Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any sauce other than butter has no business near steak imo.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
      Just back from a week down in County Wexford, just next to the hook peninsula. Rented a lovely house just off the beach, and had a fantastic time.

the weather was amazing for most of the time, so lots of time spent on the beach watching the surfers and running around with the kids, but also managed to visit every other beach in the region, and every possible "place of note". I, however, have one gripe. There is not a single decent restaurant, fishmongers or butchers within 15 miles of where we were!!!WTF? supermarkets were pathetic to say the least, and when i asked a few locals for decent seafood restaurants, they almost laughed in my face saying my best bet were the pubs as most restaurants are chinese or italian .

We did try a few pubs, and a couple were outstanding fish and chips. In the first, i had monkfish tail scampis, and in the second breaded sole. both were delicious, but still, fried food!!

The culinary highlight happened when walking through a forest and discovering the biggest field of wild garlic i have ever seen (this may be a common occurrence for the country folk amongst us, but i've never seen any anywhere around Dublin) (i'll post pics when my laptop is set up etc.)!!! This hit the olfactory receptors of a frenchman like a freight train, and after harvesting the better part of a kilo of the stuff, we undertook to consume it in a variety of salads.

We are now just back home, and after collecting my brand new gaming laptop which had been delivered to my neighbors (it's a thing of beauty, i'm so happy ), on which i type this first post of more than 1 sentence in a month, I am now in the initial phase of preparing 3 litres of fresh wild garlic pesto, a thing of indescribable deliciousness served with bread or pasta (sorry the paleo brethren, i have reverted back to the dark side for the time being).

Now time for some rugby, come on clermont!!!
      Next time go to Aldridge lodge. Thank me later.
      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Montpellier haven't read the script. Key injuries to Clermont. Game on.
        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
          Probably why i love fillet is because I always have it with sauce. I might be interested in other cuts if I was having it without sauce
          airport, lol

Comment

mustard was made for steak.

Comment

butter on steak?

I never have sauce on it - prefer without tbh

Comment

I've tried a tonne of ways of cooking steak. Best method for a proper thick cut I've come across is to sear in a hot metal skillet, then transfer to the oven to finish after which leaving to rest for a good while. It's especially good if you're cooking for more than 1/2 people as you can control things much better. Good video below on the whole process.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                  All kinds of madness.
                  lol, the series of pictures of you and I is hilarious...
                  I was a bit cuddly...

So it turns out my ten year old nephew got a mobile phone yesterday...

Uncle of the year...

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

What a try! Class

Comment

Arsenal implosion?
                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

not going to happen

Comment

Steak talk is tilting me for some reason.
                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Striplion steak he bought
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                              Steak talk is tilting me for some reason.
                              Do you like steak sandwiches....as in between two pieces of bread? I'm sorry
                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                You have never had great steak then. Do you mallet the steak first? Or do you throw it onto George?

Such a waste of good steak throwing on george. I have a cast iron pan and like to sear it on that with butter.

I used to make my own dianne sauce, was lovely.

Please fry the steak!

I bought fillet the other day to make beef stroganoff. The butcher thought I was mad! I hate chewy steak and he said I certainly wont have that issue with fillet.. EXACTLY!

FD will tell you, the steak was superb
                                I have never ever had a bad steak off the forman , everyone imo is getting a bit carried away with cooking on a george forman ffs. Never heard such rubbish!
                                Her sky-ness
                                © 5starpool

Comment

Why do sky let that orange tosser near a commentary box. Excellent try.

Comment

All kinds of madness.
                                    Monstrous hangover today. Myself Keano and Dr Dave fell out of Coppers at about 5am, how the hell was that place still open then?

Couldn't stir from the sack until after 2.
                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                      I have never ever had a bad steak off the forman , everyone imo is getting a bit carried away with cooking on a george forman ffs. Never heard such rubbish!
                                      Yeah, of course you think that because thats what your used too. But cook it properly and it will be much nicer
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                        Did you have Rissóles?
                                        missed this earlier, but no idea what that is?? and didn't have a blaah either.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                          Arsenal implosion?
                                          Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                          not going to happen
                                          The bbv curse knows not to fuck with you.
                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                            Monstrous hangover today. Myself Keano and Dr Dave fell out of Coppers at about 5am, how the hell was that place still open then?

Couldn't stir from the sack until after 2.
                                            I was having a relatively normal and interesting discussion with Dr. Dave, but it was a halfway to Barstow moment, before the craziness took over.
                                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Fucks sake, McGregor just knocked out Brimmage. Thought it was starting at 6 only saw the finish

Comment

so gay.
                                                And they always slowroll:

Poker Stars Pot-Limit Omaha Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (2 handed) - Poker Stars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

BB (t2,100)
                                                Hero (SB) (t900)

Hero's M: 30.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, 4, 3, K
                                                Hero bets t50, BB calls t40

Flop: (t120) Q, Q, 9 (2 players)
                                                BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (t120) 6 (2 players)
                                                BB checks, Hero bets t80, BB calls t80

River: (t280) K (2 players)
                                                BB bets t200, Hero raises t760 (All-In), BB calls t560

Total pot: t1,800

Results below:
                                                SPOILER

Hero had K, 4, 3, K (full house, Kings over Queens).
                                                BB had 7, Q, 2, Q (four of a kind, Queens).
                                                Outcome: BB won t1,800

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                  Fucks sake, McGregor just knocked out Brimmage. Thought it was starting at 6 only saw the finish
                                                  It only lasted a minute anyway. Speed kills

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                    It only lasted a minute anyway. Speed kills

Comment

Plus he's a savage grappler. Not just a BJJ purple belt, but a really fecking good one too

Comment

Ugh, also forgot, along with forgetting to take him to win in the 1st round at 16/5

Good little documentary on him here - http://www.mtv.co.uk/sports/mixed-martial-arts

Comment

a bit NSFW

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                            Ugh, also forgot, along with forgetting to take him to win in the 1st round at 16/5

Good little documentary on him here - http://www.mtv.co.uk/sports/mixed-martial-arts
                                                            Have him in a double with Mousasi to both win by ko, hopefully an ol smashing is on the way

Comment

Comment

Mellor, did you bet?

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                                  Mellor, did you bet?
                                                                  Was considering the 1st Rd KO at 16/5 or so but never pulled the trigger.
                                                                  Raging now obviously, I just had visions of Conor out striking for all of rd 1 but no finish.

Comment

I was having a relatively normal and interesting discussion with Dr. Dave, but it was a halfway to Barstow moment, before the craziness took over.
                                                                    Cheers dude, I was at a loose end for something to do tonight, gonna stick that on.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                      You have never had great steak then. Do you mallet the steak first? Or do you throw it onto George?

Such a waste of good steak throwing on george. I have a cast iron pan and like to sear it on that with butter.

I used to make my own dianne sauce, was lovely.

Please fry the steak!

I bought fillet the other day to make beef stroganoff. The butcher thought I was mad! I hate chewy steak and he said I certainly wont have that issue with fillet.. EXACTLY!

FD will tell you, the steak was superb

We have a slow cooker for that type of dish, stews, casseroles etc. almost any meat you cook in a slow cooker will be tender. Plus the added benefit of not having to stand over it is great. Plug it in in the morning and you have a lovely dinner in the evening.

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                          We have a slow cooker for that type of dish, stews, casseroles etc. almost any meat you cook in a slow cooker will be tender. Plus the added benefit of not having to stand over it is great. Plug it in in the morning and you have a lovely dinner in the evening.
                                                                          Yeah, and the cheap cuts are the best. I don't have a slow cooker but I made a shin beef stew last week, cooked it for about seven hours, it was phenomenal, meet just fell apart when you put a fork to it.

Fillet steak is the best for stir fries, but I would recommend shin beef for any stew/casserole.

Comment

That Kim Jong Un lad has the haircut of a traveller.

Comment

There is not a single decent restaurant, fishmongers or butchers within 15 miles of where we were!!!WTF?
                                                                              There is supposed to be a really nice restaurant in Duncannon, can't remember the name of it I think it might be Raoul that raves about it and there is also Dunbrody house in Arthurstown but it might be a bit pricey for small kids.
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                There is supposed to be a really nice restaurant in Duncannon, can't remember the name of it I think it might be Raoul that raves about it and there is also Dunbrody house in Arthurstown but it might be a bit pricey for small kids.
                                                                                i'm guessing it's SQIGL? didn't see any others, but unfortunately it was closed. Went passed Dunbrody and knew it was a cookery school but didn't know they did restaurant also. you're right though, would've been excessive with kids.

Comment

played my first competitive CS match today. went surprisingly well. Was top of the leaderboard when I had to stop recording. Competitive play is so much better imo for both enjoyment and craic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLs0ROeaebE

Comment

i'm guessing it's SQIGL? didn't see any others, but unfortunately it was closed. Went passed Dunbrody and knew it was a cookery school but didn't know they did restaurant also. you're right though, would've been excessive with kids.
                                                                                    It's Aldridge lodge. 28 euro ahead midweek for a magnificent 3 course meal. 40 for the tasting menu.

Comment

Lets go Ulster!!

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                        It's Aldridge lodge. 28 euro ahead midweek for a magnificent 3 course meal. 40 for the tasting menu.
                                                                                        damn it!!! so close. did all the back streets, but never saw it!!is it actually in Duncannon village?

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                          played my first competitive CS match today. went surprisingly well. Was top of the leaderboard when I had to stop recording. Competitive play is so much better imo for both enjoyment and craic

can't see or link through to youtube. is it just me or is something wrong?

what do you mean by competitive?

Comment

Welcome to mah game boy

Competive is a 5v5 mode where you compete, 15 rounds a half. You play one half as terrorists and one as counter terrorists. You win by blowing up the bomb/defusing the bomb or by eliminating the enemy.

This is a game mode in the game, an aside from "competitive" where pro players play with salaries/for big money prizes etc.
                                                                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 06-04-13, 17:54.

Comment

Tar.Aldarion, does that mean you have played a game for 4725 hrs?

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                                Tar.Aldarion, does that mean you have played a game for 4725 hrs?
                                                                                                Yeah, although having the game minimised/just open counts as play time while not being at the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                  Yeah, although having the game minimised/just open counts as play time while not being at the computer.
                                                                                                  ok, carry on I think.

Comment

Competitive as in there are certain rules and settings and everyone who plays the game is ranked - its generally seen as a better game mode in terms of balance etc. Its played at any e-sports LAN I've ever been to

Welcome to mah game boy

Competive is a 5v5 mode where you compete, 15 rounds a half. You play one half as terrorists and one as counter terrorists. You win by blowing up the bomb/defusing the bomb or by eliminating the enemy.

This is a game mode in the game, an aside from "competitive" where pro players play with salaries/for big prizes etc.
                                                                                                    You on steam? It would help if I could talk to people when play comp. Its hard to play with mutes

Comment

damn it!!! so close. did all the back streets, but never saw it!!is it actually in Duncannon village?
                                                                                                      Here.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                                                        If you had said you were there I could have told you to head to Cheelpoint in Waterford from Hook for seafood. It's about 20 minutes by a little ferry thing and it's an old school fishing village with McSorley's bar/restaurant having a good rep for seafood
                                                                                                        Been there once years ago. Savage seafood there alright, tough to get seat though, I remember having to put the place on my lap as no table... Tricky!
                                                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                                          ok, carry on I think.
                                                                                                          Haha yeah it looks crazy apart from my play time is always going up because I jsut minimize games, dont quit them.
                                                                                                          You on steam? It would help if I could talk to people when play comp. Its hard to play with mutes
                                                                                                          Yeah sure, TarAldarion on there too. However I don't play competitive that often with work. Used to be on teams for years etc but not any more. ESEA is much better but 6$ish month. Has anticheat and people talk, better players on average. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESEA_League

Comment

cheers I'll give it a look

Comment

Fuck. Ulster shooting themselves in the foot continually.

Comment

Haha yeah it looks crazy apart from my play time is always going up because I jsut minimize games, dont quit them.

Yeah sure, TarAldarion on there too. However I don't play competitive that often with work. Used to be on teams for years etc but not any more. ESEA is much better but 6$ish month. Has anticheat and people talk, better players on average. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESEA_League
                                                                                                                lol, I remember playing a good bit with you at the time on the IOA servers.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                  Fuck. Ulster shooting themselves in the foot continually.
                                                                                                                  it's pretty poor stuff

Clermont already a lock for the tournie
                                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

cheers I'll give it a look
                                                                                                                    You certainly make better videos than I used to! Keep it up. Look at my lol windows media movie makerness.

css, mixes, man, counter, strike, counterstrike, source, face, things, funny, random, something

lol, I remember playing a good bit with you at the time on the IOA servers.
                                                                                                                    Haha Good times! That was the first time I got the game on 56k net! Haha. Loved it, wish more irish people played, that was the best.

Comment

Gerry Adams isn't the only person wou outed themselves as batshit crazy this week, still whatever you say about Jeremy Irons he isn't a mass murderer and even if he's not levelling his pronouncement on the failings of gay marriage is pretty funny

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 06-04-13, 18:20.
                                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

@ BK what is this 'sit down' you are always screaming when you shoot people in vids?

Comment

@ BK what is this 'sit down' you are always screaming when you shoot people in vids?
                                                                                                                          Have a seat \_

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X