X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    nationwide - I am doing some research.
    Surprisingly difficult to think of quality options in this space.

VDC in Naas and on the Curragh is OK and I suppose Avoca is too but there are very few places that I can think of that I would go out of my way to return to.
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Ah no big story there, we're great friends and she needs support for a bit yet, no qualms with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            You'd be fairly pissed off if you'd forgot to charge your phone/tablet/laptop before traveling to the states and therefore had to chuck it in the bin.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ights-us-bound
            Gap in the market for phone bombs that can also use the internet.

Comment

Comment

The Smokehouse in Killarney was one of the best places I have been in a while.

Although the menu changes I would happily to any one of them.

I ate there 4 times over the Killarney IPO weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                  Cafe Hans in Cashel is the best place in the country for this sort of thing without any doubt whatsoever. I challenge anyone to name a better example. It is utterly exceptional in every respect.
                  I went out with their son Jason when in school.He bought me my first swatch watch on valentines day ,the other girls were green with envy!
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                    I guess this place doesn't count http://odessa.ie/menu/
                    Will have a think.
                    Great Brunch there
                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

In a final in this trio of flight related news. Bidding on upgrades to first class for US flights on Aer Lingus.

Surely the default +ev rule is to always bid €300.01 and hope for the best?
                      Could anybody be like...that was a great use of 2000 euro after a flight?
                      300 sounds decent and I'd bid the 300.02 every time

Comment

15 mins walk to O'Connell street. Suppose that's damn handy so should factor in.
                        I may get a nicer place for the money but laziness + location = good times too.
                        Some one beds going for over a grand atm around town and that is not even high end ones
                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Comment

The closer you are to o connell street should drive down you're rent.
                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                              Some one beds going for over a grand atm around town and that is not even high end ones
                              Suppose any old shithole directly in the centre comes with a premium, which is mad as there are so many areas cheaper close to town.

State of a lot of apartments asking for a lot of money is lol.
                              Originally posted by elbows View Post
                              Great Brunch there
                              Yeah Odessa is the only place I can think of where I'm like, can't wait to go back there.

Comment

Ah I was just saying 300.01 to fool you, I'd actually bid 300.03 every time obv. Back to cattle class for you
                                I can see you bidding 3k and aer lingus loving it. Outgamed.

Comment

Can people let me know where their favourite place for food is which is a cafe setting - so breakfast, brunch, lunch type place that would have pretty much the same menu available from the time it opens to the time it closes?
                                  McKenzies Cafe in Killarney. Same menu every day, all year round. Fantastic food, cheap prices.

Comment

Ah no big story there, we're great friends and she needs support for a bit yet, no qualms with that.
                                    Yes but BBV has qualms with that.
                                    It's all an illusion

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                        Can I ask how you stumbled on this?
                                        Why?
                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

True enough, and having cats makes it a pain in the ass in general. Money has nearly doubled in a year, yet i'm completely poor (still support ex), go figure. I suppose I'll do a few token viewings and stay where I am
                                          Aaahhhh you may have one or two

Comment

Cafe Sol in Kilkenny is nice. Would go back there if in the area.

Cant be arsed finding the website (its monday and all that)

Comment

Originally posted by 72over View Post
                                              Yes but BBV has qualms with that.
                                              Why?

Comment

there was a Lance doc on somewhere last night - anybody got a link to it?

You may need to use Hula or wan of them

Comment

Anyone got a loan of a pipe bender on here?
                                                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Channel 4 tonight pretty sure, good doc.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                      Channel 4 tonight pretty sure, good doc.
                                                      Channel 4 are showing the superior Alex Gibney doc 'The Armstrong Lie' tonight which has extensive interviews and commentary from the man himself. Last night's doc had some good footage but was a real 'gotcha' piece driven by very smug and self satisfied interviews from Kimmage, Ryan, etc - i.e. those involved in chasing down his guilt.

Tonight's is a far stronger piece that dives into the nuances of the story a lot better.
                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                        Anyone got a loan of a pipe bender on here?
                                                        Too easy.
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                          Why?
                                                          Author is my brother in law, was wondering how you may have crossed his path before? Or alternatively if he's "making it" on the blogosphere?

Comment

Can people let me know where their favourite place for food is which is a cafe setting - so breakfast, brunch, lunch type place that would have pretty much the same menu available from the time it opens to the time it closes?
                                                            The Gables in Foxrock ainec

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                              Author is my brother in law, was wondering how you may have crossed his path before? Or alternatively if he's "making it" on the blogosphere?
                                                              Ah, well unfortunately it was a bland enough Facebook link that sent me to it

Comment

new landlord wanted to go from 700 - 850 so I was gonna move.

Now they want 750. Is it worth the hassle to move oh man. I hate doing stuff.
                                                                I kinda have the opposite problem; there's a nicer bigger place up for rent in my building that I'm interested in, but my rent hasn't changed in two years, and it was reasonable to begin with at the time. I'm probably paying 10-20% below market atm. Feels like burning money to give that up and pay an extra premium on top even if it's worth the happiness ev. #firstworldproblems

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                  I kinda have the opposite problem; there's a nicer bigger place up for rent in my building that I'm interested in, but my rent hasn't changed in two years, and it was reasonable to begin with at the time. I'm probably paying 10-20% below market atm. Feels like burning money to give that up and pay an extra premium on top even if it's worth the happiness ev. #firstworldproblems
                                                                  We'll need pix. Do you like where you are now? Do you like the new place enough to pack up your stuff, bleach the place and move? You probably can afford it so it really depends on how much more it is and how much you care about the differences.

I have a feeling if I view places I'll realise mine is far nicer and go whimpering home. Mine hasn't budged from 700 in 3 years and it was by far the best place we saw at the time. Realistically it should be more than 750 so after I view your old place I'll decide

Comment

The Cheese Pantry in Drumcondra is the one for me. Tend to go there every second weekend or so.
                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                      The Cheese Pantry in Drumcondra is the one for me. Tend to go there every second weekend or so.
                                                                      Changes to different menu at some stage though?
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                                                        The Gables in Foxrock ainec
                                                                        How far away is it?

Comment

Depends where your starting point is

Comment

Why?
                                                                            Just seems a bit strange is all. Most lads prefer the cut and run approach. When a relationship is over, well...it's over. You don't have any obligation to pay support unless there are children involved. I'm guessing there's a piece of information we're not privy to but no need to go into it. One point though, I think staying close friends and paying support could hamper chances of new relationships.
                                                                            It's all an illusion

Comment

We'll need pix. Do you like where you are now? Do you like the new place enough to pack up your stuff, bleach the place and move? You probably can afford it so it really depends on how much more it is and how much you care about the differences.

I have a feeling if I view places I'll realise mine is far nicer and go whimpering home. Mine hasn't budged from 700 in 3 years and it was by far the best place we saw at the time. Realistically it should be more than 750 so after I view your old place I'll decide
                                                                              750 is still very reasonable tbf.

Not putting up pics but I'd be swapping a ground floor apartment for one with a fairly decent sized outdoor area, it's also bigger, and a lot brighter. Meh, probably worth it; I'd definitely pay extra just to have a proper balcony again anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                Changes to different menu at some stage though?
                                                                                You may be right. Only ever been there for lunch (must try an evening sometime). Definately a cafe though!
                                                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Not putting up pics but I'd be swapping a ground floor apartment for one with a fairly decent sized outdoor area, it's also bigger, and a lot brighter. Meh, probably worth it; I'd definitely pay extra just to have a proper balcony again anyway.
                                                                                  What's the extra damage? Sounds like a no-brainer if the price difference is reasonable.

Comment

...

Comment

You're in IFSC? Might be tempted to take that when our lease is up in September - think the landlord is going to send the rent sky high (not helped by not paying the rent this month) Absolutely hate being a few stories high in a building. What's the rent there?
                                                                                      Always thought ground floor was the worst in apartment blocks?
                                                                                      Easier to break in, people can look in at you so you need to block your windows at all times, noisier as everyone has to walk past you to get to the entrance, no free heat from below, potential piss and vomit on your outside walls at weekends.

Comment

Brighter alone sounds good to me Denny, probably less prone to dampness too. I'd probably be frugal and stay

I just went through all apartments in dublin for 700 or less, I think I'll be staying put, dear lord. Oh look another bed in the kitchen!

Just seems a bit strange is all. Most lads prefer the cut and run approach. When a relationship is over, well...it's over. You don't have any obligation to pay support unless there are children involved. I'm guessing there's a piece of information we're not privy to but no need to go into it. One point though, I think staying close friends and paying support could hamper chances of new relationships.
                                                                                        Ah yeah depends on the situation, under no illusions of it being an obligation, I've barely said a word to previous ex for example. It would be a concern with a new relationship all right and you have to think about all that stuff when offering money over a term. But after 2 relationships and 8 years I need Tar time.

Comment

I think it's very relationship dependent tbf

I did something similar a good few years back, where my ex wouldn't have been able to afford the accommodation she was (we had) been in, didn't have any family in proximity and rather than add that hassle and drama to an ending relationship I continued to pay half the rent for 4-5 months until the lease expired.
                                                                                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                            Easier to break in, people can look in at you so you need to block your windows at all times, noisier as everyone has to walk past you to get to the entrance, no free heat from below, potential piss and vomit on your outside walls at weekends.
                                                                                            All the above when renting for a year in Bushy Park. Especially the bedroom adjoining the entrance hall (marble tiles & high heels at 4am not a good combo for sleep) and constant slamming door.

Comment

...

Comment

Juniors on bath avenue. This is mainly cause they do a great eggs benni and open on Sundays for my hangover.

Comment

...

Comment

Only thing I mind on the ground floor is using a net curtain, horrible things. No trouble apart from that and nice to have glass doors onto the street, which nobody seems to break thank god.

Comment

nationwide - I am doing some research.
                                                                                                      La Cucina in Castletroy in Limerick is top class. On the phone right now so can't link. It's an Italian cafe that offers pizza, pasta, salads, ciababatta etc along with deserts, pastries, coffee etc.

It's open morning to evening, but would peak around lubch time I'd imagine. Customers use it as go for a coffee/go for light bite/go for lunch/go for late meal. Might not be exactly what you're looking for I guess but it is an excellent venue.
                                                                                                      Last edited by Jam-Fly; 07-07-14, 13:46.
                                                                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by sodtheprod View Post
                                                                                                          Stress gone in 13th JJ no good v aj all in pre! 6.4k softens the blow....
                                                                                                          Nice run, not sure if I'd laugh or cry finishing 13th though

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                            Mines not quite that bad, it's inside and sectioned off with a little garden/hedge thing, place is actually too warm, and it's not near an entrance. It has the plus of not having to walk as far to get home. Would still prefer higher up though.
                                                                                                            Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                            What's the extra damage? Sounds like a no-brainer if the price difference is reasonable.
                                                                                                            About 50% more. Probably wont get the place now that I'm sold on the decision
                                                                                                            Last edited by Denny Crane; 07-07-14, 14:10.

Comment

Anybody eaten here? Any use?
                                                                                                              Dublin’s floating Restaurant & Bar on the River Liffey. Enjoy the unrivalled views of the waterfront in the heart of Dublin’s docklands

Work bringing us kayaking and then eating on that boat.

Comment

Its just the fear of heights. Hate looking down and seeing the vast expanse below. Nearly collapsed a few times looking down from the father-in-laws 18-story apartment. Its that whole; what if you or the family make a mistake and then are splash on the ground

Hmm, although seems to be a few downsides too.
                                                                                                                Eric Clapton talked about his sons death from a fall from an apartment in NY. Seemingly the floor to ceiling window could be opened fully and swivelled, for cleaning purposes, and as the janitor was demonstrating the dangers to the nanny, the poor kid ran into the room and straight out through the now open window. Terrible shit.

Also, how the fuck did you not pay your rent?? I thought you gambled the whole lot of it (bad enough) but actually won the bet??

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                  Nice run, not sure if I'd laugh or cry finishing 13th though
                                                                                                                  A little bit of both. Honestly don't think I'll be able to play again for a month. Was a complete roller coaster.

Comment

What's the best site for buying football jerseys online?

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                                                                        What's the best site for buying football jerseys online?
                                                                                                                        What's the best place to buy retro football jerseys

Comment

Yeah, its a constant thing with the kid. We never let her out on the balcony alone, but there's just the fear she might do. That must have been the most horrific life event for Clapton. How do you even recover from that?

No lost the bet. Think am grand, as the landlord seems fine with my excuse (online scam - bank accounts swiped), and will be okay with paying the double next month due to extra money arriving.

Was money well spent on the trip in any case. Something so fulfilling about meeting a good pal in a foreign country and then just ye talking shite for 16 hours a day. Proper brohugs at the end (sadly I think we used the brohug term). Thats Berlin, Barcelona, and Amsterdam/Utrecht/Rotterdam we've done over last few years. Think we're going to Iceland next year.
                                                                                                                          Sounds deadly. Could do with a right 2/3 day session myself at the minute. Can't see it happening anytime soon though

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X