This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
    I can confirm that Micknail is human and not a made up account.
    You would say that.
    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by robinblinds View Post
      Were there traffic lights in 1937, or was it put to a referendum ... or was constitutional legislation voted through since?

Did the same Garda tell you he has Ronan O' Gara's penalty points at home in the hot press?
      No idea, that's why I led with `A Garda once told me..` rather than stating it as fact. The conversation predates penalty points!

Comment

Seems there were indeed traffic lights in the 30`s and possibly as early as 1890`s

Comment

Tonights selection is All American and all ones I havent tried before . From the Sierra Nevada, Flying Dog, Anchor and Anderson Valley brewing companies. Pic also includes a funky Sierra Nevada glass kindly given to me by my local Off-Licenceser

Sorry bout the shitty pic quality, I blame the phone obv

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
            Tonights selection is All American and all ones I havent tried before . From the Sierra Nevada, Flying Dog, Anchor and Anderson Valley brewing companies. Pic also includes a funky Sierra Nevada glass kindly given to me by my local Off-Licenceser

kev is stealing these beer pictures from somewhere else then tucking into a twelver of Dutch Gold.
            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
              kev is stealing these beer pictures from somewhere else then tucking into a twelver of Dutch Gold.
              Was expecting a 'go home glass your drunk' type comment.

not bad though Zod

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                SPOILER
                yeh she must of been the worst player in history. Was as stupid as the get.

Malcolm favourite to win immunity although the final immunity tends to not be overly physical. I think if he loses then he will be voted out. Or should be. I think Denise wins in a final 3 with skubin and Lisa. Lisa has zero chance of winning, played a poor game. Malcolm wins if he is in the final 3.

Good season.
                Pretty much spot on, although Colton up there as one of the nut worst people to have played the game.
                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

re the driving, i'm on my scooter for half an hour in the morning and same in the evening. I'd say on average i'd see 5 infractions each trip( this is just cars), most noticeably going through red lights (i'd swear the Irish suffer from some kind of color blindness, where it takes 3 seconds to register red after it switches from orange. I think BBK should do a study on it, as it seems completely endemic to this island). Loads also do illegal turns down side streets or the worst is probably that so many drivers don't understand the concept of arrow lights, and as soon as they see a green, they go to make their turn.

I'd say once a week, i chase a moron down who has just missed killing me by not looking in the mirror before cutting in front of me, and give him a serious earfull. this usually starts off politely with me explaining how dangerous his driving was and that he almost killed me, but inevitably ends with them telling me it's my fault, and that i shouldn't have been there, or wasn't there a second ago. That is when i usually end up insulting them for all their cuntish arses are worth. At this stage they are nervously looking at the lights hoping to get away as quickly as they can!!!

actually just this morning saw a motorcyclist lying on the ground not moving because some moron didn't look before turning. it drives me crazy, and when on a motorbike you really end up driving for everyone.

one thing i forgot actually, are indicators optional in this country? it seems no one uses them except the arseholes in the bus lanes pretending to be taking the next turn, but never do!!!

Comment

ffs Begging has gone to a new level in Portlaoise ( or else I fucking attract the cnts) was getting into my car outside the post office and a woman came up and knocked on the window. Irish, blonde, actually not that rough looking , kinda half breed settled traveller type. She says " Excuse me could you do me a favour please" "eh I will if I can I say" kind caught off gaurd. " would you have a euro on you till I get me social" ( like was she intending to pay me back , hunt me down and give it to me?)
                    So like a fool I open the wallet and give her 2 euro as thats all the change I had. "thanks a lot " she says. I watched her for a while and saw her going to other cars and then rang the cop shop to tell them.

She is lucky she wasnt a Roma Gypo , I would have pucked the head off her!!
                    Her sky-ness
                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                      ffs Begging has gone to a new level in Portlaoise ( or else I fucking attract the cnts) was getting into my car outside the post office and a woman came up and knocked on the window. Irish, blonde, actually not that rough looking , kinda half breed settled traveller type. She says " Excuse me could you do me a favour please" "eh I will if I can I say" kind caught off gaurd. " would you have a euro on you till I get me social" ( like was she intending to pay me back , hunt me down and give it to me?)
                      So like a fool I open the wallet and give her 2 euro as thats all the change I had. "thanks a lot " she says. I watched her for a while and saw her going to other cars and then rang the cop shop to tell them.

She is lucky she wasnt a Roma Gypo , I would have pucked the head off her!!
                      you rang the cop shop to tell them someone was begging? wtf!

Comment

I think I'm gonna put a poster on ignore for the first time since The Al Lad back in the old place.

Don't like doing it, as I don't like missing shit but I can do without reading this particular idiot's bullshit and putting me in bad form.

In other news, heading out on my Xmas party tonight.

Waiting on the taxi.
                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                          well my thoughts on it were if an elderly man or woman were getting into their cars and that happened , they could get a fright! Its not nice in fairness
                          Last edited by SatNav; 14-12-12, 18:19.
                          Her sky-ness
                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                            I think I'm gonna put a poster on ignore for the first time since The Al Lad back in the old place.

Don't like doing it, as I don't like missing shit but I can do without reading this particular idiot's bullshit and putting me in bad form.

In other news, heading out on my Xmas party tonight.

Waiting on the taxi.
                            ah ya won't be the first/last. sorry for upsetting ya, merry Christmas

@msn, any questions happening today?
                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

well my thoughts on it were if an elderly man or woman were getting into their cars and that happened , they could get a fright! Its not nice in fairness
                              Elderly woman??

Comment

well my thoughts on it were if an elderly man or woman were getting into their cars and that happened , they could get a fright! Its nice in fairness
                                Ah, bit harsh now Satnav, only a few degrees of separation between any of us and living rough. If you don't want to give anything that's fine, but calling the 5 O is a bit ott.
                                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Ah, bit harsh now Satnav, only a few degrees of separation between any of us and living rough. If you don't want to give anything that's fine, but calling the 5 O is a bit ott.
                                  huh dont get that post???

Ste gtfo!!
                                  Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                    to be fair I know of some old man that was my neighbour get robbed in a similar situation, some polish girl was asking him for money on some street, he was being nice and got out his wallet - probably to give her 5/10 tbh as he's lovely and she grabbed the wallet and pushed him over and ran.
                                    wasn't hurt thankfully but I don't mind the cop call here, quiet parking lot alone is a good robbing spot
                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Pretty sure I told you before MSN............ Snitches get Stiches.

Comment

huh dont get that post???
                                        I don't understand why you'd call the cops on someone who hasn't done anything wrong imo. I mean she wasn't in anyway threatening was she?

Where's your Christmas spirit Scrooge?

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                          Pretty sure I told you before MSN............ Snitches get Stiches.
                                          I don't understand why you'd call the cops on someone who hasn't done anything wrong imo. I mean she wasn't in anyway threatening was she?

Where's your Christmas spirit Scrooge?
                                          Ah heor ye cant be serious !

When she knocked on my window , I got a bit of a fright and felt uncomfortable about the whole thing. Imagine if that was some frail woman. Ye can say what ye want I thought it was disgracful to pounce on people like that. if she wants to be out side some shop then do it at least that gives people the option to ignore her. there is no way you could ignore the other thing as I thought there was something wrong thats why I opened my door!

She is also getting Dole, maybe she should learn to manage her money better or else do with out!
                                          Her sky-ness
                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Let me know what bigfoot is like. I have 4 bottles for the oul fella for xmas and a St Bernardus Christmas ale too.

Comment

When she knocked on my window , I got a bit of a fright and felt uncomfortable about the whole thing. Imagine if that was some frail woman. Ye can say what ye want I thought it was disgracful to pounce on people like that. if she wants to be out side some shop then do it at least that gives people the option to ignore her. there is no way you could ignore the other thing as I thought there was something wrong thats why I opened my door!

She is also getting Dole, maybe she should learn to manage her money better or else do with out!
                                              so she's better at it than most and is proactive!! if you don't like it, don't give her any money!!

Comment

You're right, I'd say the cops are out there swabbing for prints as we speak.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

................................Sigh.
                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Christ another school shooting in the states, 27 dead, 14 kids.

Comment

Anyone else want info on the 'thing'? keep the PM's coming.

Comment

Trip report from Wednesday night, not as compelling as Friday's offerings however if the volume continued to be turned upwards it could get a bit dodgy.
                                                        I was too hungover yesterday to type coherently.

The preconceived and sensible plan was to head out for a coupe pints and then toddle off home like a good young lad, however after a couple of pints merry me decided to take on CHD's advice and get back on the horse. I had been feeling pretty apprehensive and shaken (man up?) prior to heading out considering my last drinking experience.

@#Raoul Duke, I am too young for a midlife crisis, I think I am experiencing a late teenagedom, and also some life changes currently.

Firstly I met my french cunt friend Lucas for a few pints as he wanted me to meet his girlfriend who was spending her last night in town.
                                                        There was an open mic night going in the globe which seemed of a high standard, not that we were listening actively.
                                                        He asked me about what happened Friday/Saturday and I gave him the gritty details, his girlfriend (whose English isn't great) then told him he is never allowed see me again. Ah heyor love. Tried explaining to her that anytime we have gone out it has all been grand, we brohug, say goodbye and make sure each other get home okay.

We then bumped into a group who'd been out on Friday (I don't know them very well) and I felt that I got a weird reaction from a couple of them. Paranoia possibly however I guess it's understandable when you have memory loss regarding your apparent deluded antics. One of the few people I (pointlessly) asked about how I was last Friday was crazy Catalan girl who then told me I was pestering her all night, following her around however she isn't a remotely trustworthy source and I will be avoiding the fuck out of her from now on...

With a reborn thirst for the drink, I duly persuaded the last man standing (a sound Uruguayan guy I've met before) to come to the Workman's with me (they had a christmas tree and all) for the crack.
                                                        Drank a lot of red room cocktails (vodka, southern comfort, red stuff, lemonade) and cracked onto a few girls in there including one who had nearly half blinded herself while dancing with a glow stick. But Fair play to her she continued dancing while clutching a tissue to her bloodied eye. Also saw two girls in cow suits and they allowed me to fondle their udders.

Met a nice girl who coincidentally mentioned white russians and that she had only learned what they were earlier that day, so obviously I told her I'd take her home and make white russians (she was an insta convert to them).
                                                        Her poncy twat male 'friend' (who has a girfriend I was told) made an eager attempt to cockblock me by dragging her back inside for a few minutes however the force was strong in this one and thankfully she returned to my evil clutches.

Amusing taxi ride back to my place with lots of banter from the taxi driver and home for the drinks. I made an unsuccessful attempt to get her to eat some donuts with me and watch 'Born to be Wild' as I have it on my UPC box for years now, however after dancing to the opening credits she just wanted to proceed to sex (should try bringing an old person home instead or are they worse?). I really just wanted to sleep tbh as I was drunk as fuck. I took my sleeping pill post sex and then she asked me what I was doing, I explained I had taken my sleeping pill and she seemed put out (she claims insomnia) and she insisted on another round (I warned her she had about 20 minutes of rigger time before I passed out).

I woke up after 4 hours and she was grinding against me and wanted more sex, I obliged out of duty rather than desire (hungover to fuck). Still, nice to get the attention as I am not used to it.

Then we hung out all day nursing our respective hangovers, watching scooby doo, murder she wrote and man vs food (I think this one could be a keeper). I won back to back bets with her betting on the outcomes of the food challenges. She was somewhat sickened as Adam from man vs food was only the 5th/150 people to complete the second challenge, eating four kilos of pancakes.
                                                        To be fair, I did give her the choice both times as to which side of the bet she wanted as I am a perfect gent.

At some point that afternoon I offered her a drink and she asked what I had...
                                                        'Milk, water, coke, pepsi, white russians, lucozade, tea, that's everything', I replied.
                                                        At which point however she curiously mused 'Do you have any chocolate milk' - and oddly, I did. I bought it yesterday for the first time ever on the advice of @Micknail, along with 10 donuts.

Felt briefly bad about taking her 2 quid as she had alluded to how she is a broke student, still a bet's a bet and I may allow her to double or quits a few more times.

tl;dr: drinkin', buzz from hardy bucks, chocolate milk, coincidences are funny

Get your motor runnin'Head out on the highwayLookin' for adventureAnd whatever comes our wayYeah Darlin' go make it happenTake the world in a love embraceFir...

Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 15-12-12, 04:12.
                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Oh and no sign of Laura with my leather jacket at the workman's, boo urns.

Since sunday (@Bubbleking also??) I have woken up in a pool of sweat (cold sweat I reckon) each morning (barring Thursday). Last night I was absolutely frozen cold all night despite having a warm apartment and 2 duvets, and then woke up with me and the bed swimming. This is new to me.

Could it be related to my seriously battered leg? Grapefruit sized black, yellow, purple bruise on my leg that I got somehow on Friday. On Sunday when I was laying on my friends couch, I was certain there was a hot water bottle under me but turned out it was the back of legs.

Any ideas?

Comment

Good story Riggs.
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Where you going tonight Rigger?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                Where you going tonight Rigger?
                                                                I am trying to talk myself into staying home.
                                                                Probably for the best, and the night sweats/disturbed sleep were pretty unpleasant.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                  I am trying to talk myself into staying home.
                                                                  Probably for the best, and the night sweats/disturbed sleep were pretty unpleasant.
                                                                  White Russians & town ftw

Edit - crap just misclick folded half my stack with AA posting this

why does the fold button always pop up exactly where the post button is on IPB
                                                                  Last edited by Dice75; 14-12-12, 19:09.

Comment

Oh and no sign of Laura with my leather jacket at the workman's, boo urns.

Since sunday (@Bubbleking also??) I have woken up in a pool of sweat (cold sweat I reckon) each morning (barring Thursday). Last night I was absolutely frozen cold all night despite having a warm apartment and 2 duvets, and then woke up with me and the bed swimming. This is new to me.

Could it be related to my seriously battered leg? Grapefruit sized black, yellow, purple bruise on my leg that I got somehow on Friday. On Sunday when I was laying on my friends couch, I was certain there was a hot water bottle under me but turned out it was the back of legs.

Any ideas?

It's definitely not the drink anyway.

Comment

Nice post by The-Rigger again.

No. 1 poster on the site AINEC.

Comment

Didn't realise this was up on youtube until today. Happened to be in the day this was recorded. Brilliant band.

The Coronas performed their hit song 'Heroes or Ghosts' in a mixture of Irish & English. Hugely popular on Dublin's Number 1 music station FM104, this is the...

Comment

White Russians & town ftw

Edit - crap just misclick folded half my stack with AA posting this

why does the fold button always pop up exactly where the post button is on IPB
                                                                          online monkey tonight? Think shall go be a real monkey

Comment

Didn't realise this was up on youtube until today. Happened to be in the day this was recorded. Brilliant band.
                                                                            Nadia rang me this morning and ask did I want to go to Dublin to see them tonight as she had a spare ticket. I didnt know any of the songs they sang so she takes off singing down the phone lol I declined.
                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

I converted that to mp3 from Youtube some time ago and often listen to it on repeat on my phone when out and about and want something relaxing.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                online monkey tonight? Think shall go be a real monkey
                                                                                Having a few beers here & into town for 9. Only playing one Turbo to pass an hour

Edit - was

Double edit - come to town for beers instead, much better value than live donkaments
                                                                                Last edited by Dice75; 14-12-12, 19:30.

Comment

Nadia rang me this morning and ask did I want to go to Dublin to see them tonight as she had a spare ticket. I didnt know any of the songs they sang so she takes off singing down the phone lol I declined.
                                                                                  Shudda gone, very good live.

Wonder does Emmet know them actually?

Comment

School shootings in the US since Columbine: 31
                                                                                    School shootings in the entire rest of world during same period: 14
                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Nice! Odell ipa is my personal fave of the American ipa's but you've probably tried it already.

The missus just brought me back 6 x 66cl Punk bottles from Belfast. Great value at only £12.

Comment

This story in the states is going to get sicker I think. His dad was a teacher and he killed him before he went to the school. Well that's what is being semi reported. Jesus.

Comment

@ Bozzer, havent tried the Odel IPA yet. Also Punk available @ €2.49 in Superquinn and 6 for the price of 5, so probly roughly the same as the £12. Smashing drink tho

@ Others, I know a few really like th Anchor Steam beer, RDIII one that springs to mind. Well am supping on the Anchor Liberty Ale now, and its as good if not better. Yum!

Comment

If anyone gets a stream for the Connacht match in a while, please throw it up - thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                              School shootings in the US since Columbine: 31
                                                                                              School shootings in the entire rest of world during same period: 14
                                                                                              How many other countries have the same gun laws and population? Comparing like with like would be better imo.

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                              This story in the states is going to get sicker I think. His dad was a teacher and he killed him before he went to the school. Well that's what is being semi reported. Jesus.
                                                                                              I'm watching Sky News. Apparently he killed the Dad at home, and the mother was shot in the school where she works. Obv nothing will become clear for a while yet.

edit: <<<5k obligatory NSFW in keeping with the season:
                                                                                              SPOILER

Last edited by Caf; 14-12-12, 19:45.

Comment

Impressive work Rigger. Keep it up.

Comment

@ Bozzer, havent tried the Odel IPA yet. Also Punk available @ €2.49 in Superquinn and 6 for the price of 5, so probly roughly the same as the £12. Smashing drink tho
                                                                                                  You missed the 66cl part Kev

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                    If anyone gets a stream for the Connacht match in a while, please throw it up - thanks!
                                                                                                    Take yer pick: http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?...59&part=sports

Hopefully its another immense performance from Connacht.
                                                                                                    Last edited by coillcam; 14-12-12, 19:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                                      How many other countries have the same gun laws and population? Comparing like with like would be better imo.
                                                                                                      US Population: 311,591,917
                                                                                                      World Population: 6,973,738,433

4.47% of the worlds population, 68.89% of the School shootings

Comment

23 people injured in a school attack in China today only with knifes instead.

Opr

Comment

I want an appointment for drinks soon riggs
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Just how many times can they let this happen before they even consider gun control?

Meh! I guess we kill exponentially more people here every year with Alcohol and no one even wants to talk about restricting advertising or taxing it relative to the harm it causes. Or to put it more in socially acceptable way we are willing in Ireland to sacrifice 200 people every year for the convenience of being allowed drive around in cars.
                                                                                                            The point being that in any society we are perfectly willing to allow loads of people to die unnecessarily if preventing those deaths is going to cause significant disruption to the norms of society.

That's a logical way to look at it but in reality I'd find it very hard to restrain myself from getting excessively angry with any thick American hick who tries to argue against gun control.
                                                                                                            Grrrrr better not turn on any TV news tonight.
                                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

@#Raoul Duke, I am too young for a midlife crisis, I think I am experiencing a late teenagedom, and also some life changes currently.
                                                                                                              Good, good. You seem to be enjoying it anyway, living the dream (of sorts). Moar!!

I will keep Roger under wraps in case you need to be slapped down at any point
                                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Americans are generally speaking comfortable with the tradeoff between violent crime and availability of weaponry. This may be idiotic but it's a choice they've made - we're not really in a position to lecture anyone about daftness.
                                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Bozzer View Post
                                                                                                                  You missed the 66cl part Kev
                                                                                                                  sign me up!

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                    I want an appointment for drinks soon riggs
                                                                                                                    I think I might try and stay on the wagon. Tbh, as experienced by those at the IPB beers, I am not much crack when I just have a few, a bit of crack when I get bladdered though. There is a tipping point. Maybe if I am out and on the road to bladderedness, I will post my whereabouts and you can join up if you are about.

I hear Dicey's €2 tuesday is quite something.

Comment

Access to guns isn't the problem in America, it's the amount of nutters. Ban guns and you'll just have a situation like China where people use knives instead. Now less people will die but it still needless deaths. They should spend their time and money figuring out why people decide (attempted)mass-murder is a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                                                        Access to guns isn't the problem in America, it's the amount of nutters.
                                                                                                                        Nope

Ban guns and you'll just have a situation like China where people use knives instead.
                                                                                                                        Wouldn't that be a very good thing?

Now less people will die but it still needless deaths.
                                                                                                                        This implies one needless death is as bad as a thousand.

They should spend their time and money figuring out why people decide (attempted)mass-murder is a good idea.
                                                                                                                        Don't you think "they" do?

Comment

just bought a full sized table football for the kids for Xmas.

i expect to crush souls for no longer than 2 years, until they can finally reach both the forwards and the goal keeper at the same time.

i then expect them to play like this

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X