Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In grand theft auto terms surely that earns him a 5th star and the army will get involved

Comment

Originally posted by BrianN View Post
      Just renewed mine the other day. Takes 10 working days doing it through the post office.
      Good thinking Brian. You must have known that you were going to ship a 2 week trip to Vegas tonight. Very well played

Comment

another cabin, burned to the ground, Rambro assumed dead
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

CNN just said on air that according to US Marshalls, he tried to get out the back door of the cabin, but he was pushed back inside.
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

remember this tourny in wembley

IDN Poker adalah tempat daftar situs agen idn poker online terpercaya indonesia, tersedia game - game poker IDN terbaik menggunakan 1 akun deposit 10 ribu.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
              Bit random: is there a general rule for which half kids of multi-ethnic parents take after? Think there is some general principle, but can't seem to google it right. Going to find out in a few weeks when she arrives obv, but bit curious right now as to whether my future niece will look like my pasty Irish brother or his glamourous Colombian wife.
              My brother had a child with a colombian girl
              looks like him , although very dark skinned like the mammy

Comment

Hitch, your brother takes after Alan Partridge so hope the mother's genes shine through
                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

squally morning.

felt awful squally getting out of the bed myself
                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                    Waterford people, what is Murphys bar on the quay like? I've only been to the places on John Street.

Friend of mine DJing there on Friday for the first time so I have to go really. My guess is 30's crowd, v. empty?
                    He pumps a lot of effort into the live music scene so there might be a few there. Used to be a 'bikers bar' years ago and they still get a few Freewheelers in there but they seem grand. If they give you any lip just say you know Icarus.
                    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                      yeah read it earlier very good , however this made me lol as its so not like RD , just doesnt seem right somehow

"I ordered two and headed for the jacks,"
                      That's the kind of thing I say all the time.

Keeping it Real, ya know.
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                        Usually do crisps and chocolate and stuff, but havn't been eating much of them at all this year anyway.

Giving up bread occured to me this morning when realised I'd probably had some every day for the last 6 months. Though wish I'd thought of it a few days earlier to plan and research.
                        Cut the bread - its up there with one of the worst things you could be eating on a regular basis. One of the worst junk foods out there it just has been marketed differently.

Comment

just eat in moderation FFS. Why not go the whole hog and cut every moment of joy out of your lives.

Comment

Ash Wednesday breakfast roll is better than most.

Also lol bread haters live a little if its the worst damage I do to my body ill be ok
                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                              Cut the bread - its up there with one of the worst things you could be eating on a regular basis. One of the worst junk foods out there it just has been marketed differently.
                              Originally posted by Zod View Post
                              just eat in moderation FFS. Why not go the whole hog and cut every moment of joy out of your lives.
                              Yep, you can't go wrong with some scrambled egg on toast, or a sausage and egg sambo. Just substitute your 100 calorie a slice bread for the 47 calorie version and feel good about it. I couldn't live without bread

Comment

just eat the 100 calorie bread and get a little regular exercise.

All this caveman diet shit neglects the fact that if cavemen had bread they'd fucking eat bread and be happy for the chance to.

Comment

Christ, if they had findus crispy pancakes they'd be shovelling them down their throats while watching the prisoners they took from other tribes fighting lions and crocodiles.

Comment

Anyone play high stakes cash on Lock Poker? They really do seem to have the worst rep of any in the poker world at the moment.

DISCLAIMER #1: This is an editorial, and is strictly the opinion of pokerfraudalert.com. The "facts" presented in this article were deduced in a common-sense fashion from observation of this company's behavior and communications with the public. pokerfraudalert.com is NOT stating any of the below information to have been verified or proven in a court of law, but is rather drawing editorial conclusions from the information available. pokerfraudalert.com is also extending an open invitation to

from here

DISCLAIMER #1: This is an editorial, and is strictly the opinion of pokerfraudalert.com. The "facts" presented in this article were deduced in a common-sense fashion from observation of this company's behavior and communications with the public. pokerfraudalert.com is NOT stating any of the below information to have been verified or proven in a court of law, but is rather drawing editorial conclusions from the information available. pokerfraudalert.com is also extending an open invitation to

Comment

Why are people so militant about being told things they enjoy aren't very good for you?

Sure the finger wagging "stop smoking it's killing you" crew can be annoying, and of course "it's your body"; but why do people get so defensive when given information that's not exactly what they like hearing.?

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                        At least he tries to shield 'poor' Stephen from that damage
                                        At one point they hired Stephen McClean to go on and answer questions for them, but they didn’t equip the poor guy to answer anything people wanted to know and didn’t even tell him that they were reneging their guarantee, embarrassing him in the process when he found out via the thread.
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                          Why are people so militant about being told things they enjoy aren't very good for you?
                                          Because we do lots of things that aren't very good for us. And every day we're being told that something else isn't very good for us after all. Then in a few months we are told actually, someone else thinks that this thing is very good for us and previously thinking it was bad was wrong, and if we just follow this one weird old tip we'll live forever and shit gold.

So we can cut everything that isn't very good for us out of our lives or we can accept that sometimes our behaviours aren't great for us but we only have a short time here so the things that are bad for us in moderation combined with activities that are good for us is the way forward in just getting through your life.

Comment

‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

My policy is: Aim for perfection which you know you will never achieve but if you get to 90% its a great result. If you aim for 70% level you are far more likely to falter more heavily and probably fail.

Eat bread if you want doesn't bother me but maybe some day read whats it doing to and you won't.

Comment

Because we do lots of things that aren't very good for us. And every day we're being told that something else isn't very good for us after all. Then in a few months we are told actually, someone else thinks that this thing is very good for us and previously thinking it was bad was wrong, and if we just follow this one weird old tip we'll live forever and shit gold.

So we can cut everything that isn't very good for us out of our lives or we can accept that sometimes our behaviours aren't great for us but we only have a short time here so the things that are bad for us in moderation combined with activities that are good for us is the way forward in just getting through your life.
                                                Point raised quite well, but I purposely chose the cigarettes for a reason.

There was militant opposition to all proof that smoking was bad for you for years and years.

Adverts had to be taken out, surgeon general warnings, a blanket ban on advertising etc before the majority of people even believed that it might not be so good for you. And that took 40 years!

Do people need this level of "battering" with information again if and when the 'accepted' becomes rejected?

Comment

Sure the finger wagging "stop smoking it's killing you" crew can be annoying, and of course "it's your body"; but why do people get so defensive when given information that's not exactly what they like hearing.?
                                                  Because everything is bad for you according to the different "experts"

And his year something thats very good for you someone else next year will say its very bad for you. And I know several who lived healthy lives to 85-90 and this will come as a shock to some but every single one of them were bread users.

I know they dodged a serious bullet. I hope I will do the same.
                                                  Last edited by eamonhonda; 13-02-13, 10:06.
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

If random peoples opinions in relation to certain lifestyle habits you may or may not have, evoke a strong response from you then you need to assess that.

I enjoyed reading this article on the subject recently.
                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                      If random peoples opinions in relation to certain lifestyle habits you may or may not have, evoke a strong response from you then you need to assess that.
                                                      That actually wasn't a strong response.

Comment

correct, but as the excellent post by eamonn shows, the usage of anecdotal evidence people use to 'disprove' published studies is prevalent and unavoidable.

Never mind simply not agreeing, there is an active "pooh-poohing" of ideas / theories etc.

For me, if I was to get irritated about something enough to rubbish someone's (backed up) theories, I'd probably try and educate myself on them before doing so.

I know plenty of smokers who lived into their 80s. Smoking is fine, right?

Comment

The word IF preceded my statement and it wasn't particularly directed at you or anyone else even though I did quote you.

I'm instead talking about the various people who have felt compelled to come up to me and tell me in real life that they would rather be dead then give up bread. Or people who feel the need to tell me that they eat bread and my views are in someway disproved or incorrect as a result of that.

That's your call I really couldn't care less about how anybody who isn't my family chooses to live their life.

It bemuses me that it doesn't go both ways.

Why would anyone give a fuck what some essentially random acquaintance does or believes? Provided it doesn't impact on your personal freedoms obviously.
                                                          Last edited by V for Vendetta; 13-02-13, 10:29.

Comment

I know plenty of smokers who lived into their 80s. Smoking is fine, right?
                                                            obviously not. but I'm talking about bread/other minor dietary habits.

I'm not disputing the findings of the studies behind your bread position. It's not great for you. but in moderation and with exercise and other healthy habits that can be mitigated.

Comment

The word IF preceded my statement and it wasn't particularly directed at you or anyone else even though I did quote you.

I'm instead talking about the various people who have felt compelled to come up to me and tell me in real life that they would rather be dead then give up bread. Or people who feel the need to tell me that they eat bread and my views are in someway disproved or incorrect as a result of that.
                                                              Anecdote is not the plural of data, and I for one wouldn't demean anyone who makes a lifestyle change that has a benefit for them.

but there's so much pressure surrounding diet that we're constantly getting shot at about what we should and shouldn't eat that moderation is rarely given a fair hearing.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                Anyone play high stakes cash on Lock Poker? They really do seem to have the worst rep of any in the poker world at the moment.

from here

http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...ck-Poker-AVOID
                                                                It's not so much the fact that they did it, it's how they went about doing it, very sly.

I'm waiting on an reply from support for an email I sent around 6 months ago

Some peeps are still waiting over 3 months for a withdrawal, even before this crap started, I always maintained they were to be avoided.

I'm not entirely sure what the future has in store for the network but it's looking good.

Comment

obviously not. but I'm talking about bread/other minor dietary habits.

I'm not disputing the findings of the studies behind your bread position. It's not great for you. but in moderation and with exercise and other healthy habits that can be mitigated.
                                                                  Feck whether its good or bad for individuals the real problem with the 'bread position' is that mass production of grains is the only feasible way there is to feed a soon to be 10 Billion world population.
                                                                  Its very nice for rich westerners fly macadamia nuts and 'complex' carbs like quinoa three quarters of the way around the world so that we can pretend we are going to live forever but thats not going to work for everyone.

I won't even start on about the complexities of a conversation I overheard recently where a young aid worker was bemoaning the trend for rural Africans who are moving towards the high carb diets when they had a forest full of perfectly good slugs to eat

Comment

Anecdote is not the plural of data, and I for one wouldn't demean anyone who makes a lifestyle change that has a benefit for them.

but there's so much pressure surrounding diet that we're constantly getting shot at about what we should and shouldn't eat that moderation is rarely given a fair hearing.
                                                                    But who exactly is putting this pressure on you?? Why does their opinion matter to you? Are they impacting on your ability to live your life in the way you want?

Who exactly is shooting at you??

Is Emmet secretly pming people with scare stories???????

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                        Feck whether its good or bad for individuals the real problem with the 'bread position' is that mass production of grains is the only feasible way there is to feed a soon to be 10 Billion world population.
                                                                        Its very nice for rich westerners fly macadamia nuts and 'complex' carbs like quinoa three quarters of the way around the world so that we can pretend we are going to live forever but thats not going to work for everyone.

I won't even start on about the complexities of a conversation I overheard recently where a young aid worker was bemoaning the trend for rural Africans who are moving towards the high carb diets when they had a forest full of perfectly good slugs to eat
                                                                        I couldn't agree more. If everyone goes paleo overnight the world couldn't handle it but fortunately that's quite unlikely.

The good news is that a gradual increase in the trend would probably be of benefit to the Irish economy.

Comment

There's some pretty lolbad logic in the last page or so.

Comment

Is lab grown meat not feasible yet?

Comment

...

Comment

The problem is that people have such poor knowledge about what eating healthy is. 25% of adults in Ireland are obese, with huge costs for us as a result. E.g. treating Type 2 Diabetes which is largely caused by poor eating costs about €1.5 million over a life if it happens when someone is in their 20s. There's no harm in a campaigning style to encourage a bit more science-informed healthy eating.

Quick example: if we can cut the level of obesity by highlighting ways of eating better then we can afford more of drugs like Kalydeco for treating Cystic Fibrosis. This is a phenomenally expensive drug that will about double life expectancy in some Cystic Fibrosis sufferers from 33 to 62 years.

But we have a limited health care budget, and if we have to instead spend our money on treating fat people who make poor life choices, then we can't afford drugs like this that are going to help the far more deserving.
                                                                                Harsh.

People's bodies react differently to various stimuli and to varying extents. Some people will have a body that is more susceptible to obesity then others. We shouldn't be judging those people in my opinion. And that's before we get into issues around food dependency etc.

Maybe this is the judgement/shooting at Zod refers to.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                  There's some pretty lolbad logic in the last page or so.
                                                                                  Keane I have to say I hate these type of posts.

Agree, disagree or bring the topic off on a tangent and it's all good but this is just a post basically doing this

Maybe I shouldn't post this but I'm going to anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                                    Is lab grown meat not feasible yet?
                                                                                    Horses are still cheaper so why would you bother?

Comment

Do you drink beer Emmet?

Comment

But who exactly is putting this pressure on you?? Why does their opinion matter to you? Are they impacting on your ability to live your life in the way you want?

Who exactly is shooting at you??
                                                                                        Ask any woman about what pressures are put on them about their diet and what they eat. We men get of easy, but the pressure is still there.

Is Emmet secretly pming people with scare stories???????
                                                                                        dude has a been in his bonnet with me about something or other. Would probably be best realising 99% of what I say in here is complete tripe.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                            Do you drink beer Emmet?
                                                                                            yup.

I don't jump at the suggestion that it's bad for me. I accept it, don't argue against it, and still drink it.

There's a massive difference between doing that, and saying that "Drinking Beer is healthy, sure me Da did it and he's still going".

The point I'm arguing is an education / logic point. The difference between doing something when you know its bad, and expressly saying that something isn't bad for you when it has been pointed out otherwise.

Also, Hitch has nailed it above. The level of nutritional education for a "developed" society is terrifyingly bad.

Comment

...

Comment

yup.

I don't jump at the suggestion that it's bad for me. I accept it, don't argue against it, and still drink it.

There's a massive difference between doing that, and saying that "Drinking Beer is healthy, sure me Da did it and he's still going".

The point I'm arguing is an education / logic point. The difference between doing something when you know its bad, and expressly saying that something isn't bad for you when it has been pointed out otherwise.

Also, Hitch has nailed it above. The level of nutritional education for a "developed" society is terrifyingly bad.
                                                                                                Thanks, I was just wondering how far your wheat aversion went.

Comment

Keane I have to say I hate these type of posts.

Agree, disagree or bring the topic off on a tangent and it's all good but this is just a post basically doing this

Maybe I shouldn't post this but I'm going to anyway.
                                                                                                  I'm cool with that!

Comment

The problem is that people have such poor knowledge about what eating healthy is. 25% of adults in Ireland are obese, with huge costs for us as a result. E.g. treating Type 2 Diabetes which is largely caused by poor eating costs about €1.5 million over a life if it happens when someone is in their 20s. There's no harm in a campaigning style to encourage a bit more science-informed healthy eating.
                                                                                                    We as a civilisation "eat healthy" for the wrong reasons. The focus is on quick weight loss rather than lifetime habbits.

Quick example: if we can cut the level of obesity by highlighting ways of eating better then we can afford more of drugs like Kalydeco for treating Cystic Fibrosis. This is a phenomenally expensive drug that will about double life expectancy in some Cystic Fibrosis sufferers from 33 to 62 years.
                                                                                                    You should also be asking why Kalydeco is so expensive.

But we have a limited health care budget, and if we have to instead spend our money on treating fat people who make poor life choices, then we can't afford drugs like this that are going to help the far more deserving.
                                                                                                    You're on a bit of an argumentum ad extrimis here. Noone (bar the most libertarian of us) is going to say that funding CF drugs is a bad choice.

Comment

Rye so serious?
                                                                                                      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Eating insects is the future, apparently. I, for one, welcome the imminent arrival of the McBug
                                                                                                        I tried a few in Uganda, they sell them there at markets as a snack. If you didn't know what they were they might have been ok but the yuck factor was overwhelming.

BTW the really annoying thing about the lads argument was kind of in your area about how he saw their move to processed foods as being some sort of aspirational thing foisted on them by advertisers while the truth is that at the margins the choice is dictated by economics, carbs = cheap protien = expensive and the time saved by buying a big bag of rice or whatever can be put to other far more productive uses.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Strewelpeter; 13-02-13, 11:36.

Comment

Thanks, I was just wondering how far your wheat aversion went.
                                                                                                          If I wasn't an alcoholic I'd be a God.

Comment

Do you drink beer Emmet?
                                                                                                            Probably the main thing stopping me doing a keto diet is the complete avoidance of beer(, and pizza, and bread, and rice, and pasta, and potatoes etc.)

Tbh, the hardest thing sometimes is finding a decent substitute. Especially when eating out.
                                                                                                            I'm quite adept at leaving chips/spuds on the plate when eating steak lets say but it gets difficult when you are looking for lunch and need a sandwich/roll alternative.
                                                                                                            I've tried the packet of ham/salad option and just didn't enjoy it, plus it's nigh impossible to eat on the move. If I am making a lifestyle change I don't want misery every day.
                                                                                                            Eggs are great. However, eggs made in the morning aren't very appetizing come 1pm.
                                                                                                            I know I'm having a moan and should just suck it up, but the thing I've found is everything is built around a high carb diet and avoiding it is tough fucking work

Comment

You're on a bit of an argumentum ad extrimis here. Noone (bar the most libertarian of us) is going to say that funding CF drugs is a bad choice.
                                                                                                              Sir! Sir ! Sir!

Comment

Sir! Sir ! Sir!
                                                                                                                Just pay your road tax and GTFO.

(btw the price we're paying for the drug is astounding).

Comment

My friend is looking to bring his godson over to Old Trafford for the second leg of UTD Real.

Anybody able to help get two tickets for him?
                                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Is it really harsh? Obesity is largely caused by people eating too much and there are minimal exceptions to this. This can be seen from the rise in obesity over the last generation - e.g. Ireland 25% obesity now vs 10% in the 1980s. That's lifestyle. The population hasn't undergone a genetic evolution in 20 years that makes us genetically more likely now to be fat.

People are born into absolute misery to live short lives with cystic fibrosis, yet people eating too many burgers are allowed to use up the healthcare budget that should be able to focus on spending to treat people who desperately need help.

On Question Time in the Dail this morning, Gerry Adams was saying there are 700 kids who have to wait ages to get cochlear implants, and are getting treatment far below international norms (the standard in Ireland is one ear gets an implant at cost of €18,000, but international best practice is to put the implant into both ears at double the cost). Would cost us €4m to solve the problem and help these kids hear. IMO we should judge people who drain the healthcare budget by thinking that 'balloon' is an acceptable aspirational body-shape size, meaning we don't have the resources to treat kids like this.

Comment

[QUOTE=Emmet;673129]yup.

[quote]

So you see why people eat bread then?
                                                                                                                      You're responding to a point that was never made. I never said that bread was "healthy". I've said that in moderation it doesn't harm an overall "wellness" lifestyle.

Comment

yup.

ya tbf that is a stupid argument. I think i just dont give shit and prefer to enjoy myself without being unhealthy to the extent that I am doing serious damage fast. I try to be somewhat healthy, but I wont be cutting out bread beer coke or crisps totally.

Odd breakfast roll too of course.

And a curry cheese coleslaw chips yeaaaaaaah
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Few questions for peeps:

What is 'in moderation'. Whats eating bread in moderation? Whats light exercise?

What is a 'balanced' diet?

I reckon most peoples problems with food, diet and exercise stems from a complete misunderstanding of the above.
                                                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X