ye suits which role

Comment

SatNav as Lady Macbeth.

The-Rigger can play The Fool

The Flushdraws could be the 'star-crossed lovers'

Hotspur to play hotspur obv.

Comment

Improvised a half time dinner of Chorizo fried with onion and a couple of chillies added a few tomatoes and a big bunch of spinach and a dollop of crème fraiche then I broke a couple of eggs on top covered them with smoked paprika - Awesome.

Comment

IonaPaul as Shylock
                                                                              sp got game yo. Excellent needle.

Comment

CHD, Good night, Good night! parting is such sweet sorrow…
                                                                                that I shall say good night till it be morrow
                                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Did POC just boot him in the head!!

fuck me, terrible

Comment

O Shea's Irish Pale Ale from Aldi not too bad at all, esp at 1.75 for 500ml bottle

Comment

fuck me, terrible
                                                                                      Looks worse than it was imo, big clumsy second row trying to hack ball free.

Comment

fuck me, terrible
                                                                                        Clearly accidental but i would not fancy that.

Comment

sp got game yo. Excellent needle.
                                                                                          GFYRDIII / GFYSP

That kick in the head looked painful!

Comment

It looks horrible in the replay. You don't hack a ball beside someones head

Comment

Still dangerous play. Should be a penalty Leinster. Not a yellow card though.
                                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

It's a red card all day.

intentional or not, there is reckless and dangerous use of the boot there.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                  O Shea's Irish Pale Ale from Aldi not too bad at all, esp at 1.75 for 500ml bottle
                                                                                                  Don't remember that line,A Midsummer Nights Dream?

Comment

fuck me, terrible
                                                                                                    I'm speechless

Comment

I have no scientific proof of my assertion as have not polled a substantial amount of people on these issues. It's my gut instinct which has a remarkable 100% success rate (ignoring the times it's wrong).
                                                                                                      Young people involved in politics do tend to be more conservative.

Comment

Try time bitches

Comment

25 phases and a BOD try, nice.

Comment

Don't remember that line,A Midsummer Nights Dream?
                                                                                                            How are you snuffkins?

Comment

Last edited by Emmet; 13-04-13, 20:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                It's a red card all day.

intentional or not, there is reckless and dangerous use of the boot there.
                                                                                                                Have huge respect from O connell but ws very dangerous.
                                                                                                                An 18 stone man kciking you in the head could be bloody fatal.

Kearney was taken in the air just before it too.

Comment

Great to have the BBC coverage on complete with Ken Brown doing some wierd 'I'm a player, now I'm a caddie' thing out on 15, fuck you Monty.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                                    GFYRDIII / GFYSP
                                                                                                                    I'd focus on the Beatrice Benedict aspect if I were you

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                      Great to have the BBC coverage on complete with Ken Brown doing some wierd 'I'm a player, now I'm a caddie' thing out on 15, fuck you Monty.
                                                                                                                      Nicely set up here for the golf on BBC & in trundles the missus with her parents. Cue lots of unwelcome noise.

Seriously considering walking out for the pub

Comment

Munster saving the big heart for the HC

Comment

Lenihan deeply rooted in Munster.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X